1. Post #14481
    September 2014
    507 Posts
    You should really resist making variants of concepts. You've now made 2 items by claiming concepts and then changing them to your own thing and maintaining credit.

I'm not saying don't be inspired by other work, but don't claim things just so you can do it your way and drop their concept later
    Im still adding him as a contributor, i havent dropped him, He will still get the standard concept artist percentage.

Also, some progress:
    The major problems with the UV seams were in these three locations. I think i have fixed them all

I also redid the uvs and the texture for the Fur part of the boot, it looks better imo, much less chunkier, a lot more smooth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #14482
    P.
    Dennab
    September 2013
    396 Posts
    Germans pronounce "W" as "V" and wice wersa
    Itīs not really a vice versa relation, while W is pronounced as V, V is pronunced as F.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #14483
    October 2012
    737 Posts
    The heels of the boots look odd. Seems like they are tilted towards the outside of the foot in that image. Might want to look into that and make sure the sole of the boot is level with the ground plane

Also don't think we are picking things apart just for the sake of it. Everything being mentioned is to help you improve. One last thing, always wait until your mesh is 100% ready before unwrapping and texturing. Otherwise you may have to redo all that work when you change the mesh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Late Late x 1 (list)

4. Post #14484
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,713 Posts

They're none real utility ,but it does looks better (in my opinion).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree x 10Funny x 3Dumb x 2Artistic x 2Late x 1 (list)

5. Post #14485
    September 2014
    507 Posts
    The heels of the boots look odd. Seems like they are tilted towards the outside of the foot in that image. Might want to look into that and make sure the sole of the boot is level with the ground plane
    It just looks like that because of the fact that its in the bind pose
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #14486
    October 2014
    106 Posts
    I'm pretty much done with the Mozart set, but I need some name suggestions, I really suck!
    Is there a thread dedicated to name suggestions?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Winner Winner x 29Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

7. Post #14487
    Dennab
    January 2014
    102 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #14488
    November 2013
    1,597 Posts
    I'm pretty much done with the Mozart set, but I need some name suggestions, I really suck!

set: "the sound of progress"

shoes: "composer's clogs"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 16Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #14489
    March 2013
    6,999 Posts

Pompous Pianist
    Mozart's Mantel or Musician's Mantel
    Composer's Clogs (which was already mentioned)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 9Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #14490
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,713 Posts
    "Heal it Amadeus" for the hat (as a desc)

(reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVikZ8Oe_XA)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #14491
    October 2014
    106 Posts
    oh! Those are great you guys! Thank you so much!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

12. Post #14492
    May 2014
    1,650 Posts
    oh! Those are great you guys! Thank you so much!!
    Lovely set by the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #14493
    November 2011
    840 Posts
    You should really resist making variants of concepts. You've now made 2 items by claiming concepts and then changing them to your own thing and maintaining credit.

I'm not saying don't be inspired by other work, but don't claim things just so you can do it your way and drop their concept later
    To be fair, with one of those he's had my approval to adapt my work, and he's supposed to be showing me his progress and working with me, but he's put the ice pyro aside to work on a pair of boots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #14494
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,713 Posts

Amerika

Sorry for the "multiple" concept posting, remade the Borat concept with some shading, general rework & melee weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

15. Post #14495

October 2014
    9 Posts

Amerika

Sorry for the "multiple" concept posting, remade the Borat concept with some shading, general rework & melee weapon.
    Wouldn't this make more sense as a heavy set?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #14496
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,713 Posts
    The heavy already have the Fat Learner.
    And the scout looks like more Borat then the Heavy

Actually, might give a try to make it (again) for the heavy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events

17. Post #14497
    never releases anything ever
    September 2012
    660 Posts
    For god sakes man listen to what people are telling you, the model is too smooth, it needs hard edges, select edges that are on more than 75° angles and mark them sharp. CTRL+E --> MARK SHARP, ADD EDGE SPLIT MODIFIER, UNCHECK EDGE ANGLE.

And your UV's are crummy, you have two different colors merging into each other on a flat surface and it looks weird, not helped by the fact that the seam where they meet is not at all straight.

If you want to have those two colors meet each other to contrast, model out an area for where the color change happens, create a shape that calls for the sudden change in color because right now it just looks tacked on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #14498
    September 2014
    507 Posts

It looks so much better, im sorry, i guess im kinda clueless
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #14499
    November 2014
    795 Posts
    The heavy already have the Fat Learner.
    And the scout looks like more Borat then the Heavy

Actually, might give a try to make it (again) for the heavy.
    You post concepts WAAAAY too often.

It looks so much better, im sorry, i guess im kinda clueless
    Am I still up for making promos?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #14500
    October 2012
    737 Posts
    The fact that it is in bind pose and the bottom of the feet are not level with the floor is the problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #14501
    January 2013
    1,419 Posts

I swear we get steps closer to making something like a "Mercenaries of the Badlands' or something and with enough Pompous wigs and pirate stuff we can just attempt to remake the whole movie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

22. Post #14502
    Radaghast
    August 2013
    2,713 Posts
    I got (way too) much spare time those last days.
    Also I'm somewhat remaking concepts, and it seem that I have none more to remake atm.
    So don't worry, you're not going to see an another Radaghast's concept anytime soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #14503
    October 2013
    132 Posts

Hope I'm not too late in giving my Name suggestions:

Either one of the items or the whole set I could see being called "Musician Physician"

The wig I could see being called "the Powdered Practitioner"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

24. Post #14504
    May 2014
    1,650 Posts
    Hope I'm not too late in giving my Name suggestions:

Either one of the items or the whole set I could see being called "Musician Physician"

The wig I could see being called "the Powdered Practitioner"
    There is already an item named that:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

25. Post #14505
    October 2011
    806 Posts

Hair: Tone-Deaf 'Do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3 (list)

26. Post #14506
    I main Captain Falcon
    November 2010
    5,504 Posts

Not good with names but nice George Washington set

I'd buy    or trade for    it if it gets in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

27. Post #14507
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,800 Posts
    Because george washington was the only person in history to have a horse hair wig right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #14508
    165your4
    Not good with names but nice George Washington set

I'd buy    or trade for    it if it gets in
    Bad Reading x1 (list)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Dumb Dumb x 9Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #14509
    March 2013
    6,999 Posts
    Bad Reading x1 (list)
    Bad Joke x 1 (list)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Zing Zing x 27 (list)

30. Post #14510
    March 2008
    987 Posts

don fuck wit me ghosts im gonna bap yall
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 25Funny Funny x 8 (list)

31. Post #14511
    March 2012
    1,428 Posts
    You're going to do what with me to them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 18Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

32. Post #14512
    August 2013
    1,933 Posts
    What was the method to get rid of that ugly artifacting on paint edges? Its making one of my items look pretty bad, so I might just get rid of it's paint if I can't get it fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #14513
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,742 Posts
    What was the method to get rid of that ugly artifacting on paint edges? Its making one of my items look pretty bad, so I might just get rid of it's paint if I can't get it fixed.
    you have to use the black diffuse, texture in alpha method. cant remember the exact procedure but i had the same problem and that fixed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

34. Post #14514

July 2013
    1,663 Posts
    did you try blendtintoverbaseorsomethinglikethat 1?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #14515
    March 2014
    5,001 Posts
    hyped to hear the winners today, good luck everyone!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #14516
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,719 Posts
    1 hour later
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #14517
    September 2011
    795 Posts
    yeah its like valve and dates are nemesis
    why I am not surprised though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

38. Post #14518
    January 2013
    1,162 Posts
    cmon valve :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #14519
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,786 Posts
    yeah its like valve and dates are nemesis
    why I am not surprised though
    That's why they invented valve time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

40. Post #14520
    August 2013
    9,652 Posts
    At this point i think they make it a point to be late. There's no comprehendable reason picking a few workshop items and throwing up a sloppy blogpost is this intangibly difficult for a team of 10+ people over the course of a week..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)