1. Post #41
    February 2009
    14,617 Posts
    shoutouts to games that only get popular because "LOL RANDUM XD" which then get even more popular because youtube personalities think theyre funny by doing a lets play on it.

2. Post #42
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    5,976 Posts
    Pre-Alpha gameplay to add to the hype train
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 31Funny Funny x 14 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,064 Posts
    I love how he shows that he's using Scratch (which is free) in the first 3 seconds of the video
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,649 Posts
    If I named a game "Don't Die" could Klei or whoever sue me because the name is similar to "Don't Starve?"

(The answer is they'd get their asses laughed out of court.)
    It's not just a similar name though. This is like making a game called "Halo: The Big Pizza" and then selling it. How is that not copyright infringement?
    Edit:
    wait nevermind. I read wrong. I thought the title was Grand Theft Auto Pizza. Nevermind. Even then I still would've been wrong my bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    10,827 Posts
    I would have hoped it was more like this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Sai
    "I love my sister's butt!"
    September 2011
    2,387 Posts
    that cap he is wearing looks like half a car on his head

I dont know if that was intentional or not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 25Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    June 2014
    50 Posts
    Hi. My name is Ned Reid, co-founder of Shandy Pants Studios and "Grand Theft Pizza Delivery". I will be happy to answer some things.

What the fuck is he even planning to spend that money on
    Here is a Breakdown:
    £160 - Construct 2 costs.
    £50 - Graphic editor costs (Currently done in MS Paint!!!)
    £170 - Kickstarter fees, rewards and taxes.
    £100 - Music Editor and soundtrack development costs.
    £70 - Steam Greenlight entry fee.
    £25 - Google developers license.
    £150 - Ouya console.
    £30 - More kickstarter fees.

You can see how much game development costs. It all adds up to more than you think.

Is that kid still using an old Dell Dimension?
    Yeah. Going on 10 years old now. It has:

8GB RAM
    AMD FX 6350 Processor
    AMD Radeon HD 7870 XT.

Not bad for something originally running on XP.

why

Honestly though the kid does seem like someone who is generally motivated and while it is obviously not that good of a game, it's still giving a 13 year old a good experience which might motivate him to improve once he's more mature and actually do something with his interest.

Or maybe that's just me being too optimistic about a 13 year old getting 813 pounds.

Edited:

Yeah it's probably just me being optimistic, looking through the kickstarter updates there's very little of a 'thank you' for the 800 pounds collected, nor even a single update referring to the original stretch goal being met.
    I'm sorry that I couldn't make a "thank you" Update sooner. I was busy with exams and the game recently and couldn't do it. I didn't make an update for the first stretch goal because I achieved it so quickly. I guess I am a bit tardy.

Really I am glad to make the game, as I thin it will be a life achievement. I love the game. Everything from the style of graphics, to control of the car. It will be, in my opinion, one of he greatest games ever made.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 56Funny x 20Winner x 11Agree x 1Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    I reckon you could actually pull this off, you've got the emotional drive to make something great, and that's important. You hold onto that desire to succeed, and you could go far.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 14Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,195 Posts
    You know, we always make fun of such kickstarters, but I do hope you are serious about this, and don't just want some easy money.

I guess I can only refer you to this video that was posted recently: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b0tSu0QDQ0

If you are serious about games, though, I suggest that you learn to code with a proper programming language - it will give you much more freedom to create.

A good (and completely free!) framework is LÖVE, which was used to create games such as Mari0

LÖVE games are made using the Lua programming language. I'm afraid I am not competent enough to offer you advice on how to learn a programming language, though. Maybe somebody else will help me on this, or you can just start by googling "getting started with lua" and then going somewhere from there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Fudders
    MAKING FACEPUNCH GREAT AGAIN
    September 2010
    8,858 Posts
    I chocked on a hot wing when the Sonic music came on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Chase827's Bitch
    January 2012
    4,277 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    December 2013
    841 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 28Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    June 2014
    50 Posts
    that cap he is wearing looks like half a car on his head

I dont know if that was intentional or not
    It wasn't intentional. Well done for pointing it out, though. If you do have extreme OCD, however, you will be pleased to know that there is an updated drawing.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 17Funny x 7Artistic x 3Winner x 2Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    3,684 Posts
    It wasn't intentional. Well done for pointing it out, though. If you do have extreme OCD, however, you will be pleased to know that there is an updated drawing.

Just wondering, how did you find this thread? I've noticed sometimes people find their stuff posted on here like a few of the profiles in the worse steam profile thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    June 2014
    50 Posts
    Just to say, everyone. We now have a pre-order page for anyone who missed the kickstarter. You can find it here.

Just wondering, how did you find this thread? I've noticed sometimes people find their stuff posted on here like a few of the profiles in the worse steam profile thread.
    I just searched "Grand Theft Pizza Delivery" into google. There are many threads for it. On here, neogaf and newgrounds especially.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 9Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,098 Posts
    I just searched "Grand Theft Pizza Delivery" into google. There are many threads for it. On here, neogaf and newgrounds especially.

Yep, there we are. Page 2 even finally facepunch is making it in this big ole' world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

17. Post #57
    December 2013
    841 Posts
    snip

18. Post #58
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    5,976 Posts

Yep, there we are. Page 2 even finally facepunch is making it in this big ole' world.
    nah we are already the top result for this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Chase827's Bitch
    January 2012
    4,277 Posts
    this is just bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Late Late x 1Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    I was saying "Boo-urns".
    November 2012
    1,211 Posts
    Getting money is this easy?

brb firing up ms paint
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 4 (list)

21. Post #61
    I do it all
    November 2010
    20,178 Posts
    You've got a lot of passion for this which is something I respect, even if it's not that good you've definitely set up some foundation for yourself to learn

Hope all goes well man

22. Post #62
    Dennab
    August 2009
    3,835 Posts
    Guys I got a screenshot of the map from the leaked Alpha footage.

I overlayed it on the GTA5 map to get a good idea of scale. I reckon the depth will make up for the slightly smaller size.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 47 (list)

23. Post #63
    Dennab
    June 2013
    2,037 Posts
    I got exclusive beta keys, I will give them away, to get them, it's simple, just do these steps
    1. Subscribe to my youtube
    2. Comment on my youtube
    3. re-tweet all my tweets
    4. share and like all my fb statuses
    5. send me your credit card details (To validate real person)
    6. send email to send the beta.

This is exclusive beta!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

24. Post #64
    June 2014
    50 Posts
    I got exclusive beta keys, I will give them away, to get them, it's simple, just do these steps
    1. Subscribe to my youtube
    2. Comment on my youtube
    3. re-tweet all my tweets
    4. share and like all my fb statuses
    5. send me your credit card details (To validate real person)
    6. send email to send the beta.

This is exclusive beta!
    This beta isn't exclusive. Anyone on the Kickstater could back it. If you do want the beta for the game, You will soon be able to Pre-Order it on the Shandy Pants Studios website.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 4Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    4,123 Posts
    Oh my god the game creator himself on my thread. This is unreal. I want an autograph
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 3Late Late x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    dvc
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,609 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    September 2012
    1,152 Posts
    This beta isn't exclusive. Anyone on the Kickstater could back it. If you do want the beta for the game, You will soon be able to Pre-Order it on the Shandy Pants Studios website.
    I want to see you run this on a rasberry pi.

Edited:

I'm 90% sure that is what he is also coding it on, since scratch comes with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    June 2014
    50 Posts
    I want to see you run this on a rasberry pi.

Edited:

I'm 90% sure that is what he is also coding it on, since scratch comes with it.
    The game is not compatible with a raspberry pi. Due to the game's demanding system requirements. The original (Scratch) prototype had trouble running on a 4GB ram computer. The new construct 2 version now has better optimization, and can run 1080p 60fps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 32Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Dennab
    June 2013
    2,037 Posts
    The game is not compatible with a raspberry pi. Due to the game's demanding system requirements. The original (Scratch) prototype had trouble running on a 4GB ram computer. The new construct 2 version now has better optimization, and can run 1080p 60fps.
    What about Anti-Aliasing?
    Will there be modding support?
    Will it be on steam?
    Can people buy in-game exclusives?
    Will it be open source?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 10Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    4,123 Posts
    Oculus Rift support?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 12Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    September 2012
    1,152 Posts
    It is probably that demanding because every single object construct is an entity with its own collision boxes.

Edited:

You boast an ineptitude of coding, not exceptional quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #72
    Chase827's Bitch
    January 2012
    4,277 Posts
    will it require a downgrade to run on consoles?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

33. Post #73
    June 2014
    50 Posts
    What about Anti-Aliasing?
    Will there be modding support?
    Will it be on steam?
    Can people buy in-game exclusives?
    Will it be open source?
    1. Anti aliasing will probably be enabled
    2. There may be modding support, if people ask for it.
    3. If the greenlight succeeds.
    4. Probably not.
    5. No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

34. Post #74
    I really respect that you're not going easymode and using dime-a-dozen pixel art for this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #75
    Chase827's Bitch
    January 2012
    4,277 Posts
    1. Anti aliasing will probably be enabled
    2. There may be modding support, if people ask for it.
    3. If the greenlight succeeds.
    4. Probably not.
    5. No.
    will it be early access?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,366 Posts
    will it be early access?
    Yeah, early access would be great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    June 2014
    50 Posts
    will it be early access?
    We will see if early access is possible. We will try to but we may not. We will try to use the Desura alpha scheme if we can get on there. If all fails (Which is unlikely), we will distribute the game though our site. Sooner or later, I will post an update on the kickstarter with more details.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    June 2014
    50 Posts
    We've compared the latest build to the pre-alpha footage. Quite a difference Eh?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 33Winner x 7Agree x 2Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    September 2009
    1,221 Posts
    Will we be able to play a female character instead of Bob the male archetype?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,121 Posts
    This is amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 13Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)