1. Post #23881
    September 2013
    3,106 Posts
    Speaking again of reskins.

I really miss the Scout spinning the pan in mid air then catching it like the default bat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #23882
    January 2012
    360 Posts

my assumption on the movie plot. it's going to switch between three views. Sniper/scout following the train trying to stop it, red trying to make a plan, and blue trying to stop red from stopping it.
    I was under the impression that the Demo was starting the train, and he was blowing up the cabin so it couldn't be stopped after it started moving. And the scene where the train is in the warehouse is where it was being prepped with bombs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 3 (list)

3. Post #23883
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    2,616 Posts
    That's with a mouse? The fuck?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Agree Agree x 28Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #23884
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    2,860 Posts
    So, it's getting quite a bit late for something to happen. Here's to hoping for before February!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #23885
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,021 Posts
    So, it's getting quite a bit late for something to happen. Here's to hoping for before February!
    :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Aruba Show Events Agree Agree x 16Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #23886
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    8,140 Posts
    My guess is next week.

Of 2016.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #23887
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts
    maybe eric's taking a nap
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

8. Post #23888
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,021 Posts
    maybe eric's taking a nap
    let me go to my basement and see how he's doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Aruba Show Events Funny Funny x 24Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #23889
    August 2013
    9,713 Posts
    "Listen, Eric. Your job is simple. You pick a workshop item. You make a blogpost. You release the tomb raider promo. You have two weeks. You have over 15 people on your development team. You have no work. You just click which item you like. And you post it. Don't fuck this up and be late."

Later that day

"Does anyone here know how to open the workshop?"
    "I dunno nobody has touched that in like 6 months"
    "Hey guys! They're watching a three week long friends marathon down the hall!"
    "Sweet! Hey potted plant! lock the door on the way out!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 33Artistic Artistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #23890
    May 2013
    6,987 Posts
    I don't understand why Valve doesn't just start telling us things will be done way after they think they will be.
    They don't have to stick to deadlines, we get things earlier than we were lead to believe, everybody wins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #23891
    August 2013
    9,713 Posts
    I don't understand why Valve doesn't just start telling us things will be done way after they think they will be.
    They don't have to stick to deadlines, we get things earlier than we were lead to believe, everybody wins.
    Valve actually already does that. They just fuck up and end up releasing later than that time too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #23892

October 2014
    61 Posts
    I wonder if we are going to get a comic or future update news or something when valve announces the TB winners.

Thatd be cool.
    i would bet that if EOTL doesn't come out with the Tomb Raider winners they'll mention its ETA.
    at least, if they don't do that I'm gonna be annoyed. valve's team has such poor communication sometimes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #23893
    May 2013
    6,987 Posts
    Valve actually already does that. They just fuck up and end up releasing later than that time too.
    Solution: Start work on all updates a decade in advance.
    ...or maybe that's what they're doing and that was what REALLY delayed TF2's release for so long
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #23894

October 2014
    61 Posts
    speaking of reskins, I wish the Conscientious Objector's taunt wasn't just the default melee taunt for each class. especially for demoman.... it's a fucking sign. don't try to drink it. i wish the taunt showed off the decal somehow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #23895
    June 2014
    716 Posts
    Screw it guys the community should make their own update then we could get- oh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

16. Post #23896
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts

valve_announcing_tomb_raider_winners.gif
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 24Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #23897
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,021 Posts
    to be fair, its past office hours at the moment, you have barely 20 people on the update and probably a list of tasks to knock out before pushing the update button. Its never that easy to launch these worldwide events.

I also dont see often being argued here about the legal workflow of things when it comes to updates. It appears easy to us all here from the outside but im sure there are red tapes here and there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Aruba Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #23898
    August 2013
    9,713 Posts
    to be fair, its past office hours at the moment, you have barely 20 people on the update and probably a list of tasks to knock out before pushing the update button. Its never that easy to launch these worldwide events.

I also dont see often being argued here about the legal workflow of things when it comes to updates. It appears easy to us all here from the outside but im sure there are red tapes here and there.
    They've had three weeks to compile bugfixes, and picking a winner is a matter of sitting down as a team for a day and discussing it, and an extra day for square enix to verify if they like the choices

I completely understand thinks takes time, but it's pathetic if valve cant manage such a menial task to ship alongside bugfixes they've had weeks to do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #23899
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,060 Posts

no, the lid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #23900
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,956 Posts
    Mcvee already said its going to show the interactions between certain couples-soldier/engie, sniper/scout, etc.
    What. Who ships soldier and engie?
    Their romance would have no dynamic they'd just exist beside each other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #23901
    June 2014
    8,261 Posts
    That's ridiculous. Their romance is based around the dynamic of soldier taking binoculars from engi repeatedly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #23902
    April 2013
    1,280 Posts
    To sum it up in one sentence, it seems like valve is in a polygamous love-hate relationship with its opinionated tf2 fans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #23903
    October 2014
    422 Posts

I don't know in Expiration Date they're shown to have a pretty close relationship
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 17Funny Funny x 4 (list)

24. Post #23904
    November 2014
    39 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #23905
    August 2013
    9,713 Posts
    Goodnight folks, i'm eager to hear their excuse for being late tomorrow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #23906
    May 2013
    6,987 Posts

I don't know in Expiration Date they're shown to have a pretty close relationship
    Alternatively, the Engie's a nice guy who is good with people and would rather Scout is not brutally beaten over bread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 4 (list)

27. Post #23907
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,021 Posts
    They've had three weeks to compile bugfixes, and picking a winner is a matter of sitting down as a team for a day and discussing it, and an extra day for square enix to verify if they like the choices

I completely understand thinks takes time, but it's pathetic if valve cant manage such a menial task to ship alongside bugfixes they've had weeks to do
    I cannot claim to know a lot much more EVERYTHING within valve. I'll let them defend themselves if ever. If all i know, eric chocked on a chip of doritos that was previously infected with the chimera virus and only Jack Bauer can stop the terrorists responsible for delaying EOTL.

But for now, its nice that were just joking around and not resolving matters with anarchy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Aruba Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #23908
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts

a glimpse into the future
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 36Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

29. Post #23909
    October 2014
    422 Posts
    Alternatively, the Engie's a nice guy who is good with people and would rather Scout is not brutally beaten over bread.
    But would a nice guy in love with soldier not show it through acts of touching, he knows soldier can occasionally get violent, but knows just what to say to get him happy.

As can be seen engie is close to soldier, confirmed shipped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree x 11Funny x 2Dumb x 1Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #23910
    May 2014
    1,646 Posts
    But would a nice guy in love with soldier not show it through acts of touching, he knows soldier can occasionally get violent, but knows just what to say to get him happy.

Engie x Soldier OTP!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #23911
    Gold Member
    April 2014
    966 Posts
    -snip lovetriangle.jpg-

Or maybe he's into a threesome with a good old bratwurst and a all-american hotdog.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #23912
    Keep calm and JAG
    April 2009
    3,085 Posts
    Engie x Soldier OTP!
    Engineer is taken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

33. Post #23913
    June 2014
    194 Posts
    MUS: We create ships and headcanons!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mexico Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #23914
    Keep calm and JAG
    April 2009
    3,085 Posts
    MUS: We create ships and headcanons!

Kind of shocked the Lara Croft winners weren't announced.
    I mean, I realise these take time, especially when lawyers and intellectual properties are involved.

But you can only look at ten pairs of shirts for so long before picking one and calling it a day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11Winner Winner x 4Funny Funny x 3Zing Zing x 2 (list)

35. Post #23915
    October 2014
    422 Posts
    They've been at this for 7 years, sniper was just a one time thing that happened. Now Engie is with his one true love. There was little to no interaction with sniper and engie, and keep in mind sniper was playing the jazz at one stage, he is not over the time he spent with engie that one fateful day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #23916
    July 2011
    1,231 Posts
    It's 7:30 right now in Seattle. They've done updates/blogposts at 8, right?
    I wouldn't even be mad if there was no update. I just want to see if Valve will actually go against themselves when they clearly stated "We'll reveal the winners and runner-ups no later than December 2nd."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #23917
    August 2013
    9,713 Posts
    You'll be less dissapointed and get over it faster if you acknowledge it's not tonight.

Go play another game or watch a show, Sitting there refreshing their page does nothing but show you're willing to let them push the deadline
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #23918
    Gold Member
    June 2013
    1,245 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 35Funny Funny x 7Late Late x 1 (list)

39. Post #23919
    July 2011
    1,231 Posts
    You'll be less dissapointed and get over it faster if you acknowledge it's not tonight.

Go play another game or watch a show, Sitting there refreshing their page does nothing but show you're willing to let them push the deadline
    What makes you assume I'm sitting here F5'ing? All I want is for them to not deliberately lie. Is that too much to ask?

inb4
    Agree x (list)

(User was banned for this post ("Meme reply" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb x 5Artistic x 1Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Late x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #23920
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,479 Posts
    Congrats colteh!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 25Winner Winner x 5Late Late x 1 (list)