1. Post #641

May 2014
    165 Posts
    I'm working on a way for clients to interact with other clients through Lua.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Lua King Lua King x 12Informative Informative x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #642
    I'm living in the Best Korea. 사랑해요 김치맨!
    December 2008
    2,366 Posts
    Ugly tooltip but better than nothing.

Edited:

crate woops
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #643
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    821 Posts
    Working on this (again..)

I am loading quake map files straight from the compiled bsp. This time instead of static vertex lighting, I can use LightmappedGeneric thanks to _Kilburn!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Hungary Show Events Winner Winner x 19Friendly Friendly x 2Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

4. Post #644
    Dennab
    June 2013
    2,037 Posts
    There's only one other Cops 'n Robbers gamemode on Garry's Mod.
    Monopoly: "exclusive control of a commodity or service in a particular market, or a control that makes possible the manipulation of prices."

Their gamemode is based on DarkRP...
    This reminded me how there is only one monopolies commission
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #645
    Don't PM me about moderation - PM any of the mods.
    May 2008
    15,868 Posts
    A little late to the party, but:

I'd advice anyone who is banned from Facepunch not to report anything on Steam, because you'll not be able to provide a valid report reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 22Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #646

December 2013
    1,797 Posts
    I've been working a bit on a workshop addon list, to let users know which addons they have and which they need to download. Here's a small picture of the UI:

Please let me know if there's anything I need to work on ( other than actually making it work and finishing up the display ) and tell me what you like / don't like about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

7. Post #647
    May 2008
    15,868 Posts
    Make it bigger vertically for one. Don't dim the icons red or green. Option to hide installed addons.

Edited:

Oh, and perhaps "Open in workshop" button.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

8. Post #648
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,827 Posts
    A little late to the party, but:

I'd advice anyone who is banned from Facepunch not to report anything on Steam, because you'll not be able to provide a valid report reason.
    Never understood why he feels the need to bash NextBot so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

9. Post #649
    Touhou Enthusiast
    January 2011
    1,123 Posts
    First time I use panel animations, and this is how it goes..
    (I plan to add third-person previewing, and maybe previewing options on the left)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Lua King Lua King x 2Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #650
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,827 Posts
    I've been working a bit on a workshop addon list, to let users know which addons they have and which they need to download. Here's a small picture of the UI:

Please let me know if there's anything I need to work on ( other than actually making it work and finishing up the display ) and tell me what you like / don't like about it.
    I like the hilighting red and green, but exclude the picture from this highlight, please.
    Also, I know you're probably planning on adding some kind of info to the right of each DImage, but yeah, that dead space needs some filling.

Seems like a useful idea overall, will this be public or are you making this for your server?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #651
    stop post
    January 2012
    1,561 Posts
    First time I use panel animations, and this is how it goes..
    (I plan to add third-person previewing, and maybe previewing options on the left)
    They're nice, but perhaps they should be faster?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #652
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,827 Posts
    They're nice, but perhaps they should be faster?
    I dunno, I kind of like the speed they're at right now tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

13. Post #653
    stop post
    January 2012
    1,561 Posts
    I dunno, I kind of like the speed they're at right now tbh
    Not hugely fast, just a bit faster than the current speed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

14. Post #654

December 2013
    1,797 Posts
    I like the hilighting red and green, but exclude the picture from this highlight, please.
    Also, I know you're probably planning on adding some kind of info to the right of each DImage, but yeah, that dead space needs some filling.

Seems like a useful idea overall, will this be public or are you making this for your server?
    Not sure, probably gonna make this public.

A bit glitchy ( the DCheckBox is a bit glitchy ), but here it is:

I'll probably release tomorrow, because I could do with some rest atm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

15. Post #655
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    December 2006
    20,944 Posts

partly related to gmod
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

16. Post #656
    A living example of an OCD programmer
    June 2009
    6,384 Posts

partly related to gmod
    Terrific.
    Are you working on a custom gamemode or using DRP as a base?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #657
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    December 2006
    20,944 Posts
    Terrific.
    Are you working on a custom gamemode or using DRP as a base?
    darkrp, and all my custom shit in an addon

vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #658
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,828 Posts

vv
    That's freaking cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #659
    I'm living in the Best Korea. 사랑해요 김치맨!
    December 2008
    2,366 Posts
    vv
    That means you can switch your things over to other gamemode easliy.
    neat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events

20. Post #660
    May 2008
    15,868 Posts
    That means you can switch your things over to other gamemode easliy.
    neat
    Not as easily as you'd think since it uses DarkRP functions and stuff, but still somewhat easier I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #661
    JamieH is a retarded bitch <3
    July 2008
    2,568 Posts
    Not as easily as you'd think since it uses DarkRP functions and stuff, but still somewhat easier I guess.
    Yea those functions do piss me off, but I did once remake my DarkRP edits as an addon and it did suprise me how much I could get done.

I wish wiremod would let you edit things more externally, editing native E2 functions from an external addon is so damned tedious and not update friendly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #662
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    December 2006
    20,944 Posts
    Yeah, it's extremely dependant on darkrp, especially the apartment system of course.

more useless statistics

and ads
    but i should probably stop posting, not really gmod related really
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #663
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,358 Posts
    My scoreboard

Not Lua yet though, will report back when I've done that :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

24. Post #664
    March 2011
    1,089 Posts
    ChicLeets!

TO EVERYONE: Sorry for causing a stir, I didn't intend for these problems, I was quite out of my head while writing because of things going on in my life. So I am sorry everybody, I hope you guys don't hate me too much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #665
    Touhou Enthusiast
    January 2011
    1,123 Posts
    Just added some more animations, real time previewing..
    (video quality got worse at the end for some reason)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Winner Winner x 4Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

26. Post #666
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,358 Posts
    My scoreboard

Not Lua yet though, will report back when I've done that :)
    Aaaaand done!

Might add a "header" row to add "R, Name, K, D" as some sort of legend.
    However, I'm not able to scroll. I'm using "DScrollPanel", just like the base gamemode does.

It's inspired by Battlefield, using "Flat UI Colors".

edit:
    can scroll now, didn't focus the panels...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

27. Post #667
    April 2012
    263 Posts
    scoreboard
    Yeah, very nice. I like it, but i don't like that scroll bar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #668

May 2014
    3 Posts

Sorry, I just...
    Am I missing a joke?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Late Late x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #669
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,358 Posts
    Yeah, very nice. I like it, but i don't like that scroll bar.
    Yeah, I agree. I'm not really sure how easy it is to customize it though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

30. Post #670
    tired of being tired
    August 2012
    890 Posts
    DPanelList.VBar.Paint should work I believe, if I'm recalling that correctly..
    If not you can just get the children of the VGUI element with the function and paint those.
    http://wiki.garrysmod.com/page/Panel/GetChildren
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

31. Post #671
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,571 Posts
    with minecraft on hiatus I've been playing dark souls, but I finally took a break and decided to revisit something I started a little while ago

;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #672
    Ott
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,620 Posts
    ChicLeets!

TO EVERYONE: Sorry for causing a stir, I didn't intend for these problems, I was quite out of my head while writing because of things going on in my life. So I am sorry everybody, I hope you guys don't hate me too much.
    I don't like your use of custom thumbnails.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #673
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,626 Posts
    I wish wiremod would let you edit things more externally, editing native E2 functions from an external addon is so damned tedious and not update friendly.
    You're not supposed to edit native E2 functions because that (potentially - depending on how much you edit them) breaks everyone's old E2s who play on your server. And confuses new users.

Adding your own custom E2 functions is easy, so you can do that instead.

If you want to edit native E2 functions because there's something wrong with them, post a pull request.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #674
    April 2012
    263 Posts
    Found this in my old VGUI.
    dPanelList.VBar.Paint = function()
        surface.SetDrawColor(70,70,70)
        surface.DrawRect(0,0,dPanelList.VBar:GetWide(),dPanelList.VBar:GetTall())
    end
    dPanelList.VBar.btnGrip.Paint = function() 
        surface.SetDrawColor(223,126,21)
        surface.DrawRect(0,0,dPanelList.VBar.btnGrip:GetWide(),dPanelList.VBar.btnGrip:GetTall())
    end
    dPanelList.VBar.btnUp.Paint = function() 
        draw.RoundedBox( 4, 0,0,dPanelList.VBar.btnUp:GetWide(),dPanelList.VBar.btnUp:GetTall(), Color( 223,126,21,200 ) )
    end
    dPanelList.VBar.btnDown.Paint = function() 
        draw.RoundedBox( 4, 0,0,dPanelList.VBar.btnDown:GetWide(),dPanelList.VBar.btnDown:GetTall(), Color( 223,126,21,200 ) )
    end

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #675
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,358 Posts
    Found this in my old VGUI.
    dPanelList.VBar.Paint = function()
        surface.SetDrawColor(70,70,70)
        surface.DrawRect(0,0,dPanelList.VBar:GetWide(),dPanelList.VBar:GetTall())
    end
    dPanelList.VBar.btnGrip.Paint = function() 
        surface.SetDrawColor(223,126,21)
        surface.DrawRect(0,0,dPanelList.VBar.btnGrip:GetWide(),dPanelList.VBar.btnGrip:GetTall())
    end
    dPanelList.VBar.btnUp.Paint = function() 
        draw.RoundedBox( 4, 0,0,dPanelList.VBar.btnUp:GetWide(),dPanelList.VBar.btnUp:GetTall(), Color( 223,126,21,200 ) )
    end
    dPanelList.VBar.btnDown.Paint = function() 
        draw.RoundedBox( 4, 0,0,dPanelList.VBar.btnDown:GetWide(),dPanelList.VBar.btnDown:GetTall(), Color( 223,126,21,200 ) )
    end

Could you please link me to some resources what all the possible settings and such? I'm new to vgui and I had no clue I could access the VBar. Am I able to disable the btnDown and btnUp, and extend the length of the scrollbar to match the height it'd have WITH the 2 buttons? If not, I think I have to create my own scrollbar, correct?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #676
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    10,328 Posts
    Could you please link me to some resources what all the possible settings and such? I'm new to vgui and I had no clue I could access the VBar. Am I able to disable the btnDown and btnUp, and extend the length of the scrollbar to match the height it'd have WITH the 2 buttons? If not, I think I have to create my own scrollbar, correct?
    https://github.com/garrynewman/garry...dpanellist.lua
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #677
    JamieH is a retarded bitch <3
    July 2008
    2,568 Posts
    You're not supposed to edit native E2 functions because that (potentially - depending on how much you edit them) breaks everyone's old E2s who play on your server. And confuses new users.

Adding your own custom E2 functions is easy, so you can do that instead.

If you want to edit native E2 functions because there's something wrong with them, post a pull request.
    Oh god no, nothing wrong with them.

Might do a pull request with a blacklist feature maybe?

I honestly hate using E2 on RP servers, but sadly I let my servers run wild and they're more of a mass build/e2 whore RP fest than true RP. But some features for E2 need restricting in order to keep it in check etc.

Just personal preference for my gamemode really, I mean you can edit the gate functions externally so would just be nice if I could do the same for E2. And yes, I know you can add custom E2 functions as we have, and have had for many years now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #678
    March 2011
    1,089 Posts
    I don't like your use of custom thumbnails.
    I know the thumbnail is bad because I made it in less than 10 mins. But recently I got photoshop, so I will end up remaking my garrysmod thumbnails.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #679
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,626 Posts
    Do any of you remember "don"? It's a table->string encoder I posted in WAYWO a while back. Today, I decided to rewrite it almost from scratch, by request from a guy on my friends list who wanted to use it. It's now more awesome than ever.

Download:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...7/lua/don2.lua

Features:
    * Can automatically detect multiple references to the same table, and will define said tables at the top of the file.
    * Handles reference loops
    * Can encode functions (it's a bit messy and more of a hack. Encoding functions is disabled by default)
    * decoding is as easy as RunStringing the string because it outputs executable Lua code.

Note:
    * I made this outside gmod, so don.decode uses a plain Lua method of executing strings, and not RunString.
    * Don't use this on strings you receive from the client without sandboxing your RunString, or they can take over the server.

Here's some example inputs and outputs:

Input 1 (multiple references)
    Code:
    local t2 = {1,2,3,4,5}

local main = {
        ["one reference"] = {
            "hello", "world",
            ["three references"] = t2
        },
        ["three references a"] = t2,
        ["three references b"] = t2
    }

print(don.encode( main ))
    Output 1
    Code:
    local table1 = {
    }

local main = {
     ["three references a"] = table1,
     ["three references b"] = table1,
     ["one reference"] = {
       [1] = "hello",
       [2] = "world",
       ["three references"] = table1,
     },
    }

return main
    Input 2 (function encoding)
    Code:
    local main = {
    	["table ception"] = {
    		{
    			{
    				{
    					["function encoding for the lolz"] = PrintTable
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}
    }

print(don.encode( main, true ))
    Output 2
    Code:
    local main = {
     ["table ception"] = {
       {
         {
           {
             ["function encoding for the lolz"] = function( t, indent, done )

done = done or {}
    	indent = indent or 0

for key, value in pairs (t) do

if  ( type(value) == "table" and not done[value] ) then

done [value] = true
    			print( string.rep ("\t", indent) .. tostring(key) .. ":" );
    			PrintTable (value, indent + 2, done)

else

print( string.rep ("\t", indent) .. tostring (key) .. "\t=\t" .. tostring(value) )

end

end

end,
           },
         },
       },
     },
    }

return main
    Input 3 (Loops)
    Code:
    local t2 = {}
    local main = {
    	t2
    }
    t2[1] = main

print(don.encode( main ))
    Output 3
    Code:
    local table1 = {

}

local main = {
     table1,
    }

table1[1] = main

return main
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Lua King Lua King x 3Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

40. Post #680
    Ott
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    6,620 Posts
    Just use YouTube's thumbnails. Using custom ones ruins the "authenticity" of a WAYWO post. The repetitive thumbnails make it seem like you're making a series. A series of videos that most likely nobody but WAYWO will care about.

You're overdoing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree x 19Disagree x 1Funny x 1Winner x 1Zing x 1 (list)