1. Post #1
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,819 Posts
    Hello again, I'm running an RP with Mr. Face. This time it's one set in the 2040s, largely because of interest in something we haven't done before and a way for me to feel good about my own biased view of geopolitics.

To any newcomers, welcome! Ask other players or myself (add me or Mr. Face on steam if needs be) about setting up your country and playing.

(The map)
    Lore: http://pastebin.com/S1VJWrT3
    The game begins in the year 2044. Each turn will initially be 3 months.

RULES:

1. Send in a PM to Sobotnik and Mr. Face, with the following title: ‘Countryname: Turn X’
    2. DON'T write turnsheets that are too long. It may be tempting, but unless I can copypaste it in, turns take longer.
    3. DO write up to 15 lines (of commands) in your turn. (No more than 15. I encourage you to use maps and diagrams and links if you really want to tell more. Technology, copypaste, links, etc does not count towards the limit).
    4. The PM you send will take the following form for the first turn:

Flag: (image is 250x150 pixels)
    Country name:
    (above is no longer required after first turn)

You must also send in your commands:

Technology: Choose from 3 technologies around at this time. Less developed countries understandably have to choose from lower down. Takes as much as a year for a tech to be developed.
    Military-Development: Basically the introduction of new reforms, equipment, strategic planning, standard battle plans, and other long-term developments. Covers logistics, conscription and training as well. This covers military actions that may require more than a turn to become fully effective.
    Military-Commands: Tactical manoeuvres, campaigns, advances and retreats, emergency measures, and short term solutions and fixes. This covers the conduct of war itself, and anything which can be done in the space of days and weeks as opposed to months or years.

Domestic affairs: Everything inside of your countries borders not related to the military. Economic policy, legislation, social policy, media, etc.
    Diplomacy/espionage: Self-explanatory.
    Copypaste: Type down here anything else you want me to include in the turn (basically lore, announcements, etc)
    Other notes:

Players who pick a European Union country will have their turns sent in their entirety to other European Union countries, with the exception of commands tagged [Secret] (they must be reasonable mind). A player may also play as the European Central Government itself, which has considerable power already, and is the only entity allowed to conduct diplomacy with non-Eu countries. EU members cannot conduct diplomacy except with internal members or a few special exceptions (Britain has the most autonomy). Military is also controlled by EU central government.

China and Russia consist of several substates or factions which have formed in the breakup of both countries. If successful, one could lead them to either reunify the country, or to declare themselves a separate entity and give up claims to the whole country.

South America and Africa have varying levels of political and economic integration much like in Europe, with little progress for a Pan-African Union, but South America is undergoing a new boom, in spite of the rescue of several countries ruined by years of mismanagement (such as Cuba and Venezuela).

Game nights

Basically whenever people are up for it, we could organize a multiplayer game of some kind and have some fun. Paradox interactive games, total war, minecraft, gmod, team fortress 2, w/e.

-----

Playerlist:

-

Turns:

1: 2044 – January to March:
    2: 2044 – April to June:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,376 Posts
    Let's get this shit poppin' ya'll

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    8,758 Posts
    I'm calling Manchuria, in all honesty I want someone to be Sinkiang.

4. Post #4
    July 2012
    36 Posts
    Might join as Burma/Myanmar.

5. Post #5
    July 2008
    1,275 Posts
    Hello Russia, we meet again.

6. Post #6
    September 2013
    52 Posts
    Brazil Hue hue hue hue hue

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    8,758 Posts
    Everyone outta the goddamn way Manchuria incoming!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    December 2005
    1,062 Posts
    Japan

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    8,758 Posts
    Japan
    ohfuckshitshitshit

I swear to christ if you try to pull any Second-Sino shit it'll be like you are sitting on a throne of bayonets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    December 2005
    1,062 Posts
    snip

11. Post #11
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    The Republic shall rise!! death to the communists!!

12. Post #12
    September 2013
    52 Posts

13. Post #13
    December 2005
    1,062 Posts

since we're posting themes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    CRAP AT GEOGRAPHY
    June 2005
    6,078 Posts
    I will take the European Central Government and have it based in glorious Deutschland

15. Post #15
    Dennab
    September 2009
    2,764 Posts

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    8,758 Posts
    Can I get a list of the new Russian countries?

17. Post #17
    July 2008
    1,275 Posts
    Just pick any rebellious color, the difference will likely be minor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    September 2009
    2,764 Posts
    I've decided that for this game my aim will be to make the entirety of Africa as prosperous as western nations.

You can support the African Union in this regard by sending development aid, but please don't send money because that won't help developing countries in Africa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,819 Posts
    I'm gonna contact face 2nite to see if we can get this show on the road.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    July 2008
    1,275 Posts
    I've decided that for this game my aim will be to make the entirety of Africa as prosperous as western nations.

You can support the African Union in this regard by sending development aid, but please don't send money because that won't help developing countries in Africa.
    I'm gonna put you into debt and you're going to do nothing about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    CRAP AT GEOGRAPHY
    June 2005
    6,078 Posts
    Ja ja, Germoney will also cripple you with the debtings

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,647 Posts
    Germany can I have money to fuel my war?

23. Post #23
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    welp Im not playing as The republican chinese, Ive moved on to India

24. Post #24
    December 2013
    421 Posts

Claiming squatting master race.(Caucasus)

25. Post #25
    Dennab
    September 2009
    2,764 Posts
    I'm gonna put you into debt and you're going to do nothing about it.
    Are you going to stop German development aid to Africa?

26. Post #26
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    Are you going to stop German development aid to Africa?
    dont worry the Indians wilk send aid to our brothers in the indian sea

27. Post #27
    Dennab
    July 2013
    1,996 Posts
    Is it possible to play as a 2044 Nazi Germany?

Edit: just read the OP, so I don't think I can.

28. Post #28
    July 2008
    1,275 Posts

Do it anyways you puss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    Dennab
    September 2009
    2,764 Posts
    dont worry the Indians wilk send aid to our brothers in the indian sea
    The Indians are truly a people of heart. Thank you for your generous offer of development aid.

30. Post #30
    December 2005
    1,062 Posts
    The Indians are truly a people of heart. Thank you for your generous offer of development aid.
    japanese are also people of heart

right?

31. Post #31
    CRAP AT GEOGRAPHY
    June 2005
    6,078 Posts
    Do it anyways you puss.

I'm germany you prats

32. Post #32
    December 2005
    1,062 Posts
    I will take the European Central Government and have it based in glorious Deutschland
    Edited:

thats not germany

33. Post #33
    CRAP AT GEOGRAPHY
    June 2005
    6,078 Posts
    Edited:

thats not germany
    Actually, it is. Sobotnik said if I play as the EUCG and base it in Germany I get control of both

34. Post #34
    December 2005
    1,062 Posts
    well i would argue over this if someone wanted to be germany, but im not considering its not my regional problem over there and i have a final to do

35. Post #35
    CRAP AT GEOGRAPHY
    June 2005
    6,078 Posts
    I don't see how it's a problem. The EUCG is not a country it's a socioeconomic confederation. I must control an actual country in which to base the chair.

36. Post #36
    Dennab
    July 2013
    1,996 Posts
    I'm germany you prats
    You...goddamn it. I WANT MY NAZI GERMANY!

37. Post #37
    December 2005
    1,062 Posts
    You...goddamn it. I WANT MY NAZI GERMANY!
    accept mein freunde request on steam yo

38. Post #38
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    I don't see how it's a problem. The EUCG is not a country it's a socioeconomic confederation. I must control an actual country in which to base the chair.
    Have it based out of Zurich or Bern in switzerland, You have Europe under lock and key anyways

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,647 Posts
    Telepethi be Germany, so you can loan my country money for my wars. I swear I'll pay you back.

40. Post #40
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    Telepethi be Germany, so you can loan my country money for my wars. I swear I'll pay you back.
    what country are you again?