1. Post #4361
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    6,347 Posts
    Decided to do a quick experiment to see if using the SFM player models to replace the first person models would work. Just to keep things more consistent between the third and first person models, but mainly because of beautiful gorgeous-looking fingertips.

I'd actually like to see the opposite attempted; seeing the first person arms stitched onto the player models.

I'm not sure if it would look good at all but it'd be interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #4362
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    2,115 Posts
    I'd actually like to see the opposite attempted; seeing the first person arms stitched onto the player models.

Probably would look something along the lines of this.

Without the garbled mess for arms of course, but it certainly looks odd either way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #4363
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,926 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 23 (list)

4. Post #4364
    January 2013
    1,163 Posts
    Decided to do a quick experiment to see if using the SFM player models to replace the first person models would work. Just to keep things more consistent between the third and first person models, but mainly because of beautiful gorgeous-looking fingertips.

There was a mod being developed for that except all 9 classes, but we all kinda just forgot about it, the hwm hands are delicious and fit the player models so much more nicely
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #4365
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    10,274 Posts
    the hwm hands are delicious and fit the player models so much more nicely
    I just wish that items that covered hands would fit them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

6. Post #4366

July 2013
    1,671 Posts
    is there a way to do fps view in hlmv?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #4367
    August 2011
    1,073 Posts
    A sort of tank helmet. Still needs a ton of work. x.x

Based on this, sort of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

8. Post #4368
    Gold Member

September 2009
    3,284 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 26Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

9. Post #4369
    It's not gay unless balls are touching
    February 2013
    2,299 Posts
    Hey again y'all, while my soda bottles have some promos being done (I know they're not amazing, but you gotta finish stuff) I started a small side project, which I feel is turning out pleasantly:

I always felt like people should do more with the Pyro's pocket, so I did something simple with it. The hat wearing man is just a placeholder until whenever, and the band is paintable (it looks exactly like you'd expect). The problem is the pocket in general is kinda obscured by the Pyro's animations, but nothing on the pocket should really be the star of the show of your outfit anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #4370
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    2,115 Posts

I always felt like people should do more with the Pyro's pocket, so I did something simple with it. The hat wearing man is just a placeholder until whenever, and the band is paintable (it looks exactly like you'd expect). The problem is the pocket in general is kinda obscured by the Pyro's animations, but nothing on the pocket should really be the star of the show of your outfit anyway.
    Reposition the magazine to the opposite side of the pouch so it stays away from the Pyro's center, where it's mostly obscured by the Pyro's Flamethrower and melees.

Also keep the hat wearing man, it's a neat touch, or make it decalable for some creativity to take place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #4371
    February 2013
    2,299 Posts
    Reposition the magazine to the opposite side of the pouch so it stays away from the Pyro's center, where it's mostly obscured by the Pyro's Flamethrower and melees.

Also keep the hat wearing man, it's a neat touch, or make it decalable for some creativity to take place.
    I had it on that side originally, but it either clipped all the time when the pyro walked, or was annoyingly small. I could probably try and fit it there still though, I just figured it was easier to move it to the other side.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #4372
    June 2014
    15 Posts
    Anyone know how to fix it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #4373
    June 2014
    108 Posts
    Ask Valve? The shotgun's c_models are always like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #4374
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    2,115 Posts
    Additionally you could make it look like that magazine Pyro's always trying to burn.

Maybe include a lighter too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #4375
    January 2012
    360 Posts
    Hey again y'all, while my soda bottles have some promos being done (I know they're not amazing, but you gotta finish stuff) I started a small side project, which I feel is turning out pleasantly:

I agree, the magazine should be on the opposite side of the pocket, and make it bigger.
    And also you should make the blue strap smaller and maybe make it the same color as the pocket.

There was a mod being developed for that except all 9 classes, but we all kinda just forgot about it, the hwm hands are delicious and fit the player models so much more nicely
    Can we get a link?

Why's the messenger bag strap go under the tie?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #4376
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,926 Posts
    Judging from a few pixels I'm guessing you're using the TIP models? If not some sort of old shotgun mod since they changed what bone the shell is rigged to so any outdated mod ends up with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

17. Post #4377
    Gold Member

September 2009
    3,284 Posts
    I agree, the magazine should be on the opposite side of the pocket, and make it bigger.
    And also you should make the blue strap smaller and maybe make it the same color as the pocket.

Can we get a link?

Why's the messenger bag strap go under the tie?
    he put the tie on after he put the bag because he was in a hurry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

18. Post #4378
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,620 Posts
    is there a way to do fps view in hlmv?

Is that what you're meaning?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

19. Post #4379
    Gold Member
    January 2013
    1,584 Posts
    Had a go at compiling those animations I posted here recently, and they look way better than the renders:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #4380
    February 2013
    2,299 Posts

I've repositioned it anyway (and recoloured so it blends more with the pocket), and this is the best I can do without major clipping (there's pretty much some no matter where I put it though, which is sad).

Additionally you could make it look like that magazine Pyro's always trying to burn.

I'd absolutely love to do that, although I'm not too bothered about what texture the magazine is yet (the green features would certainly make it better on the blue team too).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #4381
    January 2012
    1,779 Posts

i like to think engineer gave pyro a fireproof magazine to keep him occupied
    that's adorable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 24Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #4382
    March 2014
    5,057 Posts
    I approve of these time splitters 3 based cosmetics.

Now all we need is the moosehead for the pyro from the haunted mansion, the vest of Cortez for the heavy, and the assassins hood for the sniper and I'll never change that loadout again.
    I plan on making one cosmetic based on each character from TS3, so look out in the future.

Edited:

so, not a single one of us here is a lawyer who has what it takes to take them to court to stop them once and for all? i'm sure the uploading-your-stuff-on-their-site-to-grant-themselves-any-right wouldn't fly since the uploader obviously didn't create it. the key is to upload to another site earlier so you have proof on your part.

my grandfather is a lawyer. I could talk to him about this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

23. Post #4383
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,657 Posts
    Friend and I are going to do this soonish:

Old Man Degroot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

24. Post #4384
    March 2014
    5,057 Posts
    I'm looking at this jacket here, and I keep thinking that this would be better suited for winter.
    I also feel I've jumped ahead of myself. I havent done shirts like this before or much of anything close.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

25. Post #4385

July 2013
    1,671 Posts

Is that what you're meaning?
    yeah, that's the one. what models do i load to imitate the ones in-game? it's for a c_model flare gun, and i'd like some more variety in lighting than the itemtest map.

edit nevermind, found it. it's just in the c_models folder and named c_pyro_arms. thanks for the heads up again.

you guys aren't going to like where google showed me the answer.

my grandfather is a lawyer. I could talk to him about this.
    nice. i was thinking, do you guys think we can all try getting our lawyer friends/classmates hooked on making workshop items? because then it would only be a matter of time until their own items are redistributed. at that point they would have personal investments to do something about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #4386
    January 2012
    450 Posts

Please do all 9 classes, the other guy that was doing his sorta left.

Edit: Also sorry to bring up something so old but has all the problems on the sfm model replacements been fixed i.e. smoothing and missing collar for the sniper zombie?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

27. Post #4387
    TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian
    Dennab
    December 2012
    1,788 Posts
    Screenshot it, I can't view it. I tried on my phone (which is not IP banned) but only you and the admins can view that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #4388
    March 2014
    5,057 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 29Funny x 4Artistic x 1Late x 1Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #4389
    October 2012
    755 Posts
    I cannot stop watching this video and I don't know why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 8 (list)

30. Post #4390
    TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian
    Dennab
    December 2012
    1,788 Posts
    So I saw the videos of those Dance Fortress taunts that one dude made for Valve which ended in the deal falling through because he wouldn't make the changes Valve had requested....

...and I gotta say I think he was completely wrong in "sticking to his guns" on that and not making the requested changes.

Something about those taunt animations just seems.....off....and I honestly don't see them fitting into TF2 very well unless serious modifications were made to them, such as lowering the god damn speed of them (they seem way too fucking fast as is).

So congrats to that guy for losing out on a potential fuck-ton of Mann Co Store money from people buying his taunts, and all because he wouldn't follow up with Valve's requests.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 29Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #4391

July 2013
    1,671 Posts
    So I saw the videos of those Dance Fortress taunts that one dude made for Valve which ended in the deal falling through because he wouldn't make the changes Valve had requested....

...and I gotta say I think he was completely wrong in "sticking to his guns" on that and not making the requested changes.

Something about those taunt animations just seems.....off....and I honestly don't see them fitting into TF2 very well unless serious modifications were made to them, such as lowering the god damn speed of them (they seem way too fucking fast as is).

So congrats to that guy for losing out on a potential fuck-ton of Mann Co Store money from people buying his taunts, and all because he wouldn't follow up with Valve's requests.
    well, that's $5 he didn't get from me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #4392
    March 2014
    5,057 Posts

these?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

33. Post #4393
    July 2013
    200 Posts
    Is there any way to decompile and compile a model without screw up the animations?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Mexico Show Events

34. Post #4394
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    10,639 Posts

I would have hated to see them in game to be completely honest.

Great animations, by they're not tf2. Hell, even some of the new taunts just barely fit and they were made by valve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

35. Post #4395
    Gold Member
    January 2013
    1,584 Posts
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm liking it. MONSTERS OF SCIENCE

Again, uses the original class's model and bones. I should be able to fix the arms/feet without a hassle, but I'm not really planning to do so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

36. Post #4396
    August 2013
    9,711 Posts

It was silly to let artistic integrity stop you from toning down dance animations but i respect his right to, so long as he's contempt with not getting them ingame, since it is his choice, and it is valves game, so they have every right to not want taunts that seem very out of character/too alive for the game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

37. Post #4397

July 2013
    1,671 Posts
    Is there any way to decompile and compile a model without screw up the animations?
    i thought crowbar was updated to do exactly that.

otherwise you could direct your qc to use undecompiled anims. that's how i got my v model working for the arms race.

i think this is the method i followed http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=3002103
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

38. Post #4398
    June 2014
    15 Posts
    Judging from a few pixels I'm guessing you're using the TIP models? If not some sort of old shotgun mod since they changed what bone the shell is rigged to so any outdated mod ends up with that.
    I'm using the TIP and your HQ W models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

39. Post #4399
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    1,948 Posts
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm liking it. MONSTERS OF SCIENCE

Again, uses the original class's model and bones. I should be able to fix the arms/feet without a hassle, but I'm not really planning to do so.
    the song sounds very familiar, what is it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #4400
    :thinking:
    March 2010
    11,275 Posts
    Here, have a concept that's probably been done more times than a chick on the Red Light District. I present to you, Slav Slacks

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Latvia Show Events Artistic x 4Optimistic x 2Late x 1Disagree x 1Dumb x 1 (list)