1. Post #1

HIGH POINT, N.C. — Investigators believe a driver was posting to Facebook seconds before she crashed and died.
    The wreck happened Thursday morning on Business 85 in High Point. Investigators say 32-year-old Courtney Ann Sanford crossed the median and crashed head-on into
    a truck.
    Later on Thursday, investigators say some of Sanford’s friends and family told them about a Facebook post that Sanford made around the same time as the crash. Investigators discovered the Facebook post was made seconds before the deadly crash.

“The Facebook text happened at 8:33 a.m. We got the call on the wreck at 8:34 a.m.,” explains Lt. Chris Weisner, with the High Point Police Department.
    Investigators say Sanford’s Facebook post read: “The happy song makes me HAPPY.”
    “In a matter of seconds, a life was over just so she could notify some friends that she was happy,” says Weisner.
    As investigators were tracing back Sanford’s online activity, they discovered she was also posting selfies as she drove down the road.
    Sanford was letting her friends know how happy she was at that moment, and sadly that moment was one of her last.
    “As sad as it is, it is a grim reminder for everyone… you just have to pay attention while you are in the car,” reminds Weisner.
    The collision caused the truck to run off the road and hit a tree, police said. Sanford’s car also went off the road and caught fire.
    http://myfox8.com/2014/04/25/woman-p...ness-85-crash/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny x 95Friendly x 56Starred x 4Dumb x 2Zing x 2Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    April 2011
    411 Posts
    At least she died happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing x 95Friendly x 16Funny x 8Artistic x 2Starred x 1Agree x 1Useful x 1Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    25,211 Posts
    Well that's why you don't text and drive. Some people will never learn this lesson until they experience it for themselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 112Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    29,327 Posts
    This is sad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree x 32Disagree x 27Informative x 2Funny x 1Zing x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,959 Posts
    She could have killed innocent people with her recklesness, this is why you should pay attention to the road.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 69 (list)

6. Post #6
    Wow!👏Great moves! 👍Keep it up!😁
    February 2006
    46,082 Posts
    Well that's why you don't text and drive. Some people will never learn this lesson until they experience it for themselves.
    they'll never learn because most likely they'll end up dying

really you should just know to not text and drive.

there are many things in life you shouldn't be told not to do, like petting scorpions, or texting and driving, or eating nails, or standing really cose to a traintrack/metro train, or playing with fire

Sadly people are stupid and have to crash into another car to give a shit, and even fewer people will actually do it again, and then die or kill someone else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    746 Posts
    The phone probably had nothing to do with it, she probably tried to clap along
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 111Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    19,986 Posts
    Please don't clap along while driving.

Edited:

You've made a powerful enemy today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 148Starred x 2Late x 2Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,781 Posts
    What a dumb bitch. My condolences go out to her family and friends, but not the dipshit herself. Put the fucking phone down.

At least her stupidity didn't take another life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,950 Posts
    You think we'd all have figured out by now that using your phone while driving isn't a very smart move but NOOOO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Chase827's Bitch
    January 2012
    4,277 Posts
    no one dies to this song:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 8Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    25,211 Posts
    they'll never learn because most likely they'll end up dying
    I'm waiting for the day where I see in the news about the guy who text and drove, crashed, went to the hospital, then was released and died on the way home by texting and driving.

You know it's only a matter of time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 35Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Chase827's Bitch
    January 2012
    4,277 Posts
    that song is so fucking annoying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 46Disagree Disagree x 29Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    9,032 Posts
    You think we'd all have figured out by now that using your phone while driving isn't a very smart move but NOOOO.
    You'd think, but so long as people keep thinking "Well it will never happen to me, I'm a good driver." then this is going to keep going on. It's just arrogance, pure and simple. People forget that they're hurtling down the road in a literal ton of metal, plastic, and glass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    January 2009
    707 Posts
    It's just arrogance, pure and simple. People forget that they're hurtling down the road in a literal ton of metal, plastic, and glass.
    You know, I always thought that it was "hurdling", and always pictured in my head when people said that of like a car jumping hurdles on the road.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    8,408 Posts
    just like opinions; but don't we all learn to deal with those as well?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb x 3Useful x 2Zing x 1Agree x 1Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    3,284 Posts
    I thought so at first, but it kind of grew on me.

It's nice, fun little song. And that's saying a lot because I'm not too huge a fan of pop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,044 Posts
    It's a shame someone had to die to this song.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

19. Post #19
    February 2012
    840 Posts
    Natural selection at work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 6Starred Starred x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,218 Posts
    Now, all that picture will be is one of those LMAO dark humor joke pictures.

21. Post #21
    Not actually a glitch
    May 2005
    6,798 Posts
    Texting and driving is stupid and actually more dangeroud than driving drunk.

When you're drunk at least you're looking at the road.

I actually have a huge fear of being killed by drunk drivers or texters, so it REALLY pisses me off when people do it. Like I will bitch them the fuck out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    July 2013
    74 Posts
    i wonder what went through her mind that made her think it was a happy idea to use her phone while driving

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,616 Posts
    i wonder what went through her mind that made her think it was a happy idea to use her phone while driving
    Same as usual. People who think that crashes only happen to bad drivers and that they can totally pay attention to the road and their phone at the same time.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    1,181 Posts
    While shes a total dumbass it still sucks she died
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Blue Member
    October 2006
    7,010 Posts
    You know, I always thought that it was "hurdling", and always pictured in my head when people said that of like a car jumping hurdles on the road.
    I thought it was 'hurling', as in, 'I hurled a rock at that idiot'.

26. Post #26

February 2014
    623 Posts
    Texting and driving is stupid and actually more dangeroud than driving drunk.

When you're drunk at least you're looking at the road.

I actually have a huge fear of being killed by drunk drivers or texters, so it REALLY pisses me off when people do it. Like I will bitch them the fuck out.
    I'm too Ameripoor to afford a car, so I drive a scooter and FUUUUUUUUCK do I have this fear. I can't even count the times I've been run off the god damn road by texters, and I can only go 40 mph max so they all get away (unfortunately). I swear my death will be due to a dumbass like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

27. Post #27

October 2007
    21 Posts
    "I'm so happy!"
    >inb4carcrash

(User was permabanned for this post ("alt of perma'd user" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    15,492 Posts
    Honestly while she was dumb for making the mistake of texting and driving, it's a human life snuffed out because she wanted to tell people how happy she was.

that's literally the grimmest shit, and i feel bad for everyone involved. My condolences.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #29
    Well, she won't learn her lesson now; she's dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    My dick's so long, if I laid it on my keyboard, it'd reach from A to Z.
    March 2012
    1,695 Posts
    Would an open casket count as a "room without a roof?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Starred Starred x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    December 2011
    10 Posts
    I bet you are right. Trying to clap and drive got my friend into a wreck once but we were alright, he just hit the curb and messed up his tire.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    19,048 Posts
    nearly every time i've foolishly decided that i should be safe texting while driving (or felt that it was important that i reply) while not sitting at a red light, i've nearly gotten into an accident

stories like this make it even more real. i won't lie and say i never check my phone while driving, and maybe three to four times a year i'll actually send something, but having the close calls i've had and seeing stories like this really are terrifying

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    19,464 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    ASK ME ABOUT my critic fetish
    October 2013
    343 Posts
    Happy happy joy joy or I'm a psycho?

35. Post #35
    Wow!👏Great moves! 👍Keep it up!😁
    February 2006
    46,082 Posts
    I'm waiting for the day where I see in the news about the guy who text and drove, crashed, went to the hospital, then was released and died on the way home by texting and driving.

You know it's only a matter of time.
    bet you 5$ its happened already at least once

36. Post #36
    January 2010
    560 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Well, she won't learn her lesson now; she's dead.
    If people learn their lesson, they don't repeat their mistake.
    If people die, they don't repeat their mistake.
    Ergo, dying = learning their lesson.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    65,715 Posts
    do you think pharrell williams feels partly responsible

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,247 Posts
    do you think pharrell williams feels partly responsible
    Why would he
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #40
    I'm halving my usage of math each week.. but, apparently I'll never be able to quit.
    October 2009
    9,214 Posts
    I'm just picturing her hitting the truck in between one of the beats of the chorus now..