Well, it's a binary file, just use
    Code:
    sh BoxCopter.sh
    :P
    Code:
     ~/D/Linux> sh BoxCopter.sh 
    Error: Unable to access jarfile /home/shodan/Downloads/Linux/BoxCopter.sh
    : numeric argument required 0
    How about just giving us a jar. Because from what I can see it's just a jar encoded into a messy shell script which is silly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #1202
    April 2014
    433 Posts
    How about just giving us a jar. Because from what I can see it's just a jar encoded into a messy shell script which is silly.
    Okie.

I'll also hand over the source to everyone here
    Source
    Gimme 2 minutes to grab the jar and put it up.

Edit: Having minor difficulties installing java8 on my linux machine.
    Edit2: Here it is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #1203
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,333 Posts
    That feel when you optimize an interpreter so much the terminal can't keep up with the resource-heavy test apps.
       I'm soon getting 60fps before the xbox, suck it down microsoft   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

4. Post #1204
    Maybe there's a Ballmer peak for Marijuana.
    There is for me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #1205
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,259 Posts
    If I understood correctly, it looks for a certain pixel pattern in an image right? What can it be used for?
    Well, the first thing that comes to mind is text recognition in book scans, Google uses stuff like this for maps, recognizing licence plates, just about anything that involves "computer vision" in this sense.

In my case I use it for something entirely different. The idea is that for each pixel in an image, I'll look for matching pixels in a region around it. Of course, comparing two single pixels is meaningless in a statistical sense, so it actually compares blocks, and then the center pixels of these blocks are assumed to be similar if their respective blocks are similar too. This is all nice, but it won't work if two blocks are identical but rotated wrt. one another. So you either need a similarity measure that is rotationally invariant (which is almost non-existent), or you make the similarity measure rotationally invariant by making sure that before you compare two blocks, you are sure they are aligned. But if you account for that rotation, your algorithm becomes extremely slow and just useless for any reasonably sized image. Unless you implement it in CUDA, which can greatly accelerate element-wise algorithms, which is what I did.

With these matching pixels I will estimate the noise for every pixel and use that estimation to calculate a new pixel value (with fancy statistics), thus removing the noise. Roughly. If a photographer uses a longer exposure to average every pixel in time (thus increasing S/N ratio with time), then I use in a sense a single image to average it with itself by finding similar pixels in the image for every pixel in that image (clusterfuck). This is relevant for MRI, because acquiring a single image might take quite a while and if there's a child or a mouse in there, then they won't enjoy being in there for a long time and they'll start moving and blurring the image.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

6. Post #1206
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,032 Posts
    Back on my commercial contract again. Finally got the client to work without a hitch after fixing a bug in QJSONRPC. (well, sort of)

God, I hate database work.. so tedious and boring. But that was somewhat of a challenge.

It works like this: RPC calls are made to populate the item model, which is closely tied with the table view. The RPC calls are bridged over a SSL/TLS connection to a remote server, which maintains instances of QSqlRelationalTableModel internally, those are populated by a MYSQL connection to a SQL server.

The server also handles user credentials and permissions through the same RPC mechanism and the same database.

I'm just not giving you the full phone numbers you jerks   

Edited:

Oh fuck I forgot about my own phone number

Edited:

Problem solved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 3 (list)

7. Post #1207
    Gold Member

April 2011
    4,845 Posts
    Is that visual studio 05?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

8. Post #1208
    shrek yourself before you shrek yourself
    March 2012
    1,051 Posts
    Back on my commercial contract again. Finally got the client to work without a hitch after fixing a bug in QJSONRPC. (well, sort of)

God, I hate database work.. so tedious and boring. But that was somewhat of a challenge.

It works like this: RPC calls are made to populate the item model, which is closely tied with the table view. The RPC calls are bridged over a SSL/TLS connection to a remote server, which maintains instances of QSqlRelationalTableModel internally, those are populated by a MYSQL connection to a SQL server.

The server also handles user credentials and permissions through the same RPC mechanism and the same database.

Edited:

Edited:

Problem solved.
    Looks fancy and fun :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #1209
    September 2012
    1,082 Posts
    What the fuck is our Ludum Dare game even

Are you making any games outside of Ludum Dares? Whoever is doing your art is really good (the previous game about the dog also had really good models). It'd be a waste if they aren't using their talents in making some bigger/real games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

10. Post #1210
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,032 Posts
    Looks fancy and fun :D
    Thanks, I'm trying to make it really easy to use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Egypt Show Events

11. Post #1211
    Dennab
    July 2009
    12,246 Posts
    going to put my minecraft classic server on a VPS tamarrow to see how much yall will flood it

Edited:

In other news, drmemory is useful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #1212
    Gold Member

August 2005
    1,776 Posts
    Spending a lot of hours refactoring all of the mobile game code but it's being so worth it. After almost a year of making drastic changes and changing stuff around it had become one hell of a mess - what would have been an easy task like adding a new monster becomes a daunting one when there's unpredictable behavior going on on the background.

I'm still refactoring, but it's a great feeling when you start noticing how much better the code base is. Everything works as it should and it's very easy to modify things without breaking others. Can't recommend enough to start thinking about the code structure early on, especially on mid-to-big sized projects. It can avoid many headaches in the future.

Maybe it has been posted before, but this is a good place to start: http://gameprogrammingpatterns.com/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #1213
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,333 Posts
    It has been a long night, but it has totally payed off: 14x performance gains without going overboard with RAM usage! (still under 1.5mb!)
    I cached:
    - tokens (pre-lexing step)
    - endif/else/case positions
    - variable reference table index
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #1214
    going to put my minecraft classic server on a VPS tamarrow to see how much yall will flood it

Edited:

In other news, drmemory is useful
    I call dibs on finding the first exploit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #1215
    July 2012
    1,550 Posts
    Man I can't say how inspiring these threads are. I can't do much beyond hacking around in existing software, what you guys do is incredible.

e: work instead of whining -- the work continues! prop functions, writing more stuff in Lua than in C, and cross-compiling on Linux!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

16. Post #1216
    Do any of you guys know if I can get OpenAL through homebrew? My configure script can't seem to find it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Netherlands Show Events

17. Post #1217
    Source Engine Optometrist!
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,298 Posts
    TCP Backdoor tool tester thing

Download here and src code
    http://dev.cra0kalo.com/?p=90
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Programming King Programming King x 2 (list)

18. Post #1218
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,659 Posts
    Are you making any games outside of Ludum Dares? Whoever is doing your art is really good (the previous game about the dog also had really good models). It'd be a waste if they aren't using their talents in making some bigger/real games.
    I work together with a friend as a duo, the same girl I make Senpai Club (an anime parody series thing) with. We call ourselves makebabi.es (that's the URL to our website), and she does character design, concept/promo art, and texture work while I do all of the 3d work besides texturing (modeling, UV mapping, rigging, animation), programming, music, sound effects, and putting it all together.

Right now we're not making any games outside of Ludum Dare, since we're focusing on Senpai Club, but we might do something bigger game-related in the future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

19. Post #1219
    Click for bunny <3
    September 2010
    1,475 Posts
    TCP Backdoor tool tester thing

Download here and src code
    http://dev.cra0kalo.com/?p=90

So I'm safe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #1220
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,609 Posts
    [...]

Edited:

Edited:

Problem solved.
    Please tell me you're developing against realistic but not real customer data...

The program looks really nice though, how well does it integrate with other OS UX?

As a side note: If you type Arabic into a text box, does the OS/whatever insert RTL and/or LTR codepoints before/after the text or do you have to set the text box to RTL in code?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

21. Post #1221
    Source Engine Optometrist!
    Dennab
    June 2010
    2,298 Posts

So I'm safe?
    Yep
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #1222
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,609 Posts
    Well, the first thing that comes to mind is text recognition in book scans, Google uses stuff like this for maps, recognizing licence plates, just about anything that involves "computer vision" in this sense.

In my case I use it for something entirely different. The idea is that for each pixel in an image, I'll look for matching pixels in a region around it. Of course, comparing two single pixels is meaningless in a statistical sense, so it actually compares blocks, and then the center pixels of these blocks are assumed to be similar if their respective blocks are similar too. This is all nice, but it won't work if two blocks are identical but rotated wrt. one another. So you either need a similarity measure that is rotationally invariant (which is almost non-existent), or you make the similarity measure rotationally invariant by making sure that before you compare two blocks, you are sure they are aligned. But if you account for that rotation, your algorithm becomes extremely slow and just useless for any reasonably sized image. Unless you implement it in CUDA, which can greatly accelerate element-wise algorithms, which is what I did.

With these matching pixels I will estimate the noise for every pixel and use that estimation to calculate a new pixel value (with fancy statistics), thus removing the noise. Roughly. If a photographer uses a longer exposure to average every pixel in time (thus increasing S/N ratio with time), then I use in a sense a single image to average it with itself by finding similar pixels in the image for every pixel in that image (clusterfuck). This is relevant for MRI, because acquiring a single image might take quite a while and if there's a child or a mouse in there, then they won't enjoy being in there for a long time and they'll start moving and blurring the image.
    Wouldn't it be a problem if you use disjunct parts of the image to denoise if an important feature is smaller than the sample size?

Xerox had this problem in some of their copiers, they would change numbers imperceptibly, under certain circumstances.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

23. Post #1223
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,032 Posts
    Please tell me you're developing against realistic but not real customer data...
    Uhh.. well.. it's not like you can scrape anything vital from that screenshot, I made sure of it!

The program looks really nice though, how well does it integrate with other OS UX?
    Thanks. It's all cross-platform and uses JSON to communicate so I'd say pretty well. The final product will run as a Linux server with Windows clients, so that's the end goal.

As a side note: If you type Arabic into a text box, does the OS/whatever insert RTL and/or LTR codepoints before/after the text or do you have to set the text box to RTL in code?
    Qt handles this, it automatically switches to RTL layout if you enter any text in Arabic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Egypt Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #1224
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,609 Posts
    Uhh.. well.. it's not like you can scrape anything vital from that screenshot, I made sure of it!
    You should still consider getting some dummy data, since it prevents any liability issues in case something leaks.

It's true that I can't get any important information from here, but that might just be because I can't type much of it into Google to see if there's a connection.

Partial data can also be a huge issue, if some service uses it for identification.
    In this case you only display the "common part", so it should be not too serious, but there might be conclusions that can be drawn from this data when connected to other things.

For example, I might be able to complete the addresses by cross-checking with a phone book even if it's not in there directly.
    The land line gives me the area in which to check street names and the mobile number tells me something about the carrier, which I might use to pose as a technician (since someone's carrier choice is usually not considered "public" info by laypeople).

From the dates I can tell that these subscriptions(?) here are probably not current, but I might be able to find out who you're making this for once it's deployed, if the name of the software doesn't change (or just by calling people, if I knew the language).
    I could use this to make ex-customers believe there was a serious data breach or send this as "proof" of hacking to a news outlet (which probably wouldn't work though, since normally the data is not redacted as much in such a case).

In conclusion: Even insignificant looking pieces of data can tell you a whole lot about someone if you have an internet connection nearby. Please consider creating some fakes.

Thanks. It's all cross-platform and uses JSON to communicate so I'd say pretty well. The final product will run as a Linux server with Windows clients, so that's the end goal.
    I actually meant in regards to native look-and-feel, but since you use QT that should handle it automatically.

Qt handles this, it automatically switches to RTL layout if you enter any text in Arabic.
    I assume it inserts the control characters then, and it should work similarly with other frameworks.
    At least that part of globalization is nothing to worry about it seems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #1225
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,424 Posts
    Man I can't say how inspiring these threads are. I can't do much beyond hacking around in existing software, what you guys do is incredible.

e: work instead of whining -- the work continues! prop functions, writing more stuff in Lua than in C, and cross-compiling on Linux!

Just a note I would use require, and not dofile.

If you call dofile twice you execute the same file twice, if you call require twice it recognizes that you have already required that file and does nothing, among a myriad of other small differences.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

26. Post #1226
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,259 Posts
    Wouldn't it be a problem if you use disjunct parts of the image to denoise if an important feature is smaller than the sample size?

Xerox had this problem in some of their copiers, they would change numbers imperceptibly, under certain circumstances.
    There are ways to deal with this by using a weighing, for example based on the euclidean distance to the reference block, or by limiting your search window.

You actually provide a very valid point that might explain the trouble I'm having now. I thought taking the mean/median would already give some nice results, but it tends kill detail.

In the end it's always a tradeoff, you can't create a perfectly noiseless image because you always lose information as soon as you introduce noise. Only if you make the right assumptions you can try to restore it a little.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Belgium Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #1227
    New version of my guide to SSAO, now with angle-based SSAO (used in UE4):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0Draft%203.pdf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #1228
    Pass along
    May 2008
    3,113 Posts
    New version of my guide to SSAO, now with angle-based SSAO (used in UE4):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0Draft%203.pdf
    Would you mind if I downloaded it for further reference? I like the explanations and the code samples.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1229
    Would you mind if I downloaded it for further reference? I like the explanations and the code samples.
    That's not a problem, but be aware that it's not finished yet. I've yet to add HBAO / HDAO and scalability analysis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #1230
    Dennab
    July 2009
    12,246 Posts
    I call dibs on finding the first exploit
    <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

31. Post #1231
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,429 Posts
    Refraction! (Which I'm totally unconvinced is working correctly..)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Programming King Programming King x 2 (list)

32. Post #1232
    Click for bunny <3
    September 2010
    1,475 Posts
    -snip nevermind being an idiot-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #1233
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,831 Posts
    If anything pot makes me a horrible programmer, for music it works kinda okay creativity-wise but technique and timing become worse.
    pot makes me want to go for a midnight walk and let my brains creativity loose while listening to music. Then i come back and go over my ideas and just smash it together.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

34. Post #1234
    pot makes me want to go for a midnight walk and let my brains creativity loose while listening to music. Then i come back and go over my ideas and just smash it together.
    I used to not be able to program at all after smoking. Lately I've found I spend more time thinking about architecture at a higher level (no pun intended ) if I code after smoking a little bit, which has resulted in me writing better code. I often times have a little trouble slowing myself down and taking a step back to really think about a problem before I dig in and start writing code.

Of course, I would never rely on that to make me code well and would never ever smoke before doing real work, but it's been fun in small doses with programming for me haha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #1235
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,032 Posts
    Finished remote filtering, now you can search and filter clients in real-time remotely. The server filters out data and only provides the queried results instead of dumping it all to the client and letting it handle the filtering.

This is coming along nicely, it took me less than 10 minutes to add all of this in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Egypt Show Events

36. Post #1236
    October 2009
    149 Posts
    Decided to take a break from Prototype earth. Since i use csgolounge a lot i decided to create some sort of alarm.
    It will tell you :
    - < 2 hours for the match to begin
    - < 20 mins
    - If the trading bots are online / offline
    - Match history
    - If the match is live
    - Who won the match.

Screenies :D
    Match History :
    Options Menu :

A Gif showing the matches notification :

=== Download ===
    You can download it here : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...neyEzSkinz.rar

Note, it requires .NET Framework 4.5 Also, there might be some bugs.

-- Edit --

Adding Dota2Lounge option :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

37. Post #1237
    Dennab
    July 2009
    12,246 Posts
    Ok, don't break the server please:
    Download World of Minecraft classic client(pretty much easiest way to connect directly to an IP)
    So you don't have to register, here's a mirror.
    Open it up and enter
    Code:
    mc://96.47.230.40/username/asdf
    in the direct connect URL, replacing username with a username. Don't be vicious ples

Edited:

it segfaulted :(
    ill fix, seems to segfault when another player joins

Edited:

fixed probably
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

38. Post #1238
    Gold Member
    May 2013
    2,167 Posts
    No

I mean it isn't fixed. Look at the post below. :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

39. Post #1239
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    8,130 Posts
    Ok, don't break the server please:
    Download World of Minecraft classic client(pretty much easiest way to connect directly to an IP)
    So you don't have to register, here's a mirror.
    Open it up and enter
    Code:
    mc://96.47.230.40/username/asdf
    in the direct connect URL, replacing username with a username. Don't be vicious ples

Edited:

it segfaulted :(
    ill fix, seems to segfault when another player joins

Edited:

fixed probably
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #1240
    Dennab
    July 2009
    12,246 Posts
    Code:
    something is about to break.
    something is about to break.
    Segmentation fault
    i can predict it now

Edited:

added some protection, try again

Edited:

I take that back, its still segfaulting. I hate segfaulting.

Edited:

I'm using a debug binary, is there any way for me to get a stacktrace when it segfaults?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)