1. Post #19961
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    7,765 Posts
    How do you get so many Forbidden Suns?
    They were probably using that ring that practically doubles your casts, but halves your HP. Explains why their HP is so small.

Edited:

This one.

Northern Ritual Band +2 - Increases number of casts by 30%, but reduces your HP by 50%
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #19962
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    8,695 Posts
    Wait, how are you guys playing the DLC early? Isn't it supposed to come out in 2 days?

3. Post #19963
    January 2012
    1,557 Posts
    Wait, how are you guys playing the DLC early? Isn't it supposed to come out in 2 days?
    Some people have managed to glitch into the DLC area, since the DLC files allready are in the game.

Or something like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #19964
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    15,926 Posts
    All you have to do to get into the DLC area is clip through the door.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

5. Post #19965
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,831 Posts
    Well, it took about 4 or 5 tries, but I'm finally starting my Aquaman build
    That is to say, I'm using the trident as my main weapon. I have no idea where I'm going with this.

Perhaps I should use magic and pretend the blue stuff is water?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #19966
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,733 Posts
    Once you clip through the door(or warp directly to one of the bonfires), you get booted if you go anywhere because of a DLC check that the game does. It's fairly easy to bypass, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

7. Post #19967
    : |
    February 2009
    3,944 Posts
    I got to level 400 today. First thing I did was invade someone and drop the 40+ Ring of Giants +2 into their world.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

8. Post #19968
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    937 Posts
    to any demon's souls players, where can I get the firestorm spell? just wondering since I still haven't beaten demon's souls yet and I can't play the new dlc until I get a new router/modem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

9. Post #19969
    <3
    October 2010
    11,921 Posts
    to any demon's souls players, where can I get the firestorm spell? just wondering since I still haven't beaten demon's souls yet and I can't play the new dlc until I get a new router/modem.
    yuria the witch iirc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #19970
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    4,299 Posts
    whats the droprate on the blacksteel katana? been farming alone knights and getting hardly any drops, getting really pissed off i keep dying because i havnt played for ages
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #19971
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    5,271 Posts
    Yeah I'm bolting out of this thread for a while, wont be able to play it until Sept.
    At least you have dark souls 2. I'll have to wait till september to even enjoy DS2 on the PC, since the console version I got was a rental.

12. Post #19972
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,599 Posts
    whats the droprate on the blacksteel katana? been farming alone knights and getting hardly any drops, getting really pissed off i keep dying because i havnt played for ages
    I dunno if you've already gotten it, but you can get the jester hat in the Keep, which increases your item drop rate.

13. Post #19973
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,831 Posts
    I dunno if you've already gotten it, but you can get the jester hat in the Keep, which increases your item drop rate.
    Don't forget prisoner's tatters as well.
    You also get the +1 Gold Serpent ring by spending enough in the Iron Keep trader's shop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

14. Post #19974
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    8,695 Posts
    Are there any negative consequences for clipping through the door? And how do you do it?

15. Post #19975
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,733 Posts
    Are there any negative consequences for clipping through the door? And how do you do it?
    There are no consequences to clipping through the door. I could PM you how to do it if you like.

16. Post #19976
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    8,695 Posts
    There are no consequences to clipping through the door. I could PM you how to do it if you like.
    Sure.

17. Post #19977
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,685 Posts
    May I learn this sorcery too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #19978
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    9,151 Posts
    How do you buy stuff from Navlaan?

Edited:

Nevermind he just gave me all his stuff for some reason.

19. Post #19979
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    8,975 Posts
    Does anyone have that video where the dragon covenant guy is trying to defend the dragon eggs? I can't seem to find it because there's so many dark souls 2 let's plays that's all I can find
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

20. Post #19980
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,616 Posts

Edited:

This one right?^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #19981
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    8,975 Posts
    Thanks man, that's the one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #19982
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,599 Posts
    Don't forget prisoner's tatters as well.
    You also get the +1 Gold Serpent ring by spending enough in the Iron Keep trader's shop.
    Doesn't item discovery not actually stack, though? I cannot remember.

23. Post #19983
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,831 Posts
    Doesn't item discovery not actually stack, though? I cannot remember.
    They stacked/there was a value in DaS1, but it's unknown if it stacks in DaS2
    Also, did the Channeler's Trident get buffed recently? Both the Fextralife and Wikidot Wikis say it gets E/C scaling, but mine in-game gets E/B
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #19984
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    541 Posts
    Also, did the Channeler's Trident get buffed recently? Both the Fextralife and Wikidot Wikis say it gets E/C scaling, but mine in-game gets E/B
    I believe it was buffed in the latest patch. Is yours upgraded fully?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #19985
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    8,695 Posts

Edited:

This one right?^
    Incredibly well edited and good music choices.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

26. Post #19986
    not retarded or something
    July 2008
    6,346 Posts
    Before I redistribute my stats, does two handing halve the strength requirement to wield something? Like if something requires 30 to one hand do I only need 15 to two hand?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #19987
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    so apparently you don't need to buy the DLC if you have a cheat engine since you can just edit yourself onto the first bonfire

good job from
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

28. Post #19988
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,614 Posts
    After watching a ton of lore videos, I'm super surprised that none have mentioned the non-golem giant corpse that was posted a while ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #19989
    <3
    October 2010
    11,921 Posts
    so apparently you don't need to buy the DLC if you have a cheat engine since you can just edit yourself onto the first bonfire

good job from
    well not everyone uses cheat engines

30. Post #19990
    roar
    January 2008
    10,365 Posts

good job from
    Game can be broken via hacking.
    More news at 11.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #19991
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,733 Posts
    After watching a ton of lore videos, I'm super surprised that none have mentioned the non-golem giant corpse that was posted a while ago.
    You mean the one with an actual face? There isn't really much to go off of with. It's more of a case of "ohhh that's weird" because there isn't anything we can do to investigate.

32. Post #19992
    July 2009
    668 Posts
    Before I redistribute my stats, does two handing halve the strength requirement to wield something? Like if something requires 30 to one hand do I only need 15 to two hand?
    No you get 1.5x STR with 2H. So if you want to 2H a 30 STR weapon you'll need 20 STR.

Edited:

I'm wrong, look at the below post. I wonder how many other changes are out there that I don't know about

33. Post #19993
    roar
    January 2008
    10,365 Posts
    No you get 1.5x STR with 2H. So if you want to 2H a 30 STR weapon you'll need 20 STR.
    That's how it worked in DS1. In DS2 it doubles your strength but it doesn't count into scaling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

34. Post #19994
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,006 Posts
    played dark souls 2 again today to find out the greatsword was buffed from A strength scaling to S

is this real life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #19995
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,988 Posts
    is this real life
    or is it just dexterity

(there was an attempt)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #19996
    Wow!👏Great moves! 👍Keep it up!😁
    February 2006
    46,099 Posts
    I do hope they balance the insane crap going on with PVP next game

some builds in the game are just completely fucking impossible to fight against, where it doesn't matter how good you are, they just one hit you every time

its a game about brutality and dying constantly but then you get havel mages and lightning spear users whose only attack is "Backstab" and its like "What the fuck happened to this game"

I've pretty much given up even caring about spending anything about resistances too. I did it on my first character, all it does is remove stats from damage and endurance, even if its 'great'

37. Post #19997
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,344 Posts
    or is it just dexterity

(there was an attempt)
    CAUGHT IN A LAAAAAAAAG SPIKE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #19998
    January 2012
    591 Posts
    CAUGHT IN A LAAAAAAAAG SPIKE
    No escape from the backstab

39. Post #19999
    I DRAW SEALS
    March 2009
    5,271 Posts
    See this guy right here? This guy is the best guy ever. I post about not having ds2 till my birthday in september and within MINUTES he PMs me and gifts me not only dark souls 2, but the season pass as well.

Let it be known that Absentman is the best man. Thank you so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 21Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #20000
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    10,102 Posts
    I don't have DS2, Season Pass or a Controller
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)