1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    7,680 Posts
    JUN 19-1990

Gorbachev is displaced in 1987 by hardliners. Polish solidarity is crushed. Hungarians and Romanians find themselves under a new power. Rebel movements are being picked off. Eastern Europe lives in fear and Western Europe is on the brink of war. With time running out, the Soviet Union, after decades of stagnation and possible ruin on the horizon, make a mad dash for Western Europe to secure their crumbling legacy. On Jun 8th, Warsaw Pact troops crash through West Germany, the fate of the world holds in the balance. Soviet troops are nearing the Rhine. However, US reinforcements are starting to turn the tide back towards the Inter-German border. Hell is about to break loose.

The Soviet Union enacts War Plan Blue. An invasion of the United States. With most of the United States army located at sea or in Europe, the USSR knows they have to strike now. The ships departed Jun 15th, and now the United States of America is coming under attack. There is no quite historical record of what will happen next.

Countries Available
    USA-
    USSR-(Off map)
    Canada-
    Cuba-
    Mexico-Salricci
    United Kingdom-(Based out of Belize)
    OECS-(Island countries)
    Partisans/Rebel Groups
    CPUSA (Communist Party USA)-
    CPCAN (Communist Party Canada)-
    X State Partisans-
    Right wing extremists-
    The game starts off with the USSR about to invade the United States/Canada. North American units (Except Cuba) are frozen. This RP will last around 30 turns. The USSR starts off strong and gets weaker, vice versa for the USA.

PM ME THESE
    Application Format
    Country/Group-
    Flag (250x150)-
    Why you should be in the RP-
    If rebel state city base-
    Turn Format

Country/Group-
    Military Actions in North America-
    Technological Actions-
    Homefront actions-
    Espionage/terrorism-
    Actions in Europe (NA for Rebels/Mexico/Cuba)-
    SPECIAL ATTACKS-(One nuclear, chemical strike a turn!!! Be warned that these will cause serious disruptions for both sides and should not be used lightly!!!)
    Other-
    MAP

Yes! Canada is white. White represents snow and its to prevent confusion with having two red shaded countries!

Pact Goals:
    PRIMARY: SEATTLE, PORTLAND, LOS ANGELES, ANCHORAGE OAKLAND. SECONDARY: SALT LAKE CITY, BILLINGS, PHOENIX, DENVER

Post2Claim Country

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    502 Posts
    Mexico 4lief
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Here I sit, I am elated, Came to shit, Ejaculated
    December 2010
    519 Posts
    Man if I were you I'd find a much more detailed map, there's like barely any detail there.

Edited:

Maybe fit all of Canada in too

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    7,680 Posts
    Man if I were you I'd find a much more detailed map, there's like barely any detail there.

Edited:

Maybe fit all of Canada in too
    I had to shimmy down the Darkest Hour map. The HOI 3 map is butt fucking ugly (minnesota is now a state with a curved border, Washington is located in British colombia.) Combat is probably going to be a series of breaks and routes so large swaths will be captured and lost.

E: If PEI falls the game has most likely ended

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    7,680 Posts
    Cuba, rebels, and OECS are there for newer players who want to get into RPs, so don't be intimidated!

6. Post #6
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,819 Posts
    I will be CWCville.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    2,609 Posts
    -Snip-

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    7,680 Posts
    I swear if you post you're taking a country you have six hours to send in an application and turn

Edited:

The slate is clear if you have yet to send in a PM, all are open again.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,788 Posts
    Can we have a starting point of the invasion?

Edited:

Calling UK.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    7,680 Posts
    Can we have a starting point of the invasion?

Edited:

Calling UK.
    That's up to the (eventual) USSR player. The most obvious areas are Oakland and Seattle. If no one joins as the USSR I will make them AI.

11. Post #11
    SPQR
    August 2011
    2,663 Posts
    can I be Mayan rebels in the Yucatan?

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    7,680 Posts
    can I be Mayan rebels in the Yucatan?
    Go for it, but you must choose a political side (US or USSR). For example, Maya Zapatista.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    7,680 Posts
    Last try.