1. Post #521
    Get off my rocks, you damn kids!
    January 2012
    1,754 Posts
    Also the pyro looks quite menacing here.
    When it comes to Miles and his pyro stuff being creepy, you ain't seen shit yet, son.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #522

October 2013
    657 Posts
    Finish-io
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 9Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #523
    June 2012
    1,380 Posts
    Base colors, I'm really slow at texturing. And I'm going to have to re-do the UV and AO... Still looking for someone to texture this!

I have a few suggestions for the color scheme

1. Get rid of the color diamond
    2. Get rid of the color gauge
    3. Make the handle grey (as TheJukebox suggested)
    4. Make the canister cream spirit
    5. Make the box cream spirit as well (not sure about this one, but I'm not a fan of the current red color on the box)

Here's a paintover:

Edited:

Probably should have ask this sooner, but why is their a buckshot on the pistol? It doesn't seem like it would be able to fire that kind of round.

Regardless of the functionality though, I think the gun would look better without the buckshot and the buckshot holder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #524
    December 2012
    4,663 Posts

Bayonet grenade launcher. Suggestions appreciated! (it's taken btw)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Artistic Artistic x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #525
    August 2013
    1,952 Posts
    I have a few suggestions for the color scheme

1. Get rid of the color diamond
    2. Get rid of the color gauge
    3. Make the handle grey (as TheJukebox suggested)
    4. Make the canister cream spirit
    5. Make the box cream spirit as well (not sure about this one, but I'm not a fan of the current red color on the box)
    Gonna make the hazard diamond smaller. I'm keeping the color gauge, it's one of my favorite parts of the gun. But I'll definitely do the cream spirit colors, wasn't a huge fan of the dark red either, but I wanted something team colored. Completely forgot about Cream Spirit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #526
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    6,140 Posts
    Started on the melee of the steelworker pyro set, an old brass blowtorch:

Just basecolours right now.
    God damnit just when I thought this set couldn't get anymore glorious.

7. Post #527

October 2013
    657 Posts
    I dont even know anymore:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #528
    June 2012
    717 Posts

I like the idea, but try to change up the barrel and forearm of the GL. Right now it just looks like stock with plaid and a knife.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #529
    November 2010
    1,171 Posts

The bayonet/blade should be off to one of the sides, since as it looks now, the pipe bombs would hit the blade as they launch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Useful Useful x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #530
    August 2013
    1,952 Posts
    The bayonet/blade should be off to one of the sides, since as it looks now, the pipe bombs would hit the blade as they launch.
    You could just lower it a bit, create a visual gap between the barrel and the bayonet. I wouldn't like it if the bayonet was offset.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #531
    December 2012
    4,663 Posts

V2, changed handle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 12 (list)

12. Post #532
    February 2011
    619 Posts
    knifegun
    "Oi, you headlovin' camper, THIS is a knife!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #533
    June 2012
    1,380 Posts
    Gonna make the hazard diamond smaller. I'm keeping the color gauge, it's one of my favorite parts of the gun. But I'll definitely do the cream spirit colors, wasn't a huge fan of the dark red either, but I wanted something team colored. Completely forgot about Cream Spirit.
    In that case, I would suggest toning it down a bit; make it less colorful, less saturated, and smaller Also, I would suggest rotating it 90, so it better relates to the motion of the medigun handle (the medic moves the handle right to left, but the gauge goes up to down.)

Sorry about this, but here's another paint over:

I wouldn't do all three colors though, maybe just the "danger" color. Something like this:

Edited:

I think the stock might be too plaid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

14. Post #534
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,657 Posts
    the way the stock had plaid in a small area was better than full plaid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

15. Post #535
    July 2012
    806 Posts
    Flames good or not?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 13Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #536
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,742 Posts

So Zing appears to be the winner, but just to be safe, I took some of the suggestions given and did a few more. And of course any feedback is appreciated.
    was this ever finished?

Edited:

First entry done! Thanks to all who helped!

Special thanks to UberMunchkin for the SFM pics.

PS: The name has been changed to "The Buckshot Backup" because spitfire is taken already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #537
    Get off my rocks, you damn kids!
    January 2012
    1,754 Posts
    "Oi, you headlovin' camper, THIS is a knife!"
    Wait... now that I think about it...
    Why has there never been a melee shared specifically between demo, soldier, and sniper?
    All three of them seem to share a love of something to do with heads
    Soldier collects rotting heads on a fence-post, demo has a possession-induced unnatural desire for them, and sniper is... well... sniper.
    Or hell, even just a simple nod to it. I'm slightly surprised they haven't really gone very far with it, what with the comics making the Eyelander an actual character now.
    That'd be pretty interesting to see.

18. Post #538
    November 2012
    656 Posts

Progress on Bynine's concept, feedback is appreciated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #539
    June 2012
    1,380 Posts

So Zing appears to be the winner, but just to be safe, I took some of the suggestions given and did a few more. And of course any feedback is appreciated.
    was this ever finished?
    Zing was the winner again so that will be the icon used. The next step is to come up with icons for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Do these look good?

Once everything is settled, I'll post the thumb template.

Edit:

Based on this suggestion:
    Black bullet with white outlines, then bronze, silver, and gold bullets for 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #540
    October 2010
    1,576 Posts
    I think something more flashy for the winners would be cool, some small badge or burst of color. There are only 3 winners, yeah?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #541
    August 2013
    1,952 Posts
    I think something more flashy for the winners would be cool, some small badge or burst of color. There are only 3 winners, yeah?

On a different note, didn't think I was going to have any time to finish my medigun, let alone both it and the backpack. But out of nowhere, southern GA is having an ice storm tomorrow and Wednesday, giving me 2 days of no classes or work. Just might be my lucky day.

22. Post #542
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,284 Posts

Working on this spy knife, not sure if I'll make the deadline tho.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #543
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,422 Posts
    Anyone interested in texturing this by next week?

I only ask that you have experience and are somewhat confident in your ability.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #544
    August 2013
    1,952 Posts
    Final call for base colors. Need to move on to actually getting details in there.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

25. Post #545
    I sell Bot Doggers and Bot Dogger accessories
    November 2011
    1,601 Posts
    SOON

Still can't think of a name, any ideas?

26. Post #546
    November 2012
    626 Posts
    SOON

The Last Resort.

27. Post #547

October 2012
    33 Posts
    Alright, updates on the cameragun, this is what we had in the last revision:

I've yet to confirm with NassimO, as he is offline right now, but I think that you guys were right and the switch/lights pane on the back is not great. I've been thinking and I feel that if we sacrifice the crank handle we can add some more interesting electronic spytech gubbins which would otherwise be at odds with a manual crank.

My current idea is to have some switches based on some interesting reference NassimO dug up (which I don't have access to right now, but looked something like this)

Then I was going to make a few different versions of cassette tapes, either using a magnetic tape (first used in the later 50's, albeit very large) or fudging it with a small form of photographic film.

Without having made these ideas yet I cannot be certain, but I think they would work with the existing spy reload animations. Feedback always appreciated.

28. Post #548

May 2011
    1,193 Posts
    SOON

I'd say Executioner/Axecutioner but thats really cheap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #549
    Dennab
    July 2013
    1,996 Posts
    SOON

Crosspost from Mod Emporium but didn't you already named it "The Sharp Shooter"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

30. Post #550

October 2012
    33 Posts
    Big ol' post.
    I've draughted up a few ideas for 'Stop', 'Eject' etc buttons.

Votes would be handy,

Top square buttons:
    Top switchy buttons:
    Side switchy buttons:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #551
    August 2013
    212 Posts
    I've draughted up a few ideas for 'Stop', 'Eject' etc buttons.

I would recommend to bevel those edges on the square buttons

32. Post #552

October 2012
    33 Posts
    I would recommend to bevel those edges on the square buttons
    Yeah, all of those ideas would need to be worked on before being put into the final model, they are just quick draught models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #553
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,284 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 9Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #554
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    13,217 Posts
    Maybe I'm just not a clever man but I can't imagine the amount of effort it would take to put that into somebody's spine.

35. Post #555
    Maybe I'm just not a clever man but I can't imagine the amount of effort it would take to put that into somebody's spine.
    It's not meant for stabbing, but for making the gun attached to it go off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

36. Post #556
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    13,217 Posts
    Ooooooh right so it's a... Knifegun?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

37. Post #557
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,284 Posts
    Ooooooh right so it's a... Knifegun?
    It's a TF2-ified OSS Glove gun, as seen in Inglorious Basterds

Crossposting :

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 14 (list)

38. Post #558
    August 2013
    212 Posts
    That's a clever concept!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #559
    August 2011
    1,073 Posts
    Not to be rude, but why are all the seams in the player's view? You could easily move the seams to the other side of the cylinders you have, so that there are no visible seams.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #560
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,284 Posts
    Not to be rude, but why are all the seams in the player's view? You could easily move the seams to the other side of the cylinders you have, so that there are no visible seams.
    Blender auto UV. The model isn't finished yet, that terrible AO is here only so I could see how it looks ingame.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)