1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,376 Posts
    Hey all, I'm going to running a new RP that follows the Napoleonic era of Europe. It begins in the year 1805 and the turns will last two weeks.

If you're a newcomer looking to join but you have questions about how the game works you can ask me or one of the players around here.

Map:

1. Send in a PM to Mr. Face, with the following title: "Countryname: Turn X"
    2. DON'T write turnsheets that are too long. It may be tempting, but unless I can copypaste it in, turns take longer.
    3. DO write roughly 10 lines (of commands) in your turn.
    4. The PM you send to me will take the following form for the first turn:

Flag: (image is 250x150 pixels)
    Country name:

You must also send in your commands:

Technology: You give me one solitary tech to search and it will be researched over the next few turns. As your educational abilities go up you unlock the ability to research more than one thing at a time.
    Military: Everything involving your military goes here. Also includes expansion on the map via force.
    Domestic affairs: Everything inside of your country's borders.
    External affairs: Everything outside of your country's borders. Includes expansion on the map via peaceful methods.
    Copypaste: Type down here what you want me to include in the turn (such as backstories, your religion/culture/lore/news/etc) that will be pasted into the turn.
    All following turns will follow the same format with the exception of the flag and country name.

That's the gist of things. Make your turnsheets, post in the thread, make comics and announcements and such. Overall try to do your best at taking over the world.

First turn will be turn 1. You will send in both your country info and your commands.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    March 2012
    1,069 Posts
    Now see, you know I'm gonna be the English.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    683 Posts
    Russia is stonkest.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,812 Posts
    So how does this actually work? I'd like to play as the Batavians, but I'm not sure what I have to do. Are there mechanics restricting what I can do, or is it more-or-less an honour system?

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,376 Posts
    So how does this actually work? I'd like to play as the Batavians, but I'm not sure what I have to do. Are there mechanics restricting what I can do, or is it more-or-less an honour system?
    If you're going to play as the Batavians you'd start more or less as a revolutionary since the game begins in 1805 during the Napoleon years.

It's a very free game in terms of what you can do but there are limits. For instance you won't be able to just research nuclear bombs and then nuke everyone. You have to stick to the time period in terms of tech.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,788 Posts
    Is this just Europe or the whole world?

7. Post #7
    November 2013
    119 Posts
    I was lazy and only wrote one line of command.

8. Post #8
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,819 Posts
    Prussia go.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    8,750 Posts
    That feel when your idea wasn't good enough:

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,788 Posts
    Switzerland GO

11. Post #11
    Roleplaying Procrastinator
    January 2012
    5,274 Posts
    Septinsular Republic is go.

12. Post #12
    And we light up the sky!
    December 2012
    1,018 Posts
    I'll play if I can be the Republic of Rust.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,376 Posts
    I'll play if I can be the Republic of Rust.
    No
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,131 Posts
    Can I take Austria?

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    683 Posts

Map done (Thank you for the help Damian.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,376 Posts
    Can I take Austria?
    Austria-Hungary, yes.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,788 Posts
    Austria-Hungary, yes.
    It was just the Austrian Empire at that point. Iirc

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    3,376 Posts
    It was just the Austrian Empire at that point. Iirc
    Austria-Hungary didn't split until 1918 when the monarchy collapsed.

19. Post #19
    March 2013
    511 Posts

Map done (Thank you for the help Damian.)
    Wasn't Wallachia, Moldova, Libya, and Tunis under Ottoman control at this time? And sorta Egypt too.

It's also missing the Septinsular Republic, Ragusa should also be independent.

20. Post #20
    Roleplaying Procrastinator
    January 2012
    5,274 Posts
    Wasn't Wallachia, Moldova, Libya, and Tunis under Ottoman control at this time? And sorta Egypt too.

It's also missing the Septinsular Republic, Ragusa should also be independent.
    The map is basically a province map of March of the Eagles, go blame that.

Also, the Septinsular Republic was originally shown as owned by Russia, which was fixed here.

If you want, go fix the map, it'd be for the better too.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,131 Posts
    Austria-Hungary didn't split until 1918 when the monarchy collapsed.
    But before 1848 it was simply the Austrian Empire, in 1848 they compromised and created sort of a dual monarchy system.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungari...lution_of_1848
    From 1848-1918 it was Austria Hungary.

Edited:

Are people playing as protectorates of the French Empire allowed to change their allegiance suddenly? Shouldn't they essentially be under France's control?

Edited:

portugal is missing something

22. Post #22
    March 2013
    511 Posts
    since no ones taken it i may as well france things up

also ive fixed the map of any problems i could find

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,131 Posts
    has the war of the third coalition been fought yet

Edited:

If you're going to play as the Batavians you'd start more or less as a revolutionary since the game begins in 1805 during the Napoleon years.

It's a very free game in terms of what you can do but there are limits. For instance you won't be able to just research nuclear bombs and then nuke everyone. You have to stick to the time period in terms of tech.
    The Batavian Republic existed in 1805, it only ceased to exist in 1806.

Edited:

I'd say it hasn't been considering March of the Eagles starts in 1 Jan 1805. (the war of the 3rd coalition)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,131 Posts
    since no ones taken it i may as well france things up

also ive fixed the map of any problems i could find
    you kinda messed up unless we're showing vassals as part of their parent nation (in which case there will be a lot more blue on the map), the ottoman vassals should be their own collors

25. Post #25
    March 2013
    511 Posts
    you kinda messed up unless we're showing vassals as part of their parent nation (in which case there will be a lot more blue on the map), the ottoman vassals should be their own collors
    Well those places are technically still a part of the Ottomans, as they've never declared independence. Although moldavia is wrong

26. Post #26
    March 2012
    1,069 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    March 2013
    511 Posts
    hey im saving your life here

do you WANT to go against these croissants?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    SWARMHOST OF RUSSIANS
    November 2007
    354 Posts
    Wallachia strong.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    683 Posts
    Am I drunk on vodka or did France become a tumor with a sword?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    March 2013
    511 Posts
    england prepare

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    683 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

32. Post #32
    March 2013
    511 Posts
    french flag not netherlands flag 0/10

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,788 Posts
    Turn today? :D

34. Post #34
    October 2011
    82 Posts
    Turn today? :D
    Probably tomorrow. I'll have a larger amount of free time tomorrow since most of the day will be just preparation for my game tomorrow night.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,131 Posts
    Well those places are technically still a part of the Ottomans, as they've never declared independence. Although moldavia is wrong
    once again, they're vassals

unless you want the map to look like this
    http://i.imgur.com/O09SW2e.png
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,788 Posts
    Can we at least get a list of all players so far?

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,131 Posts
    I did an in depth analysis of Switzerland's borders using MoTE (the province names are after cities). I've concluded that this map is terrible in that regard.

Left is modern, right is current. The three provinces that change are Geneva, Sion and Brigue. Geneva and the territory of Wallis were not part of Switzerland in 1805, and Sion and Brigue are both in Wallis (but for some reason not next to each other on this map), so the right one is what the map should look like. Also I removed an Italian province that is, I believe, erroneously a part of Switzerland (I looked it up and didn't find any evidence of Switzerland being given Italian land by Napoleon).

38. Post #38
    March 2013
    511 Posts
    once again, they're vassals

unless you want the map to look like this
    http://i.imgur.com/O09SW2e.png

39. Post #39
    Proudly supporting the JIDF
    Dennab
    July 2010
    22,819 Posts

40. Post #40
    March 2012
    1,069 Posts
    Will NTW have anything to do with this rp?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)