1. Post #1161
    I haz a title.
    September 2005
    290 Posts

Pathfinding stress testing, 256 npcs.
    Had to make pathfinding asynchronous, first time using lua's coroutines. This will probably be the biggest bottleneck (for now), depending on what game I'll be using I might have to precompute paths before actually spawning npcs, we'll see... :D

Edited:

yay, pageking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 6Programming King Programming King x 2 (list)

2. Post #1162
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,793 Posts
    I came up with an awesome idea for the game jam and got a team who want to make it! But we ended up with two Unity guys and I don't know Unity, so now it looks like I'm the ideas guy...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #1163
    Hi.
    July 2011
    5,256 Posts
    Unity is very easy to get into, spend a day with it and you should be able to help out.

If you know C# or another c based language it will take even less time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #1164
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,793 Posts
    My laptop only has Linux on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #1165
    September 2012
    1,082 Posts
    idea guy mode full engage mmo 3d platformwer with rougeliek like elements
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #1166
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,405 Posts
    Decided to make an Insurgency hack the day it came out.
    We've got one player online and enough headshots for like, 10 players. I think we've got a hacker.
    BEEEOOOOOOOOOOP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

7. Post #1167
    www.bff-hab.de
    May 2006
    3,291 Posts

That's used for x/y movement, the whole thing pretty much looks like this:

Where would the fun be if it wasn't controlled with Lua right?

Code:
    dac.setRGB(255, 0, 0)

local i = 0
    while (true) do
    	i = i + 1
    	local pos = i % 128

local x = pos / 128 * 0x8000 + 0x4000
    	local y = (sin(pos / 8 * pi) + 1) / 0x1000 + 0x8000

dac.setXY(x, y)
    end
    That is some expensive kit you got there. Where did you get access for it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #1168
    Gold Member
    October 2013
    1,843 Posts
    I'm making a random TV show generator (the sequel to Moist Banana) and I started working out some of the string generation. The channel listing it gave me is very interesting...

Next up my list: Individual channel guides, themes, and show schedules. Then into the graphical stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 17Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #1169
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,370 Posts
    "The Profitability Network"?

Sounds like Morgan TV.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

10. Post #1170
    September 2012
    1,082 Posts
    automatic auto tiling and handling of more complex edge cases

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 25Programming King Programming King x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #1171
    February 2009
    116 Posts
    I created a short video of a rectangular shape collapsing to the ground under it's own weight in my latest version of Coolstructions.
    The most tricky part was recording it, since it's only being rendered on the HTML5 canvas. I decided to cheat a bit and used Whammy.js to record it, so it's not realtime anymore, it's pre-rendered. Anyways, the point is it would run at 60 FPS without Whammy.js capturing every single frame.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 9Funny Funny x 1Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

12. Post #1172
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,296 Posts
    That is some expensive kit you got there. Where did you get access for it?
    I got really lucky, a friend of mine knows the owner.

Right now I'm working on getting ILDA playback to work. Pictures should follow soon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

13. Post #1173
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,761 Posts
    More captcha work (sorry for massive thread spam)

I integrated the dijkstras removal, and also made the line removal code slightly better which allows it to distinguish which pixels shouldn't be there better

The extra pixel above the i is because the dijkstras uses the naive start and end of the line, when in reality in need to work out what the start and end are (because the line doesn't always travel very straight and loops back on itself a lil)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Programming King Programming King x 2 (list)

14. Post #1174
    I gave enough money to buy a soda.
    May 2010
    1,021 Posts
    sorry for massive thread spam
    There's no such thing as massive thread spam here at WAYWO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree x 15Late x 1Friendly x 1Informative x 1Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #1175
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,114 Posts
    There's no such thing as massive thread spam here at WAYWO.
    Well, other than the occasional arguments about how people who use spaces for indentation should be fired into space.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #1176
    I've been working on my app again due to the massive influx of new users. They seem to be unable to press a single fucking button and disregard the app as broken...
    Fucking hell.

Progress!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Netherlands Show Events

17. Post #1177
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,616 Posts
    [...] They seem to be unable to press a single fucking button and disregard the app as broken...
    Fucking hell.

[...]
    Which one?

Edited:

If it's the small download button, you really should add messages telling users to press that and a result message showing that no unread things were on the server if there's nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

18. Post #1178
    www.bff-hab.de
    May 2006
    3,291 Posts
    Well, other than the occasional arguments about how people who use spaces for indentation should be fired into space.
    The argument is that spaces have the same size on every machine while tabs can vary. But I think that that variance is actually an argument FOR tabs, as everyone can set their tab size to the value they like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 4Late Late x 3 (list)

19. Post #1179
    Which one?

Edited:

If it's the small download button, you really should add messages telling users to press that and a result message showing that no unread things were on the server if there's nothing.
    I made it so that it just starts downloading automatically now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Netherlands Show Events

20. Post #1180
    Hi.
    July 2011
    5,256 Posts
    Needed a thing so I threw it together in Python, it does a steam server query.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #1181
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,899 Posts

Pathfinding stress testing, 256 npcs.
    Had to make pathfinding asynchronous, first time using lua's coroutines. This will probably be the biggest bottleneck (for now), depending on what game I'll be using I might have to precompute paths before actually spawning npcs, we'll see... :D

Edited:

yay, pageking
    What's the engine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

22. Post #1182
    I haz a title.
    September 2005
    290 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #1183
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,195 Posts
    Needed a thing so I threw it together in Python, it does a steam server query.
    Hey, you could market this as an efficient random player name generator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events

24. Post #1184
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,899 Posts
    Oh, awesome, thank you!

I am currently developing a game on Corona, which is a lua engine for mobile games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

25. Post #1185
    December 2013
    74 Posts
    Helping this guy with his game I have been doing the art, particle effects and helping him with some code in game maker. every level in this game is randomly generated! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #1186
    『  』
    June 2010
    923 Posts
    Jumps WAY too high.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1187
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,162 Posts
    Jumps WAY too high.
    not necessarily, there's just not enough horizontal movement so it looks weird.

Edited:

and the camera doesn't keep up properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

28. Post #1188
    『  』
    June 2010
    923 Posts
    Has anybody heard/seen Duality? It's a 2D c# game engine, looks interesting
    http://www.fetzenet.de/blog/?page_id=697
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1189
    Jumps WAY too high.
    no, he just needs more speed.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #1190
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,793 Posts
    Well, other than the occasional arguments about how people who use tabs for indentation should be fired into tab.
    ftfy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

31. Post #1191
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,199 Posts
    Helping this guy with his game I have been doing the art, particle effects and helping him with some code in game maker. every level in this game is randomly generated! :D
    Oh god this is the first game ever that got me motion sick. And i've played a lot games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #1192
    December 2013
    74 Posts
    Oh god this is the first game ever that got me motion sick. And i've played a lot games.
    Camera now moves on its own and doesn't follow player

also this game has changed so much in one day.
    to
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #1193
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,745 Posts
    I've been working on my app again due to the massive influx of new users. They seem to be unable to press a single fucking button and disregard the app as broken...
    Fucking hell.

Progress!
    Is there any reason the app is limited to android >3 ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #1194
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,566 Posts
    The Aimbot feature will kill anyone on the map, as long as the server sends info about the player. Visibility of other players does NOT matter in this situation.
    The Insulter feature will grab insults by requesting the page from http://insultgenerator.org.
    You gave me a wonderful idea which I spent a totally unreasonable amount of time on:
    http://pastebin.com/B9zF5Z10

If you have programmable keys on your keyboard, just save that script as 'insult.vbs', then make a key execute the script on press. Automatic random insult all typed out for you. Just have to hit enter in chat window of choice.

Edited:

Also for some reason it sends the text right after the button press in Steam chat, without you getting the chance to *ahem* 'review' your insult. Use at your own risk.

Edited:

Here's a version of the script that uses randominsults.com, which I personally find to be a bit more clever and subtle with its insults:
    http://pastebin.com/N9ywcbwF
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

35. Post #1195
    Gold Member
    October 2013
    1,843 Posts
    Started generating show pools for each channel! This one is particular appears to be a variety network...

Now for show descriptions and weekly schedules.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

36. Post #1196
    Dennab
    July 2009
    12,246 Posts
    I assume you mean androids over 3, and thats probably because too many people use the old outdated 2.1 apis and makes apps look bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #1197
    actionbar

Edited:

I need to implement the support kit some time soon

Edited:

also apps that support < 3 look fucking awefull unless they did some vodoo stuff.
    And who even uses android < 3 these days?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #1198
    Gold Member
    January 2014
    53 Posts
    Wow, my little thing Im working on looks like crap compared to everyone elses :^

Anyways, this is just something small Im working on, called it Chrome, it's completely written in java and about 3000 lines of code currently, pretty crappy atm, and as you can tell, I'm horrible with pixel art, and, my coding skills are still pretty mediocre, but I'm working on it!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #1199
    January 2012
    29 Posts
    I'm making a Not Pacman clone in python.

Edit: nums
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Winner Winner x 7Programming King Programming King x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

40. Post #1200

January 2012
    481 Posts
    So you're making Not Not Pacman?

Well someone had to say it.

How about Not^2 Pacman?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)