1. Post #3041
    FREE RUST KEYS
    December 2012
    4,486 Posts
    This title is the gift that keeps on giving.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

2. Post #3042
    Chase827's Bitch
    January 2012
    4,277 Posts
    I am finally back.

Whats shaking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3043
    FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHT TO SHITPOST IN POLIDICKS
    February 2007
    33,174 Posts
    Shame he threw such a fit about it.

I like his voice.
    Ohmwrecker, for what its worth, also made a lot of solid MWO guides and content.

Edited:

Oh he is posting in this thread now, awkward.
    My advice for bans, from someone who has been banned too many times, is to just take your lumps and move on trying not to repeat your mistake. 5 days isn't even that long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #3044

April 2005
    18,213 Posts
    Postal, in the video I said I was banned for a week, and this whole aspect was by far one of the least touched on points, yet that's what you guys choose to nitpick over? I was going off of memory, I had no idea that there was a public events page, otherwise I would have gotten the exact amount of time. From my recollection I was banned on a weekend, and wasn't going to be unbanned until sometime in the upcoming week. That aspect was right, which is why I stated I was banned for a week. Regardless of the duration of the ban, I was still banned for a post that didn't specifically request what I was banned for, even though I was civil, and provided as much information as I could at the time.

Also, when I browsed the forums prior to making the thread, I literally could not find any information on where else to post, yet I was banned for making a VAC request when for all I knew the guy was using in-game exploits to accomplish what he was doing. Also, take situations like this into account, where even guys like J!NX point people to that forum to report hackers:

http://puu.sh/6xueN/6cebb3233c.png

What I can't understand is your quick trigger finger on just about everything, the way you respond to people when you ban them, and your unwillingness to simply take a moment to merge threads with the thread desired (on the mod side) if you want to keep things nice and tidy. I get moderation on popular forums, I really do, I still have full moderation rights to the 2K global forums, and EA's C&C forums, even though it's more of an honorary thing at this point. The hostility towards users when representing a game developer feel really out of place, and it wouldn't fly at most studios.
    well yeah, i'm not a part of the rust team. My main concern is the moderation of the facepunch forum, so of course that's all I'd address. But anyways, if you're gonna criticize a ban here don't you think it important to at least get the facts right so as not to blow things out of proportion? Telling people I banned you for more than twice as long as I really did and saying it was just for discussing hackers isn't very nice and has already gotten us several spammers joining the forums outraged I'd ban you for such a long time for seemingly no real reason. When you're banned, you're shown a page that lists the ban reason and the date it'll be lifted:

and I also linked to the public events page in my rules sticky. It'd be nice if you took advantage of the resources provided to you. But looking at your video again it seems you actually did link that image of the ban length in it, so I'm pretty confused as to how you still managed to get the ban length so wrong??

Your post was simply "I saw them noclip somehow, here's some pictures of chat logs to prove it" which proves nothing since people can easily change their name. It sure looked like you were just yet another person asking for vac bans to me, but if you had used the banned users forum like we told you to, we could've sorted this all. Regardless, you still would've been banned since the rules for that section ask you to detail how to do exploits/cheats in rust so they can be patched, and you really weren't at all. For all I could tell you were just making that all up. If you'd read my rules sticky in the main rust forum you'd see that I said for all random discussion of hackers to go into the hackers discussion thread I set aside for you guys. If you just want to talk about someone you think might be hacking but you can't prove it, go there. Especially since we're all very well aware of the noclip issue already. As for you saying you couldn't find the rules, well they were highlighted yellow, stuck to the top of the forums, and labeled as section rules to read before you post, so i dunno what more we could've done. Don't listen to what random posters tell you to do, go off the rules and what the moderators tell you to do, and if you're ever unsure of the rules then nothing is stopping you from talking to me.

I don't merge threads and move them around all the time because we have rules established already to tell people how the forum works. Unless someone asks me to or they apologize in the thread or if its a new rule/subforum, if they haven't read the rules and fuck something up then I give them a temporary ban to get them to start paying attention and take it upon themselves to learn the rules. We're one of the largest forums on the net (MUCH larger than the ones you mentioned), we need people to not be lazy and learn how this place runs themselves to prevent it being an absolute mess, but even then the ban will ALWAYS be removed once they use the banned forum to discuss it with me. or they can even just play it safe by talking to me before posting around the forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

5. Post #3045
    🥓            🍩            🍗            🍔            🍟            🍕            🍪            🌭            🌮            🍤            🥑            🧀            🍿            🍙            🍣            🍦            🍧            🍮           🍭
    August 2010
    8,720 Posts
    I don't see where the whole "let the mod fix everything" mindset comes from.

Because in the real world, a cop usually doesn't pull someone over and simply lightly warn someone for speeding or driving in the wrong lane. He issues a punishment and you learn your lesson. The next time you do it, your punishment may be harsher. In the real world, it works. I don't see where the criticism comes from when you apply the same logic to an online forum.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #3046
    Wow!👏Great moves! 👍Keep it up!😁
    February 2006
    46,058 Posts
    Postal, in the video I said I was banned for a week, and this whole aspect was by far one of the least touched on points, yet that's what you guys choose to nitpick over? I was going off of memory, I had no idea that there was a public events page, otherwise I would have gotten the exact amount of time. From my recollection I was banned on a weekend, and wasn't going to be unbanned until sometime in the upcoming week. That aspect was right, which is why I stated I was banned for a week. Regardless of the duration of the ban, I was still banned for a post that didn't specifically request what I was banned for, even though I was civil, and provided as much information as I could at the time.

Also, when I browsed the forums prior to making the thread, I literally could not find any information on where else to post, yet I was banned for making a VAC request when for all I knew the guy was using in-game exploits to accomplish what he was doing. Also, take situations like this into account, where even guys like J!NX point people to that forum to report hackers:

http://puu.sh/6xueN/6cebb3233c.png

What I can't understand is your quick trigger finger on just about everything, the way you respond to people when you ban them, and your unwillingness to simply take a moment to merge threads with the thread desired (on the mod side) if you want to keep things nice and tidy. I get moderation on popular forums, I really do, I still have full moderation rights to the 2K global forums, and EA's C&C forums, even though it's more of an honorary thing at this point. The hostility towards users when representing a game developer feel really out of place, and it wouldn't fly at most studios.
    Facepunch works. the bans have always been like this, people that accept it belong here, people that throw a fit don't. All you have to say is "I understand" and learn not to do it again and it doesn't happen again.

you should be able to read the rules yourself

the fact that I actually have to hold your hands on doing that is pretty sad. I've been here for almost a decade and I haven't complained.

it would be literally impossible for postal to explain to everyone how to read the rules. I shouldn't have even needed to post that one time but fuck me, I feel like I should post a link more because kids can't follow simple directions and then wonder why they get banned.

Postal has better shit to do than hold your hands guys.

7. Post #3047
    I have $200 to waste on hosting faggots, i have adblock for a reason, KluKluxKid sexiest man alive!
    October 2013
    111 Posts

That is me TonyNova in the video trying to help my friend out of his prison! (Green Rad suit)

But anyhoo, People really need to read the stickies....or get a possible ban!

Edit: I never said anything about Ddos or anything else for that matter! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 39Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #3048
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,237 Posts

That is me TonyNova in the video trying to help my friend out of his prison! (Green Rad suit)
    I don't think you realize what this thread is for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

9. Post #3049
    Chase827's Bitch
    January 2012
    4,277 Posts
    did we get invaded when i was gone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #3050

May 2013
    1,204 Posts

That DDoS threat was pretty dumb

11. Post #3051
    February 2006
    46,058 Posts

But anyhoo, People really need to read the stickies....or get a possible ban!

Edit: I never said anything about Ddos or anything else for that matter! :D
    we don't take kindly to your type around here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

12. Post #3052
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,209 Posts
    I remember when I was as ignorant as this guy. Oh puberty, good times.

13. Post #3053
    July 2012
    854 Posts
    Going off topic is a reason to get a ban, isn't it?

14. Post #3054

April 2005
    18,213 Posts
    Going off topic is a reason to get a ban, isn't it?
    Depends. We usually just warn people for stuff like that, and that solves it.

Why do you ask?

15. Post #3055
    July 2012
    854 Posts
    Depends. We usually just warn people for stuff like that, and that solves it.

Why do you ask?
    Just curiosity, I remember seeing some people getting banned due to that, and the video really does have nothing to do with the thread.

16. Post #3056
    January 2013
    3,934 Posts
    Its good to have some curiosity

Stay Rusty
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #3057
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,016 Posts
    Congrats bilbasio, it seems like your site is now 100% injection-proof. However, you're not validating reason2 properly, so any text can be inserted there. Also, you probably shouldn't have revealed on page 67 that your 000webhost username is a7156798, the database is a7156798_rust and the table is unban, but fortunately 000webhost recently patched the net2ftp exploit where you could log into anyone's FTP if you knew their username.
    Yeah well the entire thing wasn't supposed to be safe

Edited:

Wow, my website is actually back on

Edited:

There's some pretty funny new submissions actually

18. Post #3058
    1:50 - is it just me or did he say "temperature tantrum"?

Edited:

Also, this thread is for postal versus the Rust idiots, but there's just something about garry bans that is irreplaceable.

19. Post #3059
    I really like to make music and do audio work, contact me if you need some yes?
    June 2013
    2,175 Posts
    well yeah, i'm not a part of the rust team. My main concern is the moderation of the facepunch forum, so of course that's all I'd address. But anyways, if you're gonna criticize a ban here don't you think it important to at least get the facts right so as not to blow things out of proportion? Telling people I banned you for more than twice as long as I really did and not mentioning what the ban reason said isn't very nice and has already gotten us several spammers joining the forums outraged I'd ban you for such a long time for seemingly no real reason. When you're banned, you're shown a page that lists the ban reason and the date it'll be lifted:

and I also linked to the public events page in my rules sticky. It'd be nice if you took advantage of the resources provided to you.

Your post was simply "I saw them noclip somehow, here's some pictures of chat logs to prove it" which proves nothing since people can easily change their name. It sure looked like you were just yet another person asking for vac bans to me, but if you had used the banned users forum like we told you to, we could've sorted this all. Regardless, you still would've been banned since the rules for that section ask you to detail how to do exploits/cheats in rust so they can be patched, and you really weren't at all. For all I could tell you were just making that all up. If you'd read my rules sticky in the main rust forum you'd see that I said for all random discussion of hackers to go into the hackers discussion thread I set aside for you guys. If you just want to talk about someone you think might be hacking but you can't prove it, go there. Especially since we're all very well aware of the noclip issue already. As for you saying you couldn't find the rules, well they were highlighted yellow, stuck to the top of the forums, and labeled as section rules to read before you post, so i dunno what more we could've done. Don't listen to what random posters tell you to do, go off the rules and what the moderators tell you to do, and if you're ever unsure of the rules then nothing is stopping you from talking to me.

I don't merge threads and move them around all the time because we have rules established already to tell people how the forum works. Unless someone asks me to or they apologize in the thread or if its a new rule/subforum, if they haven't read the rules and fuck something up then I give them a temporary ban to get them to start paying attention and take it upon themselves to learn the rules. We're one of the largest forums on the net (MUCH larger than the ones you mentioned), we need people to not be lazy and learn how this place runs themselves to prevent it being an absolute mess, but even then the ban will ALWAYS be removed once they use the banned forum to discuss it with me. or they can even just play it safe by talking to me before posting around the forums.
    I honestly think it's funny that he discredits this forum as a whole. One would think that if this forum is as big as it is and well up-kept, that people actually like it.

Let the Rust kids bitch, they're just bitter that they can't get away with anything on an internet forum for once.

Edited:

Also can we please not let them plague the main rust forum with clan recruitment threads, it's bad enough as it is. We don't need kiddies advertising their groups all the time, it doesn't seem appropriate.

20. Post #3060
    October 2012
    128 Posts
    Moderators are like strict parents, dull on the outside, but deep down they love us
    with all their hearts... (Except for the Rust kids)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #3061
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    4,497 Posts
    Facepunch mods aren't even that strict. They legit just enforce the rules they say they're going to enforce, and it's not even like they're even unreasonable rules or hard to follow in any way. Getting banned is USUALLY your own ineptitude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27 (list)

22. Post #3062
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,627 Posts
    That video got posted on the games subreddit, and its the top post right now.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...tuber_hacking/

I'm sure this will be good.

23. Post #3063
    June 2013
    2,175 Posts

Postal you better hit this guy up, he's got some serious photographic evidence of bannable offenses to show you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 27 (list)

24. Post #3064
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    8,442 Posts
    Postal you better hit this guy up, he's got some serious photographic evidence of bannable offenses to show you.
    Good thing too, it's not like we have some sort of repository where we can keep posts until such a time that they are deleted or forgotten about....

25. Post #3065
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    10,138 Posts
    Squad? Is that what we're calling Clans these days?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #3066
    I agree. Prone would make alot of difference. be able to pretend you are sleeping...

kill it with fire
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #3067

April 2005
    18,213 Posts
    I honestly think it's funny that he discredits this forum as a whole. One would think that if this forum is as big as it is and well up-kept, that people actually like it.
    I always find it funny when people say it's impossible to post without getting banned here, yet we're the 13th largest forum on the internet by posts. I'm not sure how that post count was calculated but I'd be curious to know if it takes into account the mass-deletion of all posts we did around 2007, because we might be even higher ranked then that lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Informative Informative x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #3068
    I always find it funny when people say it's impossible to post without getting banned here, yet we're the 12th largest forum on the internet by posts. I'm not sure how that post count was calculate but I'd be curious to know if it takes into account the mass-deletion of all posts we did around 2007, because we might be even higher ranked then that lol.
    It's impossible for them to post around here, because they don't understand why someone else's rules are more important than the ones they think every forum should follow. Of course, I'm just explaining your day to day experience as a mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #3069
    June 2013
    2,175 Posts
    I always find it funny when people say it's impossible to post without getting banned here, yet we're the 13th largest forum on the internet by posts. I'm not sure how that post count was calculate but I'd be curious to know if it takes into account the mass-deletion of all posts we did around 2007, because we might be even higher ranked then that lol.
    I haven't banned yet and I don't intend on it happening... though I'm sure it will happen eventually. You guys don't fuck around, and I appreciate that mentality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #3070
    I pulled my testicle out of my ballsack in my dreams
    May 2007
    9,499 Posts
    I always find it funny when people say it's impossible to post without getting banned here, yet we're the 13th largest forum on the internet by posts. I'm not sure how that post count was calculate but I'd be curious to know if it takes into account the mass-deletion of all posts we did around 2007, because we might be even higher ranked then that lol.
    Good thing that happened, I'd hate to see my posts when I was 14
    Never though I'd be 20 and still use this forum too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

31. Post #3071
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,241 Posts
    I haven't banned yet and I don't intend on it happening... though I'm sure it will happen eventually. You guys don't fuck around, and I appreciate that mentality.
    I lasted about 2 years. sometimes you just say something stupid and you pay the price.

32. Post #3072
    June 2013
    2,175 Posts

He criticizes the OP and then does the SAME EXACT THING in the same post. Ladies and gentleman I give you post of the year so far.

33. Post #3073
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,151 Posts
    I always find it funny when people say it's impossible to post without getting banned here, yet we're the 13th largest forum on the internet by posts. I'm not sure how that post count was calculated but I'd be curious to know if it takes into account the mass-deletion of all posts we did around 2007, because we might be even higher ranked then that lol.
    Wow, didn't think Facepunch was that big. That's pretty interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 29 (list)

34. Post #3074
    I haven't deleted my livejournal yet. I don't even want to look at it. Parts are fine, other parts are instant death cringe.

You're asking about vanilla shared doors, I'm going to tell you all about modded shared doors and pretend they're the same thing. I'm heeeelpiiiiing~!

35. Post #3075
    February 2006
    46,058 Posts
    I'm 20 and started when I was about 13

Facepunch has genuinely been a huge part of my teens
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #3076
    FIGHTING FOR YOUR RIGHT TO SHITPOST IN POLIDICKS
    February 2007
    33,174 Posts
    The reputation for FP's strictness comes from two things: Rules are actually enforced unlike the vast majority of other forums, and bans are handled as warnings, which is fine but for some reason people think not being able to post on FP for 3/5/7 days is tyrannical Russian-style bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

37. Post #3077
    I make avatars and stuff!
    July 2009
    2,856 Posts
    I just went back to my second ban (I was 15) its so embarrassing.

38. Post #3078
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    21,941 Posts
    reddit's /r/games found out about that Rust LPer ban video

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1w4utn/youtuber_catches_another_larger_youtuber_hacking/

the top comment:
    Got banned for calling out hackers/cheaters? Isn't this the same thing that happened to the players who were involved with WarZ?

I thought Facepunch was better than this. That's a little sad. This is why I'm hesitant to get games like Rust. A bunch of people with psychopathic tendencies just letting it all out. Also a lot of disgusting behaviour too as seen here.

From my time on the forums when rust was still new, the mods on the official forums? Are the most immature, contemptous, least suited people for moderation of such a high traffic forum as I could imagine. It's like the place is policed by 13-year-olds.

In the short time I cared to visit they broke so many rules of responsible moderation I can't count them. Editing people's thread titles to mock them, deleting posts with no warning, bans for the slightest things, and when they did post it read like the worst of 4chan. They delighted in provoking responses and made no effort to dissuade people from getting angry.

The mods banned so many legitimate users that they made me hesitant to post anything on the forums and made me regret my purchase of rust. It sickens me to have supported a company that treats its customers this way. I don't want them to fawn over their customer base simply because they paid them $25, that's distasteful, but this is the opposite of the spectrum.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...acking/ceyr9m8

edit:
    and after a reddit user "woovie" defends fp from the comment above:

You are either a mod on that forum or have never seen a well moderated forum. Rust has a shit forum, and shit mods. You are pretty ignorant if you can't see that.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...acking/ceys3qs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

39. Post #3079
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    11,543 Posts
    I'm glad that my worst looking ban was more than two years ago, in the OIFY, and quoting somebody who got unbanned.

Still looks pretty bad though.

40. Post #3080
    Avian genetic specimen extraction specialist
    January 2007
    9,533 Posts
    Aw fuck I was gonna post that exact comment.

Postal is literally the worst of 4chan (Cuz 4chan is scary I'm 14 I don't want my mom coming in on me looking at pictures of penises she might try to pray the gay away)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)