1. Post #1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 28Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    Weren't they going to put a mall map into CS:GO? What happened to that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    25,424 Posts
    Huh, so Cobble was meant to be a castle? Or was that a redesign?

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,049 Posts
    It was more like a "Chateau" if I remember right the map description, but yeah, it could fit a castle.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,332 Posts
    It was more like a "Chateau" if I remember right the map description
    I forgot wheter or not Cbble was a museum or a mansion owned by the lord who also owned de_chateau

The description said, I think, that after losing de_chateau to terrorists, the lord wants to have at least this one mansion protected

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    23,791 Posts
    I forgot wheter or not Cbble was a museum or a mansion owned by the lord who also owned de_chateau

The description said, I think, that after losing de_chateau to terrorists, the lord wants to have at least this one mansion protected
    There's lore in Counter-Strike?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 34Funny Funny x 18 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    11,127 Posts
    I thought Piranesi was the museum?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #8
    wtf am i reading
    June 2010
    16,269 Posts
    Where did you get that from?

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,193 Posts
    I always thought Cbble was the least interesting map visually in CSS, there was just no detail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

10. Post #10
    November 2012
    4,851 Posts
    There's lore in Counter-Strike?
    I think Condition Zero added some in, not sure though

11. Post #11
    Paid for a title.
    June 2005
    6,175 Posts
    Fuck yeah cbble
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 37Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    1,841 Posts
    I have a feeling that you're thinking of Tactical Intervention, the game made by the original creator of Counter Strike.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member

August 2009
    2,482 Posts
    Hmm Valve making an Overpass map reminds me of dm_overpass, that was a great HL2 DM map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    I have a feeling that you're thinking of Tactical Intervention, the game made by the original creator of Counter Strike.
    If anything, I'm thinking of Left 4 Dead 2. Although I am 99% sure I mean CS:GO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,235 Posts
    I think Condition Zero added some in, not sure though
    All I learned from CZ was that the bot Maverick was a badass and a loose cannon who never followed your voice commands, yet saved the team on multiple occasions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,547 Posts
    What does cbble means? In my head I always pronounce it c'bubble (wiz a strong french accent btw).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    What does cbble means? In my head I always pronounce it c'bubble (wiz a strong french accent btw).
    Just a shortening of the word Cobble.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

18. Post #18
    June 2013
    759 Posts
    Just a shortening of the word Cobble.
    Don't take my word for this, because I can't confirm or deny that this is true.

The reason it's 'cbble', instead of 'cobble', is because wayyyy back when, when the map first made, files had a character limit of 8. That was before the WinXP days.

19. Post #19
    July 2013
    7,717 Posts
    Bring back 747 and Vegas

old school vibes those were.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,951 Posts
    Can't wait to see what the overpass map will look like, to be honest.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    32,081 Posts
    hoping cache and agency get permanently added to the game along with overpass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,076 Posts
    Overpass looks fucking amazing.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,951 Posts
    Can't wait to see what the overpass map will look like, to be honest.
    Oh wait, pictures of the map were already available in a link on that page.

Looks pretty damn neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 14 (list)

24. Post #24
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    9,375 Posts
    Don't take my word for this, because I can't confirm or deny that this is true.

The reason it's 'cbble', instead of 'cobble', is because wayyyy back when, when the map first made, files had a character limit of 8. That was before the WinXP days.
    Pretty sure the filename limit was 12 characters. Anyway, Valve really ought to add that O on the the map's name for GO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Internet Detective in BRICK (HBIED certified)
    May 2007
    13,265 Posts
    Yay, new maps! I just started playing and I love this game.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    9,182 Posts
    Pretty sure the filename limit was 12 characters. Anyway, Valve really ought to add that O on the the map's name for GO.
    de_gobble
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Rad Cult Member
    December 2007
    4,935 Posts
    this is cool really cool, glad they're doing this

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    15,084 Posts
    Oh wait, pictures of the map were already available in a link on that page.

Looks pretty damn neat.
    Valve can make some really pretty map for their size.

29. Post #29
    April 2009
    534 Posts
    Cobblestone

According to Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, the official long name of this map is Cobblestone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,539 Posts
    I thought this was finally gonna be de_vostok, there have been models for it in sdk since csgo came out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)