1. Post #3641
    November 2013
    1,623 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13Winner Winner x 3 (list)

2. Post #3642
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,024 Posts
    To heck with it, I'm removing the buttons. It got really cluttered anyway.

maybe its me, but being able to tie that vest would be a rather imposble thing to do since the buttons arent really attached to the right side of the vest. neither is your reference, aparently.

there is nothing that implies that one of the edges is placed above the other with enough room for the buttonholes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #3643
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,133 Posts
    Blender breaks some smooth edges when importing, right?
    If I imported, exported, and imported again the same model, would there be any difference between the 1st and second time its imported?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3644
    April 2011
    339 Posts
    had some free time so I recompiled this to replace a few hats and pack for release..., hopefully I didn't mess up

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

5. Post #3645
    WnR

June 2013
    778 Posts
    If I imported, exported, and imported again the same model, would there be any difference between the 1st and second time its imported?
    Pretty sure both imports will lack any hard edges.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #3646
    November 2011
    585 Posts
    There would be no difference since the edgesplit was never actually applied. Every time you export you just have to apply the edgesplit modifier. After you press export, just undo. That is what I do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

7. Post #3647
    August 2013
    1,952 Posts
    I work off the .blend file, then export the smd file to view changes in the importer. That way I can keep Mirror/Edge Split/Whatever modifiers on it but not applied. They are applied upon export to the smd but not the blend file. Mirror modifier flips the rigging as well, so that's pretty handy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #3648
    March 2013
    364 Posts
    Le final version...I PROMISE.

I need some assistance with the knits (wool) version's texture. I also scrapped the hat for medic, heavy and spy. So yea...also gimme some crits. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #3649
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    4,038 Posts
    maybe its me, but being able to tie that vest would be a rather imposble thing to do since the buttons arent really attached to the right side of the vest. neither is your reference, aparently.

there is nothing that implies that one of the edges is placed above the other with enough room for the buttonholes.
    The buttons are attached to the left (from this view) side of the vest, and the right side is on top of the left. It's like that on the reference, and also in the pic you posted.

Keep in mind that it's not textured yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

10. Post #3650
    July 2011
    202 Posts
    Could anyone fix This http://tf2.gamebanana.com/skins/111412 Knife skin? the team colors are messed up
    (Download in the comments)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

11. Post #3651
    Can't Keep Johnny Down
    April 2009
    2,445 Posts

Have a mod release, if you want it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #3652
    March 2012
    1,428 Posts

Thanks for the great early bday presents twice in a row valve :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Winner Winner x 13Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

13. Post #3653
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,133 Posts
    Are there .blend cosmetics?
    I want to relocate/edit some of them to fit my custom player model, but I don't want to unsmooth them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

14. Post #3654
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,715 Posts
    Yeah i agree, it has the same colors as the Scorchshot. One more good reason to try to find a neat palette.

inb4 detonator   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3655
    NSF Sympathizer
    January 2012
    4,038 Posts
    Does anyone have any tips on making SFM versions of items? Like, re-rigged versions that fit the HWM models? I've tried but mdldecompiler doesn't want to decompile the HWM models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

16. Post #3656
    January 2010
    1,717 Posts
    Tried atleast 3 times to do something like that, and every time the handle was floating, i've always hated that scout weapons require really big handles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

17. Post #3657
    March 2013
    364 Posts
    Does anyone have any tips on making SFM versions of items? Like, re-rigged versions that fit the HWM models? I've tried but mdldecompiler doesn't want to decompile the HWM models.
    Use both a HWM model and a player model. Make two seperate renders one with only the HWM model visible and another one with only the player model visible. Then just bring two of them into photoshop, and clear the head of the player model and voila! I hope this helps.

P.S I might make video tutorial on this if you don't understand.

Edited:

Le final version...I PROMISE.

Alright let's have a vote

= Make a wool version.
    = This is good enough. No need to make a wool version.
    = I dunno?

EDIT : Agree wins the vote.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 12Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #3658
    October 2010
    1,126 Posts
    could you do the same concept with a winchester m1887 sawed off please ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

19. Post #3659
    November 2012
    656 Posts
    I changed it a bit according to some feedback, added more polies, made the feather bigger and adjusted the positioning of it. Now for a vote:

= Attach the teeth to the hat
    = Leave the teeth magically attached
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 23Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3660
    June 2012
    102 Posts
    We have a hat with muffler. why don't we have a hat with clothes this time?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Funny x 32Winner x 16Agree x 1Disagree x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #3661
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    1,992 Posts

This has to be done, just once and perfectly done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

22. Post #3662
    BADGERPIG
    May 2010
    4,906 Posts

would probably work better if the coat details were made a bit bigger, the belt, buttons and lapels seem rather itty bitty atm.

maybe have the belt at the very bottom like the band on an ordinary hat and fill out the above area more with the other details
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3663
    April 2011
    339 Posts
    awesome idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Mexico Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #3664
    January 2013
    1,163 Posts

something i was working on based off of an ages old concept by Miles Pyrower
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

25. Post #3665
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,364 Posts
    Shoutout to Coltey for his new medic items lining up in the workshop
    Late but

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

26. Post #3666
    March 2013
    364 Posts
    Any final thoughts on this before I submit it to the workshop?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

27. Post #3667
    November 2012
    740 Posts

That white on the rim of the hat sticks out like a sore thumb, perhaps something that will blend a bit easier with the hat? (Or is that the paintable part and I'm being silly?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Agree Agree x 6Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #3668
    March 2013
    364 Posts
    That white on the rim of the hat sticks out like a sore thumb, perhaps something that will blend a bit easier with the hat? (Or is that the paintable part and I'm being silly?)
    It's supposed to be fur ._.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #3669
    November 2012
    740 Posts
    not all fur is white, but shiiiit I couldn't even tell it was fur to begin with. (not to be rude, but yeah)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #3670
    August 2013
    1,952 Posts

Why'd you decide to scrap it for Heavy Medic and Spy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

31. Post #3671
    November 2012
    740 Posts
    He probably didn't, he is just showing those classes for now.

jeee three posts how about i sit back and watch for a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #3672
    March 2013
    364 Posts
    They looked weird with the hat. Sure it didn't look AS weird as the previous version, but they still looked weird either way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #3673
    June 2012
    102 Posts
    would probably work better if the coat details were made a bit bigger, the belt, buttons and lapels seem rather itty bitty atm.

maybe have the belt at the very bottom like the band on an ordinary hat and fill out the above area more with the other details
    How about now?

Edited:

Claimed by JZeeba!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Korea, Republic of Show Events Agree Agree x 8Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #3674
    December 2013
    88 Posts
    Well, at least someone. Please do the Lugermorph reload fix. It inserted air for 3 years without any fix.
    I hope someone is doing this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #3675
    August 2013
    1,952 Posts
    They looked weird with the hat. Sure it didn't look AS weird as the previous version, but they still looked weird either way.
    I'd still include them, some people might still like them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

36. Post #3676
    Gold Member
    December 2012
    1,992 Posts
    Avoid solid and highly saturated colors while texturing, they don't quite fit the rest of the game.

I found this nice palette a days ago while researching on the game's texturing style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

37. Post #3677
    March 2013
    364 Posts
    I'd still include them, some people might still like them.
    Urgh. Fine ._.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #3678
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,024 Posts
    Avoid solid and highly saturated colors while texturing, they don't quite fit the rest of the game.

I found this nice palette a days ago while researching on the game's texturing style.
    to add on the subject, the purpose of the game's color watch is to provide an easy way to identify a hierachy on the palette, and how much of each one should be on screen at any given time. larger areas should always try to focus on the team colors, while smaller ones and details should focus on using the smaller tones

this is, of course, how characters were built and not necesary has to be considered when making cosmetics, since they are mostly an exception to the rule.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #3679
    August 2013
    1,952 Posts
    Urgh. Fine ._.
    Up to you, it's your item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

40. Post #3680
    March 2013
    364 Posts
    Up to you, it's your item.
    hmmm. Why not a another vote time?

= Make it all class bitch.
    = Ugly ones go out.
    = I don't care.

EDIT : All class won. Will make adjustments by tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 20Agree Agree x 5 (list)