1. Post #1521
    July 2010
    129 Posts
    The Oculus Gift:

Votes are appreciated
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=202160583
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 15Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

2. Post #1522
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,725 Posts
    Really really clever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

3. Post #1523
    August 2011
    1,073 Posts
    You are making me so happy by making this
    The bad news, doesn't work too well with hats.
    The good news, eye miscs seem to work fine. Though I haven't tried them all.

Going to try to fix up the back of his neck, then work on a better texture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 2 (list)

4. Post #1524
    August 2013
    9,711 Posts
    just sitting here with blender and photoshop open

no project loaded

trying to think of a hat

since this is basicially the last chance to get an item ready

Edited:

The bad news, doesn't work too well with hats.
    The good news, eye miscs seem to work fine. Though I haven't tried them all.

Going to try to fix up the back of his neck, then work on a better texture.
    you could always modify valves wood/bush textures, or at least draw inspiration from there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #1525
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,312 Posts
    Mod releases before I forget:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 22Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #1526
    Gold Member

August 2013
    116 Posts
    Vote here

yay, beards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

7. Post #1527
    July 2013
    200 Posts
    I have another problem. When i see ubercharged players in red team they actually shows with shine and cubemaps but on blu team doesn't, what might be causing this problem?
    Anyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Mexico Show Events

8. Post #1528
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,865 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 16Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #1529
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,479 Posts
    they're mutton chops, neither of you came up with them to begin with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27 (list)

10. Post #1530
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,865 Posts
    True.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

11. Post #1531
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,422 Posts
    I never even thought that one was mutton chops I assumed it was some really weird facial hair style I'd never heard of
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brunei Darussalam Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #1532
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,345 Posts

We still need to get our stache gold star'd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #1533
    January 2006
    18,312 Posts
    The new one fits the style of other meshes in the game much better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

14. Post #1534
    August 2013
    1,952 Posts
    Yeah, you're using $translucent, which has this inherent property of layering issues. It looks like you still have tons of polys to work with - would it be easier to scrap transparency altogether?
    Ah, I could just make it a second material, not sure why I'm just now thinking of that. But ditching the transparency for more polys won't work. I originally modeled it that way and ended up with like 1600 tris from the web/mesh part of the shoe. Right now you see that mesh from above but from below it's just 3 planes that I'm trying to get the holes to be transparent since you only barely see the bottom when he's running. Adding it as a second material should work though. Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

15. Post #1535
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    2,133 Posts
    How does the scout hat (when he's hatless) disappear when he equips a hat?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events

16. Post #1536
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    8,862 Posts
    Mod releases before I forget:

Fix steam workshop links. They are wrong. Golden directs me to Short Shako and Shako to Golden.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #1537
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,345 Posts
    The new one fits the style of other meshes in the game much better
    I agree completely.
    Been meaning to redo mine as there are facial hair items in game that i can look at now, and I'm better now than I was then. but I never finish anything any way, and it seems even starting some times is impossible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

18. Post #1538
    August 2013
    488 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 30Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #1539
    June 2012
    1,380 Posts
    As cool of an item this is, there's no way that's getting in without some significant changes to the color of the jacket. You should try to incorporate colors from the original heavy's outfit onto this jacket or at least add some more red to the jacket.

From a purely "recreation of the comic jacket" perspective this is a excellent item, but from an "item players actually wear" perspective this needs a lot of work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25 (list)

20. Post #1540
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,422 Posts
    How does the scout hat (when he's hatless) disappear when he equips a hat?
    Bodygroups that are toggled through schema

Edited:

As cool of an item this is, there's no way that's getting in without some significant changes to the color of the jacket first. You should try to incorporate colors from the original heavy's outfit onto this jacket or at least add some more red to the jacket.

From a purely "recreation of the comic jacket" perspective this is a excellent item, but from a "item players actually wear" perspective this needs a lot of work.
    Agreed, put this version on SFM workshop and then remake it with gameplay in mind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

21. Post #1541
    January 2013
    1,163 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #1542
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,237 Posts
    It rests a bit too high on soldier's head, making it look like soldier has a really tall forehead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1543
    August 2013
    488 Posts
    As cool of an item this is, there's no way that's getting in without some significant changes to the color of the jacket first. You should try to incorporate colors from the original heavy's outfit onto this jacket or at least add some more red to the jacket.

From a purely "recreation of the comic jacket" perspective this is a excellent item, but from an "item players actually wear" perspective this needs a lot of work.
    Yea I expected a reaction like this. The concept of this item distrubs the appearance of the heavy anyway so I didn't see there a way to make rather "item players actually wear"-able. I guess the team of SFM workshop is rather pleased about this item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #1544
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,289 Posts
    Anyone know of jigglebone commands similar to the barnstormer's by any chance?

cheers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

25. Post #1545
    April 2013
    9,481 Posts
    Yea I expected a reaction like this. The concept of this item distrubs the appearance of the heavy anyway so I didn't see there a way to make rather "item players actually wear"-able. I guess the team of SFM workshop is rather pleased about this item.
    If you can go back and rework this item, then youŽll get a really good submission.
    Right now, it is only good for SFM and Gmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1546
    August 2013
    9,711 Posts
    GG NO RE team colors
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

27. Post #1547
    January 2006
    18,312 Posts
    Anyone know of jigglebone commands similar to the barnstormer's by any chance?

cheers

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...-decompile.exe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #1548
    March 2013
    396 Posts
    You could have appropriated the color/design for the TF2 version rather than just lifted the entire design from the comic?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #1549
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    3,335 Posts
    I just had a thought that someone should make a train looking scatter gun to replace the sodapopper, so I can have a hype train.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Zing Zing x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #1550
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    2,364 Posts

Them lovely promos be made by xASTRIXx.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 26Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

31. Post #1551
    December 2012
    186 Posts

The Polar Opposite

The Arctic Essentials

The Blizzard Blocker

The Frostguard

The Snowstorm

The Figure-8

The Glacial Gouger

In case anyone brings it up, we started working on this before Sparkwire posted about his set.
    mod releases? :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #1552
    November 2012
    656 Posts
    mod releases? :D
    Soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1553
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,897 Posts
    So, quick vote then?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 27Agree Agree x 6 (list)

34. Post #1554
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts
    Old Mann Winter
    Donhonk / Void
    Heavy has been out in cold too long.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 17Artistic Artistic x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #1555
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,422 Posts
    I like to keep everything one color because you'll find a lot of colors don't go well with blue/red
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events

36. Post #1556
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    9,336 Posts
    I know this get's brought up quite a bit and usually people disagree, but i really think it might be better if it covered the Soldier's eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1557
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,725 Posts

Woot! My first model completely by me in a long time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

38. Post #1558
    September 2011
    795 Posts

"The item is either marked as hidden or you do not have permission to view it"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #1559
    August 2013
    9,711 Posts
    love it, but the link is broken
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

40. Post #1560
    fuck you inspecter I do what I want
    August 2009
    10,274 Posts
    Old Mann Winter
    Donhonk / Void