1. Post #81

August 2017
    1 Posts
    I hate over exhadurated punishments and ban appeal denials...
    Today I got banned because a cop rda'd me 30 times and I said "I'm gonna expose you at joey salads *youtube link*"
    It was a perma ban,and they denied it lmao.
    Plus the 8 year olds that raid you and all you're doing is growing carrots,and you tell him that you have nothing for him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Bosnia and Herzegovina Show Events Late Late x 4 (list)

2. Post #82
    November 2015
    588 Posts
    People who call Random Arrest RDA. It's not Random Arrest.

NLR.

37 unused playermodels.

Want a totally overpowered job w/ a Davy Crockett? $15, please!

Picking favorites, staff wise.

Some guy who payed $20 6 days ago has more say over the person who's played for 6 months.

Cookie cutter printers. Get some other ways to make money that's not illegal or mining.

Advertising your illegal raiding activity to the entire server for no reason other than the fact that every other fucking server that exists does it.

Same with mugging.

"Respect others" as a rule. No, fuck you.

"No mic unless you're over 16" Why do you have obvious 11 year olds on the microphone then?

7,107 jobs. 7,100 are VIP only.

"Come visit our forums! x.enjin.com/x.freeforums.com/x.000webhost.com"

There's a lot more, I can't be fucked to think about them right now.

3. Post #83
    October 2016
    316 Posts
    DarkRP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Chrome Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    June 2014
    5 Posts
    -Zero originality in map choice. Finding a server not using Downtown/a Downtown edit is a challenge, despite there being so many better maps (city## maps are criminally underused, despite how well they'd work, e.g. industrial17 was incredibly unique and fun on DarkRP when I played a server I knew had it).

-Overly restrictive rules, like NLR that never existed before and never needed to exist. Raiding and even being raided was so much more intense without NLR, instead of raiders using guns that can wallbang 50 props at once and kill everyone inside, meaning they can take their sweet sweet time to collect with no threats (because police in DarkRP nowadays are a joke, leading to my next point)

-Police have been gimped to ludicrous extremes in my experience. They used to be the one force raiders were concerned about, but with a lot of server removing the arrest stick in favour of cuffs that require them to get behind a player, hold them still for 10 seconds, and not have said character resist in any way. They also usually have incredibly crap weapons compared to criminals (But you can't be a corrupt cop that has weapons from BMDs because that goes against rule #286 of our 300-page rulebook)

-Servers with 17 Petabytes of content that doesn't need to be there. Custom Content is fine within reason, but 70 TDM mods with 500 player models (All of which have extremely different art styles ruining any cohesive look Gmod has) burns retinas and data caps. Also makes joining new servers kill hard drive space and taking 5 hours just to get everything to load in and still have errors.

-Economies are just... nonexistent anymore. Every job has their own way of printing money like nobodys business so people don't need to interact to build up their bank. Drug Dealers in particular I miss, they used to be a way to get an edge during raids/raid defence to get money circulating but now they just sit in the corner of the map selling to an NPC as if they're in singleplayer.

-Everything gimped to make donating as appealing as possible. Bypass rules, get a massive advantage over other players and get OP jobs by paying huge bucks to the owners credit card. Cosmetic is fine by me since you need money to keep the server running but advantages are a no-no.

DarkRP is in a dark place right now, and it's sad. Used to be my favourite gamemode. I guess HL2:RP will have to fill the void in the time being.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #85

October 2016
    15 Posts
    RDM, NLR, Advertising raid and FearRP are all, in increasing order, god damn bullshit.
    Try running your shitty server without them. It will make your server less shitty.

Replace advertising raid with the demand that people who get raided should call the cops.
    Replace NLR with not NLR. Just stop giving a shit when someone kills their killer.
    Replace RDM with MassDM. Start getting an admin involved when someone's mass killing everyone.

And last but not least, FearRP. I don't know what cunt made that bullshit up. It's by far
    the most retarded rule. Get rid of it altogether. When a mugger walks up to a player
    and says "Mug, drop x or die", and the player runs away, have the mugger shoot the fucker.
    When the mugger calls an admin for "FearRP", just kick or ban the mugger for being a dumb,
    admin addicted cunt.

Also, people who say "Admin to me" in OOC chat without saying anything about their situation
    are to be kicked or at least yelled at very loudly. Fuck those people.

Stop putting people on roofs to interrogate them you god damn incompetent shit admins.
    Seriously, what use does a "roof session" ever have? Everyone /always/ lies. You don't get ANY information
    by interrogating people, ever. When someone reports a player for some rule they're breaking (and for fuck's sake,
    not the ones mentioned above), just start spectating the cunts and see if they do it again.
    If they do, ban the fuckers. If they don't, let the offense slip. Accept that shit may have happened once,
    but you didn't see it. Repeat offenders should not be on the server. People making one mistake
    should not be punished too harshly anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #86
    March 2017
    3 Posts
    No roleplay what so ever and the moment you try a 12 year old admin will ban you.

Funny story, I bothered to contact the owner (He was like 13) of said server and told him about his head admin being abusive. When I was talking with him in game the head admin picked me up and started screaming no and the owner did nothing.

7. Post #87
    April 2012
    102 Posts
    I set up a "Cop Bar" that sold "Real ale and cheap spirits" right next to the police station. Since the server had a day and night cycle the idea was that at night the Police could chill at the bar on their "off-hours".

Someone ran to the door and wrote in OOC for an admin and yelled at me to sell the door because Police couldn't own doors. I said "It's just good RP, man! Chill!"

A few moments later I'm teleported to a roof where the admin tells me to sell all the doors or I'll be kicked. I said, "You realise that this no door owning for cops rule actively inhibits RP?". He wasn't a bad guy, responded "Yeah, I know, but these are the rules. Suggest it on the forum if you want it changed."

So we've got here:
    1) Dumb server rules that actively prevent RP from occurring
    2) Someone ass kissing an admin (guess he wanted admin or something?)
    3) Admins who know the rules are dumb but have to stick to them

Seriously, what the hell happened to this gamemode?
    I used to hate it back in the day when servers used ridiculously bad UI addons and stupid things like scars or M9K weapons, now a 30 minute download and 40FPS is the norm. 90+ people on rp_downtown_v4c? No thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #88
    March 2017
    264 Posts
    Cop bar? That sounds nice and fun, really shame "rules" provoke things like that. Now-a-day Drp is only Raid raids, mugs kidnaps..

9. Post #89
    August 2017
    3 Posts
    The fact that I don't know how to play it yet!

10. Post #90
    September 2017
    3 Posts
    One word.

Players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #91
    November 2011
    152 Posts
    The players
    The clickbait server names
    Making you download 500mb+ worth of custom models when GMod's built in models could have done the trick fine
    Donator admins
    14 year old admins
    14 year old donator admins
    Retarded jobs (pet, SWAT sniper, ninja, etc)
    Jobs that make other jobs useless (burglars that spawn with guns and lockpicks when there's a black market/gun dealer job)
    Car addons on maps that don't work with cars (downtown)
    rp_downtown_v4c
    Awesomium's shitty server browser which makes starting a new community hard
    Shitty unoptimized GMODstore addons that shit up the server and rape client performance
    Pointshop

12. Post #92
    September 2017
    2 Posts
    I know that many of you hate DarkRP, and I can understand that, but I never heard a real reason from someone. Why do you hate DarkRP?
    Me, I first liked DarkRP and I have my own server, actually. I started this thread to find the main problems of DarkRP and try to avoid them on my server. I'm not going to advertise, though, don't ban me :c
    I played on a lot of servers, especially the RP Gaming one, but there were kids with mics everywhere (kids with mics should be banned from this world) and all the admins were abusing.
    I searched for some other DarkRP servers, but I found that they were all the same: squeakers, "donating" to get admin, rulebreakers and the staff not giving a fuck.
    So what do YOU hate about DarkRP?
    What i hate about DarkRP?
    -I hate child who don't know how to play RP!
    -I hate RDM | RDA
    -I hate servers who say they are unique while they are like any other

13. Post #93
    December 2016
    67 Posts
    It isn't even RP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #94

June 2017
    36 Posts
    Just got DDoSed by the owner of Creed Servers UK DarkRP for pointing out his VAC ban.
    Why are booters still so easy to get that even gmod kids can get them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    December 2016
    67 Posts
    Just got DDoSed by the owner of Creed Servers UK DarkRP for pointing out his VAC ban.
    Why are booters still so easy to get that even gmod kids can get them?
    Gmod has gotten this cancerous?

16. Post #96

June 2017
    36 Posts
    Gmod has gotten this cancerous?
    Gotten? It used to be way worse.
    If anything its improved now that the cheaters don't really have IP loggers. It's just the admins and owners who ddos people now

17. Post #97
    July 2016
    71 Posts
    Servers that load 500+ bloated mods to the point where walking through the streets is a 30fps +stutter experience

18. Post #98
    May 2012
    54 Posts
    i only play darkrp to minge and get banned with my friends

'tis a fun life

if i ever do it seriously though, then it's mostly the rulebreakers, yeah.

isn't that ironic and hypocritical ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    January 2017
    169 Posts
    Instead of NLR, respawn time is a good option.
    Make players not able to pull out an RPG out of their ass when they are in trouble in RP, make them actually value the risk of losing your weapons when the player is carrying an expensive weapon with them. Additionally make them lose money (not drop) when they die. Alternatively make them go to the bank for example to store their stuff. This'd get rid of FearRP.
    Making money with actual effort (such as a plant system where you need to actually water your plants and give them light). Would make the economy a bit better.
    CSS or HL2 models aren't actually that bad for some RP jobs, use them. Custom models aren't bad, but atleast keep them modest and see how big it is.
    Pets???????
    "Donate" to win??????? Make donating just harmless and cosmetic perks.
    Make the government actually deal with criminals, murders and all that.
    Stupid naming method. OwnerNameRP is not good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #100

September 2017
    11 Posts
    The amount of players it has,

actually the actual one is awful admins/mods.

21. Post #101
    January 2016
    154 Posts
    RP was never intended for Gmod, it's a sandbox building game ffs.
    I don't understand why RP fans don't take the Source engine and mod it into a game MEANT for RP'ing, with easy but expansive configuration and a "How2ModifyWithCoding/Scripting" manual included (only for 6.99$).

Source is like Hot Pockets, just microwave that shit and bam, you can even mish mash other flavors for a branched experience.

22. Post #102
    your lack of title is bothering me
    January 2013
    3,414 Posts
    RP was never intended for Gmod, it's a sandbox building game ffs.
    I don't understand why RP fans don't take the Source engine and mod it into a game MEANT for RP'ing, with easy but expansive configuration and a "How2ModifyWithCoding/Scripting" manual included (only for 6.99$).

Source is like Hot Pockets, just microwave that shit and bam, you can even mish mash other flavors for a branched experience.
    Let's be real by that same argument different gamemodes like Prop Hunt, TTT, or any of the others shouldn't exist because it's a "sandbox building game".

The whole point is that the game is one big modifiable base for users to do whatever they want with.

23. Post #103
    January 2016
    154 Posts
    Let's be real by that same argument different gamemodes like Prop Hunt, TTT, or any of the others shouldn't exist because it's a "sandbox building game".

The whole point is that the game is one big modifiable base for users to do whatever they want with.
    Maybe some other gamemodes work better, but DarkRP is really hard to manage (It's very similar to Sandbox). Clockwork/NutScript does a terrific job at implementing character attributes, bios and an MOTD "cleanser" depending on the configuration.

Someone here on Facepunch is buffing NutScript for free, so hopefully we can replace DarkRP

24. Post #104
    January 2013
    3,414 Posts
    Maybe some other gamemodes work better, but DarkRP is really hard to manage (It's very similar to Sandbox). Clockwork/NutScript does a terrific job at implementing character attributes, bios and an MOTD "cleanser" depending on the configuration.

Someone here on Facepunch is buffing NutScript for free, so hopefully we can replace DarkRP
    DarkRP is only supposed to serve as a really light RP gamemode, however users have utilized it (poorly in most cases) as a "cover all" base.

It's so easy to get up and going which is why it's seen more than anything else. Plus it's easy to join a server and get right into it versus a lot of the Nutscript and such which are slower paced.

25. Post #105
    January 2016
    154 Posts
    DarkRP is only supposed to serve as a really light RP gamemode, however users have utilized it (poorly in most cases) as a "cover all" base.

It's so easy to get up and going which is why it's seen more than anything else. Plus it's easy to join a server and get right into it versus a lot of the Nutscript and such which are slower paced.
    But RP in Gmod nowadays is treated as a fast paced shoot-if-you-can unrealistic DM gamemode. DarkRP servers just scream "MONEY PLS" (Most of them) while gamemodes heavily based on actual roleplay are just left to rot because they aren't interesting enough for the minds of 10 year old crackheads.

26. Post #106
    January 2013
    3,414 Posts
    But RP in Gmod nowadays is treated as a fast paced shoot-if-you-can unrealistic DM gamemode. DarkRP servers just scream "MONEY PLS" (Most of them) while gamemodes heavily based on actual roleplay are just left to rot because they aren't interesting enough for the minds of 10 year old crackheads.
    That is essentially what my post pointed out - that DarkRP is used as a base for everything. Like I also said it's easy for people to jump into and their attention spans are short, so they're going to just mess around like that.

It's not really RP.

27. Post #107
    October 2017
    20 Posts
    It's not RP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    February 2014
    231 Posts
    The fact I have to disable downloading custom content to even get on the servers because it takes too long to download all the hundreds of custom models and star wars lightsabers.

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,336 Posts
    the community tends to be garbage and also the biggest thing wrong with it. i used to host a darkRP server with strict enforcement of rules along with a light RP policy and it was a truly magical experience, but unfortunately, that magical experience doesn't involve farming money and raiding all day, so it wasn't very popular by comparison to the servers that take motherfucking hours to log into

30. Post #110
    July 2012
    1,550 Posts
    It's not RP.
    *it isn't serious RP

it used to be a lighthearted game of cops and robbers and poisoner chefs and insane dictator mayors and mafiosi with terrible Italian accents and armies of micspamming hobos, and then people must started taking it eway too fuckin seriously and it became absolutely awful

31. Post #111
    November 2017
    12 Posts
    Mostly your standard fare shitbags:

- Mingebags
    - RDMers
    - RDAers
    - Dickbags
    - Other general absurd riffraff

That being stated, however, I have had good experiences on some DarkRP servers. If you want a balls-to-the-wall cancer experience, TitsRP is a cool place, my dudes.

the community tends to be garbage and also the biggest thing wrong with it. i used to host a darkRP server with strict enforcement of rules along with a light RP policy and it was a truly magical experience, but unfortunately, that magical experience doesn't involve farming money and raiding all day, so it wasn't very popular by comparison to the servers that take motherfucking hours to log into
    Not saying this is you, but I have found quite a few shady owners that did rather suspicious things with donations or people who handed them money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #112

June 2012
    15 Posts
    I hate all these gmodstore copy and paste servers that are all laggy overloaded servers. Not enough people adjust the serverside and clientside interpolation variables for the optimal networking between the client and server at high player volumes.

33. Post #113
    November 2017
    19 Posts
    Not enough people adjust the serverside and clientside interpolation variables for the optimal networking between the client and server at high player volumes.
    they don't really need to - what would you suggest they change them to and why?

34. Post #114

September 2015
    62 Posts
    You know what's funny, the point behind my server was to directly avoid everything that people say make DarkRP the shitfest that it is today, without any stupid bullshit like vapes or donators running around at 300% runspeed. It never got off the ground, though, after having been up for years, even though it seemed as if it would be appreciated by the mature part of the community (people like the users in this thread, etc.)

35. Post #115
    January 2012
    1,299 Posts
    You know what's funny, the point behind my server was to directly avoid everything that people say make DarkRP the shitfest that it is today, without any stupid bullshit like vapes or donators running around at 300% runspeed. It never got off the ground, though, after having been up for years, even though it seemed as if it would be appreciated by the mature part of the community (people like the users in this thread, etc.)
    nobody mature still plays darkrp so you were pandering to an audience that never existed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #116

September 2015
    62 Posts
    nobody mature still plays darkrp so you were pandering to an audience that never existed
    That's what I thought until I saw people in this thread, so my lost hope was regained

37. Post #117
    November 2017
    19 Posts
    sounds like a boring server tbh

38. Post #118

September 2015
    62 Posts
    sounds like a boring server tbh
    Doesn't need to have hundreds of workshop add-ons to be fun, it was a blast that one time we got six players on lmao

39. Post #119

June 2012
    15 Posts
    they don't really need to - what would you suggest they change them to and why?
    The way source handles networking is based on the speed of old internet connections. Makes sense because the game is old, but you can optimize the networking between server and client to make use of modern throughput of equipment. Not saying that the default values are bad, but I always like to try to improve things and networking was always something interesting to play with for me at least. Check out this page.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...yer_Networking

40. Post #120
    November 2017
    19 Posts
    The way source handles networking is based on the speed of old internet connections. Makes sense because the game is old, but you can optimize the networking between server and client to make use of modern throughput of equipment. Not saying that the default values are bad, but I always like to try to improve things and networking was always something interesting to play with for me at least. Check out this page.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...yer_Networking
    Modern games still use interpolation, it's not primarily implemented because of networking restrictions on old connections. You haven't actually suggested what you'd change what values to.

It's not very useful to point out an issue and not suggest any specific ways to improve. If you want to help improve the issue, what values to you suggest are set to what, and why?