1. Post #1
    April 2011
    890 Posts

Welcome to Trove™, an open-ended voxel adventure through countless realms filled with quests, chests, and enemies great and small.
    Explore and create your way through fully buildable/destructible worlds where your next discovery is always around the corner, under the surface, or over the crafting table.
    We're launching Trove in alpha so we can develop openly and collaboratively with you earlier than ever before.
    Your adventure begins with one click. Sign up for alpha. We can’t wait to see what you'll create!

The Vision
    Our vision with Trove was simple: create a game that generates exciting new worlds on a regular basis, has free-form exploration that makes going through a mountain as rewarding as going over it, and enables community contributions to significantly impact the game.
    Then we took that core, made it persistent and accessible, and added in some of our favorite action RPG elements: you can adventure through unlimited dungeon variations, discover an endlessly increasing supply of loot, and harvest resources to craft a variety of useful and powerful items.
    Finally, we added the ability to create your very own trans-dimensional home. This base persists across worlds and servers, is completely customizable, and will grow and travel with you throughout your adventures. The result? You’ll own a part of Trove no matter where we go or how the game evolves.

Where will you go?
    New worlds are never the same; each holds unique combinations of environments and resources to discover.
    Worlds vanish or renew as quest objectives are completed – every click of the play button offers a new journey in Trove!
    Procedurally generated dungeons are full of surprises and rewards.

What will you find?
    Complete quests tied to the story of Trove and defeat world bosses to claim handsome rewards.
    Earn loot, customize your character, and level up.
    Swap your class and abilities while playing to fit any adventure.
    Craft an endless variety of useful and powerful items.

What will you build?
    Create your own Cornerstone, a home base you’ll take from world to world.
    Contribute to the game by creating new weapons, creatures, and environments.
    Your creations can appear in your worlds… and others!

Links
    Official Website

Support Trove

Trove: A Massive Multiverse Adventure (Video)

Trove Wiki

Trove Reddit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb x 25Informative x 7Winner x 6Funny x 3Optimistic x 2Disagree x 2Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,184 Posts
    Looks kind of cool, I'll check it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 13Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Facepunch Staff
    March 2010
    2,862 Posts
    Cube World made by people that actually know what they're doing, pretty much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 32Zing Zing x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,158 Posts
    layla unblock me on steam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny x 93Disagree x 7Agree x 3Dumb x 2Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Fuck You, Laren Faust
    July 2009
    1,856 Posts
    Am I the only one who thinks the minecraft clones need to stop?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 39Agree Agree x 23Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Sexist
    July 2006
    7,714 Posts
    Don't know whether to be excited or angry that this looks and sounds EXACTLY like Cube World

I thought this was Wollay renaming Cube World and announcing it till I read into it

7. Post #7
    Facepunch Staff
    March 2010
    2,862 Posts
    Don't know whether to be excited or angry that this looks and sounds EXACTLY like Cube World
    I don't know why you would be angry. This is being made by professionals in the industry, not some german programmer that wanted to do everything himself and refused any help. These games are popular because they're easy to make. I just want something fun to play, I don't care who steals ideas, if you can even call it stealing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2013
    1,175 Posts
    I don't know why you would be angry. This is being made by professionals in the industry, not some german programmer that wanted to do everything himself and refused any help. These games are popular because they're easy to make. I just want something fun to play, I don't care who steals ideas, if you can even call it stealing.
    Honestly, I'd take the most fun and derivative game ever over the most original yet boring one. There's nothing wrong with taking the first highly-popular example of a genre or gameplay style (Minecraft) and improving upon it to make an even better game. What IS wrong is blatantly copying it with no real improvements whatsoever for a quick buck (I:SS/WarZ imitator vs. DayZ original).

So really, if you're gonna "steal" someone else's work, make like a crafty student and add your own flair and improvements to it. That way, it's so much better than the original that yours overshadows it, or at least gets its own attention.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

9. Post #9
    Puuurple
    May 2008
    19,797 Posts
    This is being made by professionals in the industry, not some german programmer that wanted to do everything himself and refused any help.
    Why are you being so harsh towards Wollay? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Facepunch Staff
    March 2010
    2,862 Posts
    Just saying that a team of professionals will be able to make a better experience. Cube World could have been much more if he just accepted the help that was given to him. You're right though it's a little harsh but still true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,652 Posts
    Because at the moment it is pretty clear Wollay bit off way more than he can chew. I know the ddos was discouraging but you can't just drop off the radar like that when people have paid good money for a product you promised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

12. Post #12

July 2013
    178 Posts
    Voxel based games =/= Minecraft clone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    10,630 Posts
    Voxel based games =/= Minecraft clone
    It does tick off a lot of the trending things Infiniminer/Minecraft started:

Voxel based worlds
    Big chunky graphics
    terrain deformation and block-based building
    large randomly generated worlds
    and horrible fanbases.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 29Funny Funny x 9 (list)

14. Post #14
    August 2012
    1,506 Posts
    Stop crying clone whenever one of these pops up.
    Please understand that games like these are now apart of their own sub genre.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    6,636 Posts
    I don't get why calling something a clone of something else is such a taboo. Like, Diablo clone still seems to be a fairly acceptable thing to say, and I really love Diablo clones, but I don't feel any need to give them their own special title when all the fans and even the developers are fully aware they're borrowing numerous pages from Diablo, and nobody thinks this is a bad thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

16. Post #16
    PROFESSIONAL DICK INSPECTOR
    November 2008
    1,887 Posts
    I'm still pissed at myself for shelling out 20 bucks for Cube World.

Fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 29Friendly Friendly x 6Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,683 Posts
    I'm still pissed at myself for shelling out 20 bucks for Cube World.

Fuck.
    I still like Cube World's art direction more. Plus, I'm tired of MMOs... There's so many of them. It's like trying to get your friends to join another Social Media website.

I like Cube World's LAN play, and games that aren't always online games. LAN games make it more interactive for you and your friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Facepunch Staff
    March 2010
    2,862 Posts
    I don't get why calling something a clone of something else is such a taboo. Like, Diablo clone still seems to be a fairly acceptable thing to say, and I really love Diablo clones, but I don't feel any need to give them their own special title when all the fans and even the developers are fully aware they're borrowing numerous pages from Diablo, and nobody thinks this is a bad thing.
    I'm all for clones, more games to play. Even if most are shit, at least one will be good.

People seem to get so attached to games and defend them blindly, I never understood that, it's just a game, not your girlfriend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #19
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    6,811 Posts
    How is it a minecraft clone though? Just because the world is made out of blocks doesn't mean it's a minecraft clone, i don't know why people seem to think so. If that was the case, then every game that used non blocky graphics would be a clone of whatever game did that first, and 2D games would be clones of whatever game did that first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,961 Posts
    looks like someting interesting cant see why people call it a "Minecraft clone"

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,235 Posts
    looks like someting interesting cant see why people call it a "Minecraft clone"
    especially when the only thing it's cloning is Cube World, not MC
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,487 Posts
    I'm seriously beginning to regret buying Cubeworld.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree x 12Friendly x 2Funny x 1Winner x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    April 2011
    890 Posts
    especially when the only thing it's cloning is Cube World, not MC
    As the title implies, it combines elements from MC, Cube World, and EQ Landmark

24. Post #24
    April 2011
    890 Posts
    btw make sure you sign up for alpha, invites will be starting to go out in a couple of weeks

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,984 Posts
    Looks like the perfect game to me : combining the best element from Minecraft and Cube World.

There's a lot of potential, Minecraft is poorly optimized and not innovating, Cube World is sadly dead because Wollay can't provide update (he's alone, I am not blaming him).

They can do something great.

26. Post #26
    April 2011
    890 Posts
    Cube World is sadly dead because Wollay can't provide update (he's alone, I am not blaming him).
    Why aren't you "blaming him"? He could have easily gotten help if he wanted to. But he chose not to
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #27
    April 2011
    890 Posts
    from what I read on reddit, Trove is gonna be free to play (and you can buy cosmetic items)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    2,643 Posts
    I'll give this game a shot but I'm still looking forward on playing Archeage that trion is trying to bring over. I think Trion got too many projects...

29. Post #29
    April 2011
    890 Posts
    First wave of Alpha invites is going out this friday!

30. Post #30
    April 2011
    890 Posts

31. Post #31
    Saged, Hidden, Reported, Filtered & Called the cops
    June 2008
    6,478 Posts
    i really hope that HUD isnt anywhere near final
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    June 2011
    523 Posts
    i really hope that HUD isnt anywhere near final
    cause it really looks polished...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    4,056 Posts
    Really not into the art direction.

I feel the characters in cubeworld are much more endearing and the black outlines all over the place look, I dunno'... off? It looks and feels like a cheap instagram filter and I'm not sure it's suited to a voxel based game anyway.

Maybe it'll look nicer a little along the line, but I'll probably stick with Cubeworld for the time being though. That said, a little competition is always nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34

July 2013
    178 Posts
    It says on the reddit they are only inviting 10-20 people to alpha on the first wave.

Soo goodluck.

35. Post #35
    April 2011
    890 Posts
    It says on the reddit they are only inviting 10-20 people to alpha on the first wave.

Soo goodluck.
    you mean like 10k or something? or actually 10 people (like the number ten)

36. Post #36

July 2013
    178 Posts
    Looks like actually 10-20, unless I'm mistaken.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Trove/commen...e_friday_1122/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    April 2011
    890 Posts

Edited:

also they just put up some packages you can buy:

http://www.trovegame.com/support-trove/

38. Post #38
    April 2011
    890 Posts
    anyone here got in the alpha?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2011
    890 Posts
    another alpha invites wave will be going out this week

40. Post #40
    Everyone has a $1 title
    November 2008
    6,811 Posts
    You can buy the game now for guaranteed alpha access if you buy the adventurer version. (€18.99)

https://pjalpha.trionworlds.com/acco...ge-game.action