Nope, he doesn't.

Edited:

my merge etc etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Poland Show Events

2. Post #282
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    10,213 Posts
    But bethsoft is US-based, wouldn't they have used the american date?
    Because 12.11.13 doesn't stand out like 11.12.13.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #283
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    5,195 Posts
    i'm sorry, are you expecting a fucking nuclear wasteland to have the facilities and processed material to produce plastics? There's a reason all they have is metal.
    Uh, dude, you find literally everything required for a bow in all four games. They might not have PVC in the Fallout universe, but there are viable substitutes. Hell, you can make an oldschool primitive bow using brahmin bone, leather, sinew, and finally hooves for the glue to assemble it.

Also, you can use metal for a bow. There are plenty of composite bows that use primarily metal in their construction. (especially takedown bows)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #284
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,284 Posts
    The whole Morse code is actually : SK 1312.11.13 1.14
    Is this confirmed or not?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #285
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,641 Posts
    I really want them to polish the game mechanics. I loved FO3 and NV but the actual combat mechanics were nothing like I expected from reading some of the previews and (in true bethesda fashion) were overall pretty clunky feeling.

I want to feel like a firefight is a fight for my life, not just an exchange of bullets while I watch my opponent's health bar go down.

It would be really cool if enemies like raiders were faster to move and could work together to flank and trick you.

Who the hell am I kidding though, this is Bethesda.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #286
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    9,967 Posts
    Uh, dude, you find literally everything required for a bow in all four games. They might not have PVC in the Fallout universe, but there are viable substitutes. Hell, you can make an oldschool primitive bow using brahmin bone, leather, sinew, and finally hooves for the glue to assemble it.

Also, you can use metal for a bow. There are plenty of composite bows that use primarily metal in their construction. (especially takedown bows)
    Explain how bone has the necessary tensile strength to act as a good bow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #287
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,413 Posts
    What I want in the new Fallout is some damn good characters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #288
    January 2013
    1,264 Posts
    Maybe a new fallout set around the time, or setting of the original fallout?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #289
    <3
    October 2010
    11,896 Posts
    But bethsoft is US-based, wouldn't they have used the american date?
    because (correct me if im wrong) morse code date format is dd/mm/yy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #290
    screamin 4 da gold
    January 2010
    12,824 Posts
    All I want is to climb ladders.

Is that so much to ask?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 24 (list)

11. Post #291
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    9,276 Posts
    Europe may be theoretically a cool place for a Fallout game, but I'd really, really like to see Detroit. Retro-futuristic Motor City in a post-apocalyptic world? Fuck yes. Microfusion cells could be used to power the car in Fallout 2, so Detroit may very well functioning vehicles in the 2200's which would be awesome. Take some notes from GTA V, Bethesda, and give me the ability to run over ghoul whores while firing small tactical nukes at everything.

Regarding bows, I don't know why Fallout doesn't have more of them. They're piss-easy to make, relatively easy to learn how to use, and the ammunition can usually be reused without hassle. Being big on the whole survivalism, prepared-for-everything thing, a bow would by my weapon of choice in a post-apocalyptic world. I love firearms, I know just about everything there is to know about them, but I also know their limitations and requirements. All of that aside, who doesn't love grenade arrows?
    Driving cars would feel really out of place in Fallout in my opinion. Bows are also really overrated weapons for some reason too and I don't see why you would want to use one. I guess it would be neat to see tribes using them though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #292
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,413 Posts
    YEAH its fucking fallout baby, listen to that vault door sound on the tumblr. I think that was the door opening, but I'm not sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #293
    Dennab
    June 2010
    3,767 Posts
    It's obvious that the voice comes from the recording of the 5 people from vault 21 in FNV
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #294
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    9,967 Posts
    It's obvious that the voice comes from the recording of the 5 people from vault 21 in FNV
    Wrong. It's a recording of the Overseer of Vault 74. Listen carefully and compare it to the script given.

And yes, that is a mother fucking vault door. It sounds very crisp, but also very similar to FO3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #295
    Ask me about my Guardians of the Galaxy fetish.
    September 2010
    9,449 Posts
    Driving cars would feel really out of place in Fallout in my opinion.
    Fallout 2 wants a word with you.

Also what's this sound file you guys are talking about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Starred Starred x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #296
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,413 Posts
    All I got out of that was "May god have mercy on our souls"

Edited:

http://12072299.tumblr.com/

log 10.44.78

17. Post #297
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    8,239 Posts
    The background changed, wasn't like that an hour ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

18. Post #298
    September 2010
    9,449 Posts
    All I got out of that was "May god have mercy on our souls"

Edited:

http://12072299.tumblr.com/

log 10.44.78
    What's with the TV static noise from the Fallout 3 trailer at the start?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzm3ayM7SsY
    Linking it because I don't feel like embedding the video.
    It seems really weird they'd use that sound effect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #299
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,413 Posts
    I'm beginning to think that the game will take place during the winter from the older clips where blizzard like winds can be heard.

Edited:

Guys, keep an eye on that tumblr, things are going missing from it every so often.

20. Post #300
    September 2010
    9,449 Posts
    I kind of hope it's not going to be set in a snowy environment.
    While that'd be really neat, it doesn't feel very Fallout to me. Every Fallout game has been in a desert or someplace that's hot as fuck. It seems really off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8 (list)

21. Post #301
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,573 Posts
    Looks like the newest audiolog is a reference to this vault.

Looking more and more like it's East Coast.

22. Post #302
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,404 Posts
    so guys, on a scale of 1 to HAPPENING! where are we?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,869 Posts
    i better be able to make an irradiated lobster roll in this game

24. Post #304
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,334 Posts
    The Ozarks, eh.

Vault 26.

E: That's the only thing I can find don't shoot me

25. Post #305
    October 2013
    5,399 Posts
    I want to be excited I really do.

And then I remember the difference in quality from Fallout 3 to New Vegas and I can't stop crying.

I want Obsidian for this. Please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #306
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,334 Posts
    Bah, they removed the
    >OZARKS >PLATEAU
    log?

27. Post #307
    <3
    October 2010
    11,896 Posts
    so guys, on a scale of 1 to HAPPENING! where are we?
    id say we're at a solid 6, maybe seven
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

28. Post #308
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,769 Posts
    Cross post from the Fallout thread, in case anyone reads this and not that:
    Battlesh_cove is Def. Battleship cove.

I'm so happy the battleships from my town are gonna be in here.

29. Post #309
    March 2010
    413 Posts
    isn't that the Vault logo under the clock?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Indonesia Show Events Late Late x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #310
    So what date is the timer going to finish?

so is the number on the left the remaining days?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #311
    Dennab
    June 2010
    3,767 Posts
    So what date is the timer going to finish?

so is the number on the left the remaining days?
    Just like the Morse Codes says, it'll be on December 11th.

32. Post #312
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    9,276 Posts
    This is very exciting.

33. Post #313
    <3
    October 2010
    11,896 Posts
    Wait, is this for fallout 4 or some ARG? Because I'm only getting hyped for FO4.

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,135 Posts
    im gonna be pissed if this is fake
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

35. Post #315
    fucking incredible
    September 2008
    1,596 Posts
    Wait, is this for fallout 4 or some ARG? Because I'm only getting hyped for FO4.
    Pretty sure it's an ARG for Fallout 4.

36. Post #316
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,953 Posts
    On the offchance that Ella Deux might actually be an anagram disguised as french words, I just ran it through the anagram solver. These came up.

Allude Ex
    Axle Duel
    La Deluxe
    All Exude
    Lax Elude
    Laud El Ex
    Dual El Ex
    La Duel Ex
    All Due Ex
    Lax Due El
    Ax Duel El
    Ax Due Ell

Some of the records stand out (I thought it was interesting that Ella Deux would be "La Deluxe" as well, also Dual El Ex (Dual LX, model number of some sort?), but it's most likely nothing but I thought I'd share in case anyone hasn't tried it yet.

Also, a name comes up "Adele Lux". I find that amusing because Clint Mansell had a soundtrack for a song called "Requiem for a tower" in "Lux Aeterna/Requiem for a dream".

Also, that line "If a flame is to grow, there must be a glow" is a line from a Willie Nelson song.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 India Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

37. Post #317
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    20,523 Posts
    Explain how bone has the necessary tensile strength to act as a good bow.
    You don't make the entire bow out of bone, you just reinforce it. Look up how the mongols made their composite recurve bows
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Starred Starred x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #318
    April 2011
    309 Posts
    I would like a prequel, something like Fallout 0 a game where you start as a young teen before the war, you could choose in high school to become a mechanic ( repair + melee ) a scientist ( science + energy weapons) a politician ( Speech + Barter ) or soldier ( Small weapons + survival )... You could also have a small quest where you date a girl or a boy etc...Maybe kick some people for the suspect of being "Communists spies"...Or steal some gas for your car and lose some Karma. Then the bombs fall, you hide in the school, then you could see the first raider gangs form, join one of them. Maybe rescue your possible gf/bf from before the war from one of those raiders...etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 19Dumb Dumb x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #319
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,926 Posts
    I would like a prequel, something like Fallout 0 a game where you start as a young teen before the war, you could choose in high school to become a mechanic ( repair + melee ) a scientist ( science + energy weapons) a politician ( Speech + Barter ) or soldier ( Small weapons + survival )... You could also have a small quest where you date a girl or a boy etc...Maybe kick some people for the suspect of being "Communists spies"...Or steal some gas for your car and lose some Karma. Then the bombs fall, you hide in the school, then you could see the first raider gangs form, join one of them. Maybe rescue your possible gf/bf from before the war from one of those raiders...etc.
    Ergegheberg

that just doesn't sound too good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #320
    It's Treason Then
    December 2008
    22,988 Posts
    -snip-
    Thought it was around some mayor game awards show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)