1. Post #2201
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,726 Posts
    This guy on OCN used to always post about how he used HDPE as his mousepad with lemon pledge coating it and hyperglides for his mouse feet, he literally uploaded a video of him blowing his mouse and having it fly across the mousepad. You might be interested in that, but I'm not sure if HDPE will be resistant to cat scratching.
    HDPE being High Density Polyethylene, right? A cat could scratch that pretty easily if it tried. Not many plastics are actually going to be resistant to a determined cat, though I doubt that the cat would actually bother trying to tear a pad which isn't cloth since it wouldn't be any fun.

I know there's a dude on OCN who uses a half inch block of aluminium as his pad as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2202
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    6,666 Posts
    This guy on OCN used to always post about how he used HDPE as his mousepad with lemon pledge coating it and hyperglides for his mouse feet, he literally uploaded a video of him blowing his mouse and having it fly across the mousepad. You might be interested in that, but I'm not sure if HDPE will be resistant to cat scratching.

How much friction do you want and do you want the pad to be coated/frosted?
    I can't really talk much about friction since the only two half-decent mousepads I've ever used are a Steelseries QcK and a Mionix Alioth, the QcK had too little friction and frequently caused mouse movements without even touching my mouse, while the Alioth's been pretty good to me. Coating or frosting can go either way, I'm stepping into completely new territory here and don't know shit.

3. Post #2203
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,726 Posts
    I can't really talk much about friction since the only two half-decent mousepads I've ever used are a Steelseries QcK and a Mionix Alioth, the QcK had too little friction and frequently caused mouse movements without even touching my mouse, while the Alioth's been pretty good to me. Coating or frosting can go either way, I'm stepping into completely new territory here and don't know shit.
    The QCK is considered to be a fairly high friction pad. Pretty much every hardpad will be too slippery for you if the QCK was too slippery. Also causing movements without touching the mouse sounds more like pixel walk than an issue with the pad, cause I don't think that any mouse other than maybe an Aurora or WMO/Kinzu with Hyperglides could actually be made to move without being touched on that thing.

Your best bet might be getting a nice block of PBT/Acrylic/HDPE and sanding it to taste.

4. Post #2204
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    6,666 Posts
    The QCK is considered to be a fairly high friction pad. Pretty much every hardpad will be too slippery for you if the QCK was too slippery. Also causing movements without touching the mouse sounds more like pixel walk than an issue with the pad, cause I don't think that any mouse other than maybe an Aurora or WMO/Kinzu with Hyperglides could actually be made to move without being touched on that thing.

Your best bet might be getting a nice block of PBT/Acrylic/HDPE and sanding it to taste.
    Ah, ok. Good thing I don't have that mouse anymore either way. I just assumed it was the mousepad that was the problem since it stopped happening after replacing the QcK with the Alioth.

5. Post #2205
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,726 Posts
    Ah, ok. Good thing I don't have that mouse anymore either way. I just assumed it was the mousepad that was the problem since it stopped happening after replacing the QcK with the Alioth.
    Well I can't think what would be causing the mouse to move, unless you have a habit of shaking your desk violently.

6. Post #2206
    January 2013
    545 Posts
    Hey guys, I've recently ordered WMO 1.1a (my g100s i've used untill now is broken), and I have already bought hyperglide mouse skates for it as well. I have 2 questions

1) Is there anything else I can do, since WMO 1.1a is an old mouse and i'd though it'd next some extra tweaks(not including new mouse skates i've bought)

2) Will perform better than g100s? I know it is't a specific question, and in the end i'll have to check how it compares to g100s myself, but i'd like to know what you guys think.

My mousepad is QCK and my OS is Windows 7 if you need to know.

7. Post #2207
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,958 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #2208
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,726 Posts
    WMO destroys G100s tbh

Only extra stuff you need are sweetlows drivers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #2209
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,746 Posts
    valiant1k did your chinese deathadder ever arrive, and if it did how does it perform? the PCBang shit usually has like 1m/s max tracking speed, any mouse tester graphs? does it work with the original DA firmware? etc

10. Post #2210
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,726 Posts
    valiant1k did your chinese deathadder ever arrive, and if it did how does it perform? the PCBang shit usually has like 1m/s max tracking speed, any mouse tester graphs? does it work with the original DA firmware? etc
    I'm also interested in this, especially the mousetester graphs as well as click delay and lod.

I'd be surprised if it worked with actual DA firmwares though, but if it did then it'd most likely be 3G/3.5G fw that works.

11. Post #2211
    January 2013
    545 Posts
    -snip found alternative link -

12. Post #2212
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,726 Posts
    Should I add a section to the OP explaining the differences between mechanical and optical scroll encoders (phantom scrolls and stuff)?

13. Post #2213
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,286 Posts
    Considering how I've never heard of those two terms before, I'd say so yes.