1. Post #2041
    September 2013
    17,424 Posts
    The 3G is way better than the 2013. The 3.5G is acceptable if you tape trick it and can deal with the amount that it lowers the PCS, cause otherwise the LoD just renders it unusable.

If you just want the FK1 to be wider you could also go for something sensei/xai-shaped like a Revel.
    Yeah that's what I'm not quite sure on. I think I still miss how tall my DA was (and my G500 before that) so I'm leaning towards a 3g. In the last couple months I've kinda spent about $700 on computer shit though so I'm thinking of easing up for a minute.

Edited:

Then again I did just drop a grand on a gun and I can't have my computer hobby be outdone by my gun hobby. Computers are more important and I must show mine that.

2. Post #2042
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,657 Posts
    Actually, what's the native DPI and DPI steps on an MX518 2nd edition, with the 1800 DPI?

3. Post #2043
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    Actually, what's the native DPI and DPI steps on an MX518 2nd edition, with the 1800 DPI?
    MX518 V1 has 400/1600 CPI native steps. MX518 V2 has 800/1800 CPI native steps. You'll want to use the 800 step since the 1800 step is gonna have PCS and max tracking speed issues.

The only 30*0 mouse from back then without PCS/max tracking speed issues on its highest step was the DA 3G. I have no idea how they got that much performance out of what is essentially a 3060 with a custom SROM with a single native step of 1800 CPI.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #2044
    September 2013
    17,424 Posts
    Know of a good seller for a 3g? Only really finding 3.5's

5. Post #2045
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    Know of a good seller for a 3g? Only really finding 3.5's
    You'll have to just wait for the prime opportunity to strike.

Just make sure that when you do buy something you reference the OP so you actually buy the right mouse.

Edited:

If you aren't using a really low sens like mine then you could also get away with an Intellimouse Explorer 3.0. Those are available NiB on eBay all the time and provided you get one with an X80 or X08 P/N it will essentially perform the same as a WMO but with a different shell (and side buttons). There are even 450 CPI variants. Only really worth it if you won't swipe over 2.55m/s since it'll malfunction at that point and if you want it have an acceptable polling rate and PCS (1.6m/s) you'll need to install Sweetlows custom drivers.

6. Post #2046
    September 2013
    17,424 Posts
    I use pretty low sens for the most part as all I play is realistic shooters, 4x games, and simulators.

7. Post #2047
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    I use pretty low sens for the most part as all I play is realistic shooters, 4x games, and simulators.
    Note that low sens in this context is 80cm/360. If I want to 180 I have to do a full swipe of my pad (which results in me hitting like 3.5-4m/s or so if I'm really going for it).

Then again Reyjr used a Kinzu V1 (2.5m/s max tracking speed, generally busted tracking code, every type of accel all at once after 1.7m/s) on 100cm/360 so who knows. Guardian also uses a bricked (has the 1.0.10 angle snapping) Kinzu V1 at the same sens as me and is the best awper in the world so.

8. Post #2048
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,657 Posts
    MX518 V1 has 400/1600 CPI native steps. MX518 V2 has 800/1800 CPI native steps. You'll want to use the 800 step since the 1800 step is gonna have PCS and max tracking speed issues.

The only 30*0 mouse from back then without PCS/max tracking speed issues on its highest step was the DA 3G. I have no idea how they got that much performance out of what is essentially a 3060 with a custom SROM with a single native step of 1800 CPI.
    So I'm trying out 800 and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it's so slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I might have to keep it on 1800 for desktop use and switch it to 800 in game, this is unbearable.

9. Post #2049
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    So I'm trying out 800 and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa it's so slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I might have to keep it on 1800 for desktop use and switch it to 800 in game, this is unbearable.
    You get used to it. I use 400CPI on my desktop. Once you develop a habit of using your mouse with your arm rather than just your wrist it gets a lot more natural.

10. Post #2050
    September 2013
    17,424 Posts
    80cm, that's like my whole xxl pad I'm closer to 50cm/360

11. Post #2051
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    Actually when we do the OP overhaul (coming soontm, currently waiting on me to finish redoing some mouse recommendations) we'll have to add a section on proper mousing techniques, grips and such.

Edited:

80cm, that's like my whole xxl pad I'm closer to 50cm/360
    I use a Puretrak Talent, so I can't really do more than 180 in a single swipe. However the logic is that if I have to 180 then I'm probably dead anyway, and if they managed to fucking up fragging me from behind then I'll probably have enough time to recenter/aim at the edge of my pad anyway. Generally if someone is behind you and you aren't in a 1/2vX anyway then it means that someone fucked up, which shouldn't happen.

12. Post #2052
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,657 Posts
    You get used to it. I use 400CPI on my desktop. Once you develop a habit of using your mouse with your arm rather than just your wrist it gets a lot more natural.
    That's my problem. Desk space is super limited so I've been sticking to wrist movements for years. My mousepad is a whole 20cm, and that's about all the real estate I get.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Waterfox United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #2053
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    That's my problem. Desk space is super limited so I've been sticking to wrist movements for years. My mousepad is a whole 20cm, and that's about all the real estate I get.
    Well, on a 20cm pad you can realistically use up to 40cm/360 which is still what would be classed a wrist-aim sens. 40cm/360 is approx 1.4@800CPI btw, you could probably go up to like 1.7@800CPI before you encounter issues with your sens. All these measurements are for source engine games, you'll need to use a sensitivity calculator (eg notalent) for other games once you know what sens you want to use.

you can also just go russian style: keyboard on lap mouse directly in front of your monitor with your elbow bent 90 degrees

14. Post #2054
    September 2013
    17,424 Posts
    I use my elbow for the most part, and I do wish I had a bit more room on this 35" pad. Once I scrounge the parts to build the 60% keyboard with whites I'm planning I should have that room.

Edited:

Or I could just make my sensitivity not 360 for all the room I have but nah.

15. Post #2055
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,657 Posts
    Well, on a 20cm pad you can realistically use up to 40cm/360 which is still what would be classed a wrist-aim sens. 40cm/360 is approx 1.4@800CPI btw, you could probably go up to like 1.7@800CPI before you encounter issues with your sens. All these measurements are for source engine games, you'll need to use a sensitivity calculator (eg notalent) for other games once you know what sens you want to use.

you can also just go russian style: keyboard on lap mouse directly in front of your monitor with your elbow bent 90 degrees
    Wouldn't 40cm/360 be twice as slow? (40cm to travel 360 degrees vs 20?) How is that wrist?

16. Post #2056
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    Wouldn't 40cm/360 be twice as slow? (40cm to travel 360 degrees vs 20?) How is that wrist?
    Because you do all your actual mechanical aiming at people with your wrist. You use swipes from your elbow to actually turn large amounts. The reason I said 40cm/360 for a 20cm pad is because you shouldn't ever need to turn more than about 180 degrees in a single direction in one swipe. For example my 80cm/360 is on a ~45cm pad.

Edited:

I use my elbow for the most part, and I do wish I had a bit more room on this 35" pad. Once I scrounge the parts to build the 60% keyboard with whites I'm planning I should have that room.

Edited:

Or I could just make my sensitivity not 360 for all the room I have but nah.
    tbh with a 35cm pad you could use up to like 65cm/360 without a problem

17. Post #2057
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,657 Posts
    Because you do all your actual mechanical aiming at people with your wrist. You use swipes from your elbow to actually turn large amounts.

Edited:

tbh with a 35cm pad you could use up to like 65cm/360 without a problem
    I'm sorry, I'm not following. I don't have any desk real estate, so your solution is to make it slower so I have to pick up and physically move my mouse more for quick reactions, such as if an enemy is behind me? I thought wrist aiming meant really high sens because I can't make large, sweeping movements with my arm. I am forced to make quick movements in a limited space, meaning I would necessarily need sensitivity to be way higher because I cannot make the quick movements with my whole arm and turn around without losing time by re-positioning the mouse.

On my old settings at 1800@2.3 sens in Source, I was looking at like 10cm/360. Isn't that wrist aiming? multiplying that by 4 seems like I'm having to make very large movements with my whole arm. Or am I just so fast that what is fast to normal people is actually super slow for me?

18. Post #2058
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    I'm sorry, I'm not following. I don't have any desk real estate, so your solution is to make it slower so I have to pick up and physically move my mouse more for quick reactions, such as if an enemy is behind me? I thought wrist aiming meant really high sens because I can't make large, sweeping movements with my arm. I am forced to make quick movements in a limited space, meaning I would necessarily need sensitivity to be way higher because I cannot make the quick movements with my whole arm and turn around without losing time by re-positioning the mouse.

On my old settings at 1800@2.3 sens in Source, I was looking at like 10cm/360. Isn't that wrist aiming? multiplying that by 4 seems like I'm having to make very large movements with my whole arm. Or am I just so fast that what is fast to normal people is actually super slow for me?
    If someone is behind you then the extra time to do a full pad swipe is usually moot. Depending on how far your the sensor is from your wrist you should be able to comfortably aim within a 90 area on 40cm/360. Wrist aiming to me simply means that if it's near the middle of your screen you can track it with just your wrist movement (whereas with a lower sens such as mine I'll have to use my elbow, which is obviously not viable if you only have 20cm of desk space).

If 40cm/360 feels excessive then try something like 2@800CPI which should be about 30cm/360 and go spend a couple hours on Fragshack (or your DM of choice) with it. Note that having to lift your mouse off the pad is perfectly normal and once you've got a bit of practice you'll be able to recenter and do full pad swipes without even thinking about it.

Edited:

The actual reasoning behind lowering your sens is that you can aim and track with greater precision because there is a larger margin of error on your movement and still aiming at your target.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #2059
    September 2013
    869 Posts
    I have a mouse, but I don't know who made it or if it has a name

It lets me move the curser and click on things when I hover the curser over an icon and it does something

It has a wheel in the middle that makes certain programs scroll up and down

It even lets me press down on it as if it were a button

It's a pretty cool mouse if you ask me.

(User was banned for this post ("Shitpost" - Novangel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #2060
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    5,659 Posts

It lets me move the curser and click on things when I hover the curser over an icon and it does something

kkkkkk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

21. Post #2061
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    4,543 Posts
    I've been trying to drop to 400dpi but I don't have the right posture for arm swiveling. I put too much weight on my forearm as a result of so much time wrist swiveling from my WoW/LoL days.

I also feel like FPS sensitivity and desktop sensitivity don't match up at all. While x1 osu! sensitivity feels fine, I'm only comfortable at x20 for playing OW at the same Windows settings and DPI. I did try cutting that in half while returning to 800dpi but the sensation is still ridiculous to me. I can tell that my OW aim is more accurate at those low sensitivities, but its obviously too slow in addition to being completely uncomfortable. And my osu! muscle memory is completely out of the question for now with my grip adjustments.

22. Post #2062
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    You literally just need to grind out some DM with it. Eventually you'll get used to it.

23. Post #2063
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    I've been playing at different sensitivities my whole life, I used to play 800 CPI at like 5 in-game when I played Source, then I played 800 @ 1 in CS:GO, then I lowered it to 800 @ 0.5, then I raised it to 800 @ 0.75, then I changed it a million times afterward, I can only remember 450 @ 1.85 (G303), 450 @ 1.625 (G303 & ZowieAM), 400 @ 2.5 (IME 3.0), and now I'm playing 500 @ 2 (Kinzu v1) so I'm really not the best person to ask about sensitivity, since I can easily adapt to just any sensitivity that I play.

Note that low sens in this context is 80cm/360. If I want to 180 I have to do a full swipe of my pad (which results in me hitting like 3.5-4m/s or so if I'm really going for it).

Then again Reyjr used a Kinzu V1 (2.5m/s max tracking speed, generally busted tracking code, every type of accel all at once after 1.7m/s) on 100cm/360 so who knows. Guardian also uses a bricked (has the 1.0.10 angle snapping) Kinzu V1 at the same sens as me and is the best awper in the world so.
    It's actually 1.7m/s max tracking speed, 1m/s PCS, after 1.016m/s it accelerates like a child on crack.

I used this space for years when playing 800 @ 0.5.

That's the only image I can find of my old desk area, but yeah I played 100cm/360 on that thing. I lift my mouse a lot more now though, I rarely even use my entire mousepad area, as you can see here.

You have to account for camera angle, but you get the gist.

You know what else would be pretty cool? If you went back to where you came from and stopped trying to start stuff with people here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #2064
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    In the new OP I thought it would be a good idea to reorder the recommendations from their current slightly bizarre layout into two ascending/descending order price lists, one for wired and one for wireless. What are the thoughts on this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #2065
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    4,543 Posts
    I don't know man my elbow doesn't roll like that lol

26. Post #2066
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    I don't know man my elbow doesn't roll like that lol
    I have my wrist elevated above my elbow, and my elbow just hangs out in the air waiting for use, so I find it relatively simple to make wrist movements or large "sweeping" motions using my entire rotary cup when required (but that'd just malfunction the Kinzu anyway.)

27. Post #2067
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    4,543 Posts
    But then you don't have wrist support.

Edited:

Sorry I don't mean to come off as a fussy bitch but I've just spent so many years at 3200dpi playing WoW with max sens so when I try new postures I get picky with them.

28. Post #2068
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts

Edited:

Sorry I don't mean to come off as a fussy bitch but I've just spent so many years at 3200dpi playing WoW with max sens so when I try new postures I get picky with them.
    Just play with your wrist down then.

29. Post #2069
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts

Edited:

I have my forearm on the pad, so I do have wrist support, you can see how my forearm is on the pad to keep my wrist stabilized. I don't know what to tell you, I've always used a neutral posture that allows me to swap between aiming styles on the fly.

30. Post #2070
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    Honestly I feel like you would progress a lot faster in this if you just dropped your sens to whatever and DM'd with it. You'll work out a posture which works for you pretty quickly.

31. Post #2071
    Support TheBroHouse!
    January 2011
    2,093 Posts
    Only took me telling you that it literally will not matter, even in CS:GO, you tried to argue that it would matter in Osu so I told you to use the keyboard and then you said you did, so where's the relevance??? Sounds to me like you just wanted to keep using that FK tbh. Smgdh.
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s0HAr07jh0TH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #2072
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    That's pretty similar to how I sound to be quite honest, not bad, the only mistake is that my voice is actually higher pitched. You also don't have really loud trap music playing in the background.

On-topic:

Grey Kinzu v1, apparently the seller thinks that is "Black" but that's definitely grey, I'm actually not sure if it's a knockoff shell or what, looks like it has the exact same shell mistakes and logo as my normal Kinzu v1s do. I guess I'll see when it gets here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #2073
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    maybe its magic and has no accel like guardians one

34. Post #2074
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    maybe its magic and has no accel like guardians one
    Would be nice to have one that doesn't have accel, that way I can tell if the accel covers up the sensor malfunctions.

35. Post #2075
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    you'll probably be able to feel the terrible tracking code more
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #2076
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    5,659 Posts
    you'll probably be able to feel the terrible tracking code more
    so bad it's good :>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Lebanon Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #2077
    SK17a
    October 2010
    21,316 Posts
    So my G700s scroll left button is starting to not work the way it used to, I have to press it much harder than usual and it's starting to get really annoying. I've had this mouse for almost a year too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chrome Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #2078
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    At least it worked correctly for a year.

Poor Reyjrs Kinzus have never worked correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #2079
    SK17a
    October 2010
    21,316 Posts
    At least it worked correctly for a year.

Poor Reyjrs Kinzus have never worked correctly.
    Hurray for Logitech putting a 3 year warranty on this mouse. Just opened a case. If their support is as good as what everyone says it is, they will send a replacement.

40. Post #2080
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    Why are you using the glorified office mouse anyhow?

I'd have thought you'd go for a G900.