1. Post #2001
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,734 Posts
    Not bad for the price, better than the Camade which is priced at $20 for some unknown reason, I still got mine for cheaper though.

2. Post #2002
    September 2013
    16,949 Posts
    Yeah we'll see how it holds up. Never had one before.

3. Post #2003
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,950 Posts
    ikea lamp mouse bungee is far superior

Like I played around to find the optimal position and found out that conventional mouse bungees aren't near the center of the pad enough

4. Post #2004
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts
    Not bad for the price, better than the Camade which is priced at $20 for some unknown reason, I still got mine for cheaper though.
    I got my Camade for free with my FK1 iirc.

Don't pay money for a Camade, they're pretty poorly designed.

5. Post #2005
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,734 Posts
    I need to buy new mouse feet for my Kinzu already what to HECK.

6. Post #2006
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts
    don't wmo feet fit on the kinzu

7. Post #2007
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,734 Posts
    don't wmo feet fit on the kinzu
    Dots like those fit on literally any mouse, I'm not sure what the question is here. I don't have feet like that anyway.

8. Post #2008
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts
    i thought that the kinzu used identical feet to the wmo

9. Post #2009
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,734 Posts
    i thought that the kinzu used identical feet to the wmo
    No, it uses the same feet as the Kana, which are similar to the Sensei and Xai.

10. Post #2010
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts
    Can we get some opinions on if the OP is too confusing or if there are any issues with it? Particularly the recommended mice sections?

Ignore the spelling/grammar errors atm, I already have a version with all of those fixed in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #2011
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,734 Posts
    Can we get some opinions on if the OP is too confusing or if there are any issues with it? Particularly the recommended mice sections?
    As it stands right now, the two people maintaining the OP (Chubbs and myself) have differing viewpoints on whether or not it's too hard to follow. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

12. Post #2012
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    23,159 Posts
    I would say there is too much detail.

13. Post #2013
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts
    Honestly there's nowhere near enough. Like it doesn't even mention that Zowie use 3310's and have terrible firmware.

14. Post #2014
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts
    What does everyone think of reformatting each recommendation into something like this:

Zowie FK1/2/+
    Sensor - Pixart PMW3310 with 400/800/1600/3200 CPI steps.
    Shape - Ambidextrous, thin grip at front and middle with a large butt. Quite low. Good for palm, claw and fingertip. 16-18cm for FK2, 18-20cm for FK1, 19-21.5cm for FK1+.
    Buttons - Fairly stiff Huano switches for LMB/RMB. Two side buttons on each side, though only one side can be activated at a time. Fairly meh optical scroll encoder.
    Weight - 85g (FK2), 90g (FK1), 95g (FK1+)
    Notes - Nice cable, stock feet are really thin. Firmware is fairly poor; newer batches (final batch of yellow scroll, all white/black scroll) have ~8.9ms click latency, and older batches of yellow scrolls have 15ms of click latency. Mine (an old batch yellow scroll) drops polls at 1000Hz.

15. Post #2015
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,950 Posts
    So I read through the OP and found it to be really insightful
    Only thing that is kind of confusing is the ordering of the recommendation section.
    Like this high price low bang for buck and stuff, maybe you could find a better way? Maybe a spreadsheet or something

16. Post #2016
    ForMod2013
    June 2009
    3,138 Posts
    Well my Logitech g400 mouse just died (thanks to my cats). I'd love to just order another g400 but they are still the same price they were back when I had picked up this one in 2012. Should I just order it or is there a better solution at a lower price?

17. Post #2017
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,734 Posts
    So I read through the OP and found it to be really insightful
    Only thing that is kind of confusing is the ordering of the recommendation section.
    Like this high price low bang for buck and stuff, maybe you could find a better way? Maybe a spreadsheet or something
    We're making it less...confusing with a new template for recommendations.

Well my Logitech g400 mouse just died (thanks to my cats). I'd love to just order another g400 but they are still the same price they were back when I had picked up this one in 2012. Should I just order it or is there a better solution at a lower price?
    Well, if it's the cable then it's possible for you to replace it without having to buy a new mouse, but you'd have to know how to solder and you'd have to trash a pair of skates, if you want to just buy a new mouse then you could always look into the successors to the G400/G400s, being the G402 or G403, the G403 doesn't have the exact same shape as the G400 though.

18. Post #2018
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    4,516 Posts
    Wow this Zowie is something else. The shape begs me to palm grip it, which is a change I should be making as I transition from screen scroller games to the more aim intensive ones. Very excited to keep using it. And the red matches my K70. I look like a god damn gamer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #2019
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    4,516 Posts
    Check out my bungee:

I saw the lamp bungee and decided I wanted to make one. I thought back to when I created a bungee for my phone charger that reached the head of my bed and decided to recycle the concept. So the best part is that all I had to do was grab two push pins from some drawers and I had a mouse bungee faster than it took me to make this post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

20. Post #2020
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts
    If you're willing to use eBay: Deathadder 3G V2/V3, Intellimouse Explorer, WMO, G400.

Not willing to use eBay: G403, Nixeus Revel, EC1/2-A, FK1/2.

Note that the Zowie mice have PMW3310's so they will have ~4ms of sensor inherent smoothing. G403 and Revel have 2 frames (~0.15ms) of smoothing, which is basically nonexistant. All the ones in the eBay section have zero smoothing.

Check the OP to learn more about each of them.

Edited:

We're making it less...confusing with a new template for recommendations.

Well, if it's the cable then it's possible for you to replace it without having to buy a new mouse, but you'd have to know how to solder and you'd have to trash a pair of skates, if you want to just buy a new mouse then you could always look into the successors to the G400/G400s, being the G402 or G403, the G403 doesn't have the exact same shape as the G400 though.
    I'm not sure we should really be recommending the G402 unless the person buying it fully knows what it entails (2.5m/s malfunction speed with some weird accelerometer based interpolation (which is crap tbh) up to 12m/s.

21. Post #2021
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,734 Posts
    If you're willing to use eBay: Deathadder 3G V2/V3, Intellimouse Explorer, WMO, G400.

Not willing to use eBay: G403, Nixeus Revel, EC1/2-A, FK1/2.

Note that the Zowie mice have PMW3310's so they will have ~4ms of sensor inherent smoothing. G403 and Revel have 2 frames (~0.15ms) of smoothing, which is basically nonexistant. All the ones in the eBay section have zero smoothing.

Check the OP to learn more about each of them.

Edited:

I'm not sure we should really be recommending the G402 unless the person buying it fully knows what it entails (2.5m/s malfunction speed with some weird accelerometer based interpolation (which is crap tbh) up to 12m/s.
    Most people will not even break 2.5m/s, I can play a 60cm/360 sensitivity with the Kinzu v1 and not make it malfunction, and that can only track at 1.7m/s.

22. Post #2022
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts
    I can pretty easily break the 2.55m/s needed to malfunction my WMO if I play on my normal sens of 80cm/360. I will concede that it is a low sens tho.

23. Post #2023
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,950 Posts
    Should I get this wmo for like 10 euro?
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/microsoft-mau...QAAOSwA3dYaOkx

24. Post #2024
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts
    Get the seller to confirm the P/N.

25. Post #2025
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,734 Posts
    Get the seller to confirm the P/N.
    Doubtful that it's anything but an X08/X80 in that condition, looks like it's the right version.

26. Post #2026
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts
    I've gone back to the Aurora as my daily driver after Reyjr convinced me that the debounce issue isn't gonna matter since I don't play QL anymore.

It's fucking amazing. Only issue is that my LMB is actually terrible. Has like a mile of pretravel and is mushy af. I'll probably open it up and have a look at fixing it at some point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #2027
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,734 Posts
    I've gone back to the Aurora as my daily driver after Reyjr convinced me that the debounce issue isn't gonna matter since I don't play QL anymore.

It's fucking amazing. Only issue is that my LMB is actually terrible. Has like a mile of pretravel and is mushy af. I'll probably open it up and have a look at fixing it at some point.
    Only took me telling you that it literally will not matter, even in CS:GO, you tried to argue that it would matter in Osu so I told you to use the keyboard and then you said you did, so where's the relevance??? Sounds to me like you just wanted to keep using that FK tbh. Smgdh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #2028
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts
    Only took me telling you that it literally will not matter, even in CS:GO, you tried to argue that it would matter in Osu so I told you to use the keyboard and then you said you did, so where's the relevance??? Sounds to me like you just wanted to keep using that FK tbh. Smgdh.
    but what if i want to become mouse only speed god like riviclia of mouse wont let me stream over 300bpm ? ? ? ?

29. Post #2029
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,734 Posts
    but what if i want to become mouse only speed god like riviclia of mouse wont let me stream over 300bpm ? ? ? ?
    Buy a mouse that doesn't have 15ms click delay at that point tbh af fam.

30. Post #2030
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts
    Buy a mouse that doesn't have 15ms click delay at that point tbh af fam.
    this seems unnecesarry

riviclia uses some rando office mouse

Edited:

The real question is why am i using this over the Deathadder 3G V3 that's sitting on my desk?

The real answer is that I cant use ergo mice.

31. Post #2031
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,734 Posts
    The real answer is that I cant use ergo mice.
    Ergo mice are incredibly uncomfortable anyway, the only ergo mouse I can use comfortably is the G403 because it's not a traditional ergo mouse.

32. Post #2032
    September 2013
    16,949 Posts
    I dunno if my whole palm isn't on the mouse it's wrong.

33. Post #2033
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,734 Posts
    There's plenty of mice that are large enough to fit your palm while not being ergo, I can fit the majority of my palm onto the mouse of babby hands, but then again I also have babby hands, and intentionally fitting my whole palm onto it will make my first knuckle (or phalange, lol) dip over the front of the mouse which is the same problem I had with the G100s. I mostly claw though so it's not so bothersome to me.

34. Post #2034
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts
    I physically cant get my whole palm on the Aurora because its tiny and my hands are 20cm.

Still gonna palm it though.

35. Post #2035
    September 2013
    16,949 Posts
    My FK1 fits decently but I'm still considering an FK1+

Edited:

Woulda gotten one from the start but I facebook messaged Zowie on a potential release and they told me it'd be a minute.

36. Post #2036
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,734 Posts

Edited:

Woulda gotten one from the start but I facebook messaged Zowie on a potential release and they told me it'd be a minute.
    I'm not buying a ZA13 until the 3360 refresh because last time I bought a Zowie product from Zowie, they released a refreshed version literally a week later for the exact same price that I paid and told me to go fuck myself when I asked them if I could have it exchanged. Fuck Zowie, I haven't bought anything from them directly since.

37. Post #2037
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts

Edited:

If you want a huge mouse then just get a Deathadder 3G V2 off eBay. You can probably get a legit NiB one for the same price as an FK1+ if you're willing to wait around a bit for it.

You might think I shill the DA 3G too hard but it's seriously a god tier mouse. Up there with the WMO.

38. Post #2038
    September 2013
    16,949 Posts
    If you want a huge mouse then just get a Deathadder 3G V2 off eBay. You can probably get a legit NiB one for the same price as an FK1+ if you're willing to wait around a bit for it.

You might think I shill the DA 3G too hard but it's seriously a god tier mouse. Up there with the WMO.
    Nah I used to have a 3.5 iirc before the left click razer'd itself. I'm still considering one but I really do like this FK1, just wish it was a bit wider.

Edited:

Oh no it was a 2013 model, not a 3.5. Can't remember exactly.

39. Post #2039
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,375 Posts
    Hey Reyjman, got any hot tips for homing in on an ideal mouse sensitivity on a user-to-user basis?

I found this old guide (Skip to section 2.10 - Finding the PERFECT sensitivity.)
    http://www.overclock.net/t/173255/cs...mization-guide

Any good, any bad?

40. Post #2040
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,702 Posts
    Nah I used to have a 3.5 iirc before the left click razer'd itself. I'm still considering one but I really do like this FK1, just wish it was a bit wider.

Edited:

Oh no it was a 2013 model, not a 3.5. Can't remember exactly.
    The 3G is way better than the 2013. The 3.5G is acceptable if you tape trick it and can deal with the amount that it lowers the PCS, cause otherwise the LoD just renders it unusable.

If you just want the FK1 to be wider you could also go for something sensei/xai-shaped like a Revel.

Edited:

Hey Reyjman, got any hot tips for homing in on an ideal mouse sensitivity on a user-to-user basis?

I found this old guide (Skip to section 2.10 - Finding the PERFECT sensitivity.)
    http://www.overclock.net/t/173255/cs...mization-guide

Any good, any bad?
    I'm not Rejyr but I have better aim than her so I'm probably qualified for this: that method doesn't really work since you'll just tend to be able to track it best with whatever sens you're used to (unless you're using something completely insane like 6@1600CPI), so you aren't actually going to get anything out of it. That's my experience with trying it at least. If you really want to tune your sens via tracking then aim_botz with the bots set to running speed and random movement is probably the best way.

As long as your sensitivity is sane (Sens*CPI is 400<=x<=1200) then it doesn't really matter too much what it actually is. If your sensitivity is currently much higher than that then I recommend that you drop it down to 2@400CPI or 1@800CPI and dm with that for a couple hours to get used to actually having to move your arm somewhat to aim. From there adjust it down or up until it feels right. Once you hit the right sens you'll just know. Honestly your sens doesn't matter that much since if you grind out the hours of DM/HSDM then you'll be able to get good with any sens that is reasonably sensible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)