1. Post #1961
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,715 Posts
    After some thinking, and measuring my hands (like 18.5cm), I think I'm going to go for either a g400,402 or 403. Can anyone give me advice on which one to pick, coming from a Deathadder?
    Just get a Deathadder 3G V2 off eBay. Provided you flash 1.28NDC onto it it's still pretty much the perfect mouse and you're already used to the shape.

also cheaper than a lolgitech

2. Post #1962
    Ask me about my Zimmerman fetish

March 2005
    4,233 Posts
    Oh I think I saw you posting on OCN about that before, as for the 3366 into Kinzu, I have someone doing that for me...from OCN.

http://zowie.benq.com/
    yes, that was me. I actually just moved the weight from the top of the mouse and taped it to the bottom and the balance now feels like a regular G100s, possible even better (more bottom heavy). Guess it goes to show that sensor isn't everything.

Fuck man, there's so many sellers on Taobao selling so many Kinzus and none of them are sure about the product they're selling, I've had to ask this import company to ask like 5 different sellers about their mice, then the one guy I find that has Black v1s runs out of stock, so I have to find ANOTHER guy who sells a ton of Kinzus and ask if they have any in stock, since sellers apparently don't do a good job of keeping track of what is and is not in stock.
    I wouldn't mind finding another Kinzu v1, it would probably just cost 50+ though.

3. Post #1963
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,738 Posts
    yes, that was me. I actually just moved the weight from the top of the mouse and taped it to the bottom and the balance now feels like a regular G100s, possible even better (more bottom heavy). Guess it goes to show that sensor isn't everything.

I wouldn't mind finding another Kinzu v1, it would probably just cost 50+ though.
    I just got 3 more v1s from Taobao for around $62, including shipping.

4. Post #1964
    Ask me about my Zimmerman fetish

March 2005
    4,233 Posts
    I just got 3 more v1s from Taobao for around $62, including shipping.
    can you provide/pm a link to the seller?

5. Post #1965
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,738 Posts
    can you provide/pm a link to the seller?
    Got you fam, I got the Kinzu v1 PLUG.

6. Post #1966
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    4,517 Posts
    So the G400 cord connection fix gave my mouse another few months to live, but this is the third time I've had to pry the mouse open. That means it's time for me to buy a new mouse. The G403 Prodigy looks like a suitable fit for me, but would any of you make a case for me to abandon Logitech?

7. Post #1967
    September 2013
    16,963 Posts
    Chubbs sure will when he gets on

8. Post #1968
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    4,517 Posts
    Oh, I see.

9. Post #1969
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,738 Posts
    So the G400 cord connection fix gave my mouse another few months to live, but this is the third time I've had to pry the mouse open. That means it's time for me to buy a new mouse. The G403 Prodigy looks like a suitable fit for me, but would any of you make a case for me to abandon Logitech?
    New Logitech mice are riddled with quality control issues, the last 3 mice I've gotten from them all had QC issues that made using the mice an annoyance. G303 had lens rattle, G Pro has switches that "pang" when I click them, and my G403 has a mushy right click. I've seen tons of reports of these problems as well, indicating this has been going on for a while now and is not a new thing.

10. Post #1970
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    4,517 Posts
    New Logitech mice are riddled with quality control issues, the last 3 mice I've gotten from them all had QC issues that made using the mice an annoyance. G303 had lens rattle, G Pro has switches that "pang" when I click them, and my G403 has a mushy right click. I've seen tons of reports of these problems as well, indicating this has been going on for a while now and is not a new thing.
    Shame, I've spent almost 10 years between the MX518 and G400 alone.

Where do I look to next?

11. Post #1971
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,715 Posts
    Chubbs sure will when she gets on
    Reyjr already mentioned the terrible QC. The other main reason I would advise against getting a Logitech mouse is simply the price for what you're getting, which is a 3360 mouse with questionable QC and a Logitech logo; which is not worth it in my opinion. Sure if you can get one really cheap then sure, but at retail? Not worth it.

If you want a mouse with questionable QC and a 3360 then get a DM1 Pro S or a Nixeus Revel and save yourself 20. Or get a Deathadder 3G V2 off eBay, because it is a true god tier mouse.

Most of their mice also have dumb skate layouts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #1972
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    4,517 Posts
    Reyjr already mentioned the terrible QC. The other main reason I would advise against getting a Logitech mouse is simply the price for what you're getting, which is a 3360 mouse with questionable QC and a Logitech logo; which is not worth it in my opinion. Sure if you can get one really cheap then sure, but at retail? Not worth it.

If you want a mouse with questionable QC and a 3360 then get a DM1 Pro S or a Nixeus Revel and save yourself 20. Or get a Deathadder 3G V2 off eBay, because it is a true god tier mouse.

Most of their mice also have dumb skate layouts.
    Thanks for the input. Is the 3G different from the current Chroma? And V2 versus V3?

13. Post #1973
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,715 Posts
    Shame, I've spent almost 10 years between the MX518 and G400 alone.

Where do I look to next?
    If you're just interested in build quality and want to buy a new in box mouse from a retailer then probably Zowie. They have approx 3-4ms of smoothing (effectively input delay), which you may or may not notice. The newer models have acceptable click delay of around 8ms. You probably won't notice this at all.

14. Post #1974
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,738 Posts
    Thanks for the input. Is the 3G different from the current Chroma? And V2 versus V3?
    DA 3G V2 and V3 use the same sensor, it's just that the V3 has a higher LoD since it can't be hot swapped with a red LED. The 3G and Chroma use different sensors, the Chroma uses a 3988 while the 3G uses a 3668 (3060 variant)

15. Post #1975
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,715 Posts
    The new 2013/Chroma/Elite ones are automatically trash tier because you need to install Razers malware just to use them. I would advise that you check what I wrote in the OP about Deathadders if you're looking at getting one.

Note that new in box 3G/3.5G's are getting kinda rare (3G V2's especially) because they're up to 10 years old by now.

Edited:

DA 3G V2 and V3 use the same sensor, it's just that the V3 has a higher LoD since it can't be hot swapped with a red LED. The 3G and Chroma use different sensors, the Chroma uses a 3988 while the 3G uses a 3668 (3060 variant)
    The 3G V3 uses the same PCB layout as the 3.5G, which is why it has the higher LOD.

16. Post #1976
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    4,517 Posts
    Oh I didn't realize that, I'd lean towards a newer product. So is Zowie the closest sidegrade to what I have? And which would I look for?

17. Post #1977
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,715 Posts
    Oh I didn't realize that, I'd lean towards a newer product. So is Zowie the closest sidegrade to what I have? And which would I look for?
    If you get a Zowie then make sure to get one of: FKx with white/black scroll (most yellow have 16ms click delay), ECx-A with white/black scroll (other have 16ms click delay) or a ZA1x.

There isn't actually any difference internally between those mice, so get whichever one you like the size/shape of the most.

18. Post #1978
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,738 Posts
    ECx-A with white/black scroll (other have 16ms click delay)
    EC doesn't have a scroll wheel that changes colors because of the LED in it since the normal EC2 (which has 10ms delay, not 16. The first Zowies to have 16ms are the FK and EC eVo, noob.) so make sure that the Zowie you're getting has a white logo or a red logo, if it has the old square logo then it sucks.

19. Post #1979
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,715 Posts
    EC doesn't have a scroll wheel that changes colors because of the LED in it since the normal EC2 (which has 10ms delay, not 16. The first Zowies to have 16ms are the FK and EC eVo, noob.) so make sure that the Zowie you're getting has a white logo or a red logo, if it has the old square logo then it sucks.
    He specified it had to be a new mouse, ie in stock at retailers. The only place you're getting an NiB EC2 is eBay.

20. Post #1980
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    4,517 Posts

21. Post #1981
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,738 Posts
    He specified it had to be a new mouse, ie in stock at retailers. The only place you're getting an NiB EC2 is eBay.
    Every EC series mouse has a translucent wheel you dumb fuck, the color changes based on the CPI step you're using.

Yes.

22. Post #1982
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,715 Posts
    Every EC series mouse has a translucent wheel you dumb fuck, the color changes based on the CPI step you're using.

Yes.
    I swear I saw an EC2 with an opaque red wheel at some point.

My whole life has been a lie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #1983
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    4,517 Posts
    Put in the order, it will complete my new lineup of peripherals beside the keyboard I got last month.

24. Post #1984
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,715 Posts
    need a mousepad with the cooller hot tub pic on it

25. Post #1985
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,715 Posts
    aurora with double skates and a h lens could theoretically track up to 10m/s :thinking:

26. Post #1986
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    5,604 Posts
    so I just noticed that this exists

has anyone tried this before? Interesting shape and $30, but has a 3090

27. Post #1987
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,738 Posts
    so I just noticed that this exists

has anyone tried this before? Interesting shape and $30, but has a 3090
    It's a rebrand of the Fuhlen CO300
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #1988
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,715 Posts
    Is it a good 3090 implementation, though?

I might be interested in one if it is,provided there's some sort of way to set it 400 CPI and an acceptable polling rate.

29. Post #1989
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,738 Posts
    Is it a good 3090 implementation, though?

I might be interested in one if it is,provided there's some sort of way to set it 400 CPI and an acceptable polling rate.
    It has software, not sure if the implementation is any good though. I also bought a Kinzu off of eBay and someone on OCN straight up PM'd me and hit me with the "Did you buy my Kinzu off of eBay" and I was like "Yeah, how'd you know?"

I guess people just know my Kinzu is my ride or die tbh.

30. Post #1990
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,715 Posts
    all kinzu does is die tbh

malfunction city

31. Post #1991
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,738 Posts
    all kinzu does is die tbh

malfunction city
    Alright, you need to STOP bullying. It's trying its best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #1992
    September 2013
    16,963 Posts
    It has software, not sure if the implementation is any good though. I also bought a Kinzu off of eBay and someone on OCN straight up PM'd me and hit me with the "Did you buy my Kinzu off of eBay" and I was like "Yeah, how'd you know?"

I guess people just know my Kinzu is my ride or die tbh.
    When I sold my Model F on ebay the buyer asked me "Don't I know you from deskauthority?"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #1993
    December 2012
    1,298 Posts
    What mouse would people here reccomend for just casual internet browsing for under 20? I've been using this wireless thing that's driven me up the goddamn wall; http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/...-1771-main.jpg <- this thing.
    If how I hold it's important I just rest my palm on top of it with my thumb resting on the little plastic wing on the side; I don't really like not having that from experience.

34. Post #1994
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,650 Posts

I bought this Microsoft Arc Touch Bluetooth for my incoming Surface and I have to say it's quite nice for such a portable thing. The scroll strip has haptic feedback, which is pretty slick. My only main complaints are when you try to squeeze the sides there's nothing there and there's no middle mouse button, but as something to use and slip in a laptop bag without creating a bulge, it's perfect.

Edited:

Conversely I also bought this Logitech T630 for a comparison of truly ultraportable mice, and it's not very good. The gestures are alright, but scrolling with zero feedback is a pain. What truly crippled it for me was the size and thinness. It's painful to use at any angle that's not sitting at a desk, and even there it's just massively uncomfortable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #1995
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,715 Posts
    What mouse would people here reccomend for just casual internet browsing for under 20? I've been using this wireless thing that's driven me up the goddamn wall; http://images.highspeedbackbone.net/...-1771-main.jpg <- this thing.
    If how I hold it's important I just rest my palm on top of it with my thumb resting on the little plastic wing on the side; I don't really like not having that from experience.
    go to a pc world or similar and try out the mice then buy one you like the shape of if you aren't going to be playing games with it

36. Post #1996
    November 2010
    436 Posts
    I have no idea what happens in this thread most of the time aside from occasional browsing, but after using the steelseries sensei for two years.. (side button imploded from infinite push-to-talk clicking) Ordered the zowie fk2 and it arrives in about 10 hours.

How bad did I fuck up? (19cm fingertip grip)

37. Post #1997
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,738 Posts
    I have no idea what happens in this thread most of the time aside from occasional browsing, but after using the steelseries sensei for two years.. (side button imploded from infinite push-to-talk clicking) Ordered the zowie fk2 and it arrives in about 10 hours.

How bad did I fuck up? (19cm fingertip grip)
    Not that bad in all honesty, the FK2 has a really long body and a larger butt than at the front, so it might be a little difficult to fingertip, but you can probably work around it.

38. Post #1998
    September 2013
    16,963 Posts
    Got my hyperglides on for my FK1 and also picked up a cheap bungee. The not scratched as shit feet feel nice on my Razer Goliathus Control clone.

39. Post #1999
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,738 Posts
    Got my hyperglides on for my FK1 and also picked up a cheap bungee. The not scratched as shit feet feel nice on my Razer Goliathus Control clone.
    Which bungee did you get? I got my Razer one for like $3.

40. Post #2000
    September 2013
    16,963 Posts
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited:

The chrome matches my banana holder headphones stand