1. Post #1881
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    19,633 Posts
    It'd be nice if you tell us what issues you're experiencing exactly so we can tell you if it's a widespread issue or not..
    Like I said above, the mouse occasionally won't register any movements. Like when I'm in an FPS, I'll try to quickly point to an enemy and it won't move at all. I wish I could say more, but I can't seem to find any pattern to when it happens. Sometime it has no issue with it, others it fails to track at all.

Since the first post I made, I found other people stating they had the same issue, and I even found a video with a "fix" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p85ikiDAPvI), however the fix they found did nothing for me.

2. Post #1882
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,771 Posts
    Like I said above, the mouse occasionally won't register slight or fast movements. Like when I'm in an FPS, I'll try to quickly point to an enemy and it won't move at all. I wish I could say more, but I can't seem to find any pattern to when it happens. Sometime it has no issue with it, others it fails to track at all.

Since the first post I made, I found other people stating they had the same issue, and I even found a video with a "fix" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p85ikiDAPvI), however the fix they found did nothing for me.
    If that's what you're suffering from, that's a blatant sensor malfunction, did you get your ECx-A NIB or used? If you got it used, it's possible the person before you was using it on a hardpad so they changed the LoD default to the one for hardpads, the sensor will track but when you lift it up and set it down it will stop tracking for a period of time, this can be fixed by changing the LoD setting on your mouse. Try all 3 of them.

3. Post #1883
    March 2009
    19,633 Posts
    I got it new, but I'll still give that a shot.

4. Post #1884
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    Either that or your sensor is fucked (which is incredibly unlikely).

Edited:

Actually what sort of pad are you using it on?

Dirty cloth pads can cause tracking issues for low LOD mice so clean it. The same can happen with mice in general on really worn hardpads.

5. Post #1885
    March 2009
    19,633 Posts
    I'm using a fairly new cloth pad, and I did clean it when I started having the issue. I just upped the LOD and it was still giving me trouble.

6. Post #1886
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,771 Posts
    I'm using a fairly new cloth pad, and I did clean it when I started having the issue. I just upped the LOD and it was still giving me trouble.
    Return it then, that definitely sounds like the LED you got is faulty and randomly stops illuminating the sensor or something.

Also Roccat said this

It's not just marketing. We actually did work together with Avago on this sensor and it's not the 3360 sensor.

7. Post #1887
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    so its a 3360 with a new srom

yay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1888
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,771 Posts
    so its a 3360 with a new srom

yay
    That's exactly what I said.

9. Post #1889
    March 2009
    19,633 Posts
    So after this I may be a little apprehensive on getting a new EC1-A. The other mouse I was looking into was the wired G403. Any thoughts on that one?

10. Post #1890
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,771 Posts
    So after this I may be a little apprehensive on getting a new EC1-A. The other mouse I was looking into was the wired G403. Any thoughts on that one?
    Better sensor, can be found for cheaper than a NIB ECx-A, terrible cable in comparison to the ECx-A, lots of QC issues (my G403 had a really mushy right click and a super tactile left click, lots of reports of rattling scroll wheels, lots of reports of mushy middle clicks and really hard to press in middle clicks, lots of reports of the wheel feeling like trash and some feeling really good, etc), better click delay, awful mouse feet, better coating, rubber side grips that may or may not rot away after a while.

That's about all there is to cover, I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #1891
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    Basically get a Deathadder 3G V2/V3.

Edited:

Kinzu - Not Even Once

12. Post #1892
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,771 Posts
    After I get my pizza from the delivery person, I'll show the right and wrong way to hold the Kinzu.

13. Post #1893
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,204 Posts
    Rival 100 is overpriced.
    $30 is pretty good for it imo.

14. Post #1894
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    That's about 4 WMO's though.

15. Post #1895
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,771 Posts
    It's an Avago 3050 being sold for $30, that's a pretty poor price for an A3050, you get very little control over CPI steps due to the DSP scaler only being able to notice natives in 250 steps. The only good thing about the Rival 100 is the thing can do over 4m/s, which is almost 2x the speed of a normal 3050.

Edited:

I have long fingernails right now, but whatever, it shows the problem well enough. Take note of the sensor position, the finger position, and both of those in relation to the base of my hand (you can't see my wrist, but the base of my hand should give enough of an idea of the angle my wrist is at)

Bad:

Good:

You can see, due to how far back the sensor is in the "bad" position, if I was to aim with just my wrist then I would have to torque it at crazy angles just to turn 45 degrees, when I hold it in the "good" position, even though the sensor position in regards to my hand is absolute garbage as the cursor would rotate when I rotate my wrist, aka rotational error (angle snapping helps with this) the sensor position is further up and closer to underneath my knuckles, rather than underneath my palm which means I have to torque my wrist much less to turn the same amount.

And that's the story of how the Kinzu wrecked my wrist.

16. Post #1896
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    In general you want your thumb to be next to the sensor or so. Obviously depends based on mouse shape (ie comedic sensor placement) but normally it's a good idea to have it around there.

17. Post #1897
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    You need to read the old thread in the archives then. That'll really get you going.

Edited:

and he's gone rip

18. Post #1898
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,771 Posts
    Bought a Deathadder 3.5g Black on eBay, it's detected on my PC as "Razer Deathadder" and it has "3.5g Black" as the model number but it has the same LED illumination method as my DA 3g v2 and the LOD isn't crazy high. I'm confused right now, it's either a DA:BE with a 3g v2 inside (aka win for me) or a fake, probably the latter.

EDIT: Click delay is locked at 9ms.

This mouse isn't actually that bad, little heavy and the cable needs to be debraided because it's fraying like crazy, but with some new mouse feet I'd be happy to use it.

EDIT 2: Detected as a 3.5g Black by the software, CPI steps work, firmware version is 1.01 but the LoD is still around 2.4mm, about 1.2mm with tape trick. I have no idea what's going on right now.

19. Post #1899
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    only solution is to take it apart and inspect the pcb

this might be the best made fake ever

20. Post #1900
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,055 Posts
    I've been using a zowie fk2 for a few months and I really don't like it.

The mouse itself is perfect. Sensors are accurate and its' good to use.

However, the material they use is so bad. I've never had a problem with sweaty hands before this mouse. I have to put a piece of tissue paper over the mouse to prevent it from being so oily and slick. And yes, I constantly wash my hands, when I touch something though it warms up and becomes hot so my hands become slightly sweaty and oily. Also I try to use claw grip, but that just makes it so my finger/thumb tips area is all oily, not the palm part.

I just want my logitech g500 back...

Does anyone know of a good mouse with material that's not like this? It doesn't have to be rubber or something, but this is disgusting and infuriating.

21. Post #1901
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    2,121 Posts
    I see lots of players in csgo lans having some kind of tissue to dry their hands after every round, maybe it's an unfixable problem

22. Post #1902
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,055 Posts
    I see lots of players in csgo lans having some kind of tissue to dry their hands after every round, maybe it's an unfixable problem
    The thing is though I've never had this big a problem with my old G500. Sure there was a problem, that's just how my body works I guess, but it was never this bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #1903
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    The thing is though I've never had this big a problem with my old G500. Sure there was a problem, that's just how my body works I guess, but it was never this bad.
    Just sand the coating off. That's what everyone used to do to their Deathadders when the coating turned into a diseased mush.

Edited:

those are handwarmers lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #1904
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    should i add a warning to the op about how cancer zowie scrolls are

25. Post #1905
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,771 Posts
    You think the coating on the newer Zowie mice is bad? Good lord, the old coating would literally fall and flake apart. It was awful, it happened often on the EC eVo (non-CL) and FK non-1/2/'14 refresh. It was baddddd.

Also, debraided the 3.5g, gonna order some new feet for it here shortly, then I can actually test it. It's a fixer upper to say the least, but I got it for $16 shipped so I ain't even mad.

26. Post #1906
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    2,121 Posts
    Why bother debraiding when you could have a bungee that makes the wire not even thouch the pad

27. Post #1907
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,771 Posts
    Why bother debraiding when you could have a bungee that makes the wire not even thouch the pad
    I...do have one? I use a Razer bungee, the cable was fraying because I guess it was used by its past owner relatively often, and there were a lot of places where the cable was pushing through the braid, so the cable was caught all over itself and tangling very easily, also braided cables don't hold shapes that I form them into very easily and are often very stiff, so they take up a fuckload of space in my mouse box.

Braided cables are just obnoxious.

This is the image the seller used for the DA 3.5g Black, but you can see that it's kinked all over and frayed to hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #1908
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    2,121 Posts
    Ah ok i thought you debraided them because they have too much friction or smth

29. Post #1909
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    Successfully flashed my 3G V3 with 1.28NDC. Set all profiles to 450cpi@500Hz and now I never have to install Razers malware drivers again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #1910
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,771 Posts
    I will give you all a Christmas gift later and show you my entire collection of mice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #1911
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    I found a wireless lolgitech rollerball mouse in the garage today. Probably still better than Kinzu.

If I had a camera I'd take a picture of all my mice too.

32. Post #1912
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,771 Posts
    I found a wireless lolgitech rollerball mouse in the garage today.
    It must be older than me.

33. Post #1913
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    what really gets me is that when playing on na mm servers i was called kiddo by a child who was younger than my wmo

how can you even call someone kiddo when their mouse is older than you

34. Post #1914
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,771 Posts
    I got too lazy to show my entire collection of mice, it's not very impressive anyhow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #1915
    September 2013
    17,508 Posts
    I have 3 unless you count a magic trackpad or the trackpad on my logitech wireless keyboard/touchpad.

36. Post #1916
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    I've said this before but I have 4: WMO, DA 3G V3, FK1, Aurora

37. Post #1917
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,771 Posts
    I have more than most people in this thread I'm sure.

SS Xai, 4 SS Kinzu v1s, Zowie FK, Zowie EC2-A, Zowie AM, Nixeus Revel, DM1 Pro, DM1 Pro S, Razer DA 3.5g BE, Broken Razer DA 3.5g I got off eBay, Razer DA 3g V2, G403, G402, G Pro, Hori Edge, G100s

38. Post #1918
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    dont you have more clown mice than that

39. Post #1919
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,771 Posts
    I have OMB + 2 broken WMOs as well, but nothing super clown. My Mamba is lost at sea.

40. Post #1920
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,951 Posts
    it went with r0ach to find atlantis
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)