1. Post #1841
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,687 Posts
    no

Edited:

Anyone know here if its possible to easily swap in a WMO's pcb into an Aurora? It looks like the PCBs are idential, the WMO has some different looking switches but they're in the same location.
    that was the entire point of the aurora pcb shape, to be able to just drop a wmo pcb in

bst even made a wmorora whilst he was developing the mouse

2. Post #1842
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,726 Posts
    Found someone in Europe willing to make the perfect mouse for someone, so if you want a specific shape with a specific sensor then there's a guy out there willing to do it, it has to be multi PCB though.

I'm getting a 3366 Kinzu w/ D2F-01Fs.

3. Post #1843
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,687 Posts
    You're probably better off waiting for bstmouse 2.0 and sticking D2F-01F's in it.

Edited:

also 3668>3366

4. Post #1844
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,726 Posts
    You're probably better off waiting for bstmouse 2.0 and sticking D2F-01F's in it.

Edited:

also 3668>3366
    Rather not wait for a mouse that may never arrive at my door, will not have the Aurora shape, will not have the native 50 CPI increments, can possibly have firmware written by a Chinese child if he doesn't change MCU, and etc.

It might not even be a small mouse, and I have baby hands. I'd much rather have a mouse I know works with my hand and pay a little bit more.

5. Post #1845
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,255 Posts
    BlueTrack is what they were using in the IME 4.0, it's not that great and is locked at 125Hz polling rate iirc, for office work that mouse will be fine, for gaming it will probably be terrible.
    OK, I'm only planning on using if for Surface pro and doing 3D stuff.

6. Post #1846
    December 2014
    1,680 Posts
    Looking for a good mouse under 30 USD, how is the G300s?

7. Post #1847
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,255 Posts
    Went to a Microsoft shop and I still can't tell the difference between this mouse and this mouse. Apart paying more for $30 more for taller middle bit and a the lighter grey, I can't see any real difference.

8. Post #1848
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,726 Posts
    Looking for a good mouse under 30 USD, how is the G300s?
    G300s is fine, has the same debounce delay as the G303 without the lift-off delay (so 1ms, 25ms release delay) but the sensor position is pretty bad, I would recommend a G100s over it if you find the egg shape comfortable and can find it cheap enough (I got mine for $9) because you can buy 3 of them for dirt cheap and they should last you at least 2 years.

9. Post #1849
    October 2009
    1,440 Posts
    Finally got my replacement mouse feet for my G502 (hotline competition).

Pretty good, definitely an improvement over the stock ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 New Opera Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1850
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,687 Posts
    potato peel is better than most stock feet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #1851
    December 2014
    1,680 Posts
    Okay, I decided to buy the G300s. I love it, playing games with this is so much more comfortable now. No regrets at all.

12. Post #1852
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,687 Posts
    Okay, I decided to buy the G300s. I love it, playing games with this is so much more comfortable now. No regrets at all.
    But is it accurate?

13. Post #1853
    December 2014
    1,680 Posts
    But is it accurate?
    Yes. Now it is much easier to aim in FPS compared to the last one I was using (Microsoft Deisgner Bluetooth Mouse). No problems so far outside of games either.

14. Post #1854
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,687 Posts
    Yes. Now it is much easier to aim in FPS compared to the last one I was using (Microsoft Deisgner Bluetooth Mouse). No problems so far outside of games either.
    but it doesn't even have a 1px deadzone how can it be truly accurate ? ? ?

15. Post #1855
    September 2013
    16,934 Posts
    but it doesn't even have a 1px deadzone how can it be truly accurate ? ? ?
    Chubbs ur scaring off the fresh blood.

16. Post #1856
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,687 Posts
    Chubbs ur scaring off the fresh blood.
    whoops

what happened to your avatar?

17. Post #1857
    September 2013
    16,934 Posts
    whoops

what happened to your avatar?
    I had to prove a point to someone. I haven't even had avatars turned on for over a year so I keep forgetting I did that though.

18. Post #1858
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,726 Posts
    You're getting baited by Chubbs. I said something stupid when I was new, so now it's a shitpost meme. Good to hear though, upgrading from a wireless mouse to a proper gaming mouse is always such a big difference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1859
    September 2013
    16,934 Posts
    I upgraded from this piece of shit Zowie to this surface bluetooth mouse. So much gooder.

Edited:

I actually do need to find a compact bluetooth mouse for my SP3 though...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #1860
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,726 Posts

Who the fuck made this?
    G500 god tier but MX518 good tier?
    DA + DA:BE decent tier but the Ikari is good tier?
    Seiph 3200 "decent tier" with that 0.3m/s malfunction speed on cloth?
    Any Corsair mouse above "stupid tier"?
    Sensei, G9x, Spawn, and Xai are god tier?

A god damn idiot made this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #1861
    September 2013
    16,934 Posts
    At least they have the Kinzu in the right place
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

22. Post #1862
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,687 Posts

Who the fuck made this?

the god9x

the only correctly placed mice on there are the ime/kinzu/mamba/sidewinder x9 and the rat shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1863
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,726 Posts
    You guys bully the Kinzu too much, it's trying its best okay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #1864
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    25,524 Posts
    So I bought a Zowie EC1-A and I'm having issue where it just occasionally doesn't register slight movements. Is that a known issue for the mouse? Should I return it and try it again, or would I be better off with something else?

25. Post #1865
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    4,560 Posts

Who the fuck made this?

At least the Kinzu is where it belongs, am I right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply iPhone Safari United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

26. Post #1866
    December 2014
    1,680 Posts
    You're getting baited by Chubbs. I said something stupid when I was new, so now it's a shitpost meme. Good to hear though, upgrading from a wireless mouse to a proper gaming mouse is always such a big difference.
    Haha, I knew I was new in this thread when I had no idea what they were saying

At home I use the Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse, connected by PS/2 because my desktop's motherboard from 2016 still has PS/2 ports and the USB ports are used up. That mouse is pretty good for how cheap it is, but I will have to compare between it and the G300s I bought when I go home. The G300s will probably win though, considering the amount of buttons and the DPI.

27. Post #1867
    July 2008
    896 Posts
    So does anyone know of any quality chinese mice ? Some bloke on the internet said that the stuff that they export is shite but the electronics chinese sell locally can rival those expensive brands like Razer, Logitech and etc, that I can't afford. I only need a mouse with 3 buttons (none of that sidebuttons and macros jazz ), a scrollwheel and maybe a button to change dpi setting.
    Any brands you guys can recommend, or perhaps there's some cheap western equivalents for less than 20 euros ?

I am of course doing my own research too as we speak, just if someone's got a sure recommendation then I'm all ears.

28. Post #1868
    SK17a
    October 2010
    21,169 Posts

Who the fuck made this?

This seems a bit old because the G700s isn't there and it should be better than the G700.

29. Post #1869
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,687 Posts
    This seems a bit old because the G700s isn't there and it should be better than the G700.
    if thats the issue you find with it then i dont know what to say

Edited:

So does anyone know of any quality chinese mice ? Some bloke on the internet said that the stuff that they export is shite but the electronics chinese sell locally can rival those expensive brands like Razer, Logitech and etc, that I can't afford. I only need a mouse with 3 buttons (none of that sidebuttons and macros jazz ), a scrollwheel and maybe a button to change dpi setting.
    Any brands you guys can recommend, or perhaps there's some cheap western equivalents for less than 20 euros ?

I am of course doing my own research too as we speak, just if someone's got a sure recommendation then I'm all ears.
    read the cheap section in the op

me and reyjr spent ages on it so use it please

Either way for 20 euros the only mouse you're getting new that's any good is the Ninox Aurora, which you can read about in the OP. Other than that you're looking at getting stuff off eBay (G100s, WMO, IME 3.0, Deathadder 3G V2).

Also the Chinese export the exact same mice that they sell domestically, but for like half the price.

30. Post #1870
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,943 Posts

Who the fuck made this?

You should make such a guide tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #1871
    July 2008
    896 Posts

Edited:

Also the Chinese export the exact same mice that they sell domestically, but for like half the price.
    Went with chinese knockoff Deathadder 3g, with quality and performance close to originals according to reviews. Even if it happens to be shite, it cant be worse than the usual 3 to 5 euro acme or gembird mice that I use.
    Thank you for suggestions, and sorry for not reading op thoroughly. Really appreciate it.

32. Post #1872
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    3,021 Posts
    Highly recommend the Steelseries Rival 100 or Rival 300!

33. Post #1873
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,726 Posts
    Highly recommend the Steelseries Rival 100 or Rival 300!
    Rival 100 is overpriced.

You should make such a guide tbh
    Good idea. Would help reduce the wall of text that is OP.

Edited:
    read the cheap section in the op

me and reyjr spent ages on it so use it please

Either way for 20 euros the only mouse you're getting new that's any good is the Ninox Aurora, which you can read about in the OP. Other than that you're looking at getting stuff off eBay (G100s, WMO, IME 3.0, Deathadder 3G V2).

I got my G100s for $9 new off of eBay. I got a Razer DA:BE for $16 shipped, used though. Can't go wrong with sites like that as long as you're patient.

34. Post #1874
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,687 Posts
    The problem with an image guide is that we'd just end up sticking all the text on it anyway.

35. Post #1875
    SK17a
    October 2010
    21,169 Posts

That is obviously not the only issue I see with it

36. Post #1876
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,687 Posts
    Went with chinese knockoff Deathadder 3g, with quality and performance close to originals according to reviews. Even if it happens to be shite, it cant be worse than the usual 3 to 5 euro acme or gembird mice that I use.
    Thank you for suggestions, and sorry for not reading op thoroughly. Really appreciate it.
    I wouldn't expect much. It'll be a generic office sensor inside a mostly Deathadder-shaped shell. Generally the people who review such mice don't actually know what they're talking about, resulting in things like the image Reyjr posted higher up on this page.

37. Post #1877
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    25,524 Posts
    So my previous mouse was a g500 and while I generally heard it wasn't that great of a mouse, it served me well for many years. Unfortunately it broke just a few weeks ago. I got a Zowie EC1-A to replace it, but even that's been giving me issues (as stated above) and I'm going to end up returning it.

Should I try my luck again with the EC1-A or should I try something else? I like the feel of the EC1-A, but still prefer the shape of the g500 (given I used it for so many years). Is there a mouse with a similar shape and functionality of the g500 that would be worth buying, moreso than just going for another EC1-A and hoping it works?

38. Post #1878
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,726 Posts
    I wouldn't expect much. It'll be a generic office sensor inside a mostly Deathadder-shaped shell. Generally the people who review such mice don't actually know what they're talking about, resulting in things like the image Reyjr posted higher up on this page.
    It's either that or one of the 3 button DA 3gs with a real 3668 in it but a 1m/s max tracking speed (i-Cafe versions with shitty firmware.)

So my previous mouse was a g500 and while I generally heard it wasn't that great of a mouse, it served me well for many years. Unfortunately it broke just a few weeks ago. I got a Zowie EC1-A to replace it, but even that's been giving me issues (as stated above) and I'm going to end up returning it.

Should I try my luck again with the EC1-A or should I try something else? I like the feel of the EC1-A, but still prefer the shape of the g500 (given I used it for so many years). Is there a mouse with a similar shape and functionality of the g500 that would be worth buying, moreso than just going for another EC1-A and hoping it works?
    It'd be nice if you tell us what issues you're experiencing exactly so we can tell you if it's a widespread issue or not.

Also, Roccat has engineered a new sensor called the "Owl-Eye" and it can be seen here: http://www.roccat.org/en-US/Labs/owl-eye/

We developed the world-beating Owl-Eye by modifying Avago’s leading optical sensor to our needs
    Yet another Avago sensor.

39. Post #1879
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,687 Posts

honestly your issue sounds like a problem with your mousepad cause the ec1-a doesn't have a deadzone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #1880
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,726 Posts
    honestly your issue sounds like a problem with your mousepad cause the ec1-a doesn't have a deadzone
    Or an incorrectly set Windows sensitivity, which causes a processed/artificial deadzone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)