1. Post #1801
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,834 Posts
    the g502 has so many customizable buttons i dont even know what to with them
    Yeah, remove them and the children PCBs to lower the weight.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1802
    HQRSE FUCKER
    September 2009
    2,242 Posts
    remove the sensor and the mouse body as well to minimize weight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #1803
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,834 Posts
    remove the sensor and the mouse body as well to minimize weight
    Lens is heavier than the actual sensor is though...?

4. Post #1804
    HQRSE FUCKER
    September 2009
    2,242 Posts
    that too.

Edited:

basically just remove everything until it's just a cable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #1805
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,834 Posts
    that too.

Edited:

basically just remove everything until it's just a cable
    Remove the braiding off the cable, and the plastic/rubber coating the cable. It better just be copper wires by the end.

6. Post #1806
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,124 Posts
    tbh easier just to not buy a g502

7. Post #1807
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,541 Posts
    Just use the Apple Trackpad instead

8. Post #1808
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,124 Posts
    from you i'm half expecting that to be a serious suggestion

i mean you've unironically told people to buy office mice before

9. Post #1809
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,541 Posts
    well it's terrible for gaming but if you do use Mac, then it's a very nice pointing device. And I don't remember that time, I probably did tho.

10. Post #1810
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,124 Posts
    you've done it at least once, i remember you recommending the mx master to someone

11. Post #1811
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,834 Posts
    you've done it at least once, i remember you recommending the mx master to someone
    The MX (48ms click latency lowest, 125Hz report rate, laser sensor) MASTER
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #1812
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,541 Posts
    Oh yeah I did, I think it was because they wanted a decent wireless mouse for general computer use with some occasional gaming. I think they asked about other peoples opinions on the MX Master tho.

13. Post #1813
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,124 Posts
    48ms click latency and 125Hz on gaming? i arent think that

14. Post #1814
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,214 Posts
    "i arent think that"
    i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about mx master. u wouldnt say this shit to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Lebanon Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

15. Post #1815
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,834 Posts
    mx master he is the wireless mouse but the logitech he is the french technology
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #1816
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,834 Posts

Me - 2
    Shitty Logitech cable - 0

17. Post #1817
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    2,355 Posts
    Doesnt that fat bulge where you connected the wires scratch the pad even more now since it's most extreme parts are still braided?

Edited:

well given you don't have a very high mouse bungee

18. Post #1818
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,834 Posts
    Doesnt that fat bulge where you connected the wires scratch the pad even more now since it's most extreme parts are still braided?

Edited:

well given you don't have a very high mouse bungee
    No? The cable reliever is installed correctly, so it wouldn't do that. It's not like it causes a lot of friction when rubbing on the pad anyway (but I cut enough so that it doesn't do that) due to how smooth it is. I usually avoid debraiding a cable unless I have to though, I had to debraid this one because my bungee couldn't fit it since it was too thick, underneath it's like a floppy Zowie cable.

19. Post #1819
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,834 Posts

People on OCN, I swear this guy has never lurked that subforum before, I shill the Kinzu harder there than I do here.

20. Post #1820
    September 2013
    17,948 Posts
    Yeah people on OCN are pretty awful. I literally just use it for the trading subforum now.

21. Post #1821
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,124 Posts
    we need r0ach to come back from atlantis to save OCN with his extreme mouse bios optimisation technology
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1822
    September 2013
    17,948 Posts
    God r0ach threads... I miss that entertainment.

23. Post #1823
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,834 Posts
    "4k SROM has unacceptable amounts of smoothing OMG!!"
    "Use the standalone updater for the Kana, it removes a ton of smoothing"

qsxcv tests SROM 3b (4k SROM) and finds no smoothing, also I'm okay with most people on OCN, but some people are just so incompetent. That guy also posted these things, at one point Melan and I just called him out on using big technical words while not knowing what he's talking about.

24. Post #1824
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,124 Posts
    and i thought that fp mouse thread v1 was bad

"9800 is top sensor" im fucking dying what is this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1825
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,834 Posts
    Saying the 9800 is a top sensor is like saying the VT5366 is a top optical sensor after 10 years. It wasn't good for its time and it's definitely not good now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1826
    September 2013
    17,948 Posts
    I don't get why any of you think any sort of optical sensor can be the top anyways. Shit's way slower than fucking lasers.

27. Post #1827
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,834 Posts
    I don't get why any of you think any sort of optical sensor can be the top anyways. Shit's way slower than fucking lasers.
    Laser sensors have a much higher CPI so they're more accurate, isn't that obvious? Fucking sensor noobs over here.

28. Post #1828
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,124 Posts
    obviously the optimal sensor technology is the rollerball

direct contact with pad = more snappy raw responsiveness
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1829
    September 2013
    17,948 Posts
    But lasers go the speed of light.
    Optical goes the speed of optics, which don't move. SLOW!

30. Post #1830
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,124 Posts
    but how can light be faster than ball when ball is already touch surface but light has to get from mouse to surface ???

31. Post #1831
    September 2013
    17,948 Posts
    Science.

32. Post #1832
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,834 Posts
    We need to manipulate the laws of physics so light can go faster, it's going too slow so I'm getting noticeable input lag... smh my head, why hasn't science fixed this yet?

33. Post #1833
    September 2013
    17,948 Posts
    We need to manipulate the laws of physics so light can go faster, it's going too slow so I'm getting noticeable input lag... smh my head, why hasn't science fixed this yet?
    Razer increased the speed of light by overloading the acceleration matrix with DPI

Edited:

Zowiefags can't compete

34. Post #1834
    Gold Member

February 2005
    3,203 Posts
    If you're dead set on that shape get a Salmosa off eBay. Otherwise post in the mouse thread and we'll try to help you out some more.
    Salmosa doesn't look like it'd cut it, that being said I am claw grip so at the end of the day I could probably get used to another design.

My Lachesis is still in pristine condition bar some minor wear on the buttons after like 4 years which is pretty crazy considering the general track record of Razer among friends/myself of mice only lasting around a year.

I would much rather lean towards repair, right now my only issue is that the right click seems to depress itself much easier than it used to, so if I need to hold right click for whatever reason I need to do it quite hard to keep it down which is quite annoying for some games.

Not afraid of a soldering iron but I have no idea how to go about identifying what sort of switch is in there and I haven't been able to find anything online about it.

35. Post #1835
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,834 Posts
    Salmosa doesn't look like it'd cut it, that being said I am claw grip so at the end of the day I could probably get used to another design.

My Lachesis is still in pristine condition bar some minor wear on the buttons after like 4 years which is pretty crazy considering the general track record of Razer among friends/myself of mice only lasting around a year.

I would much rather lean towards repair, right now my only issue is that the right click seems to depress itself much easier than it used to, so if I need to hold right click for whatever reason I need to do it quite hard to keep it down which is quite annoying for some games.

Not afraid of a soldering iron but I have no idea how to go about identifying what sort of switch is in there and I haven't been able to find anything online about it.
    Most Razer mice are using D2FC-F-7Ns, so just buy some and replace that ish, be careful not to hold the iron on the socket for too long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

36. Post #1836
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,124 Posts
    This begs the question: is a Razer Lachesis truly worth repairing when the money could be spent on a WMO instead?

37. Post #1837
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,108 Posts
    Is this Microsoft mouse any good?

38. Post #1838
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,214 Posts
    We need to stop shitposting
    FTFY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App Lebanon Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1839
    Ask me about my Zimmerman fetish

March 2005
    4,146 Posts
    Anyone know here if its possible to easily swap in a WMO's pcb into an Aurora? It looks like the PCBs are idential, the WMO has some different looking switches but they're in the same location.

40. Post #1840
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,834 Posts
    BlueTrack is what they were using in the IME 4.0, it's not that great and is locked at 125Hz polling rate iirc, for office work that mouse will be fine, for gaming it will probably be terrible.