1. Post #1721
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    68,233 Posts
    this has definitely been talked about but how's the ducky secret mouse?

2. Post #1722
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,829 Posts
    this has definitely been talked about but how's the ducky secret mouse?
    It's very heavy for what it is (about 120g), if I remember correctly it's made of PBT and has LEDs out the ass in normal Ducky fashion, no software to configure, uses a 3310, it's just meh all around. Sort of like you as a mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

3. Post #1723
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    Think of it as Postal being a G403 and you being a Ducky Secret. One is a pretty good mod the other is an accident of a mod that shouldn't have happened.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #1724
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,700 Posts
    Is what the front page says about laser mice still applicable?

5. Post #1725
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    Is what the front page says about laser mice still applicable?
    It will be applicable forever pretty much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #1726
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    68,233 Posts
    Think of it as Postal being a G403 and you being a Ducky Secret. One is a pretty good mod the other is an accident of a mod that shouldn't have happened.
    thats pretty rough against postal but fair enough dude

Edited:

It's very heavy for what it is (about 120g), if I remember correctly it's made of PBT and has LEDs out the ass in normal Ducky fashion, no software to configure, uses a 3310, it's just meh all around. Sort of like you as a mod.
    i think you mean as a person

Edited:

i recall people being really into their keyboards which is why i was not sure
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #1727
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    thats pretty rough against postal but fair enough dude

Edited:

i think you mean as a person
    nt fakemod

nice bait

Edited:

they attempted to make their mouse like their keyboards: heavy and with tons of LEDs

sadly this is the opposite of good for mouse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1728
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,700 Posts
    ok, so what's a good replacement for a Logitec G9x? Something that is similar, but optical.

Hell, maybe even wireless.

9. Post #1729
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    There aren't really any good mice with a G9x shape, along with it being one of the smallest mice ever made length-wise.

You can either get a crap mouse which has the same shape (CM Xornet, other assorted shitmice) or a not crap mouse with a different shape. I'm going to assume you have small hands and claw or fingertip grip for the purposes of recommending you other mice, so all of these are small whilst also being at a bare minimum acceptable as mice:

Zowie ZA13 - Uses a PMW3310. This is probably the best modern small mouse, it's the same as all the other Zowie mice but is the smallest by quite a margin. Well built, no acceleration, no angle snapping, minor smoothing, very low lift off distance of under a millimeter. 400/800/1600/3200 dpi steps. Generally inoffensive. It also isn't discontinued unlike a lot of other mice I'll be recommending.
    Microsoft WMO 1.1a - This is arguably the best mouse ever made, with the only issue being poor PCS and malfunction speed, it is also pretty small. No smoothing and no acceleration up until you exceed 1.5m/s, no angle snapping. Only has a 400 dpi step. Harder to find nowadays, but there are some trustworthy ebay sellers still selling them. Make sure the P/N starts with X08 or X80 to get one with an MLT04, X04 and X06 are agilent garbage.
    Microsoft Optical Mouse Blue (wired only) - Exactly the same as a WMO but inside a slightly different shell. Exceedingly rare, I would advise consulting Reyjr before making any potential purchases.
    Logitech G100s - Uses an AM010, which is a variant of an A3050. Shaped a bit like a flat egg, the sensor is good enough. Build quality isn't great with the switches just dying after a while. Capped at 500hz polling rate. Discontinued but appear regularly on ebay for very cheap new in box.
    Ninox Aurora - Uses a A3090. The story behind this mouse is very long and not really worth me typing out here, google "bst mouse" or some variation thereof for a wild ride involving ESReality and one mans dreams. The sensor performs as expected of a 3090, low/no smoothing and a high perfect control speed provided you set everything up correctly (>4m/s), incredibly light (70g), low click delay (~4ms) and is incredibly cheap. 400/800/1600/3200/4000 dpi steps. It does however have many glaring flaws: the firmware was written by a complete fucking cretin with 50ms of debounce delay which applies to all the switches at once for some reason, clicking the reset profile button in the software will brick the mouse, and the build quality is poor to the point of most of the mouse "rattling" due to pieces of plastic breaking off inside the buttons. It isn't discontinued yet and you can buy them new off amazon straight from bst himself. Just don't install the software cause you'll break your mouse.
    Razer Salmosa - S3668, which is a 3060 variant. No smoothing. No angle snapping. Perfect control speed is ~3.5m/s after which is negative accelerates until its malfunction speed of 4.5m/s. 450/900/1800 dpi steps. Essentially it's a Deathadder 3G (one of the all-time great mice) in a funky shell. Downsides are the high lift-off distance, the rarity of finding one and the fact that you wont be able to use another sensor ever again due to the sheer perfection of the 3668.

If you're OK with your mouse not being tiny then just hit up the OP, Reyjr did a good job with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #1730
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,829 Posts
    Ninox Brickrora

OMB more like

B
    O M B
    M
    B

Seriously though, the OMB has a pretty weird shape that slopes upward like /\ and creaks a lot, probably from age because the damn things have been discontinued forever and ever. The scroll wheel was nice for browsing webpages though, super flush and smooth, and it actually had some pretty good tactile feedback on the LMB/RMB. Weird specimen it was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #1731
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    After much deliberation in teamspeak, Reyjr and I have reached a conclusion. The G9x is the worst mouse ever made by quite a large margin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #1732
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,829 Posts
    After much deliberation in teamspeak, Reyjr and I have reached a conclusion. The G9x is the worst mouse ever made by quite a large margin.
    Lots of cable issues that lead to many a death of it, thicker braided cable than the current Logitech lineup, 9500, what could go wrong?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #1733
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,700 Posts
    There aren't really any good mice with a G9x shape, along with it being one of the smallest mice ever made length-wise.

You can either get a crap mouse which has the same shape (CM Xornet, other assorted shitmice) or a not crap mouse with a different shape. I'm going to assume you have small hands and claw or fingertip grip for the purposes of recommending you other mice, so all of these are small whilst also being at a bare minimum acceptable as mice:

Zowie ZA13 - Uses a PMW3310. This is probably the best modern small mouse, it's the same as all the other Zowie mice but is the smallest by quite a margin. Well built, no acceleration, no angle snapping, minor smoothing, very low lift off distance of under a millimeter. 400/800/1600/3200 dpi steps. Generally inoffensive. It also isn't discontinued unlike a lot of other mice I'll be recommending.
    Microsoft WMO 1.1a - This is arguably the best mouse ever made, with the only issue being poor PCS and malfunction speed, it is also pretty small. No smoothing and no acceleration up until you exceed 1.5m/s, no angle snapping. Only has a 400 dpi step. Harder to find nowadays, but there are some trustworthy ebay sellers still selling them. Make sure the P/N starts with X08 or X80 to get one with an MLT04, X04 and X06 are agilent garbage.
    Microsoft Optical Mouse Blue (wired only) - Exactly the same as a WMO but inside a slightly different shell. Exceedingly rare, I would advise consulting Reyjr before making any potential purchases.
    Logitech G100s - Uses an AM010, which is a variant of an A3050. Shaped a bit like a flat egg, the sensor is good enough. Build quality isn't great with the switches just dying after a while. Capped at 500hz polling rate. Discontinued but appear regularly on ebay for very cheap new in box.
    Ninox Aurora - Uses a A3090. The story behind this mouse is very long and not really worth me typing out here, google "bst mouse" or some variation thereof for a wild ride involving ESReality and one mans dreams. The sensor performs as expected of a 3090, low/no smoothing and a high perfect control speed provided you set everything up correctly (>4m/s), incredibly light (70g), low click delay (~4ms) and is incredibly cheap. 400/800/1600/3200/4000 dpi steps. It does however have many glaring flaws: the firmware was written by a complete fucking cretin with 50ms of debounce delay which applies to all the switches at once for some reason, clicking the reset profile button in the software will brick the mouse, and the build quality is poor to the point of most of the mouse "rattling" due to pieces of plastic breaking off inside the buttons. It isn't discontinued yet and you can buy them new off amazon straight from bst himself. Just don't install the software cause you'll break your mouse.
    Razer Salmosa - S3668, which is a 3060 variant. No smoothing. No angle snapping. Perfect control speed is ~3.5m/s after which is negative accelerates until its malfunction speed of 4.5m/s. 450/900/1800 dpi steps. Essentially it's a Deathadder 3G (one of the all-time great mice) in a funky shell. Downsides are the high lift-off distance, the rarity of finding one and the fact that you wont be able to use another sensor ever again due to the sheer perfection of the 3668.

If you're OK with your mouse not being tiny then just hit up the OP, Reyjr did a good job with that.
    What's weird is that I looked up on just getting a straight up replacement for my G9x with another one, but then I noticed the 240 dollar pricetag and thought: "How the hell did I get this for $60 dollars back in the day?!"

And apparently it's a shit mouse too! No wonder why I got it on sale. Also the cable was frayed to shit because of my desk edge.

14. Post #1734
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    Don't forget its shaped like this fucker

Edited:

The reason it costs so much is because only complete lunatics are willing to buy them and it is discontinued.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #1735
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,829 Posts
    What's weird is that I looked up on just getting a straight up replacement for my G9x with another one, but then I noticed the 240 dollar pricetag and thought: "How the hell did I get this for $60 dollars back in the day?!"

And apparently it's a shit mouse too! No wonder why I got it on sale. Also the cable was frayed to shit because of my desk edge.
    Actually the reasoning behind its rarity is because it's discontinued now and most of the G9x died because of cables breaking internally where the bend occurs in the shell, this happened to the Logitech mice of that time quite often, MX518, G400, and G400s all had this issue, it creates an artificial rarity, not to mention the G9x wasn't ever a really popular mouse and the only reason people used it was because it had a good shape for them and was the successor to the well known G9.

The fraying occurs for most braided cables over the years and is another reason why I hate them, they become a mess after a while, so I usually just debraid the cables.

16. Post #1736
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,700 Posts
    Ah, that makes sense.

I looked at both the Logitech G900 and the Logitech G403, and I'm thinking about going with the wireless G403. Is wireless worth the extra 30 bucks?

17. Post #1737
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,829 Posts
    Ah, that makes sense.

I looked at both the Logitech G900 and the Logitech G403, and I'm thinking about going with the wireless G403. Is wireless worth the extra 30 bucks?
    Sure, definitely worth the extra money if you want to go wireless, but keep in mind that the weight will be a little heavier sitting at about 103g iirc because it has a battery in it.

The G900 is very low and long, kind of comparable to an FK1/FK2, so if your hands are too small they might fall into the little grooves that separate the buttons from the shell, so the G403 is a more safe shape if you don't want to go through returning the G900 if it's not your thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #1738
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    5,653 Posts
    So for some reason Amazon canceled my G403 payment and I missed out on the Black Friday sale... oh well, another time. I'm already pretty content with my FK2 and I joined the HiFiMan RE-00 drop on Massdrop.

19. Post #1739
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,829 Posts
    So for some reason Amazon canceled my G403 payment and I missed out on the Black Friday sale... oh well, another time. I'm already pretty content with my FK2 and I joined the HiFiMan RE-00 drop on Massdrop.
    Contact them and bitch at them about it, Amazon has wonderful customer support, I'm sure they'll find a way to get the G403 to you for the price you paid. Did you ever get a Kinzu or is that dream ded?

FM pls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #1740
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    They have to use an exploit to reflash the firmware on their own mouse?

What a bunch of utter mongoloids.

21. Post #1741
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,229 Posts
    I just bought the Logitech G502. I heard so much good and so much bad things about it, so it made me nervous. I'm using it right now and I think it's awesome. People said it was too small (I have large hands), slippery, horrible scroll that is slippery metal. So far I've noticed none of those issues. The only problem I have is the Sniper button that I easily press, and I hope the software can fix that. People say the "gliding" stuff underneath, will eventually get lose and stuff, but we'll see.

22. Post #1742
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    You can correct the weight of the G502 by replacing the scroll wheel with one from a normal mouse. Or just remove it all together to save like 30g.

23. Post #1743
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,829 Posts

This is what happens when two mouse megathread posters collaborate to update the OP again.

24. Post #1744
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    not my fault you put the kinzu in the wrong place

25. Post #1745
    September 2013
    17,355 Posts
    None of the mice in the OP have the highest DPI out there, you should probably reevaluate your priorities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #1746
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    6,738 Posts
    Wow, the EC1-A got here in only two days with standard shipping, that's crazy.

It's more comfortable than I thought it would be based on the dimensions, fits super nice. Good mouse.

27. Post #1747
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    Wow, the EC1-A got here in only two days with standard shipping, that's crazy.

It's more comfortable than I thought it would be based on the dimensions, fits super nice. Good mouse.
    But is it accurate?

28. Post #1748
    November 2010
    6,738 Posts
    But is it accurate?
    I'm no expert but it feels like it. And now I can click on my music player without dragging it around, so that's a plus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #1749
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,829 Posts
    I'm no expert but it feels like it. And now I can click on my music player without dragging it around, so that's a plus.
    You replied to a bait post.

30. Post #1750
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    baited and outsmarted

31. Post #1751
    November 2010
    6,738 Posts
    You replied to a bait post.
    Time to retreat to the hole of shame
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

32. Post #1752
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    new op deployed tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1753
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,829 Posts
    I feel the need to plug my Kinzu back in over my G403 but I have to resist the urge. The urge must be resisted.

34. Post #1754
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    5,653 Posts
    Contact them and bitch at them about it, Amazon has wonderful customer support, I'm sure they'll find a way to get the G403 to you for the price you paid. Did you ever get a Kinzu or is that dream ded?

FM pls.
    I wanted to get the G403 cause it was on a great price and I already spent my bday money on other stuffs and didn't have much of a budget for a Kinzu V1, as well as me being kind of skeptical about the malfunction speeds cause I flick my mouse real fast you know what im saying

It's okay though, maybe on christmas.

35. Post #1755
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    Get a WMO. Better than a Kinzu V1 in every way and much cheaper.

Hell even a Ninox Aurora would do better for you than a Kinzu V1. Just make sure to get a spare set of WMO feet from somewhere in case your pad has pcs issues with only one set on it.

Dont do mouse accel kids.

36. Post #1756
    September 2013
    17,355 Posts
    So how long do we think it'll take for Razer or someone to release a mouse with USB 3.0 simply because it needs the extra power for LED's and "features"?

37. Post #1757
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,829 Posts
    Get a WMO. Better than a Kinzu V1 in every way and much cheaper.

Hell even a Ninox Aurora would do better for you than a Kinzu V1. Just make sure to get a spare set of WMO feet from somewhere in case your pad has pcs issues with only one set on it.

Dont do mouse accel kids.
    He would still hit the malfunction speed of the WMO if he's worried about hitting the malfunction speed of the Kinzu v1, the difference is the Kinzu malfunctions at 1.5m/s and has a max tracking speed of 1.7m/s, the WMO malfunctions at 1.5m/s and has a max tracking speed of around 2.5m/s.

Aurora is good as long as you don't click reset profile.

And heck you, get addicted to mouse accel like me, I'm part of the next gen of gamers according to StoolSeries.

38. Post #1758
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    But How Can Mice Be Real If Accel Isn't Real ? ?

39. Post #1759
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,829 Posts
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1240739/b...#post_25696336

He has returned, and he's making a 3360 mouse weighted at 80g max without software to brick the mouse this time.

40. Post #1760
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,919 Posts
    well he says that he wont be letting a chinese child write the firmware this time so we should be in business