1. Post #1681
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,969 Posts
    Just bought a G403 for $35 and a Rival 300 for $40, the G403 gets here in 10 days from BestBuy curious to see which one I like better coming from a original G500.

2. Post #1682
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    Just bought a G403 for $35 and a Rival 300 for $40, the G403 gets here in 10 days from BestBuy curious to see which one I like better coming from a original G500.
    Rival 300 is very thin at the grip width and very large at the base, the Rival gave me issues where my skin would actually roll underneath it and get pinched, it also has some firmware issues where it would randomly spin out, not sure if that was fixed or not. Cable was kinda sticky and stuck to the table pretty often, clicks were pretty mushy due to the shit tier Kaihua switches or the "SS Oranges" that are in it. I'm not really a big fan of the SS mice.

I talked about my G403 in last post on the page before this one, after some use I can say it's a very nice mouse, but it's not very close to the G400/G400s/G500 shape, it's closer to other ergo mice like the EC2-A.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #1683
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,969 Posts
    Rival 300 is very thin at the grip width and very large at the base, the Rival gave me issues where my skin would actually roll underneath it and get pinched, it also has some firmware issues where it would randomly spin out, not sure if that was fixed or not. Cable was kinda sticky and stuck to the table pretty often, clicks were pretty mushy due to the shit tier Kaihua switches or the "SS Oranges" that are in it. I'm not really a big fan of the SS mice.

I talked about my G403 in last post on the page before this one, after some use I can say it's a very nice mouse, but it's not very close to the G400/G400s/G500 shape, it's closer to other ergo mice like the EC2-A.
    I haven't played any sort of remotely competitive FPS yet but it seems okay so far, I definitely notice the increased effort of a click compared to my well worn in G500. I'm not incredibly impressed by it or anything though.

It's a nicely made mouse for around $40-50, if I was paying any more I'd expect far better out of it and for it to feel nicer in the hand. I feel like the large gaps in the design for instance around the Rival tag and casing are more there to hide it fitting together poorly. It gives when I squeeze it and it feels too much like a cheap Razer product. Specifically like a OG Deathadder which lasted roughly 50 times shorter than my G500 did which still functions perfectly fine.

The Steelseries software is very nicely designed and works really well. It's a nice straight forward and simple software compared to the mess that Logitech's program is, although the features in Logitech's always work nicely.

I also already miss unlocking the scroll wheel, forgot how often I did that to spin to the bottom of a page.

4. Post #1684
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    I haven't played any sort of remotely competitive FPS yet but it seems okay so far, I definitely notice the increased effort of a click compared to my well worn in G500. I'm not incredibly impressed by it or anything though.

It's a nicely made mouse for around $40-50, if I was paying any more I'd expect far better out of it and for it to feel nicer in the hand. I feel like the large gaps in the design for instance around the Rival tag and casing are more there to hide it fitting together poorly. It gives when I squeeze it and it feels too much like a cheap Razer product. Specifically like a OG Deathadder which lasted roughly 50 times shorter than my G500 did which still functions perfectly fine.

The Steelseries software is very nicely designed and works really well. It's a nice straight forward and simple software compared to the mess that Logitech's program is, although the features in Logitech's always work nicely.

I also already miss unlocking the scroll wheel, forgot how often I did that to spin to the bottom of a page.
    Yeah, the part you're talking about with the Rival name plate and what not, that would quite literally fall out of the mouse while I was just casually playing games, not sure if that's a defect or not, but it did indicate that there was something wrong with how it was secured, it was pretty poorly molded as well, every SS mouse I've used had really sharp edges where the actual shell connected with other parts of the shell, my Kinzu had it really bad.

I generally avoid installing software because it has had negative impacts on performance in the past for some mice, especially ones related to Synapse, but I believe SS and Logi's software are the better software when it comes to these types of things, so it shouldn't negatively affect either mouse you got.

I'm someone who is incredibly picky about mice though, so it's possible you won't mind these things as much as I do.

5. Post #1685
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts

the best bit of the steelseries software is that it will automatically brick your kinzu v1 for you

truly revolutionary
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #1686
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    5,659 Posts
    I ordered the Logitech G403 while it was on sale for $35 but Amazon is declining my payment for whatever reason

7. Post #1687
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    the best bit of the steelseries software is that it will automatically brick your kinzu v1 for you

truly revolutionary
    That's only if you use 1.0.10, 1.0.7 is fine but for some reason if I opened the software it'd make my Kinzu not responsive, so I'd have to reboot. Wew lad.

8. Post #1688
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    That's only if you use 1.0.10, 1.0.7 is fine but for some reason if I opened the software it'd make my Kinzu not responsive, so I'd have to reboot. Wew lad.
    QUALITY SOFTWARE

9. Post #1689
    September 2013
    17,424 Posts
    At least my logitech software is somewhat decent, even if I do have to have an ancient version for my shit to actually work.

10. Post #1690

May 2016
    9 Posts
    I'm really glad coming from a razer mouse that the logitech software doesn't require an account, and just stores the profiles onto the mouse itself. The g503 looks pretty ridiculous, but that software feature is a big improvement.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Firefox Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #1691
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    23,257 Posts
    I'm really glad coming from a razer mouse that the logitech software doesn't require an account, and just stores the profiles onto the mouse itself. The g503 looks pretty ridiculous, but that software feature is a big improvement.
    I had a Deathadder Elite for about 12 hours because of this. I don't want to keep the shit installed, I don't want to keep it running, I just wanna program the mouse and then never touch it again.

Kind of a shame because the DAE shape was God damn perfect.

12. Post #1692
    SK17a
    October 2010
    21,316 Posts
    The on-board storage is really neat on select Logitech stuff and the software isn't half bad either. It's occasionally buggy from time to time but when it works, it works pretty well.

13. Post #1693
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) rip $5
    Dennab
    December 2009
    11,092 Posts
    Got the g502 now, its a lot heavier than I expected.

14. Post #1694
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    I had a Deathadder Elite for about 12 hours because of this. I don't want to keep the shit installed, I don't want to keep it running, I just wanna program the mouse and then never touch it again.

Kind of a shame because the DAE shape was God damn perfect.
    Arguably still better than the Ninox Aurora software bricking the mouse if you click the reset profile button

this is why you dont let two independent teams of chinese children code your mouse fw and software

15. Post #1695
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    Hyperglides released for the Logitech Pro...and they don't have a sensor foot, fucking stupid design choice by them, if all feet aren't the same (or close enough to the same) thickness then you're going to get the exact same problems that the sensor foot exists to keep from occurring, if you press down on the middle of the mouse then the shell will flex and the height between the mouse and the pad raises and lowers, causing fluctuating CPI.

This is EXACTLY why we don't use or recommend laser mice, fluctuating CPI.

16. Post #1696
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,969 Posts
    Got my G403 today, taking back the Rival or selling it to a buddy. The Logitech feels better built and doesn't squeak if you squeeze it a little. The mouse actually fits together and has tight smooth lines on all sides in areas which would show brutally bad build quality. I was also surprised by the rubberized sides, I sort of just bought it on impulse since I saw a couple mice on sale. It does definitely have that thin textured plastic feel that the Razer products I've felt did and the Steelseries too. The weight assembly is also really cool just being magnets. I can't say it fits in my hand amazing since I was in love with my G500 and it's perfect shape to my hand but it definitely fits really well and feels a bit better than the Rival 300 which isn't bad.

I noticed that there's an unsafe amount of give to the rubberized side under the side buttons that feels like it with snap and break into the side though, you can also click one of them by pressing there. I also feel like these mice just won't hold up like my previous G500, I'm guessing they're building these gaming mice with materials which will wear down like the rubberized sides so they don't last for nearly a decade. My main complaint is really that I felt like I could break something when pretty much trying to break it so that really doesn't mean a ton.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #1697
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    Got my G403 today, taking back the Rival or selling it to a buddy. The Logitech feels better built and doesn't squeak if you squeeze it a little. The mouse actually fits together and has tight smooth lines on all sides in areas which would show brutally bad build quality. I was also surprised by the rubberized sides, I sort of just bought it on impulse since I saw a couple mice on sale. It does definitely have that thin textured plastic feel that the Razer products I've felt did and the Steelseries too. The weight assembly is also really cool just being magnets. I can't say it fits in my hand amazing since I was in love with my G500 and it's perfect shape to my hand but it definitely fits really well and feels a bit better than the Rival 300 which isn't bad.

I noticed that there's an unsafe amount of give to the rubberized side under the side buttons that feels like it with snap and break into the side though, you can also click one of them by pressing there. I also feel like these mice just won't hold up like my previous G500, I'm guessing they're building these gaming mice with materials which will wear down like the rubberized sides so they don't last for nearly a decade. My main complaint is really that I felt like I could break something when pretty much trying to break it so that really doesn't mean a ton.
    I actually never noticed how thin the plastic and rubber beneath the side buttons on the G403 was until you mentioned it, that does feel very flimsy, but because I rest my finger so low on the mouse then it's not even a real problem for me, I do agree that it feels like it could break there if you pushed in too hard, but I don't really squeeze or throw around my peripherals when I get angry, so I doubt that'll be a major issue.

I actually like the shape of my G403 more than my G400, the G400 was super heavy but the rubberized sides on that felt like they lasted much longer, the rubber on the G403 is very iffy and I've noticed that when I get sweat buildup on the left and right side, if I go rubbing at it then the rubber will feel like it's peeling off, there's probably a plastic surface underneath but the right side will become a pain in the ass to grip once it's smooth or untextured plastic, this is because the right side doesn't actually have a lip near the top like the very exaggerated one on the G400, or say the Logi Pro, this leads me to believe that I'll have the same problems I had with many of the DeathAdders where I won't be able to pick it up because of the slope on the right side.

I also have an issue with the right side of the G403 where if I palm grip the mouse, which I'm kind of forced to do because my hands are so small that I can't claw grip it, my ring finger will dip over the edge if I'm not holding it like I did with the G400 where I hold my ring finger on top, if the ring finger and the pinkie are on the right side then the top knuckle of my ring finger is off the mouse, which can be uncomfortable and requires me to adjust my grip. I usually hold the mouse with my ring finger on the top though, I started doing that when I used the G400 and it just feels way more natural to me.

18. Post #1698
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
    November 2010
    6,742 Posts
    So reading through the OP, are there no good big mice? All the ones in the recommended list are so tiny, but I need something to replace my Mionix Naos now that the MMB's broken.

19. Post #1699
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    So reading through the OP, are there no good big mice? All the ones in the recommended list are so tiny, but I need something to replace my Mionix Naos now that the MMB's broken.
    Depends on the speed you need from the mouse, if you're a low sensitivity gamer then you won't want to use any MLT04 based mice like the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 due to its low malfunction speed, the EC1-A, FK1(+) and ZA11 are also bigger mice.

I can't really give you any true recommendations for "big" hands besides the generic ones that are recommended to people without any measurements of your hand size.

20. Post #1700
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    unless you're the elephant man you'll be fine with an fk1/ec1-a
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1701
    November 2010
    6,742 Posts
    Depends on the speed you need from the mouse, if you're a low sensitivity gamer then you won't want to use any MLT04 based mice like the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 due to its low malfunction speed, the EC1-A, FK1(+) and ZA11 are also bigger mice.

I can't really give you any true recommendations for "big" hands besides the generic ones that are recommended to people without any measurements of your hand size.
    Ok, palm width is 10cm, palm length is about 12.5cm (wrist to middle finger joint) and finger length is about 9.5cm (middle finger joint to middle finger tip).

22. Post #1702
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    Ok, palm width is 10cm, palm length is about 12.5cm (wrist to middle finger joint) and finger length is about 9.5cm (middle finger joint to middle finger tip).
    wtf is your hand a chode

Edited:

fk+ is probably your best bet

other things since reyjr told me to stop steal recommend: Deathadder 3g rev2/rev2.5/rev3
    IME 3.0

23. Post #1703
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    EC1-A might work, DA could work if you're alright with using an 800 step on the DA:Elite but you might also find a DA 3g could work if you don't mind the 1800 CPI native step, FK1+ might work as well since it's rather long and wide, IME 3.0 is probably one of the best mice for hands that large but low malfunction speed, G402 is really long but also very thin so you might find it cramps your hand if it's too thin.

EDIT: Flip off Chubbs u fuck, ur gonna get knocked the fuck out next time I see u in Steam chat

EDIT 2: Also don't get a DeathAdder 3.5g (3500 CPI) if you're going to get an older DA, the LoD is about 3.5mm which makes it unusable.

24. Post #1704
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    you could just not deathgrip your mouse to avoid cramps

Edited:

the da 3.5g is actually a terrible mouse

only the 3g (1800dpi) ones are dank

25. Post #1705
    November 2010
    6,742 Posts
    wtf is your hand a chode

Edited:

fk+ is probably your best bet

other things since reyjr told me to stop steal recommend: Deathadder 3g rev2/rev2.5/rev3
    IME 3.0
    I'll probably pass on the Deathadder, I had one of those a while ago (I think from the blue LED era), it just wasn't comfortable at all to use and I believe they're still using the same shell for them?

Guess I'll check out the EC1-A, since ambi mice aren't really my thing, especially ones with buttons on the right hand side that I'd always accidentally press.

26. Post #1706
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    a deathadder 3g is one of the old 1800dpi ones

the new ones are fucking trashtastic pieces of shit would rather use kinzu v1

the alternate side buttons on the ambi zowie mice are disabled, you can only have one side enabled at a time because USB HID protocols

27. Post #1707
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    You need to stop bullying my favorite mouse right now.

28. Post #1708
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    dont speak to me or my mouse ever again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #1709
    November 2010
    6,742 Posts
    a deathadder 3g is one of the old 1800dpi ones

the alternate side buttons on the ambi zowie mice are disabled, you can only have one side enabled at a time because USB HID protocols
    Oh, ok. I thought it'd be like this mouse I had before where all four buttons had different functions and all worked at the same time. The right-side had a button that would lower your DPI to about 100 and turn red LEDs on for "sniping" and I kept accidentally activating it. Got rid of that pile of garbage pretty quickly.

30. Post #1710
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    the da 3.5g is actually a terrible mouse

only the 3g (1800dpi) ones are dank

🤔
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #1711
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    fuck ive been exposed

Edited:

nvm LUL

~~ACCURATE~~
    fingertip/palm hybrid what is claw grip
    not understanding best scroll wheel

great poster 5/7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #1712
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    fuck ive been exposed
    You're lucky I told you I was a dumb a year ago and even gave you the post.

~A C C U R A T E~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #1713
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    You're lucky I told you I was a dumb a year ago and even gave you the post.

~A C C U R A T E~
    im the one who told you about the original mouse thread still being in the archives for you to pull my post out of

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8.1 Firefox United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #1714
    September 2013
    17,424 Posts
    Me: "Oh 16 recent posts in the mouse thread, maybe something cool happened"

Also me: "Oh..."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

35. Post #1715
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    Me: "Oh 16 recent posts in the mouse thread, maybe something cool happened"

Also me: "Oh..."
    Nothing ever cool happens in this thread. Ever.

36. Post #1716
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    6,926 Posts
    idk our funposting is pretty cool

37. Post #1717
    March 2014
    1,114 Posts
    I bought a hard mouse mat and I guess they couldn't find a box wide enough for it so they just sent it in a bagass box with the mousemat in sideways and filled it with way more bubblewrap than any sane person would put in.

I haven't had a chance to really test it since school got really busy just as it came in. I already threw away the box so this is the best picture I could find.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 10 Firefox United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #1718
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    What hard pad did you get? I had a Razer Manticor but it was a little too small for me, so I'm back to cloth for now.

39. Post #1719
    March 2014
    1,114 Posts
    I got the Logitech G440.

40. Post #1720
    BEST HL2RP SCHEMA
    November 2010
    1,831 Posts
    Ah, I heard those have significant changes in glide overtime.