1. Post #2561
    September 2013
    25 Posts
    Shit, need $phongtint support in the item compiler right now.

Well there is a dodgy workaround (which Valve have shown they don't mind people using with the Filamental) where you edit the template VMT to have the extra lines you want (in this case just $phongtint), lemme know if you need more detail

edit:

also let me know if you need maybe help flexing the chin thing perhaps
    My only question would be in which moment you edit the vmt to get it to work, I tried it once and the importer made me validate the whole thing again. And yeah, I could use some help with the flex, never made an item that needed it.

2. Post #2562
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,422 Posts
    you edit it before even giving the importer its texture

Edited:

someone said the most recent item that got in gold star update was 10 days before the update

3. Post #2563
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    7,642 Posts
    I'd say like The 20th would be the latest to leave submitting to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 2 (list)

4. Post #2564
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,025 Posts
    we're two days away from the deadline and i came up with this idea of a ground-battleship inspired soldier

I took inspiration from this boss from Metal Slug 2.
    reposting this from last page, i just got caught at the very bottom of the previous one :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Chile Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #2565
    I sell Bot Doggers and Bot Dogger accessories
    November 2011
    1,601 Posts
    we're two days away from the deadline and i came up with this idea of a ground-battleship inspired soldier

I took inspiration from this boss from Metal Slug 2.
    Fuck Halloween, I'm going to make this, and it's too cool to get restricted.

EDIT:

Metaru, I've added you because it WILL get done, and I intend to credit you when it gets on Workshop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #2566
    November 2010
    423 Posts

The Sniper hand fix has issues with Halloween mods as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #2567
    January 2012
    72 Posts

Update: The Sniper hand fix still doesn't like mods, Halloween ones included. Seems to only happen if you switch to Huntsman or SMG though.
    For a second there I thought that was Randomizer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #2568
    November 2011
    1,601 Posts
    More progress on the Demoman ghost armor set. Once again I've enlisted FiveEyes' help, so I'm sure the deadline will be no issue.

For starters, the misc: Pauldrons and a tattered cape. Jigglebones don't work yet, I hope to fix this:

As for the shield, I figured a tower shield would be a cool idea. Not only is it something that nobody has tried yet (as far as I know), but also the fact it will be transparent along with the rest of the set will mean it won't obscure the player's view too much. And it kinda looks like a tombstone, so that's a plus(?)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

9. Post #2569
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    1,742 Posts

well this is the only spot i can put it so it wont clip with anything. and its the mvm canteen spot. not sure if thats forbidden or not.

what should i do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #2570
    November 2011
    1,601 Posts

well this is the only spot i can put it so it wont clip with anything. and its the mvm canteen spot. not sure if thats forbidden or not.

what should i do?
    Roll with it, because it looks awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #2571
    Ona
    insert sausage
    June 2013
    1,275 Posts
    Remade the the "Flippin' Huge Knife":

Size comparison next to the Skullcutter, which I used for a size reference (I wasn't lying about the "Flippin' Huge" bit.)

1793 tris, but LODs will be easy to make for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #2572
    October 2012
    755 Posts
    OK so almost done with the new Minigun but the importer doesn't do weapons so I want to make sure I compile and pack this sucker correctly. I'm assuming I just emulate the importers packing structure (with the correct folder structure for c_models) correct? Do I need a schema file of some sort?

@Gooooooooooogle - What's so dumb about asking for help on something you are unsure of?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #2573
    Ona
    insert sausage
    June 2013
    1,275 Posts

what should i do?
    Roll with it. It's like the Demoman shoes slot, sometimes, you might have to choose canteen or this item. Seeing as canteens are literally useless in 90% of the game modes, I can't see it being a big deal. Looks great, by the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #2574
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    4,198 Posts

what should i do?
    fuk tha canteen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #2575
    Can't Keep Johnny Down
    April 2009
    2,445 Posts

Anyone claimed this one yet? If not, I'm doing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #2576
    January 2010
    1,718 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2577
    Ona
    insert sausage
    June 2013
    1,275 Posts
    need some help, guys. Trying to compile the Flippin' Huge Knife, and I'm getting an "error 4: Bad launch configuration" from GUIstudioMdl.

I remember getting this before, but I forget how to fix it.

Also, just in case, here's my QC, I haven't written one in ages so this is probably a bit shoddy:

$modelname "weapons\c_models\c_giantsword\c_giantsword.md l"
    $model "Body" "c_giantsword.smd"
    $lod 500 replacemodel "c_giantsword.smd" "c_giantsword_LOD1.smd"
    $lod 1200 replacemodel "c_giantsword.smd" "c_giantsword_LOD2.smd"
    $cdmaterials "models\weapons\c_items\"
    $hboxset "default"
    $hbox 0 "weapon_bone" -9.689 -10.645 -1.888 9.647 45.860 1.922
    // Model uses material "c_giantsword.vmt"
    $surfaceprop "metal"
    $illumposition -0.003 -0.000 19.015
    $sequence idle "idle" fps 30.00
    $collisionmodel "phymodel.smd" {

$mass 6.3
    $inertia 1.00
    $damping 0.00
    $rotdamping 4.00
    }
    Please to be helping?

18. Post #2578
    October 2012
    755 Posts
    need some help, guys. Trying to compile the Flippin' Huge Knife, and I'm getting an "error 4: Bad launch configuration" from GUIstudioMdl.

Also, just in case, here's my QC, I haven't written one in ages so this is probably a bit shoddy:

Please to be helping?
    I haven't been able to get GUIstudioMdl to work since steampipe. I just use Studiomdl now.

At a glance the .qc looks fine aside from the space in "c_giantsword.md l". I'd recommend decompiling a model and comparing the .QC files just to be sure you have the proper syntax. Also the draw distances on your LOD's look huge.

19. Post #2579
    Ona
    insert sausage
    June 2013
    1,275 Posts
    I haven't been able to get GUIstudioMdl to work since steampipe. I just use Studiomdl now.

At a glance the .qc looks fine aside from the space in "c_giantsword.md l". I'd recommend decompiling a model and comparing the .QC files just to be sure you have the proper syntax.
    Well, that QC is based off the one i used when I decompiled the skullcutter, so apart from that weird little thing you pointed out, it's pretty much a dead copy. Plus, I added LOD lines, of course.

Haven't used Studiomdl in ages ever since it failed on me continuously last I tried it. But I might as well give it another shot.

20. Post #2580
    July 2011
    662 Posts
    You gotta direct the Orange Box tools path to the "\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin" directory since it moved to SteamPipe.

21. Post #2581
    October 2012
    755 Posts
    You gotta direct the Orange Box tools path to the "\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\bin" directory since it moved to SteamPipe.
    That's what I did when the update dropped but it just refuses to work. Not a huge deal for me though. GUIstudiomdl only makes it slightly more convenient when compiling.

22. Post #2582
    December 2011
    1,742 Posts

Please to be helping?
    This may not fix it, but you went NUTS with those lod distances. 500 and 1200 are stupidly far. And you didnt do the lod lines right anyway, maybe try this instead.

Code:
    $modelname "weapons\c_models\c_giantsword\c_giantsword.mdl"
    $model "Body" "c_giantsword.smd"
    $lod 15
    {
    replacemodel "c_giantsword.smd" "c_giantsword_LOD1.smd"
    }
    $lod 30
    {
    replacemodel "c_giantsword.smd" "c_giantsword_LOD2.smd"
    }
    $cdmaterials "models\weapons\c_items\"
    $hboxset "default"
    $hbox 0 "weapon_bone" -9.689 -10.645 -1.888 9.647 45.860 1.922
    $surfaceprop "metal"
    $sequence idle "c_giantsword.smd" fps 30.00
    $collisionmodel "c_giantsword.smd" {

$mass 6.3
    $inertia 1.00
    $damping 0.00
    $rotdamping 4.00
    }
    And you may not actually need the hbox lines, but im not all that sure when it comes to weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #2583
    April 2011
    159 Posts
    I'm a bit busy to draw a concept, but I had an idea. Has a pair of ghostly hands tightening a garrote (A la hitman) around each of the classes necks been done before?

24. Post #2584
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    8,230 Posts
    That's totally rad, I'd wear that any time of the year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

25. Post #2585
    November 2012
    626 Posts
    Where would I find the scout model that doesn't have the shoes/socks bodygroup in sfm?

26. Post #2586
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    2,806 Posts
    Where would I find the scout model that doesn't have the shoes/socks bodygroup in sfm?
    I don't know if it exists. Whenever I need to hide bodygroups in SFM, I move them inside the torso of the player so they're invisible.

27. Post #2587
    March 2011
    1,217 Posts
    Under the Animation Set Editor, where you should have your regular Scout model listed, right click on it and you'll see Set Body Groups-- from there you can check/uncheck all the body groups you need
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #2588
    November 2012
    626 Posts
    Under the Animation Set Editor, where you should have your regular Scout model listed, right click on it and you'll see Set Body Groups-- from there you can check/uncheck all the body groups you need
    thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2589
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,289 Posts
    Hey, Retrocitrus, could you remind me if I claimed this? http://i.imgur.com/1pfwzhd.png

I asked you about it before you posted it here, but I assume you weren't able to get back to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #2590
    October 2010
    1,460 Posts
    Hey, Retrocitrus, could you remind me if I claimed this? http://i.imgur.com/1pfwzhd.png

I asked you about it before you posted it here, but I assume you weren't able to get back to me.
    I claimed it while ago:

Edit:

Texture is totally not final.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 10Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #2591
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,289 Posts
    I claimed it while ago:

Oh, just that I had talked about it to him about 10 days ago or so, but I never really got a reply.

Anyways, yours looks better than mine xP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #2592
    November 2012
    626 Posts
    I claimed it while ago:

Edit:

Texture is totally not final.
    Reminds me of those aliens from the Simpsons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

33. Post #2593
    April 2013
    149 Posts

Oh dang, sorry dude! Sometimes I get unread message notifications on Steam and click on them before I actually get online, thus not being able to see them at all. I remember I had quite a few notifications in that time span you mentioned when replying to Evil here, so you must've been one of them
    I wonder if there's a workaround with this, though. This happens to me more often than not, but I blame this on my own stupidity. My sincerest apologies!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

34. Post #2594
    May 2013
    83 Posts

Anyone claimed this one yet? If not, I'm doing it.
    Not claiming it but I can try it today/tomorrow. Most of my ideas failed anyways.

35. Post #2595
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,289 Posts
    Oh dang, sorry dude! Sometimes I get unread message notifications on Steam and click on them before I actually get online, thus not being able to see them at all. I remember I had quite a few notifications in that time span you mentioned when replying to Evil here, so you must've been one of them
    I wonder if there's a workaround with this, though. This happens to me more often than not, but I blame this on my own stupidity. My sincerest apologies!
    Yeah, you mentioned that problem earlier, no need to be sorry at all, its no problem!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

36. Post #2596
    May 2013
    83 Posts

I've finally came up with something that represents the class's character, is SLIGHTLY spooky and somewhat original.
    ...it is actualy good in my imagination.
    mom didn't tell me how to draw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #2597
    March 2011
    1,217 Posts

These're done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11 (list)

38. Post #2598
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,060 Posts

dis was fun, and the thumbnails gonna be black and white. yolo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 19Artistic Artistic x 4 (list)

39. Post #2599
    September 2011
    795 Posts

dis was fun, and the thumbnails gonna be black and white. yolo
    The pic looks a little over noisy in my opinion, but looks nice.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #2600
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,060 Posts
    Was meant to be film grain, but I might have been a tad overzealous with it. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)