2. Post #3402
    August 2013
    991 Posts
    How does one mod smash bros?
    An SD card

A Hacked Wii

And the Homebrew channel

I'm probably missing things but those are the most important
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #3403
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,842 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

4. Post #3404
    March 2013
    6,372 Posts
    Brawl is a contender for the most modded console game of all time, due to the Wii having both a USB and SD card port on it. The modding tools and software for loading them re extremely user friendly, too. I remember in high school my friend would bring his wii and everyone would play brawl with all these different custom songs, skins, and effects that were added. There's even 2 redone version of SSBB called Brawl+ and Brawl-, made to make the games balanced and horribly unbalanced, respectively.

(Sorry I don't have anything to contribute, but I though that was a necessary post. Gamebanannas slow today.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #3405
    July 2013
    959 Posts
    Thanks for all the info. Now, how to we get this...

...into this...

Edited:

I dont get why it's stamped as funny, I'm being dead serious right now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 11Winner x 7Optimistic x 2Dumb x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #3406
    never releases anything ever
    September 2012
    660 Posts

oh are we doing brawl mods now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 22Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #3407

August 2013
    30 Posts

...into this...

Edited:

How do we get it to brawl? IDK just magic i guess
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

8. Post #3408
    September 2012
    660 Posts
    How do we get it to brawl? IDK just magic i guess
    Would have to be rigged to a character's skeleton. Might be able to stick him on Ganondorf or Falcon's animations. Doubt anyone's gonna actually take the time to do it though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3409

August 2013
    30 Posts
    Would have to be rigged to a character's skeleton. Might be able to stick him on Ganondorf or Falcon's animations. Doubt anyone's gonna actually take the time to do it though.
    watch as 100s of shirtless male pyro mods go all over brawl vault

EDIT:

Well its possible to get tf2 models into brawl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 15Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #3410
    Waluigi Time!
    July 2011
    5,525 Posts

EDIT:

Oh its more than just that (We oughta make a "Bad Vault: Horrible Smash Bros Brawl submissions" thread)

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Winner Winner x 5 (list)

11. Post #3411
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,760 Posts
    what the fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

12. Post #3412
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    1,948 Posts

EDIT:

I would like to note that the rigging on this is horrible

I would also like to note that the creator is actually on facepunch too

Edited:

How does one mod smash bros?
    2gb sd card and a few files, no wii hacking needed

I might still have the files, let me check
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

13. Post #3413
    September 2012
    660 Posts
    We oughta make a "Bad Vault: Horrible Smash Bros Brawl submissions" thread
    To be fair, brawl mods tend to be bad because of the huge learning curve for actually making quality mods. Most people just make shitty retextures but those that actually manage to figure out how to mess with the models are actually encouraged to vertex hack them instead of taking the time to learn how to import/create custom ones. Vertex hacking looks like ass but nobody cares since the game runs in 480p with a view that is normally pretty zoomed out from the models. Then there are people who even figure out how to get custom models working and give them a nice rig but then they have no clue how Brawl's materials work and its some fullbright shit with no material properties that just ruins the whole mod, complete waste.

The other problem is that it's mostly kids and weaboos/japanese doing the modding. The kids figure out how to add new textures and quality is a non-issue to them because shit motherfucker I just modded brawl!!11 time to shit out the first thing I can think of just because I can

And then the asian people just spew out imported anime models that nobody except other asian people give two fucks about, leaving about 2 dozen or so actual talented modders left to make those real mods that get featured on game news websites. Exaggerating a bit but you get the idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #3414
    Dennab
    July 2013
    219 Posts
    Psychotic Fluttershy finally got gagged. No more flame bait!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #3415
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,486 Posts
    -brawl images-
    That's fucking horrifying

I'm serious, that first engineer is going to make it impossible for me to sleep at night
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events

16. Post #3416
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    4,284 Posts
    what the hell is going on in here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

17. Post #3417
    April 2013
    9,483 Posts
    what the hell is going on in here
    People are hype for SSB4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

18. Post #3418
    January 2013
    3,934 Posts

Cant blame him, he must of had like what 5 bones to work it.

19. Post #3419
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,654 Posts

EDIT:

Heyyy

I made that.
    And this was how I tested getting it into brawl first.

I'll even admit it.

But Ganondorf's bones were too small for heavies model.

I was working on medic but got bored of smash hacking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 9Informative Informative x 2 (list)

20. Post #3420
    Dennab
    July 2013
    219 Posts

No....NO! IT IS NOT POSSIBLE...NOOOO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #3421
    Pyrosexual Member (I vigorously masturbate to flames)
    March 2011
    13,909 Posts
    More like Tron Entropy. Can't find a single consistent skin and work with it and instead it gets worse and worse as time goes on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #3422
    January 2013
    3,934 Posts
    mesh please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #3423
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,373 Posts

No....NO! IT IS NOT POSSIBLE...NOOOO
    Reminds me of Saints Row these days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

24. Post #3424
    December 2012
    2,094 Posts
    holy fuck a lost colony stage in brawl
    do want
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #3425
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,654 Posts
    holy fuck a lost colony stage in brawl
    do want
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J89BK3KEBuA

I feel special now that my brawl hacks ended up in the bad tf2 skins thread somehow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #3426
    June 2012
    517 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J89BK3KEBuA

I feel special now that my brawl hacks ended up in the bad tf2 skins thread somehow.
    Oh, hi, Oizen. Never thought I'd end seeing you here.

27. Post #3427
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,156 Posts
    Oh its more than just that (We oughta make a "Bad Vault: Horrible Smash Bros Brawl submissions" thread)

Hey, I had to manually build that hat into the Wii's model format long before regular model hacking was possible, so I couldn't hide Jigglypuff's ears at the time. Don't go tossing it into the crap pile because of that!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 19Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #3428
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    4,479 Posts
    Some of those weren't really that bad at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 24 (list)

29. Post #3429
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,654 Posts
    Hey, I had to manually build that hat into the Wii's model format long before regular model hacking was possible, so I couldn't hide Jigglypuff's ears at the time. Don't go tossing it into the crap pile because of that!
    Well even with the methods we have now for brawl hacks, its not bad.

Its just simple.

30. Post #3430
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    3,689 Posts

You laugh now, but if I hadn't done these I wouldn't have started drawing or even joined this place

Edited:

I wouldn't even be into guys if it weren't for crappy Smash Bros skins!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 19Funny Funny x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #3431
    August 2013
    63 Posts
    ahemTF2ahem
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #3432
    July 2013
    959 Posts
    ahemTF2ahem
    It's tf2 in SSBB.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 13 (list)

33. Post #3433
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    1,948 Posts
    I'll even admit it.

But Ganondorf's bones were too small for heavies model.

I was working on medic but got bored of smash hacking.
    oh, I understand

it would be neat if you could rig heavy to his own skeleton, though, it'd be easier for me to reanimate for him

34. Post #3434
    September 2012
    660 Posts
    oh, I understand

it would be neat if you could rig heavy to his own skeleton, though, it'd be easier for me to reanimate for him
    I don't think it works like that, you can't significantly alter Brawl's skeletons without completely breaking the game. I think you can get away with adding a few bones here and there but the primary armature needs to remain intact. Just adding one new bone can cause all sorts of problems if not done with certain required wizardry that I am not knowledgeable enough to tell you about.

People have managed to import characters over a different character, but that probably only works because those characters use a Brawl skeleton.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #3435
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    557 Posts
    Psychotic Fluttershy finally got gagged. No more flame bait!

I'm so, so.., so sorry...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Winner x 7Dumb x 2Artistic x 1Disagree x 1Informative x 1Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #3436

November 2013
    2 Posts
    Let's not forget this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

37. Post #3437

August 2013
    30 Posts
    Thinking of posting a "Bad Brawl Mods" thread, But i can't figure out where i should put it on FP

EDIT: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?...7#post42878927

There now put all the crap there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

38. Post #3438
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    1,948 Posts
    I don't think it works like that, you can't significantly alter Brawl's skeletons without completely breaking the game. I think you can get away with adding a few bones here and there but the primary armature needs to remain intact. Just adding one new bone can cause all sorts of problems if not done with certain required wizardry that I am not knowledgeable enough to tell you about.

People have managed to import characters over a different character, but that probably only works because those characters use a Brawl skeleton.
    that's too bad :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

39. Post #3439
    Gold Member
    August 2013
    7,654 Posts

...into this...

Edited:

Just saw this thanks to being on an actual browser.

Im kinda tempted....

40. Post #3440
    July 2013
    959 Posts
    Thinking of posting a "Bad Brawl Mods" thread, But i can't figure out where i should put it on FP

EDIT: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?...7#post42878927

There now put all the crap there
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaand they banned you for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 4Informative Informative x 3Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)