1. Post #921
    ~gay boi~
    July 2010
    12,655 Posts
    I have no idea what I'm doing but I got a futo model out of GTA, deleted all the low poly/medpoly models and was left with the "high" poly models and then parts with no col/med/low tags and what I assume are nodes. After trying to separate all this shit for about an hour I somehow managed to ruin the entire scene. I WILL GET MY CAR DAMNIT
    You should retry with the Blista.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #922
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    July 2009
    8,026 Posts
    No idea what the hell those jbeam files are, though.

3. Post #923
    Internet Detective (HBIED certified)
    August 2007
    6,965 Posts
    How much rally time left? I have a 59.59 (ish) on video that I can submit but am sure I can whittle down the last second given some time

(wsplit is really handy)

4. Post #924
    June 2011
    583 Posts
    How much rally time left? I have a 59.59 (ish) on video that I can submit but am sure I can whittle down the last second given some time

(wsplit is really handy)
    ~ 3 Hours

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...ce+%231+Ending

There! A handy clock.
    Anyone know of a better timer?

5. Post #925
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,023 Posts

I folded it in half.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

6. Post #926
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    5,575 Posts
    there's one small bug that needs fixing. The night sky should be full of stars, or at least black. But the night sky right now is bright blue and has bright white clouds.

idk, it just seems like a big fix

7. Post #927
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    512 Posts

1:01.015, using 360 controller. (Wish I knew about this wsplit thing earlier, not enough time to use it and upload the video now!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #928
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    5,575 Posts
    whats wsplit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #929
    Internet Detective (HBIED certified)
    August 2007
    6,965 Posts
    okay 59.50 / 29 frames at 60fps is as good as I can get, here's the video (sorry about the music, I was using it for audio cues and also ~casual runs~)

for those using wsplit, here's my splits file: http://s.duck.me.uk/racesplit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

10. Post #930
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,827 Posts
    Wow, I come back after leaving this thread for a while, and that post spawned a whole discussion.

It was because I only have 4 gigs of ram, I checked. Christ.
    I have 4GB RAM and it works very well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #931
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,342 Posts
    Mine actually works much better after running the update. Seems like something got patched.

12. Post #932
    March 2008
    453 Posts
    The fact that the cave is made with just covering rocks and a "dark volume" inside reminds me soo much of 4x4 Evo 2. Anyone else play that game? Would be awesome to remake that game with the features of this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #933
    March 2013
    1,245 Posts
    Someone should make a space game with soft body physics and accurately depict a destroyer being punctured by rail gun projectiles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #934
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    10,000 Posts
    For those of you struggling to control the supercar, and have a controller/steering wheel-accelerator combo, the solution is to not gun the throttle like you're Jeremy Clarkson on crack.

Those with keyboards are pretty much shit out of luck unless they decide to tap accelerate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

15. Post #935
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,653 Posts
    It drives me crazy that going over the tiny, primarily cosmetic rocks at the wrong angle can completely fuck your car. I hope they can figure out a fix for something like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

16. Post #936
    June 2011
    583 Posts
    whats wsplit
    I too am interested in this wsplit, looking it up yields me nothing.

Edited:

Also, last call for race attempts, theres just 10 minutes left and I'll post results.

Are you guys interested in another rally race?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #937
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,751 Posts
    For those of you struggling to control the supercar, and have a controller/steering wheel-accelerator combo, the solution is to not gun the throttle like you're Jeremy Clarkson on crack.

Those with keyboards are pretty much shit out of luck unless they decide to tap accelerate.
    It's not much better with a 360 controller. You can either:

Floor the gas pedal
    OR
    Floor the gas pedal slightly less

Seriously, the deadzone on most of the 360 controls is so high
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #938
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    10,000 Posts
    It's not much better with a 360 controller. You can either:

Floor the gas pedal
    OR
    Floor the gas pedal slightly less

Seriously, the deadzone on most of the 360 controls is so high
    I'm using DS3tool and I haven't changed anything from the default. I drove the supercar around the island really smooth-like, and I could easily keep it at 25mph.

19. Post #939
    Dennab
    January 2007
    3,971 Posts
    How would I import one of these?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #940
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    7,839 Posts
    They problem is that these dang cars are American with their miles per hour and parking, drive and 1-2 step. Give me some KMH and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and maybe even a 6.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #941
    Damn, I think I got my rally speed down to just a second or two over a minute. Too late now anyway for me to sift through my footage.

Edit:

43.2 gigs of me sliding into those rocks on that first turn.

22. Post #942
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,653 Posts
    Is there a good way to show speed/gear other than that certain debug overlay?

23. Post #943
    June 2011
    583 Posts
    Rally Race Times!

1. BoSoZoku: 58:967

2. leach139: 59.50

2. total_noob: 59:900

3. Animosus: 1:00:400

4. dsi1: 1:01:015

5. MadPro119: 1:01:51

6. dustyjo: 1:02.666

7. TheAdmiester: 1:02.800

8. cheesedelux: 1:04.967

9. Kirbyguy22: 1:06.34

10. bitter146 1.07.367

11. Rulz: 1:19:60

12. TurtleeyFP: 02:12:02

Let me know if I got anything wrong and I can correct it. Great job everyone!

Edited:

Damn, I think I got my rally speed down to just a second or two over a minute. Too late now anyway for me to sift through my footage.

Edit:

43.2 gigs of me sliding into those rocks on that first turn.
    that first turn and the third turn made this map harder than I thought.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

24. Post #944
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,989 Posts
    It's a shame there's no way as far as I know to make a vehicle totally disintegrate in a crash. I'd love to see a video of a 190+mph rollover ending in nothing but frame, wheels, and a ton of shrapnel everywhere.

Also it doesn't really seem all that accurate that a tire would mash and deform when given a fatal impact, instead of just bursting as it should. Though I can imagine separate wheel/tire calculations would be a pain.

25. Post #945
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    742 Posts
    It drives me crazy that going over the tiny, primarily cosmetic rocks at the wrong angle can completely fuck your car. I hope they can figure out a fix for something like that.
    Since the soft body system is based off of/very simular to finite element analysis It's probably the result of singularities.

Basically a high pressure is being exerted near one of the nodes, so a majority of the pressure is transferred to the single node, since pressure is Force/Area, and the area is a single node it makes the force alot higher than it should be which could cause it to fail. I don't know if they have some sort of averaging filter that would dampen such effects though.

Hope that sheds some light, unless you were just talking about the suspension not working 100% or getting caught on shit etc. Not something like a part of the tire just getting eaten.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #946
    June 2013
    1,559 Posts
    I'm playing the tech demo right now and the car seems a bit stiff, not the steering but it's frame. Just asking if you guys think it's accurate?

Nonetheless it's still amazing, though.

27. Post #947
    certified postmodern neomarxist
    August 2009
    3,955 Posts
    This is for anyone who has any inkling on what I need to do on my futo adventures.
    Here, a long ass post with some screenshots of where I am:

So, my first problem is the model is apparently tiny as fuck, but lets sort that out later.

The 'model' I imported is actually more than one, there is a high poly, low poly etc model. I find everything tagged with [COL], [low], and [med] and delete them.

After that, I am left with this. All the things tagged [high] and all the things with no tags (see next screenshot)*

*This is what the stuff with no tags looks like

So, the problems.
    Problem #1: I don't know if you can see it, but it looks like there is another model stuck in there along with the high poly stuff. I can't find it to delete it.
    Problem #2: The wheels. One of the wheels is way back somewhere and the other side of the car doesn't even have wheels

http://i.imgur.com/eX5ZLtC.png
    http://i.imgur.com/5NT990r.png

(Only links because I don't want to pagestretch too much more)

So, Incase I haven't made it clear enough, I have no bloody clue what to do now.
    If I work it out, you can have your blista too :~)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

28. Post #948
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    9,875 Posts
    Im willing to bet its really tiny because everything in gta4 is scaled down to make it seem bigger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

29. Post #949
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,989 Posts
    I wouldn't say that. Different engines work with different scales, usually dependant on what their biggest and smallest models will be (in GTAIV's case, a bridge is at most 5 separate models overlaid on basic geometry, to save on load times and make draw-in look nicer)

So it's not that the cars are tiny, it's that other models in the asset pack are enormous, weighing the overall model scale in their favor.

Also, make sure you load car models with the appropriate skeletons and animation sets, if those are stored separately for whatever reason. Some engines separate the two so they can be hot-swapped mid-game for things like baked destruction or precise behaviors in cutscenes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

30. Post #950
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,028 Posts
    whats wsplit
    It's a timer.

31. Post #951
    Bold Member

October 2006
    3,814 Posts
    This is for anyone who has any inkling on what I need to do on my futo adventures.
    Here, a long ass post with some screenshots of where I am:

So, my first problem is the model is apparently tiny as fuck, but lets sort that out later.

The 'model' I imported is actually more than one, there is a high poly, low poly etc model. I find everything tagged with [COL], [low], and [med] and delete them.

After that, I am left with this. All the things tagged [high] and all the things with no tags (see next screenshot)*

*This is what the stuff with no tags looks like

So, the problems.
    Problem #1: I don't know if you can see it, but it looks like there is another model stuck in there along with the high poly stuff. I can't find it to delete it.
    Problem #2: The wheels. One of the wheels is way back somewhere and the other side of the car doesn't even have wheels

http://i.imgur.com/eX5ZLtC.png
    http://i.imgur.com/5NT990r.png

(Only links because I don't want to pagestretch too much more)

So, Incase I haven't made it clear enough, I have no bloody clue what to do now.
    If I work it out, you can have your blista too :~)
    You can delete all of the nodes. They have 100% no use in any other game engine. They're for GTA4 only. You can probably delete the LOD models too. It's really not that hard. I've made several mods for GTASA + 4. For the wheels, depending on how Beam does it, just copy the models and mirror over the YZ? I don't see the problem. If you've never 3D modeled before you're going to have a pretty hard time porting from one game to another. The other issue you'll run into is GTA uses custom materials for their game engine.

Edit: I'll try porting some this weekend. Fuck working 12 hours a day programming + IT. Brain doesn't wanna compute.

Edit 2: The reason you see 'multiple cars' or whatever is the car has multiple bumpers, seats, etc. These CAN be used in BeamNG so keep them. make a tuner version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #952
    certified postmodern neomarxist
    August 2009
    3,955 Posts
    But I thought I deleted the LOD models? All Im left with after the nodes being deleted is the stuff tagged [high], a wheel-less car. The problem is I don't know how to make the wheels part of the car, and there are no wheel models other than that entirely black one

33. Post #953
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,797 Posts
    The reason there are no other wheels is because GTA IV cars basically have a dummy placed under the wheel arches, I think it's basically a way of telling the game "the wheel needs to be duplicated here, here, etc".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #954
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,898 Posts
    So 2 days after i bought BeamNG using my paypal account on their website (first time i've used it in months) i'm getting fraud charges of someone donating to a jewish foundation, calling internationally, and donating to a "PAWS" animal shelter.

Not sure if this is related to beamNG itself or what, but be wary. Luckily the company i'm with contacted me immediately and i'm getting it sorted out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

35. Post #955

February 2009
    598 Posts
    So 2 days after i bought BeamNG using my paypal account on their website (first time i've used it in months) i'm getting fraud charges of someone donating to a jewish foundation, calling internationally, and donating to a "PAWS" animal shelter.

Not sure if this is related to beamNG itself or what, but be wary. Luckily the company i'm with contacted me immediately and i'm getting it sorted out
    BeamNG goes through another company called FastSpring or something.

36. Post #956
    dubstep
    August 2005
    4,133 Posts

If you used Paypal there's no way anyone can scam you or use your account for fraud, unless you've got a keylogger/spyware/trojan that jacked your account.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Isle of Man Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

37. Post #957
    Gold Apple
    December 2011
    5,575 Posts
    i had exactly 15 dollars in my account so good luck scammers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #958
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    40 Posts
    Covet race engine, race turbo, close ratio gearbox and AWD/RWD differentials

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zp93e0wo89...ine_stg2.jbeam

Drop it in /BeamNG Drive/vehicles/hatch/

Select race engine from parts list, get about 180hp N/A, very high revving, select race engine then race turbo and its around 293hp, again high revving. Front diff drop down menu now has AWD open, AWD LSD, and RWD LSD diffs. AWD open seems to be best for high speed stability, AWD LSD better for drifting and such. Close ratio gearbox and 293hp turbo race engine will find you about 220kph flat out on grid.

Torque curves realistic, made the engine in Automation first and copied torque curve to BeamNG
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 10Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #959
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,771 Posts
    The reason there are no other wheels is because GTA IV cars basically have a dummy placed under the wheel arches, I think it's basically a way of telling the game "the wheel needs to be duplicated here, here, etc".
    Forza and Gran Turismo does the same, like most games actually.

Edited:

Blarg, waiting for a Tut for mod creation so I can smoothly import my models into this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #960
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    3,902 Posts
    Covet race engine, race turbo, close ratio gearbox and AWD/RWD differentials

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zp93e0wo89...ine_stg2.jbeam

Drop it in /BeamNG Drive/vehicles/hatch/

Select race engine from parts list, get about 180hp N/A, very high revving, select race engine then race turbo and its around 293hp, again high revving. Front diff drop down menu now has AWD open, AWD LSD, and RWD LSD diffs. AWD open seems to be best for high speed stability, AWD LSD better for drifting and such. Close ratio gearbox and 293hp turbo race engine will find you about 220kph flat out on grid.

Torque curves realistic, made the engine in Automation first and copied torque curve to BeamNG
    AWD LSD is delicious to rally/drift with