1. Post #1
    July 2013
    76 Posts
    So, i was playing on a random TF2 trade server, and i announced that my backpack was for sale. Some guy sends me a trade request, i accept it and he asks to buy my earbuds + bills hat. I put them onto the trading desk and then he offers me:

His Duel Minigame (Dueling Item)
    The Bazaar Bargain (Sniper Rifle)

So I gave him a chance to get a MUCH better offer for my prized items, he then said that his offer was worth like 150. I was like wtf. I then said that i`m not interested in such a **** deal, he then threatens to report me to Gaben if i do not give him the items. So i cancel the trade, and he is constantly spamming the server chat with: "ADAM IS A SCAMMER DONT TRADE WITH HIM OMG". *Facepalm*.

Post some stupid scam attempts made by some really stupid people below!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny x 22Dumb x 7Informative x 2Friendly x 1Agree x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    607 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #3
    November 2011
    8,680 Posts
    Some guy tried to scam me and instead of sending me a link to his fake rep page he sent me a link to his steamrep report

found the screenshot

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 39Winner Winner x 7 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2013
    76 Posts
    Some guy tried to scam me and instead of sending me a link to his fake rep page he sent me a link to his steamrep report
    Haha! What a dumbass xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb x 35Agree x 4Funny x 4Informative x 1Late x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    March 2013
    6,373 Posts
    I once had a guy try to send ebay rep as valid rep
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17Zing Zing x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    4,238 Posts
    I once had a guy try to sell me a new ass but when i tried them out I figured they were really a basketball and a soccerball.

Lucky me I had not paid my quarter for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Informative Informative x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    November 2011
    8,680 Posts
    Haha! What a dumbass xD
    I know :DD that was f*cking epic fail!! lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Zing x 21Funny x 6Dumb x 6Agree x 2Friendly x 1Artistic x 1Late x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Dennab
    July 2013
    1,996 Posts
    My friend once was sent a message so the other guy can give him a Call of Duty game.
    This is the result: http://pastebin.com/Vb9bSFTM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 9Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    May 2013
    77 Posts
    I remember I got randomly added by a guy impersonating tf2wh. Other than the fact that he stupidly said "Preparing the inventories bla bla" after the fake safeword, which is exclusive to scrap.tf, he followed by saying "Enter Unusual Hound Dog for 1,000,000 credits." I pretended to oblige then reported his ass to SR.

Next up: Scrap.tf impersonators: "We r now banking unusuals"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2013
    2,463 Posts
    While wearing a Gibus, Pyrovision Goggles and Earbuds, i saw how that one pink Scout called *~::lolshittynamehere::~* on my team instantly stopped moving after he spotted me. I could already smell the trade request and woops, there it was.
    Then, of course, he was asking for my earbuds. But he wasnt even nice. He was just like "give me your earbuds", "can i have earbuds now", "these hats for your earbuds, is good deal, now trade!" and stuff like that. I then added the earbuds into the trade window, checked the box, wrote something about that he shouldnt shark people and cancelled the trade.

He then wrote "AAAAWWWWWWWW" in the public chat what made it even funnier.

Well, this was more of a shark attempt than a scam attempt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 21Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,295 Posts
    While wearing a Gibus, Pyrovision Goggles and Earbuds, i saw how that one pink Scout called *~::lolshittynamehere::~* on my team instantly stopped moving after he spotted me. I could already smell the trade request and woops, there it was.
    Then, of course, he was asking for my earbuds. But he wasnt even nice. He was just like "give me your earbuds", "can i have earbuds now", "these hats for your earbuds, is good deal, now trade!" and stuff like that. I then added the earbuds into the trade window, checked the box, wrote something about that he shouldnt shark people and cancelled the trade.

He then wrote "AAAAWWWWWWWW" in the public chat what made it even funnier.

Well, this was more of a shark attempt than a scam attempt.
    This is why i want buds, i really want to wear them with gibus + pyrovision goggles to see other people's reactions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Lebanon Show Events Agree Agree x 17Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    January 2013
    195 Posts
    This is my story, playing on a MvM server and a shady guy says he is selling a <100 craft hat I invite him to a trade and what do you know its just a craft hat he did not even try to rename it blah blah #33 he was incredibly dumb, I took some screenshots and the report has been on SteamRep for nearly a year and I have not had a response besides a admin will review this shorty, curious if he got someone with it considering it was a MvM valve server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    8,573 Posts
    This is probably the best one I've seen:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 65Winner Winner x 12 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,031 Posts
    On a side note, I miss the /me command - was so much fun to play with scammers who don't count on you knowing how it works, but considering the number of gullible steam users they must've duped, it's not surprising.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply India Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

15. Post #15
    July 2010
    100 Posts

"You will recive money after trade succes"
    "recive"...
    "succes"...
    "Grammar ftw"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP France Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    785 Posts
    "You will recive money after trade succes"
    "recive"...
    "succes"...
    "Grammar ftw"
    I'd be more worried about someone who is paying ten trillion dollars for someone's backpack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Funny Funny x 8Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Horrible Username Connoisseur
    September 2009
    1,375 Posts
    I'd be more worried about someone who is paying ten trillion dollars for someone's backpack.
    I don't have the screenshots any more, but after I won a Saxxy, some guy added me and started saying he was a Valve employee on an alternate account and he would pay 500$ for my Steam account because he wanted the Saxxy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    July 2012
    69 Posts

respect steam guard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 36Funny Funny x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    9,090 Posts
    I don't have the screenshots any more, but after I won a Saxxy, some guy added me and started saying he was a Valve employee on an alternate account and he would pay 500$ for my Steam account because he wanted the Saxxy.
    Even if he was legit he'd get fired for breaking the ToS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

20. Post #20
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    16,603 Posts
    Even if he was legit he'd get fired for breaking the ToS.
    He actually never broke them though, the seller did.

21. Post #21
    July 2012
    69 Posts
    I'd be more worried about how he got that ten trillion dollars in the first place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    September 2012
    81 Posts
    I know this is kinda unrelated, but how do you do the /me thing again which gives you the blue/green text? I heard that feature was removed because of scammers.

23. Post #23
    The Mullock Project
    June 2011
    3,063 Posts
    I know this is kinda unrelated, but how do you do the /me thing again which gives you the blue/green text? I heard that feature was removed because of scammers.
    you type /me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    September 2012
    81 Posts
    you type /me
    It doesn't work. I said it was removed in an update, yet I see in these screenshots that it still works somehow.

EDIT: Come over here, box donators, I promise I will wreck you. :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Late Late x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,241 Posts
    It doesn't work. I said it was removed in an update, yet I see in these screenshots that it still works somehow.
    Those are old screenshots
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,740 Posts
    Fresh from earlier today!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 37 (list)

27. Post #27
    March 2013
    6,373 Posts

Another guy tried the exact thing with me the other day, except with switching out his ear buds for a spycicle. Wish I had proof but I was too slow to take a picture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    July 2012
    1,321 Posts

How ignorant would you have to be to fall for this?

Now that I say that, I would like to see a count on how many people have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

29. Post #29
    Dennab
    July 2013
    2,522 Posts
    My friend once was sent a message so the other guy can give him a Call of Duty game.
    This is the result: http://pastebin.com/Vb9bSFTM
    My god how did he manage to create an e-mail,steam account and most importantly add you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Indonesia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Person
    June 2008
    9,136 Posts
    I remember I got randomly added by a guy impersonating tf2wh. Other than the fact that he stupidly said "Preparing the inventories bla bla" after the fake safeword, which is exclusive to scrap.tf, he followed by saying "Enter Unusual Hound Dog for 1,000,000 credits." I pretended to oblige then reported his ass to SR.

Next up: Scrap.tf impersonators: "We r now banking unusuals"
    Well actually...

http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198061784568
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    January 2013
    1,163 Posts
    Back when I first went premium, someone was trading me and he said he could turn all my weapons and hats to botkillers/unusuals

My only weapon was a cow mangler, and my only hat was a parasite hat

How do you make a cow mangler a botkiller and a parasite hat unusual
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

32. Post #32
    January 2013
    602 Posts

Pro paint editing skills yo!   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 28Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,760 Posts
    watcha testing down there?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    9,374 Posts

gib buds plz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

35. Post #35
    March 2013
    590 Posts
    I was buying clean hats and somebody offered me a dirty Darwin's Danger Shield - saying it's a rare drop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

36. Post #36
    April 2011
    508 Posts
    Someone once tried to buy my Villain's Veil for a "space you can put in your username."

He said "normally its worth a buds or two but for you'll I'll lower the price"

Wish I had a picture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    790 Posts
    Someone once tried to buy my Villain's Veil for a "space you can put in your username."

He said "normally its worth a buds or two but for you'll I'll lower the price"

Wish I had a picture.
    what do you mean by that?

38. Post #38
    July 2012
    1,321 Posts
    what do you mean by that?
    I think he meant an extra character (or characters) in your username, as in your steam username.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    August 2013
    284 Posts
    I was like, this is one of my lucky day! This guy offered me clean buds for my g. confetti unusual that's like 16 keys tops! Oh no, he's offering a spycicle. Nevermind.
    The screenshot ain't that clear, but it's more about the trade chat. (He asked me to add 10 robocrates, for distraction I guess.)

You can see the spycicle in his trade window. That used to be earbuds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 20Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    July 2013
    594 Posts
    I was like, this is one of my lucky day! This guy offered me clean buds for my g. confetti unusual that's like 16 keys tops! Oh no, he's offering a spycicle. Nevermind.
    The screenshot ain't that clear, but it's more about the trade chat. (He asked me to add 10 robocrates, for distraction I guess.)

You can see the spycicle in his trade window. That used to be earbuds.

choke on it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)