1. Post #81
    I'm a Wizard
    March 2006
    2,549 Posts
    Apparently Garry made a post about the whole thing somewhere, not sure where though.
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?...1#post41296057
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    rate me boxes in every post please, its my fetish
    August 2009
    8,346 Posts
    I'd like this

Maybe this time I wouldn't get fucked in the ass out of gold

literally one month and I could've gotten gold

thanks garry
    If that were the case i'd have Gold by now

Edited:

Yep.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #83
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

4. Post #84
    I really like to make music and do audio work, contact me if you need some yes?
    June 2013
    2,175 Posts
    In the GMF?

that would be funny and also not
    Found it under his account, actually you guys are all correct. There were too many people buying gold and expecting a rust key so he temp removed the feature.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 Show Events Informative Informative x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #85
    kwk
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,865 Posts
    Ugh, what about the members that don't give a fuck about the Rust thing and actually do want to buy gold for themselves? Not saying that this is ridiculous, but a group of fucktards shouldn't ruin it for the majority.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24 (list)

6. Post #86
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FREAKY NIPPLES!!!
    Dennab
    January 2013
    1,461 Posts
    I'm still curious about the GMF, what is it like? Is it like GD except golds only?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #87
    I really like to make music and do audio work, contact me if you need some yes?
    June 2013
    2,175 Posts
    Ugh, what about the members that don't give a fuck about the Rust thing and actually do want to buy gold for themselves? Not saying that this is ridiculous, but a group of fucktards shouldn't ruin it for the majority.
    Even though I'm technically new, I agree that moving the system back to a post/join date requirement is a good idea.

Edited:

I'm still curious about the GMF, what is it like? Is it like GD except golds only?
    Basically, it's really nothing special. I don't spend much time in there anyways to be honest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,332 Posts
    Wroooong thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    March 2013
    5,705 Posts
    Might as well disable registration.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 30Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

10. Post #90
    Mega Raffler
    September 2010
    3,115 Posts
    Gold is only granted to those Garry claims worthy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree x 6Dumb x 6Funny x 3Late x 1Informative x 1Winner x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    kwk
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,865 Posts
    Might as well disable registration.
    Wasn't it already disabled?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

12. Post #92
    July 2013
    42 Posts
    I like the original idea better. It saves money for people who buy it thinking they are gonna use it and end up never using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    November 2011
    8,680 Posts
    Maan how should I get a rust key now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,606 Posts
    Maybe this means Garry will let us become gold members, not by money, but by our prestige on the forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    March 2008
    769 Posts
    I liked the whole stay 4 years with 1,000 posts thing.

I think that was what it was.
    This reminds me. When Garry ended that I was something like 4 days away from getting gold
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 18Agree Agree x 7 (list)

16. Post #96
    August 2007
    926 Posts
    Gold Membership now becomes a collectors item, gold accounts can be found on sale on eBay in excess of $2,000 US Dollars. Everywhere people are frantically searching for Gold Member accounts before eventually they're all being used. President Obama has declined to comment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13Funny Funny x 2 (list)

17. Post #97
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,246 Posts
    Maybe Garry went back to the good old "stay on for two years and have 2000+ posts" deal.
    I hope not, I just paid for it a few months ago...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

18. Post #98
    Dennab
    July 2007
    43,766 Posts
    there's hors d'oeuvres
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,775 Posts
    I have 6000+ and nearly 5 years, no gold for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Friendly Friendly x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    6,302 Posts
    Honestly GMF is not that interested, not that much activity besides of few threads where people just spam stuff without proper grammar at times.

The most interesting things about Facepunch are in the other sections and subforums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Luxembourg Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,503 Posts
    Maybe Garry went back to the good old "stay on for two years and have 2000+ posts" deal.
    nope.

22. Post #102
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    Dennab
    October 2008
    18,524 Posts
    Normally? A little bit of a shithole, and a little bit of a circlejerk, but on rare occasions there's something in there worth reading.

With all the Rust nerds swarming into it? Just as bad as the public Rust forum, maybe worse.

Either way not worth the $10
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #103
    DSG
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    1,966 Posts
    I liked the whole stay 4 years with 1,000 posts thing.

I think that was what it was.
    get out nerd
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

24. Post #104
    June 2013
    1,766 Posts
    Since when was being a nerd a bad thing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    September 2008
    851 Posts
    I remember right after the facepunch riddle, Garry made gold member purchasable, pretty much rendering the winners' prize worthless. (which was gold member, and I know those guys and they weren't exactly happy) After leaving it purchasable for so long, its too pretty much too late to undo the damage. I for one wish it was never purchasable in the first place so it could still mean something, but oh well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    9,274 Posts
    Garry should change the price to $9999.99
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    You're saying you like dos more than me, right?
    April 2011
    4,522 Posts
    Garry should change the price to $9999.99
    a user called monkey_1234 buys it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 28Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    COCKROACHES
    August 2012
    3,434 Posts
    a user called monkey_1234 buys it
    and garry gets rich
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #109
    July 2009
    5,690 Posts
    Buying gold is dumb Garry is protecting you from wasting your money

...on himself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

30. Post #110
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,526 Posts
    Buying gold is dumb Garry is protecting you from wasting your money

...on himself
    Truly a honorable man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,501 Posts
    Gold membership should be $10 again, but limited only to people who have 100+ posts.

even worse idea than the current system

imo 6 months
    That works too I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #112
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,663 Posts
    Gold membership should be $10 again, but limited only to people who have 100+ posts.
    even worse idea than the current system

imo 6 months
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    Dennab
    April 2012
    222 Posts
    Any word from Garry about this? There's nothing on garry.tv and I haven't heard anything from him over the forums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,485 Posts
    disable registration and move the rust section to the general disruption place so guests can post in it and beg for keys instead of having 11 year olds who speak pigeon english filling up the forums with threads about how garry is a "fagot bich noob gibe key pls"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    2,522 Posts
    God damn, I finally got PayPal set up after fighting with it for weeks and when I opened up booster to finally get it I see that its gone.

Oh well, maybe another time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

36. Post #116
    October 2009
    1,180 Posts
    Gold Membership now becomes a collectors item, gold accounts can be found on sale on eBay in excess of $2,000 US Dollars. Everywhere people are frantically searching for Gold Member accounts before eventually they're all being used. President Obama has declined to comment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 34Winner Winner x 4 (list)

37. Post #117
    January 2012
    1,115 Posts
    pff

Who needs that thing anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #118
    Dennab
    July 2012
    5,027 Posts
    What if you get gold if you post over 2,000 times and don't get banned for a whole year?

Idiots who want rust will shitpost to get to 2,000 and (hopefully) get perma'd early on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #119

January 2012
    127 Posts
    ShadowKnightX is going to be so disappointed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #120
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,195 Posts
    That's worth about 50 grams of real gold bullion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)