1. Post #1
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    here's a request, a rather odd request in my opinion.
    what if we get the body of the other M zero suit samus:

and replace the head and those heels... with that of brawl zero suit samus:

had a strange thought about this, and now I'm thinking this might be able to work. Honestly, at first i didn't like the Other M zero suit samus, but i realized the only things i hated were that face (especially the mole) and those wedge heels, and maybe i'll like it better if those were replaced with brawl's zero suit samus, which is the best looking samus in my opinion.

so can anyone do it? or would it look very, VERY awkward?
    oh can you also work on the suit's texture? i wanna ditch that latex shine look on the other M suit.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,886 Posts
    It's a headhack essentially, and is rather simple to do. However, I've not attempted this yet, and might fuck it up.

Also, that second image is bork'd. Try re-uploading it to imgur, then linking it.

3. Post #3
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    It's a headhack essentially, and is rather simple to do. However, I've not attempted this yet, and might fuck it up.

Also, that second image is bork'd. Try re-uploading it to imgur, then linking it.
    thanks for the heads up, i updated the image, good thing i made a few gmod pics featuring samus.

4. Post #4
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    ooookay then. i tried using milkshape 3D but that isn't able to load the samus models. Now i totally need someone to do it for me :L

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,886 Posts
    3DS max 2012. There's a source (.mdl and a .vtf) plugin for it. However, you need to get Cannonfodder's tools to decompile the models to work with.

Refer to this tutorial for more info

6. Post #6
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    3DS max 2012. There's a source (.mdl and a .vtf) plugin for it. However, you need to get Cannonfodder's tools to decompile the models to work with.

Refer to this tutorial for more info
    im gonna need money for 3DS max right?

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,342 Posts
    im gonna need money for 3DS max right?
    You can get a student copy for free. I don't know if they provide 3DS Max 2012 as an option anymore, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    You can get a student copy for free. I don't know if they provide 3DS Max 2012 as an option anymore, though.
    lemme check...
    looks like they upgraded to 2013 :L

9. Post #9
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    Okay so heres the deal.
    Later this year i will be going to an art school to study 3D animation, maybe i will be able to make the headhack and perhaps a few other models once i become familiar with 3ds max (i was before, but i assume there has been changes ever since 2010, i made models with bones back then but i still have much to learn)ever
    Also, i just got blender so i'm going to rely on tutorial videos on youtube just so i can know what every button does.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,886 Posts
    lemme check...
    looks like they upgraded to 2013 :L
    My version is 2012, and according to the site, I can choose from versions 2011 - 2014. Blender should work too, as there are plugins for it as well.

11. Post #11
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    My version is 2012, and according to the site, I can choose from versions 2011 - 2014. Blender should work too, as there are plugins for it as well.
    See plug ins is what i'm worried about. I tried to add a plug in to import MMD files, but it didn't work.
    You could say i am horrible at adding mods manually.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,886 Posts
    You need the valve .smd plugin. And the .vtf plugin as well.

Then use cannonfodder's tools to decompile the model .mdl you want to edit. Import to 3DS Max (Or blender, if that's what you're using), edit the file, make sure the bones are still attached, and export the reference SMD and the ragdoll (Sequence) SMD. Re-compile with Cannonfodder's Tools, then test in Source. (be sure to organize the files so they are with the original .phy (physics) files)

13. Post #13
    May 2011
    30 Posts
    The Brawl model is a lot lower poly then the other M model. Ive dont it though. You guys want it? its just the decompiled model, not the .mdl I dont know how to recompile.

14. Post #14
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    The Brawl model is a lot lower poly then the other M model. Ive dont it though. You guys want it? its just the decompiled model, not the .mdl I dont know how to recompile.
    its worth a shot if anyone else is willing to fix it. I might try it once i get the hang of blender.

15. Post #15
    May 2011
    30 Posts
    Sorry, I have been gone all day and I havent had the chance to start rigging. The body is rigged but just not the face. It is in .ugh and .fbx you guys can rig them also if you want, im not so great at it.
    heres my progress:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m39ub3x3kidaabd

16. Post #16
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    Sorry, I have been gone all day and I havent had the chance to start rigging. The body is rigged but just not the face. It is in .ugh and .fbx you guys can rig them also if you want, im not so great at it.
    heres my progress:

http://www.mediafire.com/?m39ub3x3kidaabd
    thanks for the file. I'm still trying to figure out blender though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    May 2011
    30 Posts
    This is supposed to be a ragdoll right? I have begun rigging the face with a load of jaw bones. You can try this program called FragMOTION, im not sure of the purchase price but there is a trial version. It is really easy to use.

18. Post #18
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    This is supposed to be a ragdoll right? I have begun rigging the face with a load of jaw bones. You can try this program called FragMOTION, im not sure of the purchase price but there is a trial version. It is really easy to use.
    yeah, my request was just to make it a ragdoll

19. Post #19
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    now we're getting somewhere:

and i got it exported into a SMD file

so...... whats next????? :L
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    May 2011
    30 Posts
    now we're getting somewhere:

and i got it exported into a SMD file

so...... whats next????? :L
    The next step is to rig the head and the face! I can rig the head, The only problem is I don't have any idea how to rig the face. The Gmod facial rig consists of one bone that controls everything on the face.

21. Post #21
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    hey i figured out the textures, all i had to do was reopen them and- WHU DUH FU IS DAT!

urm... care to explain, guymon?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    September 2011
    195 Posts
    Looks like decals. Your viewport just isn't rendering them "properly", I have no idea what engine "fragmotion" uses to render its viewport, but its not an issue with the model. If you can change transparency settings in the program, you may be able to get it to render properly (*assumptions).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    so i got the transparent thing taken care of... kinda. i had to remove them, sorry guymon :c

but what can i do with the eyes? i wanna fix them. i have to open the VTF file and edit the Iris in the eye textures right?

24. Post #24
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    okay i got the irises textures in, but i cant apply to the eyes cus it would make the eye texture transparent so i'll give out the link to what i made so far so anyone else can fix this:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/q7...t_samus(2).rar
    so far i rigged her ponytail... and that, thats it for the rigging :L
    i also included the SMD format, everything should be there.
    PLEASE MAKE THIS A THING by helping out :C

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,342 Posts
    Transparency issues can usually be fixed by editing the alpha channel for the texture. The closer it is to black makes it more transparent, while the closer it is to white makes it less transparent. You might want to mess around with the alpha channels a bit to see what you can do to fix them up a bit more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    hate to bump this, but i gotta do what i gotta do to keep this relevant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    4,342 Posts
    hate to bump this, but i gotta do what i gotta do to keep this relevant.
    You don't need to keep bumping it just to bump it, dude. If there's any updates, they'll be posted. Just be patient for now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    September 2011
    195 Posts
    Have you actually gotten the model in source? The issue with the decals transparency that i noted was inside that "fragmotion" program your using, as i said though the actual geometry isn't at fault. 3dsmax's viewport's default transparency, "simple" often does this. In-game however it wouldn't be an issue afaik.

Leave the original bitmaps alone for now and wait till its in-game to see whether the bitmaps are at fault.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    I've returned with an update. i managed to rig the head to the proper bone, however, i'm not sure to be too concerned on how the result, either the phymodel will correct it, or I'm too lazy to properly apply the vertex to the bone but at least the head is hooked up.
    anyways, here is the download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?x4u9ksuxxwqhxxm

the updated models are in .ugh, and .smd formats, and i've forgot to update the 3dsmax file as well >.>. they are all in otherbrawl/proj/model.

30. Post #30
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    UPDATE: I completely fix the head rig so it wont bend so awkwardly. the link is the same, but I'll post it again:

http://www.mediafire.com/?x4u9ksuxxwqhxxm

the files are all in the same location (otherbrawl/proj/model)
    the files that you need to pay attention to are:
    SAMUS.ugh
    SAMUS.smd
    reference.SMD
    ragdoll.SMD
    phymodel.SMD
    and
    samus.3dsmax

if there are any issues with any of those files, just reply in this thread.
    pics or it didn't happen?
    um... here:

just to show that i got the head rigged, I'm not sure if 3Ds max has an easy way to make face poses just like in 3ds max 8, probably not :L
    I'll begin working on compiling it all into an mdl format. I'll make another update if i was able to get everything working for gmod, or if the textures don't wanna work...
    I'll probably have trouble with the texture though...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    3am... figured out guistudiomdl, compiled but... sourceSDK's model viewer can't load the model... i think it has something to do with... steampipe and tf2....

can someone else do it???

32. Post #32
    June 2013
    98 Posts

well, that's all i can do for now...
    either this little project is completely dead, or someone is willing to make a better qc file out of scratch, its all up to, who ever picks this up.

33. Post #33
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    update... ish: so i said, "screw making a qc file from scratch, I'm just gonna fuse the two qc files together and carefully make edits so it will work" and so i did...

all was good, until a wild error approaches:

*couldn't find bone "valvebiped 01 R clavicle" for bbox* <-k it's not the exsact thing that it said, basically it cannot find the bone from the physmodel, even though the physmodel has that bone named the same way... buuuuuut it doesn't have a box assigned into it, maybe THATS the problem or idk.
    thing is, i can't really tamper with the physmodel too much, because when i switched to editable mesh for the actual model, all the bones assigned to the areas become unassigned, and the bones won't move the model parts...

so long story short, i still suck at making qc files from scratch...

Edited:

oh and the actual models somehow got their smoothing removed, idk how but it did

34. Post #34
    June 2005
    122 Posts
    update... ish: so i said, "screw making a qc file from scratch, I'm just gonna fuse the two qc files together and carefully make edits so it will work" and so i did...

all was good, until a wild error approaches:

*couldn't find bone "valvebiped 01 R clavicle" for bbox* <-k it's not the exsact thing that it said, basically it cannot find the bone from the physmodel, even though the physmodel has that bone named the same way... buuuuuut it doesn't have a box assigned into it, maybe THATS the problem or idk.
    thing is, i can't really tamper with the physmodel too much, because when i switched to editable mesh for the actual model, all the bones assigned to the areas become unassigned, and the bones won't move the model parts...

so long story short, i still suck at making qc files from scratch...

Edited:

oh and the actual models somehow got their smoothing removed, idk how but it did
    Looks like texture assignment was also screwed up at some point in the smd files you posted above.

35. Post #35
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    Looks like texture assignment was also screwed up at some point in the smd files you posted above.
    oh crap i completely forgot about that! i got that fixed when the smoothing was off the first time, all i had to do is export the .ugh file into an smd file, replacing the samus.smd file and have that export as an smd to replace the reference and ragdoll files. but now i figured out hoe to complie it all and even though i couldn't get it to load in the HLMV, im gonna try it out on gmod blinded...

Edited:

as for the textures, idk why but i think editing the model in fragmotion, and by editing i was attaching the head onto the bone, all the texture assignments and material assignments got erased mysteriously... and have to... assign them all by hand again...

AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT, i only got the zero suit and ponytail assigned properly

Edited:

oh crap! XD
    i compiled it, and tested it out on gmod and the thing crashed XD
    oh man, i suck at this lololol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    okay heres the qc file code:
    Code:
     $cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\xxnitronxx\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\otherbrawl_samus source\models\Otherbrawl"
    $modelname "Otherbrawl\samus.mdl"
    $model "studio" "reference.SMD"
    $cdmaterials "models\smashbros\Samlyx\"
    $cdmaterials "models\OtherM\Characters\Samus\ZeroSuit\"
    $hboxset "default"
    // Model uses material "ZeroSuit_Emis.vmt"
    // Model uses material "ZeroSuit_Diff.vmt"
    // Model uses material "Fit_Nsam_pony.vmt"
    // Model uses material "Fit_Nsam_atama.vmt"
    // Model uses material "Fit_Nsam_kao.vmt"
    // Model uses material "Fit_Nsam_koutoubu.vmt"
    // Model uses material "Fit_Nsam_matsuge.vmt"
    // Model uses material "Fit_Nsam_maegami.vmt"
    // Model uses material "Eyeball_right.vmt"
    // Model uses material "Eyeball_left.vmt"
    $attachment "eyes" "ValveBiped.Bip01_Head1" 2.72 -3.33 -0.01 rotate 0.00 -80.10 -90.00
    $attachment "lefteye" "ValveBiped.Bip01_Head1" 2.72 -3.33 -1.30 rotate 0.00 -80.10 -90.00
    $attachment "righteye" "ValveBiped.Bip01_Head1" 2.72 -3.33 1.31 rotate 0.00 -80.10 -90.00
    $attachment "nose" "ValveBiped.Bip01_Head1" 1.70 -5.30 -0.00 rotate 0.00 -80.00 -90.00
    $attachment "mouth" "ValveBiped.Bip01_Head1" 0.20 -4.90 -0.00 rotate 0.00 -80.00 -90.00
    $attachment "forward" "ValveBiped.Bip01_Head1" 0.00 0.00 0.00 rotate 0.00 -0.00 -0.00
    $attachment "anim_attachment_head" "ValveBiped.Bip01_Head1" 0.00 0.00 0.00 rotate -90.00 -90.00 0.00
    $surfaceprop "flesh"
    $illumposition -0.144 0.712 34.730
    $sequence ragdoll "ragdoll" ACT_DIERAGDOLL 1 fps 30.00
    $sequence idle "idle" ACT_idle 1 fps 30.00
    $collisionjoints "phymodel.smd" {
    	$mass 90.0
    	$inertia 10.00
    	$damping 0.01
    	$rotdamping 1.50
    	$rootbone "valvebiped.bip01_pelvis"
    	$jointmerge "ValveBiped.Bip01_Pelvis" "ValveBiped.Bip01_Spine1"

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_thigh" x limit -12.00 12.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_thigh" y limit -8.00 75.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_thigh" z limit -97.00 32.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_calf" x limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_calf" y limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_calf" z limit -160.00 15.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_thigh" x limit -12.00 12.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_thigh" y limit -73.00 6.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_thigh" z limit -93.00 30.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_calf" x limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_calf" y limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_calf" z limit -15.00 160.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_foot" x limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_foot" y limit -19.00 19.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_foot" z limit -15.00 35.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_spine2" x limit -48.00 48.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_spine2" y limit -25.00 25.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_spine2" z limit -25.00 50.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_head1" x limit -20.00 20.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_head1" y limit -25.00 25.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_head1" z limit -13.00 30.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "motzerohair_b01" x limit -180.00 180.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "motzerohair_b01" y limit -180.00 180.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "motzerohair_b01" z limit -180.00 180.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "motzerohair_b02" x limit -180.00 180.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "motzerohair_b02" y limit -180.00 180.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "motzerohair_b02" z limit -180.00 180.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "motzerohair_b03" x limit -180.00 180.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "motzerohair_b03" y limit -180.00 180.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "motzerohair_b03" z limit -180.00 180.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "mot_breast" x limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "mot_breast" y limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "mot_breast" z limit 0.00 0.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_clavicle" x limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_clavicle" y limit -15.00 15.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_clavicle" z limit -30.00 30.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_upperarm" x limit -30.00 30.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_upperarm" y limit -95.00 84.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_upperarm" z limit -86.00 26.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_forearm" x limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_forearm" y limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_forearm" z limit -149.00 4.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_hand" x limit -37.00 37.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_hand" y limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_l_hand" z limit -57.00 59.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_clavicle" x limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_clavicle" y limit -15.00 15.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_clavicle" z limit -30.00 30.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_upperarm" x limit -39.00 39.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_upperarm" y limit -79.00 95.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_upperarm" z limit -93.00 23.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_forearm" x limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_forearm" y limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_forearm" z limit -149.00 4.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_hand" x limit -60.00 60.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_hand" y limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_hand" z limit -57.00 70.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "motzerohair_b04" x limit -180.00 180.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "motzerohair_b04" y limit -180.00 180.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "motzerohair_b04" z limit -180.00 180.00 0.00

$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_foot" x limit 0.00 0.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_foot" y limit -25.00 6.00 0.00
    	$jointconstrain "valvebiped.bip01_r_foot" z limit -15.00 35.00 0.00
    	$animatedfriction 1.000 400.000 0.500 0.000 0.300
    }

37. Post #37
    June 2005
    122 Posts
    Do you have an updated file archive then? If so upload it and i'll see what I can help you fail at :D

38. Post #38
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    Do you have an updated file archive then? If so upload it and i'll see what I can help you fail at :D
    here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?8a6risfal64z06y
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    May 2011
    30 Posts
    Hey bro, sorry I've been gone and I haven't had time to work on the model. Just thought id tell you that the texture assignments were never erased, juts not opened. I can help you rig the head with weights if you want. Or if you're still interested.

40. Post #40
    June 2013
    98 Posts
    Hey bro, sorry I've been gone and I haven't had time to work on the model. Just thought id tell you that the texture assignments were never erased, juts not opened. I can help you rig the head with weights if you want. Or if you're still interested.
    I'm still interested in completing the project. i got the head rigged as much as i can, though the ponytail has some sort of problem. I think i got the textures assigned through fragmotion, but it seems to become unassigned when i convert it into an smd file for 3ds max, and i don't know how to work on adding materials in 3ds max as of now.
    plus the qc file i made probably doesnt work, since its not working in HLMV. But, i did all i could :L