1. Post #921
    November 2010
    1,893 Posts
    GUYS, the groups no longer redirect you, however it takes you to an invalid page. My heart skipped a beat. However, when I read it, it said this:

It DIDN'T say "No group could be retrieved for the given URL." Which is good.

If you want to see this for yourself, each Halo group has the same message.
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/216760 Halo 1
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/216780 Halo 2
    http://steamcommunity.com/games/216800 Halo 3
    What's your Steam skin?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

2. Post #922
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,430 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 2 (list)

3. Post #923
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,404 Posts
    I think I'll try calling the xbox number but I don't have skype credit.
    I still want to know what's to be gained in doing this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #924

July 2013
    14 Posts
    Halo 3 has disappeared again from my favourite group list on Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

5. Post #925
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,430 Posts
    Mines still in my groups list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #926

July 2013
    11 Posts
    At least Steam Summer Sale will distract me and will help me to forget about this for a few days :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree x 4Dumb x 1Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #927
    July 2013
    21 Posts
    Any news? :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #928
    April 2011
    14 Posts
    Any news? :P
    "After the most recent serverlist downage which some of you may have not even noticed happened as it was very quick to come back up, a couple hours at most. But after said downtime I did my usual check of the serverlist IP address and have discovered that our lovely game has been officially moved onto the Microsoft Global Foundation Services. Which is what they use to host all the Xbox, Hotmail, Outlook, MSN, Skype, and etc. servers, instead off us being hosted in some random MS office.

I myself am curious to what this means, is our game being supported silently? is it just that we will never go down? or are they just putting us up and throwing us under the rug? we wont know anything until an official announcement is made, but I will keep my hopes up."

http://www.h2pc.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=395
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 12 (list)

9. Post #929
    December 2012
    3,954 Posts
    I played Halo 3 years and years ago on my friends Xbox 360 and I loved it, I couldn't believe it wasn't on PC.

I thought the coop was great (the first time I'd ever really tried it iirc) and Forge mode was a ton of fun. Seriously, Microsoft were stupid for not releasing it earlier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

10. Post #930
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    17,411 Posts
    I didn't realise people wanted Halo 3 on the PC so badly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #931
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    20,261 Posts
    I'd honestly rather have Reach but I'd have no problems with 3.

Campaign wasn't too great, but it offered much much MUCH better custom games than 3. More custom game type options and Forge being a straight upgrade made sure of that. Also firefight can be a blast, and spartan customization is a million times better. I've been playing a lot of Halo 3 lately (left ODST at school when I transfered out so I bought it again wit the Halo 3 MP disc), and it just doesn't feel as polished and smooth as Reach. Its still great, but I'd prefer Reach to it. After all if I were to play an older Halo game this long after it came out it'd be for multiplayer not campaign, and as far as I am concerned, 3 had the better campaign but Reach had the better multiplayer. More options, more polish, more longevity.

But if we did get 3, we may get ODST, and that would be fucking brilliant. ODST is my favorite campaign in the series. I've played through it a dozen times.

As long as they don't waste their efforts porting 4. Best to forget that ever existed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Disagree Disagree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #932
    July 2013
    17 Posts
    "After the most recent serverlist downage which some of you may have not even noticed happened as it was very quick to come back up, a couple hours at most. But after said downtime I did my usual check of the serverlist IP address and have discovered that our lovely game has been officially moved onto the Microsoft Global Foundation Services. Which is what they use to host all the Xbox, Hotmail, Outlook, MSN, Skype, and etc. servers, instead off us being hosted in some random MS office.

I myself am curious to what this means, is our game being supported silently? is it just that we will never go down? or are they just putting us up and throwing us under the rug? we wont know anything until an official announcement is made, but I will keep my hopes up."

http://www.h2pc.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=395
    Wow nice find. This is big, the announcement must be close. The idea of Halo 2's (and maybe Halo 3's) servers being supported like this by Microsoft makes me think we might see dedicated servers for playing on?

Or am I wrong?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

13. Post #933
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,430 Posts
    I don't know, I thought they were starting to use steam works for newer games now, and GFWL was being phased out. Maybe that's just for now until a steam works patch is done? Don't think the announcement would be "oh we're contuinuing support on GFWL" if its such a long wait

Edited:

Also halo 2 HAS dedicated servers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

14. Post #934
    I wish I had a tentacle hand. Japan would pay billions for some real-life tentacles.
    February 2009
    5,210 Posts
    I don't think they ever said anything about Steam, they only said they knew GFWL was shit. I think they're only doing it for newer games anyways, since new games usually sell more than old ones that have been out for a few years and just get patched up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #935
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,430 Posts
    I don't get why the announcement would take all this time if that's all it was though.

16. Post #936
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,195 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #937
    CUNT DESTROYER
    August 2008
    11,740 Posts
    I would much prefer getting Halo 3 because Reach only has co-op (on xbox it came with a halo 3 multiplayer disk)
    what are you smoking?

You must be thinking of ODST.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

18. Post #938
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    11,855 Posts
    I would much prefer getting Halo 3 because Reach only has co-op (on xbox it came with a halo 3 multiplayer disk)
    What?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #939
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    1,195 Posts
    what are you smoking?

You must be thinking of ODST.
    Woops, yeah that is what I was thinking of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

20. Post #940
    June 2013
    10 Posts
    I'd honestly rather have Reach but I'd have no problems with 3.

Campaign wasn't too great, but it offered much much MUCH better custom games than 3. More custom game type options and Forge being a straight upgrade made sure of that. Also firefight can be a blast, and spartan customization is a million times better. I've been playing a lot of Halo 3 lately (left ODST at school when I transfered out so I bought it again wit the Halo 3 MP disc), and it just doesn't feel as polished and smooth as Reach. Its still great, but I'd prefer Reach to it. After all if I were to play an older Halo game this long after it came out it'd be for multiplayer not campaign, and as far as I am concerned, 3 had the better campaign but Reach had the better multiplayer. More options, more polish, more longevity.

But if we did get 3, we may get ODST, and that would be fucking brilliant. ODST is my favorite campaign in the series. I've played through it a dozen times.
    I completely disagree. The main reason I want Halo 3 on the PC is to play the amazing campaign and especially some 4 player co-op. Reach campaign bored me and I really don't care to play it again. I do agree that Reach was great for custom gametypes with the advanced forge features. However, Halo 3's actual multiplayer was much better than Reach, imo. I hated the loadouts that Reach introduced and I became sick of playing it very quickly. I really don't care about another "horde mode" or customizing the way my Spartan looks. For me it's all about how well the game plays and I think Halo 3 has much better gameplay than Reach.

As long as they don't waste their efforts porting 4. Best to forget that ever existed.
    Doesn't Halo 4 have have even more options for custom games, an even better version of forge, more Spartan customization than ever, and Spartan Ops (horde mode)? Aren't all of those the same reasons you said you like Halo Reach more than Halo 3? So why like Reach but hate Halo 4?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #941
    I wish I had a tentacle hand. Japan would pay billions for some real-life tentacles.
    February 2009
    5,210 Posts
    Doesn't Halo 4 have have even more options for custom games, an even better version of forge, more Spartan customization than ever, and Spartan Ops (horde mode)? Aren't all of those the same reasons you said you like Halo Reach more than Halo 3? So why like Reach but hate Halo 4?
    They actually removed quite some options that were extremely important. For example, while they added different player models to infected, they removed almost ALL options that created the most fun gamemodes in Halo 3/Reach, such as Alpha Zombie traits and weapons for Infected (seriously, why they removed those is still beyond me).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 2 (list)

22. Post #942
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    17,494 Posts
    i played halo 3 for about 2 hours then something dropped on my xbox and scratched the disk
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 18Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #943
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    4,839 Posts
    The customisation is awful, none of the armours look any good. Forge and custom games arent as good as previous games, Spartan ops isnt a horde mode, its a episodic campaign that just reuses parts from the campaign and is pretty repetitive and boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #944
    June 2013
    10 Posts
    The customisation is awful, none of the armours look any good. Forge and custom games arent as good as previous games, Spartan ops isnt a horde mode, its a episodic campaign that just reuses parts from the campaign and is pretty repetitive and boring.
    They actually removed quite some options that were extremely important. For example, while they added different player models to infected, they removed almost ALL options that created the most fun gamemodes in Halo 3/Reach, such as Alpha Zombie traits and weapons for Infected (seriously, why they removed those is still beyond me).
    Alright, thanks for the info. I haven't played Halo 4 so I wasn't sure on that stuff. That really sucks they removed a lot of the good things. It makes more sense now why many people seem to dislike Halo 4.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

25. Post #945
    Chief Gunnery Sgt. of the SS Shitpost
    March 2009
    20,261 Posts
    Halo 4 has way way way less option for custom games, Forge had some of the best features from Reach either removed or ruined (no fine tuning, magnets were a broken feature so they never lined up properly, file sharing was broken and a huge downgrade over Reach, the new forge spaces were difficult to work in). Spartan Ops was a lot less interesting than Firefight, it was just a reused campaign maps with a crap story thrown on it. Customization was pretty much the same not counting the poses you can give your character in the lobby. The only real difference is the armor in Halo 4 looked like shit and completely went against Halo's art style and instead got shit from Evangelion.

Late response, but I wanted to give my two-cents vv
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #946
    Hng
    September 2011
    1,612 Posts
    So uh, spartan assault is coming out tomorrow.

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/ga...spartanassault

Available worldwide on July 18 for all Windows 8 PCs and Tablets. Available worldwide on July 18 for compatible Windows Phone 8 devices, except in the U.S. where the Windows Phone 8 version is available only on Verizon Wireless until August 16. On Windows Phone 8, 1GB RAM currently required. Version supporting 512MB RAM Windows Phone 8 coming August 2013. Performance on 512MB phones may vary.
    I'm taking odds for how long it will take to get to W7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

27. Post #947
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    7,727 Posts
    So uh, spartan assault is coming out tomorrow.

http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/ga...spartanassault

I'm taking odds for how long it will take to get to W7
    Never. They'll blame piracy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #948
    Hng
    September 2011
    1,612 Posts
    Well I don't expect anyone but pirates to be the ones to port it to windows 7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

29. Post #949
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,764 Posts
    I have Windows 8.

I'll never play this unless it's free though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #950
    October 2010
    1,830 Posts
    I have Windows 8.

I'll never play this unless it's free though.
    Why?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #951
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,430 Posts
    probably doesn't care enough/is going off halo 4 and doesn't think it'll be worth it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

32. Post #952
    July 2013
    17 Posts
    So is there going to be a stream of the 343 panel at comic con today?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

33. Post #953
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,430 Posts
    comic con is today?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

34. Post #954
    Turbo Dyke
    Dennab
    June 2010
    19,687 Posts
    Yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

35. Post #955
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    4,077 Posts
    Never. They'll blame piracy.
    I hardly doubt that. There is going to be some crack or some sort of a program to allow it to play on windows7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

36. Post #956
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,430 Posts
    no there isn't
    this isn't some artificial OS lock like Halo 2 was.
    the game is built off of WinRT, and to emulate Spartan Assault it would require emulating the metro interface as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

37. Post #957
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,528 Posts
    no there isn't
    this isn't some artificial OS lock like Halo 2 was.
    the game is built off of WinRT, and to emulate Spartan Assault it would require emulating the metro interface as well.
    You have no idea what you are taking about. It is possible to port metro apps to 7, just takes time and most apps are pointless to do it.

Also, RT is fucking Arm, if its coming to reg. Windows 8, its on x86
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #958
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,430 Posts
    well that's what I was told, sorry!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #959
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    566 Posts
    You have no idea what you are taking about. It is possible to port metro apps to 7, just takes time and most apps are pointless to do it.

Also, RT is fucking Arm, if its coming to reg. Windows 8, its on x86
    Windows RT != WinRT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #960
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,430 Posts
    I meant WinRT btw