1. Post #1761
    Gold Member
    July 2013
    412 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #1762
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,355 Posts

http://khyaber.deviantart.com/

The artist above who did the previous post as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #1763
    Gold Member
    July 2013
    759 Posts

http://khyaber.deviantart.com/

The artist above who did the previous post as well.
    It's a shame he charges for the download. I actually wouldn't of minded that as my new background.

4. Post #1764
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,355 Posts
    It's a shame he charges for the download. I actually wouldn't of minded that as my new background.
    Honestly I am on the side of the artist whenever it comes to "charging". It's hard work, and the price is just a bit steep but hay trying to make money with a often unappreciative crowd.

In this day and age many people just use a trick to steal the picture anyways, which is terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #1765
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,359 Posts
    Honestly I am on the side of the artist whenever it comes to "charging". It's hard work, and the price is just a bit steep but hay trying to make money with a often unappreciative crowd.

In this day and age many people just use a trick to steal the picture anyways, which is terrible.
    I'm actually rarely on the artists side typically because the ones that charge are often greatly over estimating the value of their work or even the quality.

Like this type of quality? yeah most certainly worth it, but then you have artists who are 'eh' quality, who if they're doing comissions will have it like 80 bucks per commission with 25 for color, 25 for more than 1 character, and 15 for a background. So it'd be like $120 bucks for a 'meh' quality piece and the artist is overly defending of themselves.

It just seems like i encounter more people of that variety then i do actually skilled artists who are selling their work for a reasonable price with matching quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #1766
    Gold Member
    July 2013
    412 Posts
    I'm actually rarely on the artists side typically because the ones that charge are often greatly over estimating the value of their work or even the quality.

Like this type of quality? yeah most certainly worth it, but then you have artists who are 'eh' quality, who if they're doing comissions will have it like 80 bucks per commission with 25 for color, 25 for more than 1 character, and 15 for a background. So it'd be like $120 bucks for a 'meh' quality piece and the artist is overly defending of themselves.

It just seems like i encounter more people of that variety then i do actually skilled artists who are selling their work for a reasonable price with matching quality.
    A lot of things come in consideration when you have to write down prices.
    Stuff like general quality, amount of requests and speed of production all bring you to the question "How much is my time worth?".

Well, this is how a freelancer like yours truly would think it out, i can't really speak for those who seriously overestimate their work and have no clue of what they're doing.

7. Post #1767
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,359 Posts
    No i realize how things really can break down and i realize that art shouldn't be 120 bucks just because i don't want to pay that. I would pay that if the quality were there. What i'm saying is that i've frequently stumbled upon artist who greatly overestimate how valuable their work is and charge rather high prices. Or artists that are of great quality but still charge rather high while never getting around to doing it/making a mistake not correcting it/ being a dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1768
    Gold Member
    July 2013
    412 Posts
    Yeah, that's perfectly rational. And it's a real shame there are artists out there that fit the description.

9. Post #1769
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    6,748 Posts
    https://e621.net/pool/show/3863

some straight rrerr comic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #1770
    Shitposting Pro
    January 2014
    1,143 Posts
    Mhm saw that on Herpy 2 days ago.
    Well made.

11. Post #1771
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,359 Posts
    herpy is still updated? I honestly would go on and rarely see anything actual new stuff.

12. Post #1772
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,851 Posts

Toothless is actually the first character to be seen in the movie. His silhouette is seen flying through the star-filled background during the DreamWorks intro.

In the book, Toothless is a little iguana sized dragon much like the Terrible Terror. The directors changed this as they wanted a dragon Hiccup would be able to climb on to and that would have a design helping it emote better.

The sounds Toothless produces along with his behavior and personality were inspired by cats, dogs, and horses.

Toothless’s design resembles Stitch’s from the Lilo and Stitch movie. This can be attributed to the fact that both directors for HTTYD also directed Lilo and Stitch.

At one time, one of Toothless’s animator stuck a ball of duct-tape on his own cat’s tail for reference which ended up perfect for this shot.(actual footage of his cat he used)

Animators had to attend “flight school” during production. It is a legitimate program in which they would study flight physics and movements of different creatures for realism. After graduation, they each even received a diploma.

Throughout the film, Hiccup vehemently declares he can’t kill dragons while the other Vikings boast about all the dragons they've killed. Ironically, Hiccup is the only Viking we actually see kill a dragon in the whole movie.

HTTYD features lots for beards and fur. Not only are beards tough to rig but designing them is also tricky. Stoick’s beard alone took months to make.

The sounds the Terrible Terrors make are actually based upon a Chihuahua named Paco from Cottage Grove, Oregon. A sound designer at Skywalker Sound, contacted his owners after seeing a video of Paco on the internet. Paco was paid 100$ for his voice work.

John Powell’s amazing score for the movie was nominated for an Academy Award. The song "Romantic Flight" was actually played during this year’s Oscars, introducing Jamie Foxx and Jessica Biel on the stage to present the Best Original Score category.Links to the OST can be found at this post’s 20th image.

In their efforts at giving HTTYD a more epic and cinematic feel, the filmmakers turned to eight-time Oscar nominee Roger Deakins (Skyfall, Prisoners, The Shawshank Redemption) to help with the movie’s visuals.

One of the focus groups used to preview the film was so moved by the ending scene, they insisted the directors keep their decision to make Hiccup an amputee as they connected with it and though it was daring.A kid among the group said “It was sad because Hiccup lost something but then he gained so much more”.

Astrid’s character isn't in the original book. She was created especially for the movie.

Dragons had their own language in the original books. Early on, the team decided they should only communicate physically so they’d feel more animal-like.

The eye opening as Toothless's wing passes by was an accident in the animation process. The filmmakers kept it because it looked creepy and very fitting.

When Hiccup reads the Dragon Manual, the writings in it are actually in plain English cryptographed into runes.

Every time a dragon is about to spit fire, you can see it gather gas in its maw. The only exception is the Zippleback which uses one head to release gas and the other one to spark it aflame.

Before Toothless brings Hiccup and Astrid to the dragon's nest, we get several shots of other dragons. Pay attention to one shot of a Monstrous Nightmare; it can be seen holding Gloria, the hippo from Madagascar. (Confirmed on the DVD's commentary)

When it came out in theaters, HTTYD was praised for its use of 3D during the flying sequences which some people claim was on par with or better than Avatar’s which came out around the same time.

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 8Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

13. Post #1773
    Gold Member
    July 2013
    759 Posts

Yeah you're right. I didn't mean to come off as being selfish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

14. Post #1774
    Siminov's Bitch
    April 2011
    1,162 Posts
    Someone has been bad.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #1775
    Shitposting Pro
    January 2014
    1,143 Posts
    @Roll_Program

I only looked at the gifs because I know the story by heart.
    Shiny gifs. :3

HTTYD, best movie ever!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #1776
    The Colombian Dragon of Facepunch
    March 2013
    3,571 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Colombia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

17. Post #1777
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,851 Posts
    @Roll_Program

I only looked at the gifs because I know the story by heart.
    Shiny gifs. :3

HTTYD, best movie ever!
    Except the gifs are not about the story, just about stories from production.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #1778
    June 2013
    153 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

19. Post #1779
    Shitposting Pro
    January 2014
    1,143 Posts
    Except the gifs are not about the story, just about stories from production.
    How I said, only looked at the gifs.
    Damn me and my ignorance!

But my statement is still valid. :D

20. Post #1780
    NATURALLY WIRED TO HAVE SEX WITH KIDS
    June 2007
    9,180 Posts
    That's a nice butt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

21. Post #1781
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    2,370 Posts
    Funnily enough, the Argonian is more closely related to that log the lizard is standing on

22. Post #1782
    Skate 3 glitch wizard
    September 2006
    4,391 Posts
    Funnily enough, the Argonian is more closely related to that log the lizard is standing on
    Doesn't the tree just make them look more human?

23. Post #1783
    BOUGHT A DRAGON DILDO X
    December 2007
    1,047 Posts

Seems about right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 9Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #1784
    Skate 3 glitch wizard
    September 2006
    4,391 Posts
    We need a dinosaur thread
    We have a prehistory thread but that's too much a science thread

we talk about argonians and kobolds in here but I don't know if dinosaurs would be allowed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #1785
    Dennab
    December 2013
    1,588 Posts
    um

hi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #1786
    Skate 3 glitch wizard
    September 2006
    4,391 Posts
    nice avatar

guilmon is adorable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #1787
    BOUGHT A DRAGON DILDO X
    December 2007
    1,047 Posts
    We need a dinosaur thread
    We have a prehistory thread but that's too much a science thread

we talk about argonians and kobolds in here but I don't know if dinosaurs would be allowed
    I don't see why not. Nobody complained about the snakes on the previous page.
    General scalie thread rrerr.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

28. Post #1788
    Dennab
    December 2013
    1,588 Posts
    nice avatar

guilmon is adorable
    awww thanks m8

29. Post #1789
    Skate 3 glitch wizard
    September 2006
    4,391 Posts
    There was a nice picture of an allosaurus chilling with a girl and I was going to post it but the artist deleted it :(

have some ukabor instead

Also this

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

30. Post #1790
    Wet Birds
    September 2005
    8,123 Posts
    I really need to get a commission picture of my half-dragon looking warforged character I'm playing, she's rad as all hell

31. Post #1791
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    601 Posts
    my friend has a bearded dragon

i used to think they were boring, all they do is kinda just sit there and look at you

then i thought deep into it
    then i remembered how i loved dragons as a kid and always obsessed over them
    then i loved that little scaley thing
    then i wanted to have my own

then i remembered i have 4 cats
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #1792
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    381 Posts
    Bearded Dragons rock. The first time my brother and I played with it a little, it took a big shit on him. It was awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

33. Post #1793
    I bought this title because I couldn't afford Gold Membership yet. meow :3
    August 2013
    1,755 Posts
    my friend has a bearded dragon

i used to think they were boring, all they do is kinda just sit there and look at you

then i thought deep into it
    then i remembered how i loved dragons as a kid and always obsessed over them
    then i loved that little scaley thing
    then i wanted to have my own

then i remembered i have 4 cats
    we should be friends
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #1794
    April 2013
    26 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

35. Post #1795
    I bought this title because I couldn't afford Gold Membership yet. meow :3
    August 2013
    1,755 Posts
    Oh damn that looks like a pretty sweet dragon.

It would go great with this guy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

36. Post #1796
    December 2008
    561 Posts
    No i realize how things really can break down and i realize that art shouldn't be 120 bucks just because i don't want to pay that. I would pay that if the quality were there. What i'm saying is that i've frequently stumbled upon artist who greatly overestimate how valuable their work is and charge rather high prices. Or artists that are of great quality but still charge rather high while never getting around to doing it/making a mistake not correcting it/ being a dick.
    I have an ongoing commission that was supposed to be done for christmas. Its so late now that I kinda never want to commission this person again. Not saying they are a dick or anything, I understand the situation when you make a living off your art but it just gets a little ridiculous the backlog of some well known artists.

37. Post #1797
    Shitposting Pro
    January 2014
    1,143 Posts
    I'm not sure if this one has been already posted, but it's just really awesome!

Look what I just found
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Late Late x 2 (list)

38. Post #1798
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,359 Posts
    I have an ongoing commission that was supposed to be done for christmas. Its so late now that I kinda never want to commission this person again. Not saying they are a dick or anything, I understand the situation when you make a living off your art but it just gets a little ridiculous the backlog of some well known artists.
    I had gotten in on an artists rust challenge, got two slots paid and everything. I was like 74 and 76 out of 100. She got to like 30 or something then slowed down. Then things 'came up' in her life understandably, rarely makes news posts of is active at all. But when she does post a news post its about how she's going to get right on the remaining 70 or so rust drawings, then uploads anything but them.

Like i'm really not mad, i just wish she would actually make updates.

39. Post #1799
    April 2013
    26 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #1800
    The Colombian Dragon of Facepunch
    March 2013
    3,571 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Colombia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9 (list)