1. Post #26681
    Maxime Lebled
    December 2010
    11,411 Posts
    Excuse me, what? It has an accuracy of 0.34, -8 degrees of gun depression which is huge for a German and 157 fucking millimeters of penetration. You know what tanks at tier 5 have higher pen? 2: the Bathub and the Flakbus. If you're looking for brawling tanks with armor you've come to a wrong line, get a Soviet or an American tank. German tanks are not what you play because they have armor, you play them because they have guns. Accurate, good guns.

Edited:

I personally loved my 3001 H to bits and was sad to part with it when I researched the 3002 M.
    I don't enjoy the Kv-1 to such an extent, for example.

Edited:

Granted, there is the fact it comes right after DW2 and almost anything is a godsend after the DW2 and the fact that I had all of the guns, engines and radios unlocked already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #26682
    Dennab
    June 2008
    20,723 Posts
    oh no I'm just making fun of the fact that it's heavy as all hell but the weight is mysteriously distributed nowhere as armor. I understand the balancing reasons.

I'm not having trouble penetrating. Tier 5 is often on top and tier 6 tanks don't have much more armor than tier 5 as a whole. The DPM is what's just so frustratingly low, and I played the Cent I and liked it. Combine a slow chassis with a low DPM and a (seemingly) high aimtime makes it excruciatingly difficult to put damage down on target. Also, when tanks are slow but don't have armor that's the worst of both worlds, in a Lowe syndrome kind of sense. You trundle up a flank and if it's the wrong flank to have trundled up, you're stuck on it.

The 30.02M looks like a more traditional medium that I'm used to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #26683
    Maxime Lebled
    December 2010
    11,411 Posts
    Yea, that's the major problem : they put a heavy tank in a medium line.
    3001 H should lead to the heavy line while the Pz IV should lead to the E-50 med line, was it that fucking hard to do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #26684
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    471 Posts
    Ace medal on... defeat :c

fucking enemy cent
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

5. Post #26685
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,011 Posts
    Takes that much xp for a mastery badge in the cent? That's woefully small, I was expecting a larger xp pool required.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

6. Post #26686
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    471 Posts
    With this event

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

7. Post #26687
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,214 Posts
    'Courageous resistance' isn't an event, it's the game giving you the equivalent of winning exp and credits for getting an 'epic' medal like High Calibre in your case
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #26688
    January 2014
    3,833 Posts
    Please educate me. How the hell am I supposed to play with the Chi-Ri? This tank feels like an oversized piece of garbage.

I tried the autoloading gun and the reload was horrible. Switched to the normal firing gun and it seemed at least okay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #26689
    July 2013
    719 Posts
    Please educate me. How the hell am I supposed to play with the Chi-Ri? This tank feels like an oversized piece of garbage.

I tried the autoloading gun and the reload was horrible. Switched to the normal firing gun and it seemed at least okay.
    You don't play it, you suffer through it. Or u can just free exp it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #26690
    I find Chi-Ri more fun than Comet, though still less fun than T20. Being able to deal ~390 damage every 8,5 seconds is a really nice thing, especially with that nice depression.
    Basically, you play it like every other autoloader: shoot->hide/run->shoot->hide/run (repeat if necessary)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Poland Show Events

11. Post #26691
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    24,283 Posts
    it's too big to hide and too slow to run
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #26692
    July 2013
    719 Posts
    I find Chi-Ri more fun than Comet, though still less fun than T20. Being able to deal ~390 damage every 8,5 seconds is a really nice thing, especially with that nice depression.
    Basically, you play it like every other autoloader: shoot->hide/run->shoot->hide/run (repeat if necessary)
    The problem with that is, enemy can deal 400 dmg and hide within a 2 seconds.
    It is really different than other autoloaders, real autoloader can deal 2x-4x of the damage that he will receive during the engagement while chiri can barely deal the same damage.

it's too big to hide and too slow to run
    Also that.

13. Post #26693
    Dennab
    June 2008
    20,723 Posts
    It's a tracker-brawler. Camp corners and win. Kill tanks in one burst by tracking. Scare people off with ridiculous temporary DPM. Laugh as people try to trade with you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #26694
    Why am I getting lectured "how bad" Chi-Ri is again?
    If you want significantly better acceleration, you simply mount the stock turret, which is also smaller. If you want the autoloader/more HP/+10 meters for view range you mount the second turret.
    More importantly, you need to be able to utilize all the good features it has, which is a vital thing for playing mediums, especially the majority of tier 8 ones which have guns with laughable alpha damage. If you can't figure out how to play it, you might as well not bother to play unusual tanks at all. I do not consider myself as a great player, but I still somehow have ~2000 WN8 in Chi-Ri which means one can do well in it.
    Also comparing it to regular autoloader tanks may not be a good idea, mainly due to the fact that it does not have any characteristics typical for autoloaders: no long aim time nor very long reload time.

15. Post #26695
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,662 Posts
    I still somehow have ~2000 WN8 in Chi-Ri which means one can do well in it.
    WN8 goes off tank averages remember, so you may not be doing as well as you think when compared to other tanks, you're just making a shitbox work better than other people do

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #26696
    you're just making a shitbox work better than other people do
    This fact alone clearly indicates that every pile of shit (well, maybe except for the light tanks the matchmaking of which has yet to be fixed), when used properly, can perform really well. One needs to develop a separate mindset for each tank - I still remember myself hating the T25 AT until I read somewhere that it should be played like a turretless medium, which proved successful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Poland Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

17. Post #26697
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,662 Posts
    of course every tank can perform well, but that doesn't change the fact that some tanks are just plain shit in comparison to their peers

just because i've got a high rating and win-rate in the douchewagen 2, because i managed to somehow make it work, doesn't mean it's any less of an abominably god-awful wank-stain, for example
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #26698
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,193 Posts
    the chi ri made me lose faith in my country
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #26699
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    6,172 Posts

And this is why I do not care when people whine about me bringing a chaffee into a tier 10 game.

Let this sink in for a minute:

I outdamage a Foch 155, WTE-100, T-57 and a FV215b
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #26700
    I LOVE ANIME AND MAGICAL GIRLS BUT DONT TELL ANYONE
    January 2008
    13,277 Posts
    chaffe is the best tanku, it's the one in which I feel like the parody of my skill actually exists, and can genuinely albeit still indirectly change the outcome of a battle, also the gun owns, sucks that it's cash multiplier is so low, even in great matches w/o prem you're going to lose money
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Poland Show Events

21. Post #26701
    of course every tank can perform well, but that doesn't change the fact that some tanks are just plain shit in comparison to their peers
    That is true, indeed. Still, my ultimate point is the "making it work" thing, which, unfortunately, is completely different for every player-tank relation. According to stats, I am doing better in Chi-Ri than in Comet and T20, despite the fact that I consider T20 to be noticeably better; perhaps I have gotten better since the time when I was still grinding the T20.
    Oh, and what I think that is more important is actually having fun playing a tank, because that's what this friggin' game is about. I do enjoy playing Chi-Ri more than for instance Comet, and that is what matters the most.

22. Post #26702
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    24,283 Posts
    Historical battles are completely dead. WG fucked up a promising gamemode by doing a rush job and by adding the slowest and buggiest matchmaker this game has ever seen (even for the smallest tanks). Literally nobody in the queue even during daytime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #26703
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,662 Posts
    having fun ... because that's what this friggin' game is about....
    you mean this game isn't about making muh numbaz go up and being an autist?

blasphemy!

Edited:

it begins

Edited:

i held LMB for 4 seconds and two full-hp tanks died - what even is this tank
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

24. Post #26704
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,068 Posts
    its rather nice to average 1k xp when winning, yet i can only seem to do it in my comet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #26705
    September 2008
    18,981 Posts
    If you sell a tank with a camo, do you lose that camo too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

26. Post #26706
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,662 Posts
    If you sell a tank with a camo, do you lose that camo too?
    i think in 8.11 they made it so if you sell a tank which has permanent camo, you can re-apply it if you buy it back

but don't quote me on that though...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #26707
    Dennab
    June 2008
    20,723 Posts
    For maybe one fucking game could it not be me vs the entire flank? These players are significantly less intelligent than I remember, but that could just be the juxtaposition of F2P apes and real humans hitting me again.

28. Post #26708
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,068 Posts
    well i decided to stop playing for the night after i got ammo racked from full health near the start of the game in my comet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events

29. Post #26709
    Maxime Lebled
    December 2010
    11,411 Posts
    chaffe is the best tanku, it's the one in which I feel like the parody of my skill actually exists, and can genuinely albeit still indirectly change the outcome of a battle, also the gun owns, sucks that it's cash multiplier is so low, even in great matches w/o prem you're going to lose money
    I don't understand how someone could willingly endure enough of the M5 Stuart to amass the 55k exp needed for a Taffee.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #26710
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    6,172 Posts
    I don't understand how someone could willingly endure enough of the M5 Stuart to amass the 55k exp needed for a Taffee.
    You'll understand once you have the chaffee.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #26711
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    24,283 Posts
    Played a match with the type 64 (chaffee's chinese step-brother) today, got 5k exp doubles and top damage in a tier 8 game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

32. Post #26712
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,531 Posts
    If only the americunt M5 was half as good as the Chinese M5A1, grinding for the Chaffee would be achievable.

Instead we get the terribad 75mm that doesn't suit the chassis at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

33. Post #26713
    Dennab
    June 2008
    20,723 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the Lowe gets slower every time I play it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

34. Post #26714
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,131 Posts
    I'm pretty sure the Lowe gets slower every time I play it.
    The problem with the Lowe is that it's obsolete, it was added to the game when armor still mattered and premium tanks were generally worst than their equal tier counterparts. But now it's almost completely worthless because it gets pounded by Tier IX and X artillery, TDs, and mediums before it even has a chance to get into position or fire it's gun.

It needs to get preferential matchmaking or the Super Pershing treatment because I would trade it for a IS-6, Jagdtiger 88, or some other premium that has preferential MM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #26715
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    11,539 Posts
    The problem with the Lowe is that it's obsolete, it was added to the game when armor still mattered and premium tanks were generally worst than their equal tier counterparts. But now it's almost completely worthless because it gets pounded by Tier IX and X artillery, TDs, and mediums before it even has a chance to get into position or fire it's gun.

It needs to get preferential matchmaking or the Super Pershing treatment.
    This is a pretty core problem with Wargaming, they are scared of actually making these tanks better.

The Lowe itself and the Type 59 are to blame for this, at the time, they weren't the best tanks available but they reached a level of competence that made people play them, and play them in large numbers, over everything else. they were statistically worse but this was in large part overlooked because of they shitting money and were "good enough."

but here in lies the problem, no one wanted to drive anything else, so lacking stronger opponents to keep them in check they overran matchmaking causing hell for tanks underneath them and only having to deal with fighting THEMSELVES most of the time so began over performing and they essentially formed a money singularity and more and more people were buying these tanks and sending the metagame and through the ringer, the very reason premium tanks are worse is to give a downside to the increased income that they have so they cannot grind completely optimally, just more efficiently while sacrificing combat effectiveness. but the playerbase actually managed to bend the meta game to their will so that they were grinding in an optimal environment, IE: everyone was playing Tier 8 so Tier 8 games were forming more than anything else and premium tanks being sub optimal vehicles, only had to worry about fighting other premium tanks AKA OTHER SUB OPTIMAL VEHICLES THUS RENDERING THEM META and lower tier tanks that they easily bulldozed.

Wargaming fucking panicked, but nerfing these tanks would be interpreted as a bait and switch by the player-base who would likely not trust Wargaming in the aftermath to actually spend that kind of money ever again, and at the time and still today tier 8 premiums are fucking pricey.

so the Lowe got a price jack up, the Type got removed all together and the KV-5 soon followed partially I think as a preventive step because the KV-5 was always seen as a surrogate Lowe with more obvious flaws, now that I own one I see it's still a good machine and it would have likely been the next stop for people who didn't get a type when it was for sale and don't want to shell out for a Lowe.

so fast forward to now, the Lowe is obsolete because of power creep, and the Type is still as good as it ever was. this will likely never change because in the immediate aftermath new premium tanks that followed, specifically the Matilda Black Prince have massive glaring flaws, massively inflated price tags, and are frustratingly balanced to actually DISCOURAGE this kind of thing from happening again. This is probably why we also haven't really seen premium tanks we've know to exist for months, YEARS even come into the game, they are dangerous if liked too much and must be tended to carefully.

but I do not like this, to me, Premium tanks have much more Character to them because of their quirks, which very few tree tanks match, which is why my garage is full of premium tanks and scarcely any tree tanks, which most of the time merely feel like stepping stones which exist to be overshadowed by the bigger stepping stones down the line.

36. Post #26716
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,181 Posts
    Tfw I didn't buy the WTE100 when it was on sale because I just couldn't bother playing the game and instead I stopped at the WTPz4. Oh well, at least the grind is irrelevant because the tanks are OP.

Shogoll you faget message me for tournament stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #26717
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,536 Posts
    well i decided to stop playing for the night after i got ammo racked from full health near the start of the game in my comet
    I one-shot someone at the start of a match with a blind cross-map shot while playing bumscag artillery. No fun allowed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #26718
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,881 Posts
    You think the M5 is bad, wait until you play the T21...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #26719
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    904 Posts
    Getting bloody sick of this game. Every time I'm doing well and winning, the game crashes.

40. Post #26720
    I don't wanna Dang ol' yo.
    September 2009
    10,039 Posts
    I thought I would ask here. I don't play tanks, so would anyone want a 3 day premium code? Free of course. Just me pm me.

Edit: Gone!