1. Post #16161
    November 2012
    489 Posts
    What if you're playing with actual good players that know how to lead targets and would've one shot you with any other vehicle?
    Kudos to them. I'm sure some of the artillery I meet are actually competent players but the frequency of which it happens leads me to believe that I either have the worst luck when playing my ELC, arty is bullshit, or that me dodging behind cover and zig zagging so my route isn't a beeline isn't enough to not get shot by artillery.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #16162
    What if you're playing with actual good players that know how to lead targets and would've one shot you with any other vehicle?
    The difference between a good player in an arty, and a good player in any other tank, is that the good player in a normal tank can't shoot over mountains or get a predator drone view.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #16163
    July 2013
    719 Posts
    Combination of superheavy spall liner and jack of all trades is best god damn thing ever. Crew dies once in every 15-20 games. Use jack of all trades to cover his position even if he is an important crew (aka all but radioman).
    Never use first aid again.

4. Post #16164
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,684 Posts
    My recurring thing now with arty is whenever they get a kill and act all super-cool about it I tell them "Yeah, must take an awful lot of skill to play whack-a-mole while beating off your uncle, I'm impressed."
    How do you do this without them trying to TK you? I've had friendly arty toss me a shell whenever I said something they didn't like. Naturally I went back and killed them after (TKers, for any reason, are a liability to the team), but I prefer to avoid that kind of thing.
    Congrats, arty did his job, he killed the guy that nobody else was able to kill. He hit the tank that was the most difficult for the tanks in the front because arty has that advantage. Or do you want to be super OP that nobody can hit you unless they get around you and get through other tanks defending that side as well when you're completely hull down in a T29 or T30 or some sort? That's a bit unfair. I don't really see the problem with arty in here.
    A T29 going hull-down and holding a flank is doing his job. A high-armor TD locking down the tank alley on Himmelsdorf so the entire enemy team doesn't rush it is doing his job. A medium tank who is exposing himself so he can get flanking fire on the enemy team is doing his job.

Arty nullifies all of these people. It makes their jobs exceptionally dangerous even though the tanks were designed for that purpose. These people, when playing their tanks right and working as a team, should seem invincible to shitlords. There is absolutely no reason why they should have drone-guided cruise missiles landing on them from across the map when they are doing their jobs well. Why do you think the Battlefield series added travel time and bullet drop to their sniper rifles? People were tired of getting one-shotted from across the map while just trying to get where they needed to be. Travel time and bullet drop meant that just small deviations in movement would throw off long range shooting by a LOT. Now you could say "don't drive your tank in a straight line" for WoT, but is it really fair to make that comparison? These aren't lightweight infantry, they are tanks. They are not the most nimble of vehicles. And in real life, World War and Korean era artillery were not percieved to be a primary threat to armored vehicles. You button down the hatch and keep moving. The armor manuals of the time don't say much more than that because artillery was such a non-issue. In World of Tanks, artillery are satellite-operated, gps-guided snipers that can ruin someone's game with a single-hit. If TDs, heavy tanks, or medium tanks are in a game, your gameplay decisions are (usually) not really affected. Light tanks cause some small changes, due to their intelligence value. Artillery, however, completely change the nature of every map in the game, save Himmelsdorf (for the most part). No vehicle type has as large an impact as artillery does, and its no coincidence that most other tankers want it removed from the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #16165
    I HAVE A slightly RAGING BONER RIGHT NOW
    July 2006
    869 Posts
    I got my KV-2 a few days ago, I'm just grinding for my 152 now. Then I'll fun in my fun tank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

6. Post #16166
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    18,715 Posts
    artillery ruins my games. had multiple games where 3 last team members and i face against 8 of their guys and we whittle them down until they're down to the last 3-4.

then boop artillery gets me and we lose the match.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #16167
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    10,000 Posts
    I was about to start a WZ-131 battle but then my internet cut out and the battle button didn't work.

It's a sign.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #16168
    July 2013
    719 Posts
    Just joined a medium tank company which is lead by a stoned dude
    His company is called "59% wr req im so hot i turn lesbians straight"
    Our teamspeak is crabs teamspeak lobby ( he is not in crabs)
    He commands us to teamkill,
    He rushes and sui scouts
    Yet we still win almost every game

Best tc ever

Edit

He requested a penis tag in crabs tc, they gave him one

Edit 2

He started crying saying "I'm not a heavy tank!"

Edit 3

Me: Alright, I have to go see you later
    Stoned dude: Alright man, I will add you to my friends list so I can send you naughty messages bye!

This was an interesting night
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #16169
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    18,715 Posts
    effectively held off an at-2, t-34, pz. iii a, kv-1, pz. 38 (t), and a t-46 in a2 of el halluf by myself in an m7.

too bad they had an m37.

10. Post #16170
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    12,042 Posts
    How do you do this without them trying to TK you? I've had friendly arty toss me a shell whenever I said something they didn't like. Naturally I went back and killed them after (TKers, for any reason, are a liability to the team), but I prefer to avoid that kind of thing.
    I simply do it. If they TK me it further proves my point that they're immature and lack in the mental reasoning to play real tanks. If they damage me, I make a snappy remark and continue playing as normal, as I refuse to let a shitlord distract me from at least trying to play a tank in a game about tanks.

11. Post #16171

January 2012
    161 Posts
    What you should do, Magoo. Is when you provoke them, drive up to them and stick your barrel into their gun, so if they fire, they explode and as long as you're not in a scout tank you'll just take some damage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #16172
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    9,232 Posts
    What you should do, Magoo. Is when you provoke them, drive up to them and stick your barrel into their gun, so if they fire, they explode and as long as you're not in a scout tank you'll just take some damage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #16173
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,193 Posts
    i like how the avatar fits

Edited:

in other news I got the L7 on the leo PTA

not a bad tank

except for the literally negative gun depression when aiming backwards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #16174
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,531 Posts
    in other news I got the L7 on the leo PTA

not a bad tank

except for the literally negative gun depression when aiming backwards
    Ahem, WZ-120/121

negative depression all around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #16175
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,193 Posts
    Ahem, WZ-120/121

negative depression all around.
    I swear the gun elevates slightly when pointing backwards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events

16. Post #16176
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,531 Posts
    At least it's only the back, imagine how it feels to be driving cross country with that big ass 122 smacking heavies left and right until you hit a god damn speedbump and your shot suddenly goes way up in the fucking sky, in the arms of a god damn angel.
    Every single motherfucking time.

Or you just get ammo racked instantly by an E-100 because for some reason WG felt like making the modules weaker than the T-62A even though it's essentially the same tank. Did I mention the 80mm lower plate yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #16177
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    6,173 Posts
    It does. +1 degree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Canada Show Events

18. Post #16178
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,748 Posts
    It does. +1 degree.
    Yea, like the Cromwell and Comet...

19. Post #16179
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,193 Posts
    Yea, like the Cromwell and Comet...
    Did they? I never noticed when I played through them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events

20. Post #16180
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,748 Posts
    Did they? I never noticed when I played through them
    Yup, the funny exhaust pipe on the back of both cause the gun to aim upward to avoid clipping the model. Just like the periscope on the upper front plate of the E-75
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

21. Post #16181
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,133 Posts
    Well I decided to speed grind through the KV-1s and got the IS researched and purchased. Any tips on what to grind for on it before I begin beating my head on the wall?

22. Post #16182
    SUGOI WAIFU ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU
    April 2011
    1,101 Posts
    Well I decided to speed grind through the KV-1s and got the IS researched and purchased. Any tips on what to grind for on it before I begin beating my head on the wall?
    turret before anything else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Estonia Show Events

23. Post #16183
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,797 Posts
    Over half-way to the E75...

This grind is actually way shorter then I thought it would be. Probably because I am using premium for most of it, but I am averaging 1000 xp per match. I actually put in just two days of grind time and I am already over 80k xp.

24. Post #16184
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    10,000 Posts
    It's because of premium I assure you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #16185
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,312 Posts

it has happened

it begins

Edited:

the portal to the shadowrealm is opening
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #16186
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    18,715 Posts
    so noobmeter now has wn8 stats instead of wn6 stats and it's in alpha-testing right now.

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/na/t...ne/1005434804/

only 1,474 wn8 :(

at least i have 1600+ wn7.

27. Post #16187
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,039 Posts
    so noobmeter now has wn8 stats instead of wn6 stats and it's in alpha-testing right now.

They changed the scale, it's broader now I think
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

28. Post #16188
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    2,312 Posts

My 1479 wn7 went to 1807 wn8

am I pro now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Japan Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #16189
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,181 Posts
    My 1479 wn7 went to 1807 wn8

am I pro now
    no

WN7: 1815 (Great)
    WN8: 2,021 (Great)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

30. Post #16190
    Maxime Lebled
    December 2010
    11,412 Posts
    618 Wn8.
    I'm the cancer killing this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #16191
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    10,000 Posts
    holy shit the su-100 is so fucking infuriating.

i swear to god dice rolls are fucking with me, i'm getting shots go wide by the tiniest margin, or the largest fucking margin
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #16192
    roar
    January 2008
    10,365 Posts
    ~1800 wn7 rose to ~2200 wn8
    nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

33. Post #16193
    April 2011
    1,101 Posts
    618 Wn8.
    I'm the cancer killing this game.
    764 oh god
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Estonia Show Events

34. Post #16194
    Maxime Lebled
    December 2010
    11,412 Posts
    http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/maxumym/511400947/
    I'm very pissed that I'm still this bad after 3k games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #16195
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,169 Posts
    http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/maxumym/511400947/
    I'm very pissed that I'm still this bad after 3k games.
    Don't be, some people are worse after 10k (or more) games and aren't even improving. As long as your numbers are going up, you're on the right path.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #16196
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    24,285 Posts
    Mine rose for my last 1k battles from 2450 to 3481 :)

http://www.noobmeter.com/player/eu/orkel2/500009722/

wn8 gud rating
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #16197
    January 2006
    1,295 Posts
    2,086 WN8 for my last 3000. Would probably be a bit higher if it wasn't for the "earning your steel" missions destroying me.

38. Post #16198
    this link changes
    April 2012
    6,885 Posts
    Running tanks for the first time on new PC, is this what girls feel when they buy new underwear? No one can see it, but you feel more confident regardless.

Old and busted

new hotness
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

39. Post #16199
    Dennab
    April 2011
    1,556 Posts
    Artillery accuracy needs a nerf

Those things were used againt buildings and entrenchments, not vehicles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

40. Post #16200
    April 2011
    1,101 Posts
    Artillery accuracy needs a nerf

Those things were used againt buildings and entrenchments, not vehicles
    I heard that a lot of the ones in WoT were not actually used at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)