1. Post #38721
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,733 Posts
    I jizz a little every time I hear Chrom say WE'RE NOT DONE YET or some variation of that
    honestly, i would want chrom as a playable character just so i could hear his voice lines
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #38722
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    8,228 Posts
    MORE SCREENSHOTS

Matt and Pat rush at Grandma Swamp with all their might!

Unfortunately, Pat dropped his shield.

While Matt fought valiantly with his super sick light shurikens...

Woolie the Liar still managed to steal the Smash Ball!

It's fine.

It's fine.

Woolie won.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #38723
    If Woolie is the Naruto fan, why didn't you make him Swordsman
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #38724
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    8,228 Posts
    If Woolie is the Naruto fan, why didn't you make him Swordsman
    I figured Gunner, since Samus is his waifu.
    Also, Matt gets the blade because axe/Zandatsu.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #38725
    May 2014
    228 Posts
    All I have left on page one of the challenges, is collect 3 unique custom outfits its a pain in the ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

6. Post #38726
    June 2014
    990 Posts
    I just unlocked Jigglypuff for some reason. All I did was play Smash Run.

And the best thing about it was I unlocked her with a KO punch.

7. Post #38727
    Dennab
    April 2014
    4,034 Posts
    All I have left on page one of the challenges, is collect 3 unique custom outfits its a pain in the ass.
    I heard that the hammers don't carry over, so smash that bitch and move to the next set of panels.

(Don't quote me on that though I could be mistaken)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

8. Post #38728
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    8,151 Posts
    How many challenge panels are there?
    I just now reached a third one. No clue if there are more or not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

9. Post #38729
    May 2014
    228 Posts
    I heard that the hammers don't carry over, so smash that bitch and move to the next set of panels.

(Don't quote me on that though I could be mistaken)
    Stupid ass me used all 3 already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #38730
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    420 Posts
    I just unlocked Jigglypuff for some reason. All I did was play Smash Run.

And the best thing about it was I unlocked her with a KO punch.
    I just recently unlocked Jigglypuff, G&W, and R.O.B. all within like 3 minutes of each other just from playing versus. I definitely haven't hit that 120 match mark yet. Seems the unlocks are pretty lenient.

Also, I have yet to land a single K.O. punch with Little Mac. I can't tell if it's just really short range or what, I always wiff.

11. Post #38731
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,633 Posts
    Just got this today.

Abso-fucking-lutely love it. But Jesus, Mary and Joseph on a ritz cracker is it painful for me to play with my huge hands :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #38732
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,984 Posts

Great, now this is gonna bug me forever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 34 (list)

13. Post #38733
    Finished true all-star mode with a GSP of 854230 woo!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #38734
    GLH
    July 2011
    880 Posts
    I like (read: hate) how if you disconnect from an incredibly laggy match, you still get a penalty
    Nintendo once again proves how they are incapable of making a proper online experience.

Yes, I am fucking mad alright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

15. Post #38735
    Dennab
    December 2012
    2,836 Posts
    I like (read: hate) how if you disconnect from an incredibly laggy match, you still get a penalty
    Nintendo once again proves how they are incapable of making a proper online experience.

Yes, I am fucking mad alright.
    I got in a match where every input I did took like 2 seconds to register I hate the p2p system they should've made dedicated servers for Smash
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #38736
    June 2014
    990 Posts
    I get nothing but errors when going online. I join a match and its all good unless its 1 on 1, then we all hit okay and boom error. Fuck, Nintendo get it right.

Also I get really ticked off that Little Mac's wireframe costume is just textured on. Did they think we'd lose him in midst of battle or something?   

I just got R.O.B too! Niiccceeee.

17. Post #38737
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,464 Posts
    I got in a match where everything input I did took like 2 seconds to register I hate the p2p system they should've made dedicated servers for Smash
    I hate how we're punished because people with ass internet are trying to play.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

18. Post #38738
    I just can't get used to how the 3ds feels. As much as I'm enjoying a new Smash, I feel I should've waited for the Wii U version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 16Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #38739
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,282 Posts
    Fast way to unlock custom moves/cloths?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #38740
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    960 Posts

Great, now this is gonna bug me forever
    Wanna know how to make it worse? Turn around while dashing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

21. Post #38741
    May 2014
    228 Posts
    ^this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

22. Post #38742
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,973 Posts
    Everyone I know keep complaining about the 3DS circle pad, but I really don't mind it. I can play the game just fine, even against the hardest of AI.
    Considering how this is the first Smash game that I have personally owned, I'd say that's worth something.

No idea why people keep saying how this will be "better on Wii U". Adapt. Feel the circle pad. Be the circle pad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

23. Post #38743
    Gold Member
    December 2010
    2,733 Posts
    oh man, ganondorf. it's everything i've ever wanted in a character.

that uptilt tho

that guaranteed side b into down tilt combo

that necessary patience

that POWER
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

24. Post #38744
    Murr purr and stuff!
    November 2007
    24,342 Posts
    Ganondorf has been my main since melee, really glad he's actually good now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #38745
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,984 Posts
    oh man, ganondorf. it's everything i've ever wanted in a character.

that uptilt tho

that guaranteed side b into down tilt combo

that necessary patience

that POWER
    I've always liked playing Ganon (even when he was terrible in Brawl) because unless you're Bowser or made of metal, it's only going to take like 5 solid hits for him to KO you.

A good Ganondorf player won't care if he can get those hits in right away or not. He'll patiently wait for any and all openings he can find, and punish each of them harshly.

26. Post #38746
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,341 Posts
    take sonic w/ maximum speed equipment into smash run and get all of the gear bags

or if that's too slow for you,

9 intensity classic runs, and home-buffer the roulette frames to get gear x 3+ if possible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #38747
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    960 Posts
    Classic mode, during the roulette, press home, look at the bottom bottom screen while it freezes before loading home, if a red item (custom item) is coming up next press A to resume the game and continue holding A. If not just keep homing in and out until a red is next. Smash Run is also an option.

Also I'm using Rosalina & Luma to replace the void of the IC's. It took me a bit to get use to not ICs, but they still have the annoying factor I love . And I've been thinking about maining Lil Mac, and hot damn, he turned out to be a lovely as I expected, I don't do many attacks in the air so he turned out to be perfect for me.

Also Palutena vs. any Cpu with counters, just don't do it. aside from neutral b, you won't get a single attack in other wise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

28. Post #38748
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,574 Posts
    I've run my 3DS dead twice so far. Does the game use extra power?

29. Post #38749
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,984 Posts
    I've run my 3DS dead twice so far. Does the game use extra power?
    It runs in exclusive priority mode (which allots 100% of CPU and 100% of RAM at all times)

This is why the system has to reboot after closing it, and why it takes a while to open.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

30. Post #38750
    June 2013
    452 Posts
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before (I kinda skipped 650 posts because I've been playing the game), but literally almost every newcomer as the same down B, the counter. Why? Is it that hard to think of moves?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

31. Post #38751
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,984 Posts
    I'm sure this has been mentioned before (I kinda skipped 650 posts because I've been playing the game), but literally almost every newcomer as the same down B, the counter. Why? Is it that hard to think of moves?
    Obviously not, since they thought of a grand total of 12 for each Mii fighter, and several totally different alts for the other characters.

In cases like Shulk's, the counter makes perfect sense, since an entire mechanic of his home game is "There is a thing that will happen, prevent it happening!"

32. Post #38752
    June 2014
    990 Posts
    Obviously not, since they thought of a grand total of 12 for each Mii fighter, and several totally different alts for the other characters.

In cases like Shulk's, the counter makes perfect sense, since an entire mechanic of his home game is "There is a thing that will happen, prevent it happening!"
    And Little Mac is a boxer, boxers block punches or in this case swords and bombs.

33. Post #38753
    July 2009
    1,881 Posts
    "Have you ever made a game?" - Masahiro Sakurai, 2014

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #38754
    May 2011
    1,464 Posts
    Urgh even though I added people on here I don't really want to join their online games randomly, it just seems rude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #38755
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,042 Posts
    Classic mode, during the roulette, press home, look at the bottom bottom screen while it freezes before loading home, if a red item (custom item) is coming up next press A to resume the game and continue holding A. If not just keep homing in and out until a red is next.
    But that's cheating!
    I like it.
    Shulk might take the cake, actually.
    1: Take bat, switch to buster, beat up Sandbag
    2: Switch to Smash and hit the bag
    I just managed to pull this off. Got the bat, switched to purple, did a forward smash with the bat. Smashed it backwards with the bat, then smashed it one more time forward. Quickly switched to red, then smashed it forward again.
    I got it to 3549.5 feet. It's really tricky to pull off. If you smash it with the bat forward 3 times with purple, it'll break out on the last one, but if you hit it backwards for the second one, it doesn't. Weird.
    It took me like 20 tries though.

36. Post #38756
    Anyone realised how shit the online mode is? Pretty much the last 10 random games I played online were laggy as hell and I have 152Mbit/s internet

Have been temporarily disabled from playing online mode twice now because I just can't deal with the lag on most of these matches
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #38757
    December 2012
    555 Posts
    Just got this today.

Abso-fucking-lutely love it. But Jesus, Mary and Joseph on a ritz cracker is it painful for me to play with my huge hands :(
    That is why i am holding out for the Wii U version. I am afraid that i will crack my 3DS in two when i try to play as Diddy Kong. Also, it would feel more natural playing on the big screen with my brothers.

38. Post #38758
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    4,477 Posts
    Anyone realised how shit the online mode is? Pretty much the last 10 random games I played online were laggy as hell and I have 152Mbit/s internet

Have been temporarily disabled from playing online mode twice now because I just can't deal with the lag on most of these matches
    I can't even join my friends game. Hosting doesn't work either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

39. Post #38759
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    4,538 Posts
    On XL, it sometimes doesn't recognize inputs.

Like, I try to side smash, only for a side A instead, same with down smash, mostly it becomes a down a.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #38760
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    3,689 Posts
    Anyone have that Raiden Mii handy? I can't seem to be able to find it.
    It's in my pile of Mii codes

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)