1. Post #20521
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,867 Posts
    Guys this isn't Metroid General Chat : How Big is Ridley's Dick edition, this is about smash
    They are talking about smash?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

2. Post #20522
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,471 Posts
    who I really want to be revealed soon:

BOB
    Smacks down prices!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 13Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #20523
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,989 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 53Winner Winner x 2 (list)

4. Post #20524
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,397 Posts
    would be funnier if it failed to ignite cos of how wet it was
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

5. Post #20525
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,238 Posts
    "I can only use it so many times-" Robin confirmed to cycle masturbatory material.

"-Which is why I carry my Levin Sword" Robin confirmed to also carry vibrator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #20526
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,989 Posts
    "-Which is why I carry my Levin Sword" Robin confirmed to also carry vibrator.
    That'd be awfully uhh... Jagged, don't you think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #20527
    Dennab
    February 2010
    6,792 Posts
    That'd be awfully uhh... Jagged, don't you think?
    You just haven't tried hard enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #20528
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,876 Posts
    I've started to dislike weekends because it means we don't get any pics. I'm not going to have the strength to pull myself out of bed once the games come out and I have no updates to look at in the morning. (Aside from playing the actual game, of course, but once I go back to school that won't always be an option.)

Edit: Was there a comic about Samus and Kirby a bit earlier on the page, or am I going crazy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #20529
    that guy that wants to fuck the robot the most
    August 2009
    9,102 Posts

you guys pushed it too far
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 52Winner Winner x 6 (list)

10. Post #20530
    January 2012
    967 Posts

And the game will be renamed Budokai Tenkaichi for the WiU/3DS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

11. Post #20531
    Pyrosexual Member (I vigorously masturbate to flames)
    March 2011
    13,908 Posts

Goku's kamehameha is too big I don't think that will be in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #20532
    July 2009
    1,176 Posts
    I want Ridley in this game about as much as I want Goku in it.

Which is about the same amount as Yamcha's power level.

Edited:

OH SHIT YAMCHA IS SMALL ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE TO LIKE

YAMCHA CONFIRMED

13. Post #20533
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,951 Posts

thesoupyone:
    I asked my 6 year old sister to name the Smash Bros characters confirmed so farů
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 43 (list)

14. Post #20534
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,989 Posts
    Pakistan!?

Edited:

All things considered, they got more right (or close) than I'd have expected.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #20535
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,471 Posts
    you might be "Fast," Sonic...but you'll never be "Number 1."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

16. Post #20536
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    14,804 Posts
    "princess angel"

Pit confirmed for prettiest princess in SSB. And Little Mac 2 stronk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

17. Post #20537
    Ghost Peach.

Bahahaha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #20538
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,041 Posts
    I think we're all forgetting who REALLY deserves a chance.

Or at the very least, as a Falcon alt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 2 (list)

19. Post #20539
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,695 Posts
    In light of the recent Ridley size debate, I think I should post the latest leak from photoshop my dad who works at niontenco.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20540
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    956 Posts

...ok fine that made me laugh. Still wish the Goku jokes would die, but credit where credit is due, that was funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #20541
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    10,631 Posts
    ...ok fine that made me laugh. Still wish the Goku jokes would die, but credit where credit is due, that was funny.
    Goku never really dies, why should the Goku jokes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #20542
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,953 Posts
    no he's fucking dead i have proof

see

besides i know what shonen jump character should really be in smash

BOBOBO-BO BO-BOBO

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #20543
    BOBOBO-BO BO-BOBO

Dude I know he's already in that Japanese All-Stars game or whatever but having Bobobo or anything Bobobo character in Smash would fucking make me cry tears of happiness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

24. Post #20544
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,953 Posts
    Dude I know he's already in that Japanese All-Stars game or whatever but having Bobobo or anything Bobobo character in Smash would fucking make me cry tears of happiness.
    I would love to have J-Stars Victory VS. localized in North America and Europe.

but fuck copyright laws tho cuz i want my "Kenshiro fucking decimates Sasuke Uchiha's entire being" simulator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

25. Post #20545
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,239 Posts
    who I really want to be revealed soon:

Mitch
    Nobody beats Mitch!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #20546
    Waluigi Time!
    July 2011
    5,525 Posts

Pic of the day. Robin's Nosferatu is the first ability in the Smash Bros. series that recovers your damage as it gives damage to others. The attack becomes even stronger if you strike from behind! Robin doesn't actually use this ability in the original game, but we added that element to make the character unique. Who knows--the ideas we use in this game may contribute to the original series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #20547
    Dark Pit joke

Also:

Robin's Nosferatu is the first ability in the Smash Bros. series that recovers your damage as it gives damage to others.
    YESSS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #20548
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,238 Posts
    This is how Dark Pit was born.

29. Post #20549
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    956 Posts
    I wonder how punishable that move is, considering the reward if you pull it off

Because you either die a hero, or live long enough to become Dragonball GT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

30. Post #20550
    December 2013
    62 Posts
    I hope they are saving some new magic abilities like that for Ganondorf's NEW moveset. : D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #20551
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,989 Posts
    I wonder how punishable that move is, considering the reward if you pull it off
    I'm guessing it works on Pokemon-esque mechanics of "you regain X portion of damage dealt as health", and won't actually steal the health outright.

Deal 18% and get ~5% as a health bonus. Could be higher or lower, but you get the idea. Probably nothing too outrageous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

32. Post #20552
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    5,536 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

33. Post #20553
    Gold Member

May 2011
    1,916 Posts
    I'm guessing it works on Pokemon-esque mechanics of "you regain X portion of damage dealt as health", and won't actually steal the health outright.

Deal 18% and get ~5% as a health bonus. Could be higher or lower, but you get the idea. Probably nothing too outrageous.
    That doesn't sound like something that's Pokemon specific, that just sounds like how lifesteal generally works in most games that use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

34. Post #20554
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,989 Posts
    Odd, the other games I've played which had leech spells had relatively weak ones that transferred health 1:1, with later iterations of it just increasing the numbers.

Pokemon was the first series I can remember that had drain percentage, and I've only rarely seen it elsewhere since.

Edited:

Chrono Trigger comes immediately to mind as an example that has 1:1 health drain, though only enemies can do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

35. Post #20555
    July 2009
    1,176 Posts
    Honestly, I can see Sakurai's reasoning for not wanting to have the Subspace Emissary return. He wasn't unreasonable in saying that the people who uploaded videos of the cutscenes sort of ruined the experience for everyone else The thing that made Subspace so cool was the fact that even though the Smash Universe is full of characters from across all planes of gaming existence, Subspace was the interaction of all of these diverse characters. It's hard to grasp how awesome of an experience it was seeing my favorite side-character ever, Meta Knight, interact with the two swordsmen from Fire Emblem, Ike and Marth. They went off on some ass-kicking tangent together and brought down Galleon afterwards and it was purely amazing. Sure, Smash is already great for bringing all of these characters together in a unique manner, but Subspace made them interact and acknowledge each other as more than fighters and that was SO fantastic to me and made the game feel that much more unique. (I also enjoyed the fact that all of them were mute and said nothing, that way there was no way to fuck up voice acting which had the potential to ruin the entire thing).

I would enjoy seeing some story back, especially with Pac-man, Megaman, Mario AND Sonic all being in the same game. There's a lot of room for REALLY awesome shit to happen with four of the biggest legends in gaming history sitting around in the same game.

Even if it's not long, some sort of story mode would be absolutely terrific. I remain hopeful, but even if there's nothing like that, at this point this game nearly cannot disappoint me. Only Goku or some completely fucking ridiculous other character could.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

36. Post #20556
    Gold Member

May 2011
    1,916 Posts
    Odd, the other games I've played which had leech spells had relatively weak ones that transferred health 1:1, with later iterations of it just increasing the numbers.

Pokemon was the first series I can remember that had drain percentage, and I've only rarely seen it elsewhere since.

Edited:

Chrono Trigger comes immediately to mind as an example that has 1:1 health drain, though only enemies can do it.
    The places where I see lifesteal mechanics most are Diablo style Action RPGs and MOBAs, and both of those implement lifesteal as a percentage of your damage, i.e. if you have 20% lifesteal, 20% of your damage will return to you as health.

To bring it back on topic, lifesteal's honestly an odd mechanic to have in Smash, I can see Robin becoming a little OP in 1v1s with no one to properly interrupt Nosferatu before he/she lifesteals a bunch of damage away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #20557
    #lmao #owned
    January 2009
    5,280 Posts
    i enjoyed subspace emissary but given the choice between another equivalent and extra effort/content throughout the rest of the game, i'd choose the latter.
    another long-ish singleplayer mode would be fun in the short term, but extra items/characters/stages/etc would give the game more playability for the long term.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

38. Post #20558
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    24,003 Posts
    The ending part of Subspace Emissary was so lazy and boring to play through
    The Maze thing like ugh, the only interesting thing was fighting the Shadow clones cus they were pretty damn difficult
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

39. Post #20559
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,951 Posts
    i enjoyed subspace emissary but given the choice between another equivalent and extra effort/content throughout the rest of the game, i'd choose the latter.
    another long-ish singleplayer mode would be fun in the short term, but extra items/characters/stages/etc would give the game more playability for the long term.
    I'd prefer there weren't so many items honestly, there are so many that you would just never want to use and it's annoying that almost any item can spawn in multi man brawl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

40. Post #20560
    Black Box Lover and Enthusiast
    August 2007
    10,631 Posts
    I disliked how... creepy they made Wario in the SSE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)