1. Post #3361
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,875 Posts
    Yep, the WiiU version definitely has a City Folk stage

The 3DS version better have a New Leaf one
    I think we can see both a New Leaf-styled AC stage and a City Folk-styled AC stage in the trailer, both on the Wii U. I'm going to guess that it's just one stage that swaps between the two backgrounds, like Mushroomy Kingdom, only less dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #3362
    June 2013
    2,340 Posts
    The only problem I had with brawl is that the graphics style was horribly dark and depressing, very non nintendo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3363
    Dennab
    February 2010
    6,792 Posts
    The only problem I had with brawl is that the graphics style was horribly dark and depressing, very non nintendo.
    4 is looking to be much more colorful, like Bowser.

Come to think about it, Bowser is probably the best example of what they're changing- he's standing upright, running around like a human instead of grinding along the ground, and is overall much more colorful than his Brawl or even Melee rendition.

Really excited what else they'll do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

4. Post #3364
    June 2008
    1,062 Posts
    So the "no story, no cutscenes" story is all bullshit? I hope so!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #3365
    Best Woofie On Facepunch!
    July 2007
    9,529 Posts
    So the "no story, no cutscenes" story is all bullshit? I hope so!
    It was, Gawker's source didn't exist to begin with, and was actually a slightly modified post-E3 interview with a French Magizine where they changed a few things. The real source said that all cutscenes would be unlocked at the beginning and story mode would be radically different from Brawl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

6. Post #3366
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,158 Posts
    You know, I find it kinda odd how the skin on Bowser's head is green, while the skin of the rest of his body below the collar is yellow. It's like he had some kind of head/body transplant that involves the collar connecting both the head and body and ended up with a yellow body. I certainly don't mind it, but it doesn't make that much sense.

Yeah, I know Bowser had the same design in the past games he has been and I could have posted it in the Wii U thread, but I just felt like mentioning this because I feel there should be a discussion about it, and the Super Smash Bros thread is usually pretty slow these days, so what the hell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

7. Post #3367
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,734 Posts
    If the entirety of his head was yellow he would have a fucking boring design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

8. Post #3368
    Waluigi Time!
    July 2011
    5,525 Posts
    It's like he had some kind of head/body transplant that involves the collar connecting both the head and body and ended up with a yellow body.
    Well he did have one in Luigis Mansion

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

9. Post #3369
    July 2007
    9,529 Posts
    Well he did have one in Luigis Mansion

Well that was a fake Bowser if I remember correctly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #3370
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    17,061 Posts
    In the original SMB sprite, Bowser's torso was green, presumably because making it the same color as his arms and legs would turn them into a blob of yellow that's impossible to distinguish details in.

His entire head is green as well, other than around his mouth and snout; it's just that most of it is covered by his red hair most of the time. So he's a green turtle-like creature with yellow limbs, lower face, and now his torso is as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #3371
    Dennab
    February 2007
    12,255 Posts
    I'd personally guess he's designed to look like a combination of a turte, an alligator, and a dragon.
    Because he's got the shell of a turtle, the body color and snout of an alligator, and breathes fire like a dragon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

12. Post #3372
    October 2009
    980 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Late Late x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #3373
    Dennab
    February 2007
    12,255 Posts
    I sort of want more information rather than just silly pictures. Either new characters, or new items and stages, or even just more detailed information about the abilities of the already announced characters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

14. Post #3374
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    7,760 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #3375
    June 2010
    220 Posts
    Zoom out to see Wii Fit Trainer in downward facing dog.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #3376
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,875 Posts
    I sort of want more information rather than just silly pictures. Either new characters, or new items and stages, or even just more detailed information about the abilities of the already announced characters.
    Agreed. Sakurai should at least show off some of the stuff we never got a good look at, like with Yellow Devil a few weeks ago. Although I think he's just stalling for time until the game gets closer to release so he can open the real Dojo (I hope).

17. Post #3377
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,374 Posts
    -snip- nevermind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

18. Post #3378
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    13,901 Posts
    Agreed. Sakurai should at least show off some of the stuff we never got a good look at, like with Yellow Devil a few weeks ago. Although I think he's just stalling for time until the game gets closer to release so he can open the real Dojo (I hope).
    Maybe a lot of stuff hasn't been finalised yet and he doesn't want to give people a false impression of the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #3379
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,808 Posts
    he's standing upright, running around like a human instead of grinding along the ground
    Wait, there's no more Bowsermobile?

Aw. I found that really fun to watch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3380
    July 2007
    9,529 Posts
    From Miiverse by a post by Sakurai:

The “pic of the day” originally started as a fun internal update for the people developing the game - we would put up a daily shot on our own corporate website. We soon decided that we wanted to share the fun with the general public, so that’s where we are today. Please keep in mind, though, that this is just meant to be a little bonus feature - we'll continue to release other information about the game on the website.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #3381
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,297 Posts
    From Miiverse by a post by Sakurai:

Could this mean the Dojo could be coming back?

Oh also I predict a character reveal/something big on the 2nd-
    The 3rd, the following day, is Sakurai's birthday. Last year when it fell on a weekday he teased the SSE.
    The "Challenger Approaching" button has been gone for a couple weeks, and the last reveal came on a Friday.

My fingers are crossed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #3382
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,875 Posts
    Could this mean the Dojo could be coming back?

Oh also I predict a character reveal/something big on the 2nd-
    The 3rd, the following day, is Sakurai's birthday. Last year when it fell on a weekday he teased the SSE.
    The "Challenger Approaching" button has been gone for a couple weeks, and the last reveal came on a Friday.

My fingers are crossed
    I would love Sakurai forever if he gave us a present on his birthday. Although I'm still putting my money on a reveal on the 11th/12th, because the trailer was on June 11th and Olimar was confirmed on July 12th. August 11th is a Sunday, so the 12th seems probable.

23. Post #3383
    I would love Sakurai forever if he gave us a present on his birthday. Although I'm still putting my money on a reveal on the 11th/12th, because the trailer was on June 11th and Olimar was confirmed on July 12th. August 11th is a Sunday, so the 12th seems probable.
    Waluigi and Reggie confirmed.

Make it happen, Sakurai
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

24. Post #3384
    February 2010
    534 Posts
    -Snip I am late as hell.-

25. Post #3385
    July 2007
    9,529 Posts

Looks like the another Kid Icarus Uprising Stage,    from inside Hades, but the Miiverse description mention Cragalanche, so it is possible it is part of that previous Kid Icarus Stage, after the bomb   .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #3386
    Dennab
    March 2012
    2,075 Posts
    I hope he announces his new born child the reggie as a playable character. I really do wanna see reggie in this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

27. Post #3387
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    6,347 Posts
    The birth of Donkey Kong
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #3388
    September 2012
    829 Posts
    The birth of Donkey Kong
    Oh so thats what it is!

Thought it was some wierd metroid lookalike thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #3389
    July 2007
    9,529 Posts
    The birth of Donkey Kong
    That was 7/31 image, for some reason they haven't put today's image on the Smash site yet. I posted it above.

For those 'doubters':

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #3390
    March 2009
    1,476 Posts
    anybody up? 0430-9672-4314

31. Post #3391
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    6,297 Posts
    Well, I was wrong. At least there's always next week

32. Post #3392
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,875 Posts
    I'm not even seeing a new picture. All I'm seeing is the Animal Crossing City Folk stage from a couple days ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

33. Post #3393
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    9,371 Posts
    Try refreshing your cache (Ctrl + F5).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

34. Post #3394
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,875 Posts
    Try refreshing your cache (Ctrl + F5).
    That method didn't work, but that laptop's awful anyway. It worked on my good computer. Thanks, though!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

35. Post #3395
    July 2007
    9,529 Posts
    That method didn't work, but that laptop's awful anyway. It worked on my good computer. Thanks, though!
    Here is today's image reuploaded.

36. Post #3396
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    4,780 Posts
    if waluigi is in, he better be able to throw bombombs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #3397
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,875 Posts
    You know, it just occurred to me:

I need all of these as posters, right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

38. Post #3398
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    5,471 Posts
    if waluigi is in, he better be able to throw bombombs
    And baseballs, and tennisballs, and volleyballs, and footballs, and basketballs, and pretty much himself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

39. Post #3399
    Waluigi Time!
    July 2011
    5,525 Posts
    And baseballs, and tennisballs, and volleyballs, and footballs, and basketballs, and pretty much himself
    And having this as his final smash

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

40. Post #3400
    May 2011
    907 Posts
    Super Smash Bros Brawl made a 9 year old call me a subhuman. Great game but brings the worst out of people C:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)