1. Post #10521
    Gold Member

December 2011
    2,028 Posts
    Hey guys, the New Vegas first-person awareness mod got hidden while the author fixes bugs.
    Can anyone reupload it for me real quick?
    http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...89185353319357 there you go.

showracemenu

type that into console, as for the racial perks, idk you'll have to add those into your game using the player.addperk

id suggest using a batch file with all your race perks loaded in, then all you do is type like
    run.[filename] and it'll pull it up from the fallout directory

Yeah, seems like that is the only way. thnx.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #10522
    Gold Member
    January 2013
    1,903 Posts
    Does anyone have a link to the mod who makes the NCR have more gear and stuff?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

3. Post #10523
    March 2011
    3,620 Posts
    The force of the impact.
    The bomb hadn't been dropped - the plane carrying it crashed. It also provided the scrap metal and jet engines by which Megaton had been built.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #10524
    March 2007
    399 Posts
    The bomb hadn't been dropped - the plane carrying it crashed. It also provided the scrap metal and jet engines by which Megaton had been built.
    From what I remember that wasn't the case, the bomb was dropped and made the crater and the air scrap was retrieved from a nearby airfield.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

5. Post #10525
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    7,786 Posts
    That at least makes more sense than "the force of the impact" because there's no way an object traveling at terminal velocity would make a crater that large and remain wholly intact too. Maybe if they had fired the thing out of a mass driver and the shell was made of some ridiculously tough or nigh-indestructible material, then yeah, but as it stands I don't think that's the case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #10526
    Gold Member

December 2011
    2,028 Posts
    Does anyone have a link to the mod who makes the NCR have more gear and stuff?
    http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/52721/? Thinking of this one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #10527
    Gold Member
    January 2013
    1,903 Posts
    Yeah that one, thanks. Should I download all of the files?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

8. Post #10528
    Killed postal with a fart once.
    December 2007
    16,587 Posts

Edited:

New Vegas can be a very pretty game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #10529
    Gold Member

December 2011
    2,028 Posts
    Yeah that one, thanks. Should I download all of the files?
    download the main file 7.2 and if you don't use any male body re-placers you should also download the vanilla body patch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

10. Post #10530
    Dennab
    October 2012
    4,773 Posts
    That at least makes more sense than "the force of the impact" because there's no way an object traveling at terminal velocity would make a crater that large and remain wholly intact too. Maybe if they had fired the thing out of a mass driver and the shell was made of some ridiculously tough or nigh-indestructible material, then yeah, but as it stands I don't think that's the case.
    Ok let's add that to the list of things in Fallout 3 that don't make sense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #10531
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    7,786 Posts
    Ok let's add that to the list of things in Fallout 3 that don't make sense.
    Yes, I get that, we don't need to bring it up for the four-fucking-millionth time. What annoys me is how you guys complain about things not making sense, then back up an explanation for something that makes just as little sense when you give even cursory thought to it, and I get dumb'd for asking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #10532
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    5,143 Posts
    Yes, I get that, we don't need to bring it up for the four-fucking-millionth time. What annoys me is how you guys complain about things not making sense, then back up an explanation for something that makes just as little sense when you give even cursory thought to it, and I get dumb'd for asking.
    It's usually the same three fucking people too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #10533
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    16,144 Posts
    Regardless of all ENBs annoying issues, I was legit very impressed by the fact that boris actually got bounce lighting/global illumination into gamebryo, I had never noticed the effect before.

There had better be some modern graphical features in the next creation/gamebryo

Mind you I guess I'm referring to the game engine that couldn't even cast sunlight shadows until 2011
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #10534
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    22,303 Posts
    gamebryo:coded for 1990's hardware for 2010's games

this is what you get sometimes when a company takes it upon themselves to build their own graphics/game engine, not every company can make their own source or WoW engine, and remember source had its own growing pains, its just valve kept with it until it was right unlike bathesda who just scrapped it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #10535
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,886 Posts
    Regardless of all ENBs annoying issues, I was legit very impressed by the fact that boris actually got bounce lighting/global illumination into gamebryo, I had never noticed the effect before.

There had better be some modern graphical features in the next creation/gamebryo

Mind you I guess I'm referring to the game engine that couldn't even cast sunlight shadows until 2011
    Due to developer incompetence, not the engine.

I don't hate on the creation engine/gamebryo as much as the people who created/maintained it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #10536
    January 2014
    45 Posts
    Has anyone ever done a hunting character? As in hunt creatures, sell the meat (or cook it) and make caps for every kill. I ended up getting about 3,000 caps on the last hunt I did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #10537
    March 2011
    3,620 Posts
    In Fallout 3, a hunting character is redundant. All characters are hunting characters.

Once you get done with exploring downtown D.C., head out into the hills, not to hunt mind you, but merely to look for those satellite dishes and abandoned garages and such.

It doesn't really matter what you set out to do anyway, because you're going to be hunting. At least, that's what I like to call backpedaling as you pump bullet after bullet into the seven albino radscorpions that materialized as you stepped onto the edge of a new cell.

Want to go find your dad in some garage across the map? For the price of 56 bullets you can get 4 whole poison glands. Want to go sneak kill some deathclaws in an Enclave-controlled cave? Don't forget to kill a dozen radscorpions on the way. Heading into a town devastated by fire-breathing ants? Enjoy your radscorpions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #10538
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    14,916 Posts
    let's do the math

the fat man atomic bomb (which I'll assume the megaton bomb is the same as, but it could very well be larger or different) weights 10,300 pounds. This is 4,672 kilograms. I'll also, for purposes, use the altitude the Bockscar (plane that dropped Fat Man on Nagasaki) flew at - 30,000 odd feet; 9,100 meters. Because it's near midnight and I don't want to, I'll use the terminal velocity of the little boy bomb; it'll be roughly similar anyway (I will do the math tomorrow I promise). This terminal velocity at 600 meters - the detonation height of the bomb, and close enough to the surface - is 518.16m/s.

A 4,672kg bomb moving 518.16m/s has 2,420,844 (rounded up) N/s momentum.

This is equivalent to a 2009 Prius moving at 1838 m/s. That is 4,112 mph. I'll let you decide if that would make a giant ass crater or not.

and remember - this is assuming the bomb isn't heavier or larger (this affects terminal velocity a lot, the latter moreso) than the Fat Man, or dropped from any higher (this most likely wouldn't affect the speed as it'll hit terminal velocity)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

19. Post #10539
    December 2007
    16,587 Posts
    While that Prius may cause a crater that big, I doubt there'd be much of a Pruis left.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

20. Post #10540
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    14,916 Posts
    While that Prius may cause a crater that big, I doubt there'd be much of a Pruis left.
    I just wanted to use an object of reference... first thing that came to mind :V

21. Post #10541
    December 2007
    16,587 Posts
    I just wanted to use an object of reference... first thing that came to mind :V
    But the same goes for the bomb.
    That's fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #10542
    Dennab
    October 2012
    4,773 Posts
    What I was trying to say was that yes, Fallout 3 has a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense, it's not that big of a deal and we should stop bringing it up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #10543
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,526 Posts
    That's fast.
    Just look at all the WW1/2 ordinance they still uncover every day, it can and does happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #10544
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    22,303 Posts
    ya but you only uncover the undetonated nuclear warheads in Siberia and nevada

25. Post #10545
    ( Y )ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)
    March 2005
    15,934 Posts
    http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54831/?

I like how the pipboy icon looks like as much of a mutated abomination as the meme has become.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 12Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #10546
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,776 Posts
    Has anyone ever done a hunting character? As in hunt creatures, sell the meat (or cook it) and make caps for every kill. I ended up getting about 3,000 caps on the last hunt I did.
    But how much of that is just recouping the fuckhueg ammo costs you'll end up spending on all the bulletsponge enemies in the wilderness?
    In Fallout 3, a hunting character is redundant. All characters are hunting characters.
    I think he meant a character that brings in their money and literally pays their bills by hunting wildlife. I doubt every character is a hunting character in that respect, most of us just shoot the bears and radscorps because they're in the way.

Once you get done with exploring downtown D.C., head out into the hills, not to hunt mind you, but merely to look for those satellite dishes and abandoned garages and such.

It doesn't really matter what you set out to do anyway, because you're going to be hunting. At least, that's what I like to call backpedaling as you pump bullet after bullet into the seven albino radscorpions that materialized as you stepped onto the edge of a new cell.

Want to go find your dad in some garage across the map? For the price of 56 bullets you can get 4 whole poison glands. Want to go sneak kill some deathclaws in an Enclave-controlled cave? Don't forget to kill a dozen radscorpions on the way. Heading into a town devastated by fire-breathing ants? Enjoy your radscorpions.
    Ugh. Bulletsponge enemies. Albino radscorps in particular. There's no challenge to killing them, they drop fuck all, and you need more ammo to drop one of the bastards than you need to drop an entire squad of elite Enclave troops. It's silly.

TTW and Project Nevada help a bit, for the minor cost of ten OC MFCs and a sneak crit you can oneshot 'em. But it's still silly. Shouldn't need an overpowered superweapon to kill a mutated bug.

Edited:

Well no, but to be fair, the Prius sort of disintegrates if you look at it funny.
    That's fast.
    Perhaps the bomb wasn't going terminal velocity when it hit? Fat Man and Little Boy were parachute retarded to avoid blasting the bomber that released them into kingdom come as well, and that would severely limit their top speed. And thus, how hard they hit the ground if they turned out dud. It's theoretically possible that it would survive intact enough if it hit soft enough soil.

Of course there's still the whole crater size to consider, but I have enough trouble calculating fuel mileage so those equations are best left to someone else. Heh.

27. Post #10547
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    14,916 Posts
    Perhaps the bomb wasn't going terminal velocity when it hit? Fat Man and Little Boy were parachute retarded to avoid blasting the bomber that released them into kingdom come as well, and that would severely limit their top speed. And thus, how hard they hit the ground if they turned out dud. It's theoretically possible that it would survive intact enough if it hit soft enough soil.

Of course there's still the whole crater size to consider, but I have enough trouble calculating fuel mileage so those equations are best left to someone else. Heh.
    I won't say I know that the bomb would make a large crater, but I would say that it's entirely possible both the parachute failed and the bomb was a dud. I'd also say the bombers might be capable of going faster than WWII ones. But to be honest, there's no way that bomb would survive hitting that fast intact.

ya but you only uncover the undetonated nuclear warheads in Siberia and nevada
    this is also because nukes have been dropped once and once only

28. Post #10548
    ( Y )ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)
    March 2005
    15,934 Posts
    Anyone recall what command or setting I have to change to slow down the passage of time? It's rather annoying how fast day turns to night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

29. Post #10549
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,781 Posts
    Anyone recall what command or setting I have to change to slow down the passage of time? It's rather annoying how fast day turns to night.
    Search up timescale mods on the nexus. I think you can change it in the .ini but I can't recall the command right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #10550
    December 2007
    16,587 Posts
    Hey guys, what if a bomb had hit that spot prior and another one happened to fall into the crater? Or what if that was a cave or something with a thin roof? Etc!

Edited:

From the wiki:
    set timescale to <scale> - sets the timescale, the ratio determining how fast game time moves relative to real time; the default setting is 30. For example, setting the timescale to 1 would cause one second to pass in game time for every second in real time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #10551
    Deviantart Appreciation Station's Finest
    Dennab
    April 2009
    21,969 Posts
    Any good mods of recent time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

32. Post #10552
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    14,781 Posts
    no
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #10553
    January 2014
    45 Posts
    But how much of that is just recouping the fuckhueg ammo costs you'll end up spending on all the bulletsponge enemies in the wilderness?
    I tend to use 10mm and or .308 weapons, I don't have to spend much. Maybe about 1200 caps on gear, everything else I just find in the Mojave.

34. Post #10554
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,601 Posts
    Is Project Brazil worth playing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Belgium Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #10555
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    8,750 Posts
    Is Project Brazil worth playing?
    Do you like 80s high school films?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

36. Post #10556
    March 2011
    3,620 Posts
    Son, I've heard about Megaton. It was you, wasn't it? I'm very disappointed in you.

What about you?

I've brought you into this world, you know the rest.

NO DAD, WHAT ABOUT YOU?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 8Winner Winner x 2 (list)

37. Post #10557
    Spends his cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention
    January 2012
    10,017 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #10558
    ( Y )ԅ(≖‿≖ԅ)
    March 2005
    15,934 Posts
    My current character; Ivan Zapinov, primarily an energy weapons user. Probably should've spent more time on the face to make him look more like a mad, roughened Slav.

Also, a couple of older pictures of one time when Boone's hands bugged out.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

39. Post #10559
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    8,750 Posts
    Also, a couple of older pictures of one time when Boone's hands bugged out.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #10560
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    10,490 Posts
    Hey guys, I don't mean to barge in here, but I've been making an armory mod for New Vegas (will later on include items, armor, food, etc); and I been wondering, does anyone have any weapon ideas?

I can't promise I can do any of them. I'm actually really shitty at modelling and so most of my work is just hack-job model editing of existing content. (But I promise it looks decent)