1. Post #9361
    Dennab
    July 2007
    43,766 Posts
    Places nearby sell some duo core notebooks for about $400, which is a lot less than it seems when it comes to AUD. I'm just wondering if a tablet is worth it because for what I use my phone for (internet and steam mobile) it just seems like a big screened phone to me. A laptop for me would be just so I am not glued to the desk in my front room if I want to browse the web/talk to people on steam/play a couple games. Its seemong like a luxury at the moment, if Im getting a laptop just for simple stuff is it worth getting a good laptop when i have a good computer?
    If you already have a good desktop for gaming and stuff, I'd tend to recommend a cheap notebook for basic on-the-go things over a tablet if you already have a phone.

Tablets have the advantage of better battery life and a near instant boot though. Plus they make better e-readers than either a laptop or a phone, if you're into that. If you have a lot of digital textbooks a tablet might be your best bet. Something like the 2013 Nexus 7 is cheaper than basically any notebook.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

2. Post #9362
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,892 Posts
    Welp my right earphone died.
    And the new pair aren't coming until thursday.

It's gonna drive me mad hearing only in my left tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #9363
    December 2006
    1,016 Posts
    Lets change the subject to music. Deadmau5 is okay sometimes in my book.

https://soundcloud.com/fuckmylife/suckfest9001
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #9364
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    Welp my right earphone died.
    And the new pair aren't coming until thursday.

It's gonna drive me mad hearing only in my left tomorrow.
    Simple solution, just cut the earbud in half!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #9365
    rrerr.rar
    March 2012
    818 Posts
    Lets change the subject to music. Deadmau5 is okay sometimes in my book.

https://soundcloud.com/fuckmylife/suckfest9001
    ur a dum dum weasle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #9366
    December 2006
    1,016 Posts
    ur a dum dum weasle
    your just mad cuz i'm not into your punkity rock and roll hop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

7. Post #9367
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,892 Posts
    Simple solution, just cut the earbud in half!
    But then I'm hearing my left on my right and then my brain gets all confused!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #9368
    April 2011
    782 Posts
    hi guys...I'm back, I think. It's been a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #9369
    Mwah~<3
    October 2005
    4,183 Posts
    Hello! I've never seen you before...I think. My memory is awful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #9370
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    Hello there! I've never seen you before but welcome back anyways!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #9371
    he's a pretty common dude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #9372
    Resplendent Reenactor
    Dennab
    June 2010
    23,896 Posts
    he's a pretty common dude
    Then I'm blind :x
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #9373
    April 2011
    782 Posts
    Hello! I've never seen you before...I think. My memory is awful.
    Hello there! I've never seen you before but welcome back anyways!
    If it doesn't sound creepy I've definitely seen both of you many, many times before, but not recently. I haven't been on Facepunch as a whole in a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

14. Post #9374
    Deviantart Appreciation Station's Finest
    Dennab
    April 2009
    21,969 Posts
    Let's welcome this man back with a song!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

15. Post #9375
    Happy goldfish bowl to you, to me, to everyone, and may each of you fry in hell forever.
    Dennab
    November 2012
    1,983 Posts
    I'm going to college in less than 30 days and I think I'm going to have a legit nervous breakdown.

16. Post #9376
    April 2011
    782 Posts
    I'm going to college in less than 30 days and I think I'm going to have a legit nervous breakdown.
    What are you majoring in? You shouldn't break down beforehand...

edit: Don't panic! You'll be fine :3!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

17. Post #9377
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    11,571 Posts
    I didn't even know I was going to college, much less what I was majoring in, until 2 weeks prior.

Just keep your head up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

18. Post #9378
    Happy goldfish bowl to you, to me, to everyone, and may each of you fry in hell forever.
    Dennab
    November 2012
    1,983 Posts

Computer Hardware Engineering
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

19. Post #9379
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    14,916 Posts

OMG SHOSTAKOVICH I HAVEN'T TALKED TO YOU IN FOREVERRRRRRRR

how are you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #9380
    :thinking:
    March 2010
    11,277 Posts
    I just realised I haven't posted in here for ages.

Oh well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8 (list)

21. Post #9381
    Dennab
    July 2007
    43,766 Posts
    Hey you're probably my favourite composer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

22. Post #9382
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,469 Posts
    Oh man, I wondered if you went somewhere! Hi again! :D

Edited:

I feel kinda the same way. I have exactly 3 weeks till I ship off, and I'm going to a city I don't really know very well and I'm scared I'm not going in the right major or I'm not going to find anyone down there I can talk to or anything. It's scary, but I think we all find our ways eventually, but don't worry! At least you're not the only one scared shitless!

23. Post #9383
    I like the zip of Miracle Whip
    January 2010
    5,488 Posts
    I just realised I haven't posted in here for ages.

Oh well
    your avatar happens to be my favorite Disney movie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #9384
    April 2011
    782 Posts
    Hey you're probably my favourite composer
    If I referred to Shostakovich in first person I guess I could say I'm my own favorite composer without being self centered it's a shame he's dead, he could have contributed a lot more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #9385
    August 2010
    5,521 Posts
    Schoss :D. Glad to see you back around!

26. Post #9386
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,359 Posts
    eh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #9387
    Otter Member
    May 2011
    2,465 Posts
    snip

28. Post #9388
    l l
    lmao

December 2011
    9,175 Posts
    -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #9389
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,469 Posts
    -snip-

30. Post #9390
    l l
    lmao

December 2011
    9,175 Posts
    -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #9391
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    6,469 Posts
    No I just joined the bandwagon of snipping I'm also bored

32. Post #9392
    Swaggon owner
    August 2011
    4,467 Posts
    The moment where you find out that a typo is most likely the cause of not getting any of the 62 jobs you have applied for.

I am so fucking annoyed right now, I can't believe I didn't notice it until someone from the education department pointed it out.

Edited:

I broke the snip chain
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #9393
    KING
    of OVER – REACTING
    “No jokes allowed!!!”
    May 2009
    24,119 Posts
    Welp I made a massive mistake again lol.

Basically I bought an in-game store on an online game for about $50,000 imaginary dosh.
    I had an idea where I sell everything a dollar less than the lowest price, and still make a profit because I'm making everything myself.

So for example I'm selling an object at $152, when the materials cost $101. I'm earning a profit of $51

It takes 3 in-game hours of work to create the object.
    In the highest job payers pay $13 per hour, therefore in 3 in-game hours I would earn $39.

That's a $12 difference BUT there's a real-life weekly rent of $1,438 for my shop
    And a real-life monthly tax fee of $25,000 for the land.

As you can see I fucked up royally, but at least I'm giving the public low prices.

Edited:

Now I would have to make more than 20 sales a day on a dying game in order to balance out my weekly rent and monthly taxes.

I would have to then make more than 1000 extra sales in order to pay off the original selling price.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

34. Post #9394
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,359 Posts
    The moment where you find out that a typo is most likely the cause of not getting any of the 62 jobs you have applied for.

I am so fucking annoyed right now, I can't believe I didn't notice it until someone from the education department pointed it out.

Edited:

I broke the snip chain
    If there's one thing my time at college has taught me it's to always re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-read your resume. Then give it to a close family member to check, then re-re-re-re-re-recheck it again.
    And also to read it aloud as often when you read it in your head, you add words you may have missed because you just thought you typed them, this happens often with articles like "a".

35. Post #9395
    December 2006
    1,016 Posts
    My carpet in my room is so gross. All the spilled beverages from the drunk people. All the burn marks from the hookah coals. All the nasty black streaks from the hookah coal ash being smeared everywhere. All the trash and bottle caps.

I used to do situps and pushups in this room last summer and winter. But that was before parties started happening in my room. How much USD is it to rent a carpet bleach cleaning shampooing vacuum cleaner?

Edited:

Now I dont even want to pick up something from the floor without wanting to clean my hands

36. Post #9396
    Resident Maid~

March 2011
    12,243 Posts
    Dont worry, my first day I woke up on 2 hours sleep, realized i had forgot my pens, knives, locker key and kitchenware on the first day and everything still went a-ok. Remember that the rest of the class is human to so its safe to assume there will be others in the exact same position as you, feeling nervous and stuff. Just take it easy and it'll be alright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

37. Post #9397
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,860 Posts
    speaking of college, I've been given a project to do over summer before I move onto my next course. I have to make a creative animation out of a matchbox. (the brief barely has any info on it so I guess i'll just have to improvise).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #9398
    Zoe Quinn did nobody wrong.
    Dennab
    December 2007
    5,905 Posts
    Eh, I kinda wanna get into skateboarding as a bit of a goof. Y'know, buy a board and tweak it to my liking and learn the basics and ride it whenever I can.

Anyone here know anything about it? I know He Who Must Not Be Named did it but I'm just asking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #9399
    usa
    Developer
    December 2011
    1,525 Posts
    Eh, I kinda wanna get into skateboarding as a bit of a goof. Y'know, buy a board and tweak it to my liking and learn the basics and ride it whenever I can.

Anyone here know anything about it? I know He Who Must Not Be Named did it but I'm just asking.
    get ready to suck and fuck yourself up tons

Edited:

you have to push yourself and it takes ages to get "ok" at skateboarding lol

be prepared to fall over and not mollycoddle yourself with elbow and knee pads, do wear a helmet though. (a skateboarding helmet that covers the back of your head)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

40. Post #9400
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    10,249 Posts

I still don't understand this social networking thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)