1. Post #4161
    June 2015
    1,275 Posts
    Also... why does Addison have so much sway? Or like, pretends to? Of all people, she's basically -your- lap dog, she can't do anything without your work, why is the first option when speaking to her not to just tell her to shut the fuck up and listen to me?
    ryder is a good boy/girl

sam would double his/her vegetables if they were rude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

2. Post #4162
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    10,490 Posts
    Honestly I don't mind Addison being grumpy and hostile at first, but you think they'd show some respect after awhile. Like I am your only life-line, the only blood vein the initiative has.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events

3. Post #4163
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,591 Posts
    I want. To Pull Out. Drack's Chin horns.

They give me the heebiejeebies and I can't stop starting at them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

4. Post #4164
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    7,317 Posts
    Like, there is 0 excuse for this game when 13 year old tech from Source 1 -automatically- rendered facial movements better than this game.
    More likely than not the majority of facial animations in ME:A were probably automatically generated despite claims to the contrary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome Sweden Show Events

5. Post #4165
    June 2015
    1,275 Posts
    More likely than not the majority of most facial animations in ME:A were probably automatically generated despite claims to the contrary.
    no computer known to man could generate the beautiful mess that is default sara ryder

those confused and poetic animations were handicrafted by an artisan
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

6. Post #4166
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,554 Posts

This is the result of my character creation session (I also customized Sara Ryder, but she's not that remarkable, since my main design idea about her was "make her look like she'd be his sister and a more scientist kind of girl with light makeup".
    Now, about the character creation as a whole, I can only say two things:
    1) I was lucky because the male Ryder I was able to put together was very close to the one I had in mind, but, given the general scarcity of customization options, especially compared to previous BioWare games (and even to Mass Effect 2 and 3, for crying out loud), and the fact you are pretty much bound to the preset you choose, I can totally understand people being pissed at it
    2) Usually, when I create a character in a roleplaying videogame, I add scars, tatoos and the kind only if they look cool and/or add something worthwhile to the character. Andromeda's tatoos and scars all look like they were drawn by a kindergarden kid on the character's face with crayons
    I can't say anything else because I didn't get past the few first proper gameplay minutes of the game.
    I also think I've encountered a bug: since I had to restart the game from scratch, now, on the new game, I can't seem to talk to the asari doctor, some dialogue options are outright missing from the wheel and Cora won't show up for the scanner tutorial, making progressing forward impossible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #4167
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,771 Posts
    Your character looks pretty much the same as mine. Would post a screen but stuck at work till 7am.

After I realised there isn't a massive choice to the customization. I just gave up and went with what I managed to get thus far. But yes our two characters look very similar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #4168
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    15,923 Posts
    Quick question. How exactly to I create augments? I want to make a ME1 style gun but I'm not seeing any option to make any of the augments I researched.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Ireland Show Events

9. Post #4169
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    15,484 Posts
    I think you get a single augment copy when you research them and you can just put it in a weapon when you craft it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

10. Post #4170
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    15,923 Posts
    What's the point in researching augments if you can only get them once? I don't want to go back to the Nexus every time I need augments, especially since shop inventories are random.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #4171
    June 2015
    1,275 Posts
    What's the point in researching augments if you can only get them once?random.
    you can only get them in one weapon type at the time
    if you deconstruct it you get all augments back
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Brazil Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

12. Post #4172
    November 2013
    2,533 Posts
    What's the point in researching augments if you can only get them once? I don't want to go back to the Nexus every time I need augments, especially since shop inventories are random.
    It makes them pop up in crates, I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #4173
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,938 Posts
    Oh jesus christ I got the Devices mission in the Multiplayer, and all 3 of my squad died almost immediately into it. Butt puckered up but I somehow did the whole round solo. Bronze in this game feels a lot crazier than in ME3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Finland Show Events

14. Post #4174
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,911 Posts
    Can you reclaim the deluxe DLC stuff after destroying them? It's taking up space and I'm not using it right now but I might like to later.

15. Post #4175
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    10,490 Posts
    Can you reclaim the deluxe DLC stuff after destroying them? It's taking up space and I'm not using it right now but I might like to later.
    Yes, they're just additional items in your game world. So you can craft higher tiers.

16. Post #4176
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    9,655 Posts
    Decided to spend the $5 on Origin Access and give this game a fair shake since I've been doing nothing but trash talk it for ages. Here goes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #4177
    January 2012
    1,956 Posts
    I'm enjoying the game a lot but I find the movement are a bit clunky, feels too heavy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Safari Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #4178
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,007 Posts
    Quick lore question for those who have played ME:A, does the implication of relatively easy intergalactic travel bare any changes to the reapers? I mean, are the reapers now just arbitrarily targeting one galaxy out of countless ones for their cycles? Was there any reason why, if the journey was just 600 years, previous victims of the reapers didn't just leave the galaxy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events

19. Post #4179
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    14,416 Posts
    Quick lore question for those who have played ME:A, does the implication of relatively easy intergalactic travel bare any changes to the reapers? I mean, are the reapers now just arbitrarily targeting one galaxy out of countless ones for their cycles? Was there any reason why, if the journey was just 600 years, previous victims of the reapers didn't just leave the galaxy?
    -snip, didn't read-

20. Post #4180
    May 2007
    1,675 Posts
    At least with the protheans many of their senior officials were indoctrinated by the Reapers ahead of time. I imagine normally the Reaper attacks are swift and brutal seeing how the Citadel is their relay point back into the Milky Way. It's kinda hinted every time the civilizations do a little bit better against the Dealers with Shepards version actually winning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events

21. Post #4181
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    15,484 Posts
    Huh I was checking my emails in my quarters and Gil, the engineer, sent me an email talking about a poker game and how everyone has started a regular poker game trying to get better and beat him, OK I thought, I heard that dialogue earlier. But he also mentions they "roped poor jaal into it".

I haven't even fucking met the angarra yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

22. Post #4182
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,007 Posts
    At least with the protheans many of their senior officials were indoctrinated by the Reapers ahead of time. I imagine normally the Reaper attacks are swift and brutal seeing how the Citadel is their relay point back into the Milky Way. It's kinda hinted every time the civilizations do a little bit better against the Dealers with Shepards version actually winning.
    Yeah, I don't find it awfully hard to believe that the species under invasion by the reapers don't really think to just pack up and move house, but it opens up a lot more possibilities of the universe. I mean, the reapers target organic and synthetics, right? What synthetic would stay in the galaxy if they could just leave? Take a race like the geth - couldn't they just peace out at any time? What's stopping forces from other galaxies spilling into the milky way? Do the reapers defend against that?

...did the andromeda initiative like, fly past some of the reapers in dark space?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Firefox Australia Show Events

23. Post #4183
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,961 Posts
    Yeah, I don't find it awfully hard to believe that the species under invasion by the reapers don't really think to just pack up and move house, but it opens up a lot more possibilities of the universe. I mean, the reapers target organic and synthetics, right? What synthetic would stay in the galaxy if they could just leave? Take a race like the geth - couldn't they just peace out at any time? What's stopping forces from other galaxies spilling into the milky way? Do the reapers defend against that?

...did the andromeda initiative like, fly past some of the reapers in dark space?
    It's pretty obvious the game was written in a way to try to ignore some of these logical problems. It's especially jarring given that (late/endgame plot spoilers apparently)    there's apparently a Quarian ark on the way since they were late to launching with the rest of the Initiative, so god only knows when they left in relation to the ME2/3 timeframe.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #4184
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    30,283 Posts
    Why the fuck does vould take ten times longer to load than anything else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete iPhone Chrome Canada Show Events

25. Post #4185
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    4,600 Posts
    Goddamn I hope modders will do everything in their power to improve the game. They've worked wonders on ME3, so there's some hope for this game to become quite decent.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

26. Post #4186
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    1,390 Posts
    I had a couple of T-posed enemies earlier. T'was a great first impression.

Jankiness aside, this game's pretty fun on Insanity. I took a leave for this, so at least I'm having fun lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Firefox Philippines Show Events

27. Post #4187
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,347 Posts
    Played about 12 hours so far and I'm loving it.
    Only problem I have is the galaxy map animations. Everything else is on par with 2 & 3. But with more stuff to do.

Though MP is kind of annoying, if I try playing with my friend, matchmaking doesn't work at all. And we have to duo bronze missions at level 1. We've barely made it to the first objective.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Unofficial Facepunch Android App United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #4188
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    15,484 Posts
    Multiplayer has a pretty steep difficulty level starting out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Android Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #4189
    Zet
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,640 Posts
    Why the fuck does vould take ten times longer to load than anything else
    It loads fine for me. The only loading problems I have are with autosaves. They don't load at all for me, even with the white bar full.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Australia Show Events

30. Post #4190
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    14,053 Posts
    Multiplayer has a pretty steep difficulty level starting out
    not really.

You just can't camp anymore.

Pick inf, soldier or vanguard and spec in health passive + whatever TWO powers or both passives and one power and then go to to town maxing out stuff with the basic packs. A couple long days in bronze will net you enough common cards to max out your basic guys to X, and from there inf and vangs are actually silver ready at level 1, provided you have a decent weapon.

Most of the ARs and pistols are pretty ok, snipes and shotguns are another story, both of the two good guns in these categories (vanquisher, isharay/scattershot, piranha) are rares or ultra rares.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

31. Post #4191
    November 2013
    2,533 Posts
    I've finally gotten to the point where Eos    isn't an irradiated shithole.    This map is overwhelmingly large. I've been driving around it for 2 or so hours, and every time I finish something, two more little stories pop up. The environmental storytelling scattered around is really cool. I especially liked    the quest where you follow a scientist's recordings of Remnant technology down into a vault, where she died.    Really looking forward to continuing the story.

Cora is growing on me, too. Which was very unexpected.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #4192
    June 2010
    218 Posts
    Say what you want but i really like it, yeah, some animations are total poop, but whatever.

Also when    Ryder's dad died    at the very start of the game it was even worst than    legion turning into bad legion and tring to kill The Commander    in ME3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome France Show Events

33. Post #4193
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,554 Posts
    [He's opening tabs from TV Tropes to determine his romance of choice between Cora, Peebee and Vetra by mathematical means]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events

34. Post #4194
    November 2013
    2,533 Posts
    [He's opening tabs from TV Tropes to determine his romance of choice between Cora, Peebee and Vetra by mathematical means]
    I can't believe there are people on this earth who don't see it as a choice between Vetra and nobody else because she is best girl

35. Post #4195
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,347 Posts
    So for 2 and 3, I played as a Vanguard and Soldier. I want to try something new as I've never specced into Tech/Biotics.

What should I spec into first and use as my main attacks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #4196
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,546 Posts
    I can't believe there are people on this earth who don't see it as a choice between Vetra and nobody else because she is best girl
    But blue fever tho.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #4197
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,347 Posts
    Also, do we have a discord for Mass Effect? For matchmaking/discussion etc?

I can make one if not.

Edited:

https://discord.gg/ETPDtgQ

Here's a link, I'll delete it if theres already one thats been made.

38. Post #4198
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    6,554 Posts
    I'm sorry but:
    1) When I decide who I'm going to romance in a roleplaying videogame, I tend towards characters who integrate well with my own on a pure story perspective. And whom I'd like to fuck. Take a wild guess as what's the problem I have with Vetra.
    2) As I said, by the looks of it, Vetra's romance path is basically Garrus' in the original trilogy: trigger happy Turian soldier with values who wants to love you but he/she's not sure if it's going to work, so he/she tries hard
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 10 Chrome Italy Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #4199
    June 2010
    218 Posts
    can someone explain me why cora has a latex suit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Chrome France Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #4200
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,347 Posts
    can someone explain me why cora has a latex suit
    They needed a new Miranda on the team.