1. Post #13241
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    6,052 Posts
    My mind is blown. I made a couple of sounds in front of my fan and it sounded metallic. Shit I found a new hobby.
    I've done this since I was in grade school
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Agree Agree x 10Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #13242
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    8,979 Posts
    My mind is blown. I made a couple of sounds in front of my fan and it sounded metallic. Shit I found a new hobby.
    Should have discovered this when you were like 7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

3. Post #13243
    SweFox.net - AdventureFox.net - ImgFox.se
    February 2008
    10,446 Posts
    Should have discovered this when you were like 7
    Sorry for being late :(.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9 (list)

4. Post #13244
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    better late than never
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

5. Post #13245
    April 2007
    1,187 Posts
    blowing into the fan? pfft

sticking your finger in the fan was the thing to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #13246
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    8,979 Posts
    blowing into the fan? pfft

sticking your finger in the fan was the thing to do.
    Real men stick their dick into the fan
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

7. Post #13247
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,658 Posts
    Some people have advanced to dicks in spinning fans, but thankfully that's a one-stop trip to eliminating yourself from the gene pool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #13248
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    8,749 Posts
    Oh my god I just had a fucking heart attack for a split second when I opened my email today

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 24 (list)

9. Post #13249
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    Dennab
    October 2008
    18,524 Posts
    Anyone got any idea why this fucks up the rest of the page?

Removed, hopefully it'll fix it. If you wanna see it go check out general discussion.
    I need a link to the thread or a screenshot or something. "go check GD" doesn't help since I don't know what I'm looking for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

10. Post #13250
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,888 Posts
    Oh my god I just had a fucking heart attack for a split second when I opened my email today

How does the CIA even relate to NASA or Boeing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

11. Post #13251
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    8,749 Posts
    How does the CIA even relate to NASA or Boeing?
    Its an email for some college in Florida and I'm guessing those are places that hire from them.

That or its a trap to lure me outside of my house
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

12. Post #13252
    So I found out I can look at ad performance on my YT channel. I thought I didn't have this option inside of a network. But apparently, my videos are producing 8x the revenue that I'm being paid from Machinima. But due to my contract I'm capped. I could be making a few hundred bucks a month, instead I'm bringing in like barely enough to fill up my car.

This is kind of disgusting.

I hope I am both reading this incorrectly and reading this correctly. If it's true and I could move to a different network on a shared payment like 90/10 from Curse, I could be making significantly more money on my same channel.

No wonder Machinima has been trying to give me all these growth opportunities. But not bothering to talk to me incase I try to leave.

Edited:

TL:DR I could be getting not just fucked over but royally fucked over by my contract with machinima if my YT analytics is to be believed. If I left and simply moved to another network on a shared payment system I'd be making enough money to pay for school automatically.

Still trying to understand the numbers I'm seeing. Basically CPM is rate for how much a video is making per 1000 monetized views. So a CPM of $2 which I was contracted for in 2011 means I'm paid the gross revenue of $2CPM. This means that Youtube takes it's cut which is 45% and then machinima takes another cut I think. I used to get paid pure $2 per any views.

What this shows me is that i have crazy high CPM. Like 6-8 for the last few years. That's amazing. Some people hit 10 for like a day or something. But I have very high CPM consistently, so then YT takes their cut of 45%Then I'm left with about 3-4$ RPM, then my network would take a cut, if it's with this Curse network I might see $3 to 3.5 RPM which is my personal revenue. I'm getting like less than $1 right now. So this is significant, assuming I'm reading this right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11 (list)

13. Post #13253
    🚑 Sarcasm Wambulance 🚑
    January 2009
    14,956 Posts
    You are with Machinima, of course you are being ripped of at the worst. Just get the fuck out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

14. Post #13254
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #13255
    SweFox.net - AdventureFox.net - ImgFox.se
    February 2008
    10,446 Posts
    Trying is hard, try harder, try easier, change difficulty, stop crying, be a man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

16. Post #13256
    🚑 Sarcasm Wambulance 🚑
    January 2009
    14,956 Posts
    Trying is hard, try harder, try easier, change difficulty, stop crying, be a man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Funny Funny x 20Dumb Dumb x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #13257
    It's hard when no one replies is what I'm getting at.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #13258
    April 2011
    1,138 Posts
    Youtube, Partership, and motherfuckin Machinima.
    Does it help if one account views your videos multiple times during the day or night? And do mobile views count too?

19. Post #13259
    No one gets paid for mobile views. Only youtube does. Those are registered as views though.

Also if you are actually viewing it, then yes works but if you're thinking of setting up a server to view my videos, you can get my account banned, so I'd probably request you just watch what you want to watch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

20. Post #13260
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    10,249 Posts
    Also if you are actually viewing it, then yes works but if you're thinking of setting up a server to view my videos, you can get my account banned, so I'd probably request you just watch what you want to watch.
    That's seriously the dumbest shit, sure it stops people from trying to ramp up their revenue, but it lets you get people banned from adsense by pretending to be them, or asking people to go and click all your ads
    I think it was Eddy or somebody here who got banned from adsense because some French forum was telling people to go click the ads on his site
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #13261
    Which is why even threatening to clickbomb is dangerous. And your adsense is linked to your SS# so it's basically gone for good.

That's atleast good about a network, they take the heat from google.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

22. Post #13262
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,764 Posts
    Fake your death or just make content so shitty that they'd have to let you leave.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #13263
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,884 Posts
    Wow, some of those are cam videos even
    It could mean it was mastered on HDCAM, which is a pro video tape format http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCAM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

24. Post #13264
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    10,249 Posts
    Which is why even threatening to clickbomb is dangerous. And your adsense is linked to your SS# so it's basically gone for good.

That's atleast good about a network, they take the heat from google.
    I'm fairly sure he got it back, he just had to go to extreme lengths to prove that he wasn't a french TF2 trader
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

25. Post #13265
    PLUNGER BUTT
    November 2010
    3,411 Posts
    make content so shitty that they'd have to let you leave.
    And risk losing all of your subscribers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #13266
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    928 Posts
    Why not just use the kernel that comes with your ROM?
    I'm running the stock ROM, but the stock kernel never goes into deep sleep for me and completely destroys my battery life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #13267
    Prolonged exposure to
    my opinions can be
    mentally scarring or in
    some cases FATAL
    Dennab
    April 2011
    15,508 Posts
    Doesn't YT force you to sign with a network if you're doing gaming videos and you want to become a partner? If it's still this way it's fucking stupid.

28. Post #13268
    Doesn't YT force you to sign with a network if you're doing gaming videos and you want to become a partner? If it's still this way it's fucking stupid.
    You're not forced. The general idea is if you're going independent, you must have permission or licenses to monetize the content. Networks generally have a department dedicated to handling that for you. So you basically can monetize any game.

There is no longer a "Partner" program anymore. Everyone is a partner simply via monetization.

Edited:

Fake your death or just make content so shitty that they'd have to let you leave.
    I want to but people have gotten sued by machinima for that. Years ago, you could be sued for not uploading anything since the original contracts said you'd upload once a week or something.
    They are much bett-less shitty.

I am drafting a big email with all my problems and how much I want to leave and how horrible the experience has been, and I have two friends who say they got some people who work at machinima on facebook. Going to try and hand it to them and see if I can get this past support. Which actually removed the contract termination category for the tickets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #13269
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    Dennab
    October 2008
    18,524 Posts
    I'm considered a "partner" but I don't have any videos set to be monetized.

I'm probably never going to set up the actual money bit, but if I wanted to upload a video over ten minutes I got that shit covered, yo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #13270
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    10,249 Posts
    I'm considered a "partner" but I don't have any videos set to be monetized.

I'm probably never going to set up the actual money bit, but if I wanted to upload a video over ten minutes I got that shit covered, yo.
    My friend wishes he had monetisation on his old account
    He has a 10 second video, no copyrighted material, and 50,000+ views
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #13271
    Prolonged exposure to
    my opinions can be
    mentally scarring or in
    some cases FATAL
    Dennab
    April 2011
    15,508 Posts
    Sheesh, the Machinima network must be a living hellhole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

32. Post #13272
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    10,249 Posts
    Sheesh, the Machinima network must be a living hellhole.
    I used to watch when there was actual Machinima
    Then they started just posting
    LOL CODBLOPS EPIC TROLLING
    EXCLUSIVE MOVIE TRAILER WE WERE PAID TO PUT HERE
    WOW LOOK AT THESE ANNOTATIONS ALL OVER YOUR SHIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #13273
    Dennab
    December 2011
    575 Posts

Goodbye Celeron!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

34. Post #13274
    Prolonged exposure to
    my opinions can be
    mentally scarring or in
    some cases FATAL
    Dennab
    April 2011
    15,508 Posts

Goodbye Celeron!
    Make sure the Celery doesn't live to see another day by smashing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #13275
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,679 Posts
    RIP Trafficman's power supply 11/11/09 - 07/19/13 (8 months out of the 3 year warranty)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 9 (list)

36. Post #13276
    Dennab
    December 2011
    575 Posts
    Make sure the Celery doesn't live to see another day by smashing it.
    I'm going to build another system out of it and flog it on Ebay.

Edited:

Perty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #13277
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,679 Posts
    One system dies, another is born

Edited:

I'm really hoping my psu died with dignity and didn't take anything else with it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

38. Post #13278
    Dennab
    December 2011
    575 Posts

Heatsink mounts aren't as bad as I thought they would be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #13279
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,202 Posts

Goodbye Celeron!
    lol Intel processors are for babies, real men have Intel cushions.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #13280
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,968 Posts
    How about an Intel hug pillow?
    "Oh, Sandy-chan~"

Edited:

"You're so... energy efficient~"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 19 (list)