1. Post #28641
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,888 Posts
    Updated all my drivers, glad they're working well

Oh jeeze I started the new page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #28642

That shelf and those things have been there for like four years now, I don't know why the school keep them. There's also a hardware lab with at least 30 serial-port scanners stacked somewhere. If only I could get all of those cold cathode tubes. Maybe even modify the scanners and make them sing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #28643
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,331 Posts

That shelf and those things have been there for like four years now, I don't know why the school keep them. There's also a hardware lab with at least 30 serial-port scanners stacked somewhere. If only I could get all of those cold cathode tubes. Maybe even modify the scanners and make them sing.
    I occasionally work for a school district's IT department over the summer
    We have boxes upon boxes of shit that never gets thrown out. We filled an entire gymnasium with old equipment that we will likely never use again, and likely not throw away for years. All roughly as old (or a bit newer) as the equipment in the picture.

I made a cat o' nine tails out of some of the mice once.

Edited:

1440p and higher no 120hz, Can't stand 60hz.
    The monitor I got is considered 'extremely overclockable' and many can get it to 120hz. I'm not planning on it, but it sure looks possible

EDIT: QNIX 2710 (with displayport, in my case) btw

Edited:

Apparently the one with displayport and HDMI is not overclockable, only the one with ONLY dvi

Oh well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

4. Post #28644
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    December 2006
    20,944 Posts
    And the network stops working on my server.
    Another time linux, another time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

5. Post #28645
    I found this ad and calculated the price of the current (DDR3) byte of RAM to be $0.0000009. Price with inflation for that ad is $0.07
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Argentina Show Events

6. Post #28646
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,380 Posts
    I found this ad and calculated the price of the current (DDR3) byte of RAM to be $0.0000009. Price with inflation for that ad is $0.07
    The great part about that is that anything else higher then that price they are significantly ripping the shit out of you and your money!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 New Zealand Show Events

7. Post #28647
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    9,625 Posts
    The monitor I got is considered 'extremely overclockable' and many can get it to 120hz. I'm not planning on it, but it sure looks possible

EDIT: QNIX 2710 (with displayport, in my case) btw

Edited:

Apparently the one with displayport and HDMI is not overclockable, only the one with ONLY dvi

Oh well
    Always always always ALWAYS ALWAYS keep that thing on a surge protector. I had a Catleap one with DVI, overclocked to 110hz, and a power outage came around and when I got home the whole screen was basically a hash of static. Not cool. The power converters in these are less than stellar, take good care of it.

8. Post #28648
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    4,105 Posts
    I'm getting this with every video. I don't want to learn more, I want you to fix your shit!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #28649
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,331 Posts
    Always always always ALWAYS ALWAYS keep that thing on a surge protector. I had a Catleap one with DVI, overclocked to 110hz, and a power outage came around and when I got home the whole screen was basically a hash of static. Not cool. The power converters in these are less than stellar, take good care of it.
    Alright, I'll keep that in mind.

I think everything that I'll have it plugged into is surge protected, but I'll make sure I don't engage in unprotected sex with the power grid.

10. Post #28650
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    8,982 Posts
    Price with inflation for that ad is $0.07
    More like $0.09 actually. 8080 first came out in 1974, and USD inflation rate from then to now is 374.9%.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

11. Post #28651
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,684 Posts
    I'm getting this with every video. I don't want to learn more, I want you to fix your shit!
    Are you using a youtube extension? I was getting that in the lastest update because I had autoplay turned off in Magic Actions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #28652
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    9,896 Posts
    1600x900P

Please don't write it like that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #28653
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,380 Posts
    Please don't write it like that
    I know. That is a bad habit of mine.
    Got my Xonar DGX running Uni drivers with gain boost. This is the best soundcard and it has the best volume.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 New Zealand Show Events

14. Post #28654
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,885 Posts
    My favorite part of this post is the people who rated it dumb. Phone fanboyism in 2013? Haha.
    Meh, I don't see the point in wanting something because it's "The Thing" that people have. I buy what's useful not what's in.

Edited:

Phone fanboyism is really dumb. Let people use what they want.
    Yeah it is, but so is not having drag and drop, it's not a USB1.1 device from 1998.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

15. Post #28655
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,247 Posts

Garry why?
    "Your Facepunch token has expired, please purchase another token for $10 to continue to browse Facepunch. Thank you"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

16. Post #28656
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,885 Posts
    Yeah I really don't understand the way screen technologies are priced. I'm probably being ignorant as fuck, but if a Nexus 7 can be shipped with a 7" 1920x1200 screen for under $250, why in the hell are desktop sized screen with way lower pixel densities nearly $800?
    They should have 4K monitors for less than $1000. But I suppose Samsung thinks PC users like wall tile sized pixels. I mean why are they still making laptops with 1366x768 res when they're saying how crisp text looks on android tablets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #28657
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    17,950 Posts
    Meh, I don't see the point in wanting something because it's "The Thing" that people have. I buy what's useful not what's in.

Edited:

Yeah it is, but so is not having drag and drop, it's not a USB1.1 device from 1998.
    It's not just because it's "in" - it's legitimately a good phone, not to say a great one. If you think it's lacking in functionality, it's not for you, but it's fine for most people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

18. Post #28658
    Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?
    August 2011
    4,645 Posts
    I'm hoping that when I start going to work whoever I work for has a store of old IT equipment. May have good Retrocomputing items but I think the possibility of that is low.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #28659
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    5,885 Posts
    It's not just because it's "in" - it's legitimately a good phone, not to say a great one. If you think it's lacking in functionality, it's not for you, but it's fine for most people.
    It would be fine if they weren't trying to prevent other companies from building competing products.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

20. Post #28660
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    Dennab
    May 2010
    6,170 Posts
    I just realized IPS gives me migraines arrgh

21. Post #28661
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,797 Posts
    I just realized IPS gives me migraines arrgh
    Turn the brightness down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #28662
    Dennab
    May 2010
    6,170 Posts
    Turn the brightness down.
    It's on a low setting, low as it can be. Maybe I'm not used to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

23. Post #28663
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,742 Posts
    I have my screen on 10% brightness and its still too bright sometimes.

24. Post #28664
    Per aspera ad astra
    November 2010
    9,348 Posts
    I have my screen on 10% brightness and its still too bright sometimes.
    Use Flux or something to change the colour temperature so it isn't too harsh on your eyes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #28665
    Look at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone. Panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect immortal machine?
    August 2011
    4,645 Posts
    Flux fucked with my eyes when it came to games, still having issues even though time has passed.

26. Post #28666
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,742 Posts
    Flux is shit. I don't want my screen to turn orange at certain times of the day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

27. Post #28667
    Glorious GNU/Linux Master Race
    May 2010
    8,475 Posts
    I use Flux, and did tone down the orange quite a bit, and now it's perfect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Switzerland Show Events

28. Post #28668
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    10,552 Posts
    f.lux is the best, i'm dead sensitive to colour temperature now and i try adjust it when i'm in blacked out lecture theaters or when it gets late. set it to the 1 hour transition and like 4200K and see if you notice it coming in. when it's disabled you really see the difference and it hurts my eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

29. Post #28669
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,797 Posts
    I have a desk lamp that I put behind my monitor. The bias lighting helps with eyestrain tremendously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #28670
    Zoe Quinn did nobody wrong.
    Dennab
    December 2007
    5,905 Posts
    Flux does a good job at making my eyes less strained at night, I always kept it at the 20 second transition though so I might try it at the hour long one tonight.

31. Post #28671
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,797 Posts
    For me, color accuracy is too important to sacrifice. So I wind up disabling it temporarily, and temporarily turns into permanently because I'm always doing stuff that deals with color accuracy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #28672
    Dennab
    May 2010
    6,170 Posts
    Christ, the U920T works so hard to keep cool.

Dunno if Toshiba's heard of passive cooling, it's ridiculously loud.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

33. Post #28673
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,979 Posts
    Use Flux or something to change the colour temperature so it isn't too harsh on your eyes?
    Flux is a racist piece of shit program :C
    Doesn't work where I live.

Edited:

It's funny because nothing on the website mentions that it won't work beyond, what was it, 60 degrees north?
    I just had to find that out the hard way when the program refused to function without giving me any errors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

34. Post #28674
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,727 Posts
    Flux is a racist piece of shit program :C
    Doesn't work where I live.

Edited:

It's funny because nothing on the website mentions that it won't work beyond, what was it, 60 degrees north?
    I just had to find that out the hard way when the program refused to function without giving me any errors.
    Then set your location to 59 degrees north?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #28675
    kill yourself
    May 2008
    4,562 Posts
    Flux fucks up the Color correctness of the screen. Unless you use it because the screen is basically your Sun in your room .
    Get some Gunnar Glasses

36. Post #28676
    I wasted a dollar on a stupid title.
    September 2007
    19,241 Posts
    Fuck you science, I want apartment-wide wireless charging already.
    It's rather annoying to have to tether yourself down for an hour if you later on want to leave the house and have your batteries at full.

Edited:

Also, I spotted this while walking today. Not sure what to think of it...

Who the hell would want to hang a word cloud full of bullshit, on their wall?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Finland Show Events

37. Post #28677
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,979 Posts
    Then set your location to 59 degrees north?
    But then it'll be wrong, because I live more than 68 degrees north.
    What's the point of the program if it changes the colours when it shouldn't?

38. Post #28678
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,189 Posts
    But then it'll be wrong, because I live more than 68 degrees north.
    What's the point of the program if it changes the colours when it shouldn't?
    What's the point of the program when it's dark all the time anyway, though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

39. Post #28679
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,979 Posts
    What's the point of the program when it's dark all the time anyway, though
    I feel like it could be extra useful for me now during the polar night.

Edited:

Or "the dark times" as we call it.
    I prefer that name.

40. Post #28680
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    December 2006
    20,944 Posts
    I use f.lux even at daytime, that transition hurts my eyes

AND i use it on my U2711 with SRGB
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events