1. Post #28601
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,001 Posts
    Chemistry is probably one of hardest ones. Same for physics. Also don't be disheartened by your predicted A Level grades, since unless you get straight A/A* at GCSE they'll be C/D/E, especially in sciences.
    I don't really need to do Chemistry - it's not neccesary, but Physics on the other hand is pretty essential. Still a bit confused what I should do about the Maths though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #28602
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,189 Posts
    Imagine something like a chainlink fence thats just geometry.
    Oh, right. That's not really common yet, though, but I guess it might b e.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

3. Post #28603
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,202 Posts
    Just ordered this. Please say I didn't make a bad choice.

I was stunned to see it was almost half price so I had to buy it.
    It's not half price but yes it's a decent buy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #28604
    It's cheap, though. If it's implemented as part of the game, it's usually good enough quality to turn on if you can't get 2xMSAA running smoothly.
    I find post AA can't handle just no AA, so I run 2xMSAA and then post AA and it's significantly better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

5. Post #28605
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,202 Posts
    I wish I knew how to play Prison Architect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Russian Federation Show Events

6. Post #28606
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    2,755 Posts

7. Post #28607
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,791 Posts
    What would be a good router in the $30-$50 price range? Preferably full-duplex and capable of supporting roughly 6 devices at once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #28608
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    4,742 Posts
    Increased latency yay!

9. Post #28609
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,725 Posts
    I did crash Higher Chemistry and got a B, it's definitely not the hardest.
    Compared to half of the piss take subjects like computing it is.

Edited:

I don't really need to do Chemistry - it's not neccesary, but Physics on the other hand is pretty essential. Still a bit confused what I should do about the Maths though.
    Well, if you enjoyed chemistry at GCSE then continue with it, but it isn't worth doing it if you don't enjoy it. Well, you should try to get on further maths if you can since you can always drop down but after the first week or two you wont be allowed to switch up.

10. Post #28610
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,438 Posts
    Compared to half of the piss take subjects like computing it is.

Edited:

Well, if you enjoyed chemistry at GCSE then continue with it, but it isn't worth doing it if you don't enjoy it. Well, you should try to get on further maths if you can since you can always drop down but after the first week or two you wont be allowed to switch up.
    Our Computing Course is kick ass. It can be in any language you wish, since all of the points are in analysis of the code.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #28611
    Just got paid this month. About enough to fill my car 3/4ths of the way.

Edit: Baller
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

12. Post #28612
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    7,725 Posts
    Our Computing Course is kick ass. It can be in any language you wish, since all of the points are in analysis of the code.
    On mine we're enforced into using Pascal and are only required to demonstrate a functional piece of code without source. What exam board are you on?

13. Post #28613
    Gold Member
    August 2012
    1,438 Posts
    On mine we're enforced into using Pascal and are only required to demonstrate a functional piece of code without source. What exam board are you on?
    SQA, Scotland.
    Edit: I'm doing the new National 5 exams and doing Higher Course Work on the side in Math and Computing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #28614
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,356 Posts
    I don't use AA in any game with my 7950 fight me.
    I don't even use AA any more on my 900P monitor.
    I just have never seen the point of AA unless it's really low res.

Another thing to. With FXAA now being the cheapest and simply the best for any GPU, if you really need it just use FXAA.

The quality from PS4 video sharing looks like complete garbage and the games really aren't impressive at all. I should probably have seen this coming but I'm still dissapointed in this gen's start
    Holy shit. That what looks like a bit rate of 1500? That's awful. It's not even 'next gen' in fact arguably it's overrated crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 New Zealand Show Events

15. Post #28615
    I was taking some photos of the last-year IT students for some video the teachers wanted to make, and happened to snap this lovely scene

I'm not 100% sure why he's biting that ethernet cable. I don't think anyone should do something like that after doing a four-year IT technicature.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

16. Post #28616
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,678 Posts
    I was taking some photos of the last-year IT students for some video the teachers wanted to make, and happened to snap this lovely scene

I'm not 100% sure why he's biting that ethernet cable. I don't think anyone should do something like that after doing a four-year IT technicature.
    He's just really dedicated, what else are you supposed to do when you don't have a crimper?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

17. Post #28617
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,791 Posts

He's interfacing it directly with his brain via mouth.

Edited:

I just figured out why my computer's internet connection has been so slow and spotty.
    My trash can was next to my desktop when i moved it and never moved it away. Instantly jumped from less than 100kb to 1mb. The damn thing is made out of a metal mesh, so I guess it was acting like a Faraday cage or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #28618
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,331 Posts
    My Korean 2560x1440 27" PLS panel came.
    Even backlight
    No Dead Pixels

I think I lucked out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #28619
    kill yourself
    May 2008
    4,561 Posts
    1440p and higher no 120hz, Can't stand 60hz.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

20. Post #28620
    Something loli Please no dont post pussy toxxes, go hard or go home gays promise ahahahahaahah dick tape balls trump
    September 2011
    26,356 Posts
    1440p and higher no 120hz, Can't stand 60hz.
    1600x900P 60HZ.
    I feel like I'm budget.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 New Zealand Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #28621
    Turbo Dyke
    Dennab
    June 2010
    19,687 Posts
    13" retina is enough of an upgrade for me to rarely use my desktop anymore, really happy with it

Edited:

nothing beats the ol' crt for gaming though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

22. Post #28622
    13" retina is enough of an upgrade for me to rarely use my desktop anymore, really happy with it

Edited:

nothing beats the ol' crt for gaming though
    I gave a little presentation on videogame addiction yesterday and was just amazed at how nice Typing Of The Dead and CS 1.6 looked on CRTs. Neeeeed to get my 14 inch TV fixed for my PSX...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Argentina Show Events

23. Post #28623
    Sock Queen
    August 2008
    16,079 Posts
    Increased latency yay!
    Yep... I don't get why they're doing this. We already have sufficient bandwidth with DDR3. But oh wait Intel likes to stick to 2 channel because they're fucking retards and stick 4 on their "enthusiast" products and now to get more bandwidth from PCs we have to fuck over latency. How about this Intel, catch up to the rest of the computer industry, use 8 channel on server and enthusiast parts and put 4 channel on everything else. Thx. Low latency DDR3 would be an incredible thing, but no, can't have that.

I mean to be fair, part of the latency issues with DDR4 is due to higher density. Latency scales with size (which is why L1 caches are usually tiny and such), but it's still pretty damn avoidable, look at RLDRAM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events

24. Post #28624
    The quality from PS4 video sharing looks like complete garbage and the games really aren't impressive at all. I should probably have seen this coming but I'm still dissapointed in this gen's start
    In HD it looks fine to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

25. Post #28625
    kill yourself
    May 2008
    4,561 Posts
    Until they make 1440p screens or higher in 120hz i gonna stay on 1080p.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

26. Post #28626
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    28,791 Posts
    It will probably be several years before i get a new monitor setup, barring the Oculus Rift if such a thing could be considered a monitor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #28627
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    8,748 Posts
    Why do higher end monitors have to be so damn expensive though?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28628
    Turbo Dyke
    Dennab
    June 2010
    19,687 Posts
    because they're high end
    ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #28629
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,233 Posts
    Yeah I really don't understand the way screen technologies are priced. I'm probably being ignorant as fuck, but if a Nexus 7 can be shipped with a 7" 1920x1200 screen for under $250, why in the hell are desktop sized screen with way lower pixel densities nearly $800?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

30. Post #28630
    known terrorist
    April 2011
    8,748 Posts
    Yeah I really don't understand the way screen technologies are priced. I'm probably being ignorant as fuck, but if a Nexus 7 can be shipped with a 7" 1920x1200 screen for under $250, why in the hell are desktop sized screen with way lower pixel densities nearly $800?
    Exactly, its a fucking racket

31. Post #28631
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,678 Posts
    Demand is low = Price is high

Also, with the nexus 7, Google can bank on making money from the google play store with each one sold so they might be able to sell it for cheaper than something like an OEM would.

32. Post #28632
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    4,202 Posts
    Also, the physical size of the panel contributes to the cost.

I mean 27inch 1920x1080 displays are more expensive than 21.5 ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events

33. Post #28633
    Turbo Dyke
    Dennab
    June 2010
    19,687 Posts
    i would like to inform some people that higher density does not equate to more expensive. there are far more factors than that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #28634
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    December 2006
    20,944 Posts
    Is there no way to view an EXT3 disk in Windows? I'm just getting a RAW or empty disk in all those managers.

welp seems that ext2explore works
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

35. Post #28635
    In HD it looks fine to me.
    I'm not sure if "fine" would mean as in, good for something being done by the console, because the difference between this and PS3/x360 footage by any competent let's player is night and day.

Text is readable and you can tell what's going on, but there's a ton of compression.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #28636
    It's gone from Realtime H.264 encoded file for SHAARRRRINNNGGG onto a website not known for its video quality which recompresses it again.

So for all intents and purposes, what the fuck do you expect for watching it on a facebook video player.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

37. Post #28637
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    6,052 Posts
    Nah, left the tab open overnight.

This is mine after 2 days haha, also the tab was eating about 2GB RAM
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

38. Post #28638
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,764 Posts
    time warner what are you doing

looks like singleplayer games for me tonight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #28639
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    11,541 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

40. Post #28640
    September 2011
    26,356 Posts
    time warner what are you doing

looks like singleplayer games for me tonight
    I still don't understand US internet.

Edited:

Garry why?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 New Zealand Show Events