1. Post #2321
    I just thought of something

How big of a flag could you print of Teracrest and still have it look good
    Well the original image is 18mp, so it should look fine on a billboard I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2322
    Switch(config)#
    October 2007
    3,779 Posts
    Well the original image is 18mp, so it should look fine on a billboard I think.
    Again I suggest we start a Teracrest billboard Kickstarter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #2323
    Sock Queen
    August 2008
    16,079 Posts
    So, Star Trek Into Darkness.
    I like it. Once you work out what Abrams is trying to do with this series, you'll really, really appreciate it (Mind you, you'd have to have seen a good portion of the Star Trek series before this).

However, one thing I feel really bad for noticing is some lens flares were "shot" with a 6 bladed aperture, some had 8 and some had none... in the same scene.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #2324
    April 2007
    1,187 Posts
    So, Star Trek Into Darkness.
    I like it. Once you work out what Abrams is trying to do with this series, you'll really, really appreciate it (Mind you, you'd have to have seen a good portion of the Star Trek series before this).

However, one thing I feel really bad for noticing is some lens flares were "shot" with a 6 bladed aperture, some had 8 and some had none... in the same scene.
    You mean the whole idea of since it a alternative universe to the star trek original universe but a few large events that most likely rewritten history so they don't run into the issue of contradictions and plot holes with the original Star Trek lore?

Yea I always thought it was a easy but smart way to "reboot" the franchise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #2325
    Sock Queen
    August 2008
    16,079 Posts
    You mean the whole idea of since it a alternative universe to the star trek original universe but a few large events that most likely rewritten history so they don't run into the issue of contradictions and plot holes with the original Star Trek lore?

Yea I always thought it was a easy but smart way to "reboot" the franchise.
    I really like the idea, and I think they pull it off well. It allows for just so much, and the new actors are absolutely great. However I'm pissed about the lack of Khans old clothes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events

6. Post #2326
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,840 Posts
    This just scared the hell out of me

I didn't read the parenthesis
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

7. Post #2327
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,233 Posts
    I honestly don't have a single complaint with windows 8, and I haven't a clue of what they could possibly be changing. I don't even want a start button, that shit's a waste of space
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2328
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    11,871 Posts
    I honestly don't have a single complaint with windows 8, and I haven't a clue of what they could possibly be changing. I don't even want a start button, that shit's a waste of space
    It needs to be optional. Personally I don't use it, since I always use the Windows key. But it really should be there for new less inclined users who only click on the Windows button because they can see it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #2329
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,840 Posts
    The only big complaint I have is how metro is completely sandboxed away from the desktop but that's their choice and I see why they made it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #2330
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,679 Posts
    Wow guys sorry for even mentioning my headset, it seemed to spark a huge argument about studio headphones vs gaming headsets (which imo are two completely different things that can't really be compared?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #2331
    Sock Queen
    August 2008
    16,079 Posts
    Wow guys sorry for even mentioning my headset, it seemed to spark a huge argument about studio headphones vs gaming headsets
    It's okay, we still love you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

12. Post #2332
    April 2007
    1,187 Posts
    I can always come in and make everyone feel guilty by mentioning I'm hearing impaired to quiet down the argument.

Ok that a abuse of my impairment but it honestly the best impairment ever, sleeping? psh cant hear a thing sleep like a baby, annoying people talking to me constantly psh take out my hearing aid and go hrm? the possibilities are endless. only thing that really sucks is hear what shit sounds like underwater and batteries always dying at the most unfortunate times like in the middle of a movie.

so give it a try guys blow out your eardrums or something and get hearing aids! price tags for good quality shit is usually over 2-3k though have fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

13. Post #2333
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    11,871 Posts
    I can always come in and make everyone feel guilty by mentioning I'm hearing impaired to quiet down the argument.

Ok that a abuse of my impairment but it honestly the best impairment ever, sleeping? psh cant hear a thing sleep like a baby, annoying people talking to me constantly psh take out my hearing aid and go hrm? the possibilities are endless. only thing that really sucks is hear what shit sounds like underwater and batteries always dying at the most unfortunate times like in the middle of a movie.

so give it a try guys blow out your eardrums or something and get hearing aids! price tags for good quality shit is usually over 2-3k though have fun
    Things underwater sound blorpy and really muffled. You're not missing much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

14. Post #2334
    April 2007
    1,187 Posts
    Oh yea the biggest gripe I have is, ear buds god damn they are everywhere and they hide well but guess what? cant wear them and yet they are everywhere taunting me...
    Also wishing music festivals or concerts had a big ass captioning somewhere in view.

15. Post #2335
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,679 Posts

omg brt i'm crying irl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #2336
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    11,871 Posts
    Oh yea the biggest gripe I have is, ear buds god damn they are everywhere and they hide well but guess what? cant wear them and yet they are everywhere taunting me...
    Also wishing music festivals or concerts had a big ass captioning somewhere in view.
    I'm sort of surprised that Bluetooth capable hearing aids aren't really around. Or maybe they do exist, and they are just really expensive.

17. Post #2337
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,679 Posts
    I'm sort of surprised that Bluetooth capable hearing aids aren't really around. Or maybe they do exist, and they are just really expensive.
    You could switch it from hearing mode to music mode
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

18. Post #2338
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    11,871 Posts
    You could switch it from hearing mode to music mode
    ...okay I won't lie, that would be really fucking awesome.

19. Post #2339
    April 2007
    1,187 Posts
    They actually do I'm currently looking at one that has bluetooth and all that it pretty sweet it just haggling with insurance and having the money available at the right time, other than that I have to butt heads with these hearing aid companies recommending I should wear behind the ear hearing aid which basically look like these
    http://www.starkey.com/starkey-produ...behind-the-ear

I prefer inside the ear as I sweat a lot when I do outdoor activities and with behind the ear the port where it receives audio is on the front end which for wearing headphones is a NIGHTMARE and when i was in athletics in school like football and soccer it such a goddamn inconvenience.

Inside the ear just makes more sense and performs more organically if that make sense also when people finally notice im hearing impaired it at the point oh he pretty normal and doesn't act like the stereotypical deaf person or old whiny dude who keep pushing his hearing aid back in constantly.

With the features they bring in nowadays hearing aids it almost more of a bionic thing than a aid.

http://www.starkey.com/starkey-produ...-aids/3-series

20. Post #2340
    PLUNGER BUTT
    November 2010
    3,411 Posts
    wow.
    i take my GPU out to get the serial number so I can RMA it, then I put it back in. didn't touch anything else and now my computer decides to stop POSTing. wtf.

21. Post #2341
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,679 Posts
    wow.
    i take my GPU out to get the serial number so I can RMA it, then I put it back in. didn't touch anything else and now my computer decides to stop POSTing. wtf.
    Did you plug in GPU power/cpu power (The cord goes over my gpu so I always have to unplug it and literally every time I forget to plug it back in)

22. Post #2342
    PLUNGER BUTT
    November 2010
    3,411 Posts
    Did you plug in GPU power/cpu power (The cord goes over my gpu so I always have to unplug it and literally every time I forget to plug it back in)
    somehow flicking a unnamed switch next to a little red light on my MB fixed it.

Edited:

i believe that switch resets the CMOS because all my special settings are gone :(

23. Post #2343
    My case arrived :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #2344
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,652 Posts
    one fucking summer class costs $1800.

yeah I think I know what's wrong with America

25. Post #2345
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    7,442 Posts
    Hearing AIDS? sooo, if I have sex, I might go deaf?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

26. Post #2346
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    one fucking summer class costs $1800.

yeah I think I know what's wrong with America
    what

I don't even pay close to that for three courses at my school.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #2347
    PLUNGER BUTT
    November 2010
    3,411 Posts
    Hearing AIDS? sooo, if I have sex, I might go deaf?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

28. Post #2348
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,652 Posts
    what

I don't even pay close to that for three courses at my school.
    It's a full blown university but its 50-60% cheaper than pretty much every other university in Colorado.

I think. It's just a math class I need. 4 credit hours. $1392 tuition + a shitton of fees.

Edited:

Looks like I ain't getting my GS4 as soon as I wanted. :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #2349
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    31,203 Posts
    If it was my school that charged that much the class would be $5 and the textbook would be $1,795, and it'd be one of those dumb ones you can't sell back anywhere except to the school for $10.

30. Post #2350
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    8,130 Posts
    Does anyone know why svchost is constantly maxing out my download speed:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

31. Post #2351
    Does anyone know why svchost is constantly maxing out my download speed:

This is one thing I fucking hate about Windows services. Multiple services will share the same host process.

Go into task manager, find the svchost process with the same PID, right click and choose Go To Services and see what's highlighted there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #2352
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    8,130 Posts
    This is one thing I fucking hate about Windows services. Multiple services will share the same host process.

Go into task manager, find the svchost process with the same PID, right click and choose Go To Services and see what's highlighted there.
    There's no svchost process with that PID for some reason, but there are these services:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

33. Post #2353
    There's no svchost process with that PID for some reason, but there are these services:

Windows Update is probably what's eating it up then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #2354
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,666 Posts
    somehow flicking a unnamed switch next to a little red light on my MB fixed it.

Edited:

i believe that switch resets the CMOS because all my special settings are gone :(
    I believe that's the dual BIOS one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

35. Post #2355
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    9,896 Posts
    5 hours since last post, did you guys die
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #2356
    I pleasure myself while wearing Combine armour~~
    Dennab
    May 2010
    6,170 Posts
    I'm a zombie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #2357
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    10,249 Posts
    I'm half asleep while uploading a video and rendering another
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

38. Post #2358
    January 2013
    569 Posts
    I've been busy buying cheap HDD's from CEX, 160Gb 7200RPM WD black for 12.
    The 8 year old IDE drive in my server sounds like its about to shake itself apart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #2359
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    9,896 Posts
    I've ordered a timecode vinyl just to see what it's like
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Denmark Show Events

40. Post #2360
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,247 Posts