1. Post #14001
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    10,996 Posts
    Just tried out the Tapco slotted brake on my Yugo AK. I was initially skeptical because Tapco, but this is probably my favorite muzzle device, having similar effects as the 74-style brake but without the enormous size and weight. It virtually eliminates vertical climb and the recoil is substantially lessened, leaving just a slight horizontal jump. The only downside is the blast of gas going straight up through the sight picture, but rapid fire was very manageable without losing sight of the target. Definitely worth the fifteen bucks and definitely an improvement over the standard slant brake.

I got some slow-motion footage I'll try to upload later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #14002
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,748 Posts
    Just tried out the Tapco slotted brake on my Yugo AK. I was initially skeptical because Tapco, but this is probably my favorite muzzle device, having similar effects as the 74-style brake but without the enormous size and weight. It virtually eliminates vertical climb and the recoil is substantially lessened, leaving just a slight horizontal jump. The only downside is the blast of gas going straight up through the sight picture, but rapid fire was very manageable without losing sight of the target. Definitely worth the fifteen bucks and definitely an improvement over the standard slant brake.

I got some slow-motion footage I'll try to upload later.
    One of the few things Tapco did right, just like their G2 AK trigger groups.
    Great brake for the money; if you want to upgrade, check out the Manticore Night Brake, it's every bit as good as the AK Battle Comp for 1/3rd the price.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #14003
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,296 Posts
    Great brake for the money; if you want to upgrade, check out the Manticore Night Brake, it's every bit as good as the AK Battle Comp for 1/3rd the price.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

4. Post #14004
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,863 Posts
    If you avoid the polymer shit that tapco makes, the rest is of "ok" or better quality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #14005
    Premature Joculation
    April 2009
    8,056 Posts
    If you avoid the polymer shit that tapco makes, the rest is of "ok" or better quality.
    I've yet to have an issue with the Tapco magazine I have. Works just as flawlessly as the Magpul one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #14006
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    5,863 Posts
    I've yet to have an issue with the Tapco magazine I have. Works just as flawlessly as the Magpul one.
    Most of the hate comes from their earlier versions of their polymer products, which were questionable at best, and absolute shit at worst.

They've improved significantly, but still lack basic things like metal re-enforcing for the feed lips on their mags. I've got some 10 round mags for my AK (thanks commifornia), and they're pretty OK, but you can definitely see the wear and tear on them, even after only about 1000 rounds (split amongst 5 mags)

7. Post #14007

Check out this iranian 20mm anti-helicopter rifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #14008
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,428 Posts

RR_Raptors new gun design.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

9. Post #14009
    November 2013
    1,943 Posts
    I heard good things about this brake, but it's $160 freakin dollars

http://www.lantac-usa.com/AR15-M16-M.../DGNAK47B.html

10. Post #14010
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,748 Posts
    I heard good things about this brake, but it's $160 freakin dollars

http://www.lantac-usa.com/AR15-M16-M.../DGNAK47B.html
    If you're going to spend that much, you may as well buy the Venom Antidote for $200.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #14011
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,654 Posts
    Lantac makes an amazing brake. It's worth the money.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

12. Post #14012
    Hi, my name is mastermaul, and I'm a butt.
    January 2008
    10,478 Posts
    Remember to do your research, kids. I just screwed myself out of a S&W 1905 .38 because I didn't know that a fouling cup was a deliberate feature.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

13. Post #14013
    November 2013
    1,943 Posts
    I've dealt with my AK's cleaning rod bouncing forward almost off the gun several times now while firing. Today, while screwing around with it, I noticed there is a cutout at the bottom of the FSB for it. Wow.

In my defense, the massive brake on my '74 made it unnecessary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

14. Post #14014
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,748 Posts
    I've dealt with my AK's cleaning rod bouncing forward almost off the gun several times now while firing. Today, while screwing around with it, I noticed there is a cutout at the bottom of the FSB for it. Wow.

In my defense, the massive brake on my '74 made it unnecessary.
    I always laugh when I'm watching a youtube video of someone shooting with their cleaning rod halfway out in front of the muzzle because of that.

Supposedly AKs shoot better without them though, harmonic vibrations and all.

15. Post #14015
    Anyone have any experience with SOG knives? They seem pretty sturdy for their price.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #14016
    Garb is the dry stuff in the corner of your eyes when you just wake up.
    May 2010
    1,866 Posts
    A couple of SOG things are nice but they also have their share of shitty knives
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

17. Post #14017
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,615 Posts
    Anyone have any experience with SOG knives? They seem pretty sturdy for their price.
    I have a SOG seal pup and it's a halfway decent knife. It's really nothing extraordinary though, I'd get a Kershaw instead
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

18. Post #14018
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,748 Posts
    They are GTG.

Edited:

Kershaw, Benchmade, CRKT, they all have good knives and bad knives, so google the model beforehand.

19. Post #14019
    No such thing as overkill.
    January 2007
    10,996 Posts

Like I said, really impressed with the effectiveness of a $15 Tapco accessory. Zero vertical recoil, just a bit of a tug to the right. With a straight-line stock it handles a hell of a lot better than the more 'authentic' 7.62 AKs I've shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #14020
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,447 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #14021
    November 2013
    1,943 Posts
    Sig finally picked up the phone! Ordered a couple .22 conversion kits for P228 today for myself and my coworker.

22. Post #14022
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,525 Posts
    Alright, so here's a question for you guys:

How the FUCK does Spike manage to conceal-carry a CZ-75B in "Cowboy Bebop"? Like, theoretically, not literally.

I just recently came in possession of one and I can't for the life of me figure out how you'd conceal something so thick.

23. Post #14023
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    8,824 Posts

How the FUCK does Spike manage to conceal-carry a CZ-75B in "Cowboy Bebop"? Like, theoretically, not literally.

I just recently came in possession of one and I can't for the life of me figure out how you'd conceal something so thick.
    In the small of your back, near your asscrack. That's about the only place I could think of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #14024

he hid it under all his plot armor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

25. Post #14025
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,748 Posts

I'm thin, so CCing a 1911 or G20/21 is no problem, it just means you don't wear hipster tight clothing or tuck in your shirts. Easier if you wear a sport coat or jacket all the time, then you can tuck in your shirt an use the jacket to conceal it.

Edited:

If you happen to have $4k burning a hole in your pocket, you can buy a real M24, because Remington is selling its remaining inventory of them. Only for active, reserve/guard, or retired military however:

http://weaponsman.com/?p=19368

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx...Sellers=119443

26. Post #14026
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,296 Posts

Jericho 941, bro.

Edited:

I'm thin, so CCing a 1911 or G20/21 is no problem, it just means you don't wear hipster tight clothing or tuck in your shirts. Easier if you wear a sport coat or jacket all the time, then you can tuck in your shirt an use the jacket to conceal it.

Edited:

If you happen to have $4k burning a hole in your pocket, you can buy a real M24, because Remington is selling its remaining inventory of them. Only for active, reserve/guard, or retired military however:

http://weaponsman.com/?p=19368

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx...Sellers=119443
    That doesn't apply. Remington sold the M24's to an FFL, and he is selling them. That is because of an Army clause that says nothing that was built for the military can be sold to the public. However, a FFL can buy them and THEN sell to public, which he is doing now.

One of those ends in 10 mins and is already over 5 grand.

27. Post #14027
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,748 Posts
    Pffft, you say Jericho, I say CZ clone.

28. Post #14028
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,296 Posts
    Pffft, you say Jericho, I say CZ clone.
    Technically, its a Tanfoglio clone, which itself is a CZ clone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #14029
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,748 Posts
    Technically, its a Tanfoglio clone, which itself is a CZ clone.
    Which all may as well be called modernized Browning Hi Power derivatives.

30. Post #14030
    Bring me a bucket, and I'll show you a bucket!
    March 2008
    4,757 Posts
    CZ > butt cancer > HP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

31. Post #14031
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    8,824 Posts
    The Hi-Power is a better gun than the 1911, and Browning himself agrees with me. Fite me.

Also fuck Cloudflare, fucked up this post the first time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

32. Post #14032
    YEAH, AND?
    December 2010
    9,615 Posts
    CZ > butt cancer > HP
    I'm not denying that the CZ75 is a great gun, but it has at least like 40 more tiny parts and springs than the Hi Power

Edited:

But anyways, I'd take a P210 over the CZ or a HP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

33. Post #14033
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,296 Posts
    I'm not denying that the CZ75 is a great gun, but it has at least like 40 more tiny parts and springs than the Hi Power

Edited:

But anyways, I'd take a P210 over the CZ or a HP
    Why do people say this? The P210 is pretty, but as far as the gun itself, it is kinda crap. They were prone to breaking all the time.

34. Post #14034
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,748 Posts
    Why do people say this? The P210 is pretty, but as far as the gun itself, it is kinda crap. They were prone to breaking all the time.
    Horrible ergonomics as well, it was a target gun, and it kind of failed at that.

35. Post #14035
    The Hi-Power is a better gun than the 1911, and Browning himself agrees with me. Fite me.

Also fuck Cloudflare, fucked up this post the first time.
    Theres not many guns out there that aren't better than the 1911.

Edited:

Horrible ergonomics as well, it was a target gun, and it kind of failed at that.
    Sigs newer ones have pretty good ergo and aren't bad pistols, but they're not worth the 2 grand sig wants to charge for them.

36. Post #14036
    Absolute tosser, manchild, and belligerent douche-nozzle.
    July 2006
    11,232 Posts
    There are plenty of handguns out there that are better than the 1911 as a fighting handgun. As a range toy on the other hand it's pretty hard to beat the 1911's accuracy. That might have something to do with there being a massive amount of custom parts of the 1911 platform.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #14037
    March 2008
    4,757 Posts
    how are the p210 ergos horrible? they're pretty damn good, they fit like a glove for me

Edited:

and they're also some of the most precise target 9x19s you can get.. not really understanding the hate?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #14038
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,748 Posts
    how are the p210 ergos horrible? they're pretty damn good, they fit like a glove for me

Edited:

and they're also some of the most precise target 9x19s you can get.. not really understanding the hate?
    It's one of those guns where either it fits you or it doesn't and you can forget about modifications; basically, unless you are a collector, or have to own one, there is no reason not to purchase a competition/target 1911 in 9mm at the same price point of $2K +.

Here is an extensive review and history of the new and original:
    http://www.thefreelibrary.com/SIG+SA.....-a0278632084

Another article:
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...r-p210-legend/

39. Post #14039
    March 2008
    4,757 Posts
    sig sauer p210 =/= sig p210
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #14040
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    2,748 Posts
    sig sauer p210 =/= sig p210
    Well obviously, one is a newer, update model made in Germany instead of Switzerland.
    I doubt you'd be able to perceive any difference in quality however.
    The original was still shite, what with the hammer bite, terrible safety position and the heel mag release, all of which were awful for a combat pistol, and not the greatest for a target gun.